Tuesday, October 07, 2014

The Day the Earth Stood Still





































http://gallery.phoebe-cates.com/v/current/ [ Original source of image I downloaded from the Internet ]



































DSC05407.JPG










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Friday, May 26, 2006 4:42 PM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Re: Journal May 26, 2006


Kerry Burgess wrote:
The fox hunt organizers and the adult field judges were complimentary about my performance because I really got out there and scored the dogs. Micheal laughed during my first fox hunt when I asked if we used a shotgun or a rifle to shoot the fox. I can remember early on after I started judging, when I was still traveling with an adult, I hauled ass across this open field to get the number of a dog out by itself. We hadn't seen much that day and I wanted to score something. The dog came over to lick my hand and I disqualified it.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 26 May 2006 excerpt ends]



































DSC05412.JPG



































DSC05414.JPG










From 6/13/2005 To 12/12/2008 is 1278 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 5/3/1969 ( Richard Nixon - Remarks in Columbia, S.C. ) is 1278 days



From 6/13/2005 To 12/12/2008 is 1278 days

1278 = 639 + 639

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/3/1967 ( premiere US film "Beach Red" ) is 639 days



From 1/19/1993 ( in Asheville North Carolina as Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess I was seriously wounded by gunfire when I returned fatal gunfire to a fugitive from United States federal justice ) To 12/12/2008 is 5806 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 9/25/1981 ( premiere US film "Southern Comfort" ) is 5806 days



From 5/14/1912 ( premiere US film "The Turning Point" ) To 8/3/1998 ( Tom Clancy "Rainbow Six" ) is 31492 days

31492 = 15746 + 15746

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 12/12/2008 is 15746 days



From 11/26/1986 ( premiere US film "Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home" ) To 12/12/2008 is 8052 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 11/19/1987 ( Ronald Reagan - Proclamation 5747 - National Family Week, 1987 ) is 8052 days



From 3/20/1958 ( premiere US TV series episode "Navy Log"::"One Grand Marine" ) To 12/12/2008 is 18530 days

18530 = 9265 + 9265

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 3/16/1991 ( my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate Columbia South Carolina ) is 9265 days



From 12/20/1994 ( in Bosnia as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps captain this day is my United States Navy Cross medal date of record ) To 12/12/2008 is 5106 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 10/26/1979 ( premiere US film "The Great Santini" ) is 5106 days



[ See also: http://hvom.blogspot.com/2014/07/the-great-santini.html ]
[ See also: http://hvom.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-day-earth-stood-still.html ]


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0970416/releaseinfo

IMDb


The Day the Earth Stood Still (2008)

Release Info

UK 12 December 2008
USA 12 December 2008










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0970416/quotes

IMDb


The Day the Earth Stood Still (2008)

Quotes


Klaatu: [to Helen] Your professor is right. At the precipice we change.










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=2033

The American Presidency Project

Richard Nixon

XXXVII President of the United States: 1969 - 1974

182 - Remarks in Columbia, S.C., During a Visit With Former Governor and Mrs. James Byrnes.

May 3, 1969

IF I COULD HAVE your attention for just a moment:

It has been a very great honor and privilege for Mrs. Nixon, for me, and for the Members of the Senate and the House, to come here to join in this tribute to Governor Byrnes and to Mrs. Byrnes.

I think, really, the character of this wonderful family is indicated when the Governor said, as we came into the house and wished him happy birthday, that he wanted to make clear that the main purpose of this day was not to celebrate his birthday, but the 63d wedding anniversary with Mrs. Byrnes.

So we honor that wonderful family relationship.

I understand the Governor's secret, and Mrs. Byrnes told it to me. We asked, did they ever have an argument in 63 years, and she said, "Yes, now and then," but they always had a rule that before the day ended they kissed and made up.

I want to leave one thought with regard to the Governor as we honor him:

I look back over the men that I have known around the world and in this country, and I have known great Congressmen, Senators, Governors, Justices of the Supreme Court of the United States, Secretaries of State, and men who have served in wartime as the top advisers to the President of the United States. But never in American history has one man held more high offices with more distinction than Governor Byrnes of South Carolina.

Note: The President spoke at 12:43 p.m. in Columbia, S.C., at the home of former Governor James F. Byrnes. He and Mrs. Nixon stopped en route to Louisville, Ky., for the Kentucky Derby to congratulate the Governor and Mrs. Byrnes on their 63d wedding anniversary and the Governor's 90th birthday.

Governor Byrnes served as Representative 1911-1925, Senator 1931-1941, Governor of South Carolina 1951-1955, Justice of the United States Supreme Court 1941-1942, Head of the Office of Economic Stabilization 1942-1943, Director of the Office of War Mobilization 1943-1945, and Secretary of State 1945-1947.

Following the President's remarks, Governor Byrnes spoke as follows:

Mr. President:

I address you as Mr. President because last fall I told you that I hoped when you came again to South Carolina I could greet you as
"Mr. President." I do so today.

I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your honoring me by coming to visit my home. I will never forget this day; I will never forget you.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0970416/quotes

IMDb


The Day the Earth Stood Still (2008)

Quotes


Regina Jackson: My name is Regina Jackson. I'm the Secretary of Defense of the United States of America.

Klaatu: This body will take some getting used to.

Regina Jackson: I've been sent here to determine who or what you represent and what your intentions are.

Klaatu: It feels unreal to me. Alien. It will take time to adapt.

Helen Benson: What were you before you were human?

Klaatu: Different.

Helen Benson: Different how?

Klaatu: It would only frighten you.










http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/news/releases/2008/12/20081212-4.html

THE WHITE HOUSE

PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH

For Immediate Release

Office of the Press Secretary

December 12, 2008

President Bush Delivers Commencement Address at Texas A&M

Texas A&M University

College Station, Texas

10:36 A.M. CST

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you all. Howdy!

AUDIENCE: Howdy!

THE PRESIDENT: I am thrilled to be back in Aggieland. (Applause.) And it's always an honor to be introduced by the President of the United States -- especially when he's your Dad. And how about Mom? Mom, I've been meaning to say this publicly for a long time -- thanks, thanks for the gray hair. (Laughter.)

I congratulate the graduates of the Fighting Texas Aggie Classes of 2008 -- (applause) -- class of 2007 -- (applause) -- the class of 2006 -- I'd better stop. (Laughter.) Let's just say that I hope there's no one left from when I spoke to the commencement in 1998. (Laughter.) If so, I hope you're walking out of here with a Ph.D. (Laughter.)


There is one person who wishes he could be here today -- and that's your former President, and America's Secretary of Defense, Bob Gates. (Applause.) You know, he's got an excused absence. It's not like he's over at the Dixie Chicken.










http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/coldplay/yellow.html


COLDPLAY


"Yellow"


I came along,
I wrote a song for you,
And all the things you do,
And it was called "Yellow".










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0970416/quotes

IMDb


The Day the Earth Stood Still (2008)

Quotes


Professor Barnhardt: There must be alternatives. You must have some technology that could solve our problem.

Klaatu: Your problem is not technology. The problem is you. You lack the will to change.

Professor Barnhardt: Then help us change.

Klaatu: I cannot change your nature. You treat the world as you treat each other.

Professor Barnhardt: But every civilization reaches a crisis point eventually.

Klaatu: Most of them don't make it.

Professor Barnhardt: Yours did. How?

Klaatu: Our sun was dying. We had to evolve in order to survive.

Professor Barnhardt: So it was only when your world was threated with destruction that you became what you are now.

Klaatu: Yes.

Professor Barnhardt: Well that's where we are. You say we're on the brink of destruction and you're right. But it's only on the brink that people find the will to change. Only at the precipice do we evolve. This is our moment. Don't take it from us, we are close to an answer.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0970416/quotes

IMDb


The Day the Earth Stood Still (2008)

Quotes


[Seated at a McDonald's, Klaatu begins speaking to Mr. Wu in Mandarin]

Klaatu: You've been out of contact for a long time.

Mr. Wu: I had a dangerous assignment. This is hostile territory.

Klaatu: I've noticed.










2008 film "The Day the Earth Stood Still" DVD video:

00:36:15


Regina Jackson - United States of America Secretary of Defense: We're going to transport you to a different facility for better medical care.

Klaatu: No, you are not.

Regina Jackson - United States of America Secretary of Defense: Excuse me?

Klaatu: I am leaving.

Regina Jackson - United States of America Secretary of Defense: I can't allow you to do that.

Klaatu: It's not up to you.



































DSC 5349.JPG










2008 film "The Day the Earth Stood Still" DVD video:


Regina Jackson - United States of America Secretary of Defense: You invaded our airspace. That... automaton that emerged from the sphere










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0970416/quotes

IMDb


The Day the Earth Stood Still (2008)

Quotes


Jacob Benson: But you have powers.

Klaatu: I'm sorry.

Jacob Benson: Please. Please!










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: ----- Original Message ----
From: Kerry Burgess
To: fbise@leo.gov
Cc: inspector.general@usdoj.gov; hotline@dodig.mil; NAVIGHotlines@navy.mil
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2007 10:18:20 AM
Subject: Re: Seattle FBI

So what's next, chump?


Are you going to stand up to a real officer of the United States of America or are you just going to keep tiptoeing around me like the pack of cowardly jackals and hyenas you are?


I have been 100% deployed on this official United States federal assignment for 10 years - that you have seriously interfered with - and you think you can just walk away from your treasonous activities?


You have provided material support to an insurrection against the United States of America and the Bill Gates-sponsored War On Heroism and you think there are not going to be serious repercussions to you?


You should not have made me make you surrender unconditionally.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 23 October 2007 excerpt ends]










http://www.chakoteya.net/movies/movie4.html

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home


SPOCK: Humans make illogical decisions.

AMANDA: They do, indeed.



































DSC05395.JPG










2008 film "The Day the Earth Stood Still" DVD video:

00:50:09


Klaatu: Where is the boy's father?

Dr. Helen Benson: He's dead.

Klaatu: How did he die?

Dr. Helen Benson: He was in the Army.

Klaatu: So the boy wishes his soldier father were here to rescue the world from the aliens?

Dr. Helen Benson: The boy wishes his father were here for a lot of reasons - aliens being the least of them. He wasn't even that kind of soldier. He was an engineer. He went over there to build - not to fight.

Klaatu: And his mother?

Dr. Helen Benson: She died when he was a baby. I married his father, and... a year ago, he was killed.


00:51:07

Klaatu: He's here.










2008 film "The Day the Earth Stood Still" DVD video:

00:45:50

Dr. Helen Benson: You know, I took a huge risk back at the hospital. Did I make a mistake? Are you a friend to us?



































DSC05400.JPG



































DSC05401.JPG



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 02:55 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Tuesday 07 October 2014