Sunday, August 04, 2019

War of the Worlds the True Story



A few days ago I was hoping to capture some images of the Delta Aquariids at its peak and post the images here but I never saw anything, feeling exhausted working on a complicated post for my blog as I also tried to understand the finer points of digital photography using the so-called Bulb setting. This video I'm watching just now today for the first time ever reminds me of the post I was planning to make along with the images I hoped to capture of the meteors.

I always remember the turmoil in my 14-year-old mind when Thedia uprooted us from DeQueen to move to Ashdown to live with her newest in a long string of new husbands signaling the certain turmoil of the pending and guaranteed future break-up.

The night they got married, referenced in previous posts by me, my new step-siblings and I decorated her new husband's car with shoe polish and other stuff.

I wrote in shoe polish on rooftop of his side of the car "Good Luck #7". He wasn't her seventh husband when I was 14 years old and I remembered them all, but I had lost count.

Later I would wonder: He didn't know about the others. I felt a great certainty that he didn't know about it until I told his kids that Thedia had been already married before many times before that night.

Must have been a real surprise. I know that as an adult I would have been very annoyed and angry to find out that detail. I am also sure today she would lie about all this if questioned, which isn't the point of this note.

What I am reminded of again today is one of the few memories I have of after we moved farther south to Ashdown in southwest Arkansas and we were living there in Ashdown in his trailer-house.

One night, his dim-wit son said something about "shooting stars" in the night sky. I told him they weren't "shooting stars", the typical terminology of the lazy-minds who don't want to learn anything new about the universe, relying instead on the perpetual ignorance of their ancestors, and that they were meteors. They're dumb and stupid and they make the rest of you dumb and stupid.

He told me later that his father, another dim-wit I always thought of as being short and intensely insecure, had told him they would have to "teach" me, or whatever was his precise words, which I forget now. Strong words from a dullard supposedly with no more than a fourth grade education. His son could hardly read. I'm not sure that guy was even literate. We were just Thedia's luggage as far as he was concerned.

They're dumb and stupid and they make the rest of you dumb and stupid. They don't know anything about the Universe beyond the dirt under their monkey-feet and they don't want to know and if you try to break their cycle of ignorance then you will encounter their rage for your insolence.

One of several - *seemingly* - new - *seemingly new* - ideas that formed in my mind - seemingly for the first time - coinciding with my unrequested mental health treatment in Seattle and the VA hospital was that Thedia was routinely and secretly drugging me in the 1970s and 1980s. I began to think that she was a regular user of illegal narcotics back then and she (making me almost shudder at the thought) was trying to get me strung out, without drawing too much attention to herself by the authorities, so that I wouldn't move away when I got older, and I guess, to be a supplier for her of more illegal narcotics. I further began to suspect that somebody in the United States Navy figured that out too in conjunction with the security review I had to go through. I was accepted into US Navy service and the occupation they allowed me to train for was one of the most advanced and technical ratings for enlisted sailors. Back on Hicks Road, Guy, something didn't smell right.

As for Denzil Flintstone, his luck ran out a few years later. I was in the Persian Gulf at the time. I never found out the full story.








https://earthsky.org/astronomy-essentials/everything-you-need-to-know-delta-aquarid-meteor-shower

EarthSky

Delta Aquariids 2019: All you need to know

Posted by Bruce McClure and Deborah Byrd in ASTRONOMY ESSENTIALS July 23, 2019

Late July presents the nominal peak of the Delta Aquariid meteor shower, but this long and rambling shower is officially active from about July 12 to August 23 each year.









war-of-the-worlds-the-true-story_00h00m00s.jpg



war-of-the-worlds-the-true-story_00h05m00s.jpg



war-of-the-worlds-the-true-story_00h07m42s.jpg



war-of-the-worlds-the-true-story_00h07m45s.jpg



war-of-the-worlds-the-true-story_00h07m53s.jpg



war-of-the-worlds-the-true-story_00h08m19s.jpg



war-of-the-worlds-the-true-story_00h09m16s.jpg



war-of-the-worlds-the-true-story_00h09m20s.jpg



war-of-the-worlds-the-true-story_00h09m21s.jpg









DSC02539.jpg, Kerry Burgess 08/03/2019 Spokane


https://hvom.blogspot.com/2019/08/and-i-have-touched-sky.html

Posted by Kerry Burgess at 10:28 AM

Number 878: The Farthest Man From Home

I am Kerry Burgess. This is what I think.

Saturday, August 03, 2019

[ exceprt ends Posted by Kerry Burgess at 10:28 AM Saturday, August 03, 2019 ]



- posted by Kerry Burgess 10:42 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Sunday 04 August 2019