Tuesday, August 06, 2019

Immortality



There's my so-called Theory of Synchronization that I've mentioned a few times.

It's just a half-baked notion in my mind but I'm referring to it as a 'theory' because it is something I dare to believe is provable. Someday might be proved.

I don't know who's reading my blog. I don't know if there are people reading some of it and not reading some of it. Most of my posts are single-topic but some connect to each other, trying to read my blog now might be similar to starting a book well after the beginning. I don't envy any person going back and trying to read more of my past blog posts.

The people I *guess* are reading my blog aren't really of any use to me. They are not imaginative enough. Their lives are pointless and meaningless and all *they* have is their *wishful* thinking.

So this theory of mine is pointless in terms of trying to explain to them.

They are wasting their lives and so they are the gullible sort who are susceptible to any religion and its monetary profit-motive fairy-tales.

The only reason they care about immortality is *because* their lives are pointless and meaningless. Each day of life reminds them of how pointless and meaningless are their lives.

I've had a lot of time to think about that topic, for many reasons, and other topics, and I don't believe in immortality.

Bible-thumpers don't believe in it either *because* they are incapable of independent thought. Some bible-thumper scam-artist comes along and starts charming their susceptibility with fairy-tales about Heaven and the fairy-tale answers to the end of their personal misery. The scam-artists religious leaders found an endless supply of loot for preaching their fairy-tale scams.

There is a childish association I have heard before that associates death with 'sleep'. A person isn't dead, children might be told, they are sleeping. It's a simple, unimaginative lie that spares the immature from the harsh truth of reality. So they grow up to be spineless-weasels terrified of mortality, as are all religious people, most of them hypocrites, such as bubble-head blondes on live television broadcasts.

Aside from that childish notion of death and sleep, I have discovered for myself a different notion. It's obvious now to me and perhaps to you but the *fact* is it was *never* obvious to you *until* you first heard it from *me*. We all lose control of our minds during sleep and a person could die and be copied and never know it. Then you are a completely *different* person. You died and were copied. That's not immortality. Those thoughts in your monkey-head that constantly tells you that you're the most special animal in the Universe - a Universe you are 100% ignorant of - are just simple chemical molecules. Copy those molecules, beyond your dim-wit comprehension of technology, and you're a completely different person. Your predecessor is dead. There is no immortality in the Universe for animals, including you. Not as long as it's possible for you to lose conscious control of your mind.





The Event (The Survivors Book One)

Nathan Hystad

Chapter 30

(Dean:) I lay there in the dark, my mind reeling at everything that had happened. Closing my eyes, I could swear I felt the other blood coursing through my veins. But even now, my back was better



- posted by Kerry Burgess 05:32 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Tuesday 06 August 2019