Friday, August 02, 2019

Dark City



"leashes on mosquitoes in a stadium"

Some of the words from Danamarie McNichols, the current Miss Washington, I just heard on the KREM 2 CBS New Spokane live tv broadcast about 5:40 AM today, most certainly I would guess, as she read it off the teleprompter, words written by someone else somewhere else in the building or beyond their building.

Those words remind me of a specific element, referenced here earlier, of the book I have been reading the past couple days, trying to not read more today because it only becomes more work for me.

What makes it compelling is how I sprained muscles in my back a few hours ago, still now very painful even after three Advil tablets, getting out of the shower. That hasn't happened in a long time, happening now probably because I haven't been on my bicycle in almost three weeks and losing physical conditioning can be as painful or more painful than the work to gain physical conditioning. But the reason that's compelling is because of the dining table chair from that same book. I've written before about that house I owned in South Carolina and I had a large dining room table and one time I sprained muscles in my back and that chair was perfectly constructed for me to lean back and crack my back in place again. Every time I feel that pain, infrequently, I've wished I still had at least one of those chairs from that table.

In the past, I have written about my imaginative flights where people suddenly become zombies. Not the cannibal zombies, they just become mindless drones. Their condition is proved because of synchronized movement I see from them. I wrote about standing in the grocery store and seeing them moving in synchronization, even the ones who can't see each other, which proves to me it's not an act staged around me for some bizarre, unexplained reason. After initial performance, all of them leave the building and begin a constant march towards downtown Seattle, their fate undetermined, perhaps to become unwilling colonists on distant worlds, as your Overlords originally intended for their human race animals, something your childish ego and it's naive need for control over anything, that you've never had, won't let you accept as possibility. Because you're naive and childish.

Because of those words I heard spoken earlier those morning on live tv I decided to look closer at the code associations for this calendar day, 08/02/2019, having forgotten earlier work I published here.








http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118929/quotes

IMDb

Dark City (1998)

Quotes

Walenski: I've been trying to remember things, CLEARLY remember things, from my past, but the more I try to think back, the more it all starts to unravel. None of it seems real. It's like I've just been dreaming this life, and when I finally wake up, I'll be somebody else. Somebody totally different!

Inspector Frank Bumstead: You saw something, didn't you, Eddie? Something to do with the case.

Walenski: There is no case! There never was! It's all just a big joke! It's a joke!








From 5/2/2014 ( for me personally as Kerry Burgess - Homestead Day 217 - The Homestead Apartments Phase 2 Day 1 - Spokane Valley, Washington State, United States ) To 3/2/2018 is 1400 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 9/2/1969 ( the first automatic teller machine in the United States was installed by Chemical Bank in Rockville New York ) is 1400 days



Other posts by me on this topic includes: https://hvom.blogspot.com/2019/07/the-event-book-1.html


https://www.amazon.com/Event-Survivors-Book-One-ebook/dp/B079LZR278/

amazon

You borrowed this book for free with your Kindle Unlimited subscription on July 29, 2019

The Event (The Survivors Book One) Kindle Edition

by Nathan Hystad (Author)

Print Length: 262 pages

Publisher: Woodbridge Press (March 2, 2018)

Publication Date: March 2, 2018








https://hvom.blogspot.com/2019/07/the-event-book-1.html

Posted by Kerry Burgess at 4:57 AM

Number 878: The Farthest Man From Home

I am Kerry Burgess. This is what I think.

Tuesday, July 30, 2019

The Event (Book 1)

The Event (The Survivors Book One)

Nathan Hystad

Chapter 3

The streets on this side of town were quiet, and it only took ten minutes to get to my destination. We pulled up and I stopped at the keypad, truck window open. I could hear sirens blasting across the town: a mixture of fire and ambulance, with a hint of police. I pulled the envelope out of my pocket and opened it. The key slid out, as did a small piece of paper. 3691 was written on it. I punched that sequence into the pad and the gate in front of the truck slid open.

"What could we possibly be doing at a storage facility?" There are aliens above us and you're looking for what? A dining room chair?" James didn't hide his annoyance.

[ excerpt ends Posted by Kerry Burgess at 4:57 AM Tuesday, July 30, 2019 ]








https://hvom.blogspot.com/2019/07/children-of-sun.html

Posted by Kerry Burgess at 5:27 PM

Number 878: The Farthest Man From Home

I am Kerry Burgess. This is what I think.

Friday, July 19, 2019

Children of the Sun

https://my.spokanecity.org/bcc/vacancies/

City of Spokane official

Current Vacancies [ Retrieved by Kerry Burgess 07/19/2019 ]

Give back to the Spokane community by joining a Board, Commission, or Committee. The following Boards and Commissions are currently accepting applicants to fill the following vacancies. Please submit applications (PDF 89 KB) to the Mayor's office by mail or emailing them directly to mayor@spokanecity.org.

Appointments to City boards, commissions or agencies must be residents of the City, unless the provision establishing the requirement for the appointment specifically permits or requires the appointment of a nonresident.

City Flag Working group

The City Flag Working group, established by City Council Resolution No. 2019-0039 is currently accepting applications for the formation of this temporary workgroup charged with recommending a single design for a new official City of Spokane Flag no later than December 2019. Applications will be accepted until August 2, 2019

[ excerpt ends Posted by Kerry Burgess at 5:27 PM Friday, July 19, 2019 ]








https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118929/quotes

IMDb

Dark City (1998)

Quotes

John Murdoch: Here, let me ask you a question. You heard of a place called Shell Beach?

Inspector Frank Bumstead: Sure.

John Murdoch: Do you know how to get there?

Inspector Frank Bumstead: Yeah.

John Murdoch: Tell me.

Inspector Frank Bumstead: Right. You just... you go to the...

John Murdoch: Where? Where do you go?

Inspector Frank Bumstead: Just give me a second, will you...

John Murdoch: You can't remember, can you?








From 10/17/1950 ( IMDb database file, previously referenced by me: premiere US film "Dark City" ) To 7/16/2004 ( premiere US TV series "Stargate: Atlantis" ) is 19631 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 8/2/2019 is 19631 days



From 2/27/1998 ( premiere US film "Dark City" ) To 8/2/2019 is 7826 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 4/7/1987 ( premiere US TV series episode "Nova"::"Rocky Road to Jupiter" ) is 7826 days



From 6/14/1997 ( premiere US film "Hercules" ) To 8/2/2019 is 8084 days

8084 = 4042 + 4042

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 11/26/1976 ( my biological brother Thomas Reagan the civilian and privately financed astronaut in solar system deep space in his privately financed atom-pulse propulsion spaceship this day makes his first landing the Jupiter moon Callisto ) is 4042 days



From 3/3/1969 ( the United States Navy Fighter Weapons School established in direct recognition of Thomas Reagan the United States Navy officer and the only United States military fighter jet ace-in-single-day during the Vietnam War ) To 8/2/2019 is 18414 days

18414 = 9207 + 9207

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 1/17/1991 ( the date of record of my United States Navy Medal of Honor as Kerry Wayne Burgess chief warrant officer United States Marine Corps circa 1991 officially the United States Apache attack helicopter pilot ) is 9207 days



From 1/23/1949 ( the debut of Bozo the Clown ) To 10/23/2002 ( United States Public Law 107-248 legislated the creation of the United States Medal of Honor Flag ) is 19631 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 8/2/2019 is 19631 days



From 2/10/1940 ( the debut of Tom and Jerry ) To 8/2/2019 is 29028 days

29028 = 14514 + 14514

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 7/29/2005 ( premiere US film "Stealth" ) is 14514 days



From 5/21/2006 ( referenced in text here: Kerry Burgess - Re: Journal May 21, 2006 ) To 8/2/2019 is 4821 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 1/14/1979 ( premiere US TV series episode "Battlestar Galactica"::"War of the Gods - Part 1" ) is 4821 days


Other post by me: https://hvom.blogspot.com/2019/07/children-of-sun.html
https://hvom.blogspot.com/2019/08/dark-city.html


https://twitter.com/SpokaneCity/status/1151612540536807424

Twitter

City of Spokane

@SpokaneCity

3:00 PM - 17 Jul 2019

We have a unique opportunity for you to be a part of Spokane’s history! Right now we are accepting applications for the City flag working group that will create the process in which we select a new flag. Applications will be accepted until 8/2. More info http://my.spokanecity.org/bcc/vacancies/








1998 film "Dark City" DVD video:

00:18:21

May: What's your name, honey?

John Murdoch: [ reading from his driver's license ] John. [ chuckles ]

May: Well, that's an appropriate name.








From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2006 11:04 AM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Re: Journal May 21, 2006

Kerry Burgess wrote:

I think it was my first thought after waking up this morning that I used to date Julia Roberts a long time ago.

I also have these unexplained thoughts that I was a fighter pilot in the U.S. military, although I'm not sure which service, but I may have been in two different branches over time. I am also confused about thoughts that I may have been a helicopter pilot. What's next? A space shuttle pilot? Seems like a lot for someone that is only 40. And, while I am not sure when this divergence happened, I am reasonably certain it was before I turned 33. So I must have been a pretty busy guy. Especially because I have thoughts that I was some kind of mathmetician too. I have these thoughts too that I was captured by enemy forces at some point and tortured while in captivity.








http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118929/quotes

IMDb

Dark City (1998)

Quotes

Dr. Schreber: I call them the Strangers. They abducted us and brought us here. This city, everyone in it... is their experiment. They mix and match our memories as they see fit, trying to divine what makes us unique. One day, a man might be an inspector. The next, someone entirely different. When they want to study a murderer, for instance, they simply imprint one of their citizens with a new personality. Arrange a family for him, friends, an entire history... even a lost wallet. Then they observe the results. Will a man, given the history of a killer, continue in that vein? Or are we, in fact, more than the sum of our memories?









atl_102_1383.jpg, Stargate: Atlantis tv series premiere 07/16/2004, GateWorld.net



atl_102_1384, Stargate: Atlantis tv series premiere 07/16/2004, GateWorld.net



atl_102_1939, Stargate: Atlantis tv series premiere 07/16/2004, GateWorld.net



atl_102_1986, Stargate: Atlantis tv series premiere 07/16/2004, GateWorld.net



atl_102_2015, Stargate: Atlantis tv series premiere 07/16/2004, GateWorld.net



atl_102_2063, Stargate: Atlantis tv series premiere 07/16/2004, GateWorld.net



atl_102_2107, Stargate: Atlantis tv series premiere 07/16/2004, GateWorld.net



atl_102_2111, Stargate: Atlantis tv series premiere 07/16/2004, GateWorld.net



- posted by Kerry Burgess 06:33 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Friday 02 August 2019