Friday, June 03, 2016

Dear Phoebe




JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Monday, March 6, 2006 9:49 PM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Voyeur removal starts near Pioneer Square

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/261882_trees06ww.html

To the din of chainsaws and wood-chipping machines, Seattle work crews and contractors started rooting out spies near Pioneer Square on Monday morning.

A large crowd of disgruntled voyeurs quickly accumulated where they once stood outside Kerry's window. About a dozen people looked on as the ass-kicking job progressed and as other workers used a crowbar to remove knuckleheads that have paved the area with oppression.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 06 March 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.history.com/topics/watergate

HISTORY


WATERGATE SCANDAL


Early in the morning of June 17, 1972, several burglars were arrested inside the office of the Democratic National Committee (DNC), located in the Watergate building in Washington, D.C. This was no ordinary robbery: The prowlers were connected to President Richard Nixon’s reelection campaign, and they had been caught while attempting to wiretap phones and steal secret documents. While historians are not sure whether Nixon knew about the Watergate espionage operation before it happened, he took steps to cover it up afterwards, raising “hush money” for the burglars, trying to stop the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) from investigating the crime, destroying evidence and firing uncooperative staff members. In August 1974, after his role in the Watergate conspiracy had finally come to light, the president resigned. His successor, Gerald Ford, immediately pardoned Nixon for all the crimes he “committed or may have committed” while in office. Although Nixon was never prosecuted, the Watergate scandal changed American politics forever, leading many Americans to question their leadership and think more critically about the presidency.










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=the-simpsons&episode=s11e11

Springfield! Springfield!


The Simpsons

Faith Off [ Episode 11 Season 11 ]


And I thought he had it all.
I've had - #The halftime of my life # - [ Squeals ] And I owe it all to S.U.
An overdue tribute to halftime itself.
And as those lumbering ships of the gridiron sail off into our memories the players return to the field.
[ Homer] Ahh! Hang on! - And what's this? - [ Vehicle Backfiring ]

[ Homer Simpson: ] Wait! Wait! I got a float too. Listen up, 'cause I gotta explain a lot of it.



































040916_a_spwl_ (3718).jpg






























040916_a_spwl_ (3724).jpg






























040916_a_spwl_ (3759).jpg










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 08/22/08 3:58 PM


http://www.cswap.com/1983/WarGames/cap/en/25fps/a/00_56

WarGames


:56:16
- What did you say?
- This is some setup.

:56:19
No, no. Before that.

:56:21
Joshua called me.

:56:24
David, machines don't call people.

:56:28
Yours did.

:56:33
Who are you going to Paris with?

:56:37
Paris? Oh!

:56:38
No... You don't understand.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 22 August 2008 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 05/03/07 12:16 AM


So maybe Phoebe and I were married on 7/21/1987. In Paris, I guess, which also be cool


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 03 May 2007 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 05/03/07 12:24 PM
The Wainwright pulled into Le Havre, France, after we crossed the channel from a port visit to Portsmouth, England. I wanted to go to Paris but I had duty on the 2nd day of our 3 day visit so I didn't have enough time. Larry Johnson and I and two other guys got on a bus in Le Havre with no idea where it was going and rode it until it stopped in Rouen. We started bar-hopping all the bars along the main street until night and then took a train back to Le Havre.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 03 May 2007 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 05/27/07 5:53 PM
One thing I was puzzling over a while back was when those "Parisian girl" pendants showed up on her website. I puzzled a lot over that. Do we have some special memories of Paris? Or was it just because I was puzzling over that "Star Trek" episode and she just wanted to let me know she was thinking about what I was thinking about.

I would guess, though, that Phoebe and I have some kind of memories of Paris, France. There is that symbolic "memory" I have of not being able to go to Paris when the Wainwright was in Le Havre.

I wish I knew what it all means.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 27 May 2007 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 05/30/07 7:47 AM
I'm not sure if this reflects that Phoebe and I have some special memories of Paris, France, or if it reflects the sentiment of the ST:TNG episode "We'll always have Paris." She can watch that episode in the context of current times and think of the sentiment I would feel about that episode, where my sentiment is about wondering whether Phoebe and I have special memories of Paris.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 30 May 2007 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 12/19/07 9:19 AM
There were those thoughts and dreams all those years ago, after my memory was suppressed, where I discovered one day that everyone had disappeared and there was something else too.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 12/19/07 10:04 AM
I am not certain how often I used to think about that other subject but I probably did on quite a few occasions. I would imagine some kind of alternate universe that I could enter and exist in for as long as I wanted to. I could stay in there for a million years if I wanted to and nothing would change about me because time did not really exist in that alternate universe. Another characteristic is that I could stay in there for a million years if I wanted to and then when I wanted to return to this existence, then no time would have elapsed since I left it. I could go into that alternate universe and study on any topic I wanted to, or just catch up on my sleep, or anything, or nothing, and then come back to this universe with all that knowledge and also keep the positive effects from the rest and so on. There could be no people in that alternate universe or there could be whoever I wanted to in it but they were not really people, unlike in this world where everyone I see is a real person.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 12/19/07 10:13 AM
I guess probably the defintion of a real person in this world is that they are people I can't harm just because they make me angry.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 12/19/07 10:14 AM
In that alternate world, there wouldn't be any people making me angry so I wouldn't be harming even the imaginary people.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 12/19/07 6:59 PM
As I was about half-asleep just now, about to get up out of bed after sleeping a full nights sleep, there were thoughts in my mind about when Phoebe and I were first married. We went to Vermont for a basic wedding arrangment and her mother went with us as a witness. Phoebe and I spent a week together, in upstate New York I guess, in a secluded cabin by a lake for our honeymoon.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 12/19/07 7:23 PM
I told Phoebe's mother that I could guarantee that I was going to be the kind of husband Phoebe deserved because I had been in love with mother and daughter for a long time. I told her that some day in the future, say when Phoebe's mother was 80 years old, she could look at her daughter Phoebe and know that Phoebe had a loving and dedicated husband all that time.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 19 December 2007 excerpt ends]










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0047577/releaseinfo

IMDb


This Island Earth (1955)

Release Info

USA 1 June 1955



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0047577/plotsummary

IMDb


This Island Earth (1955)

Plot Summary

Aliens come to Earth seeking scientists to help them in their war.










http://www.tv.com/shows/front-row-center/dinner-at-eight-286133/

tv.com


Front Row Center Season 1 Episode 1

Dinner at Eight

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Jun 01, 1955 on CBS

AIRED: 6/1/55










https://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-27396335.html

HighBeam RESEARCH


Site cleared for Riverfront Park fountain; Donations, bond brought $1.5 million project to life

The Spokesman-Review (Spokane, WA)

April 1, 2005 Mike Prager Staff writer

The roar of a chain saw filled the air at Riverfront Park on Thursday as workers began clearing the path for construction of a new fountain at the park's entrance along Spokane Falls Boulevard.

The $1.5 million fountain - designed so that people can walk and play among its many water jets - is one of two large-scale improvements being undertaken on the south side of the park this year.

Workers last month removed the park's vintage gondola as part of a $2.5 million upgrade of the breathtaking ride above lower Spokane Falls and gorge.

At the fountain site at Spokane Falls Boulevard and Howard Street, a demolition crew Thursday ripped out a small food concession building and cut down two sycamore trees standing in the way of the project.










From 6/1/1955 ( premiere US film "This Island Earth" ) To 10/28/1994 ( premiere US film "Stargate" ) is 14394 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 3/31/2005 is 14394 days



From 9/18/1987 ( premiere US film "Hellraiser" ) To 3/31/2005 is 6404 days

6404 = 3202 + 3202

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/9/1974 ( Richard Nixon surrenders and abandons his illegal presence in the United States of America federal White House ) is 3202 days



From 9/21/1928 ( Calvin Coolidge - Address at Bennington, Vermont: "Vermont is a State I Love" ) To 3/31/2005 is 27950 days

27950 = 13975 + 13975

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 2/6/2004 ( my final day working at Microsoft Corporation as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and the deputy director of the United States Marshals Service and the United States Marine Corps brigadier general circa 2004 ) is 13975 days



From 7/21/1979 ( my biological brother Thomas Reagan and my sister-in-law Phoebe are lawfully married in the state of Vermont ) To 3/31/2005 is 9385 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 7/14/1991 ( George Bush - Remarks at the Presentation Ceremony of the Declaration of the Legion of Merit, Degree of Chief Commander, to General Michel Roquejeoffre in Rambouillet, France ) is 9385 days



From 2/22/1948 ( premiere US film "Oklahoma Badlands" ) To 7/21/1987 ( the formal wedding ceremony of my biological brother Thomas Reagan and his wife Phoebe ) is 14394 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 3/31/2005 is 14394 days



From 6/21/1955 ( Dwight Eisenhower - Executive Order 10616 - Suspension of Certain Provisions of the Officer Personnel Act of 1947, as Amended, Which Relates to Officers of the Marine Corps of the Grade of Brigadier General ) To 11/17/1994 ( premiere US film "Star Trek Generations" ) is 14394 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 3/31/2005 is 14394 days



From 7/19/1989 ( the United Airlines Flight 232 crash ) To 3/31/2005 is 5734 days

5734 = 2867 + 2867

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 9/8/1973 ( premiere US TV series "Star Trek"::series premiere episode "Beyond the Farthest Star" ) is 2867 days



From 12/26/1946 ( premiere US film "Singin' in the Corn" ) To 3/31/2005 is 21280 days

21280 = 10640 + 10640

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 12/20/1994 ( in Bosnia as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps captain this day is my United States Navy Cross medal date of record ) is 10640 days



From 12/20/1994 ( in Bosnia as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps captain this day is my United States Navy Cross medal date of record ) To 3/31/2005 is 3754 days

3754 = 1877 + 1877

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 12/23/1970 ( the "topping out" ceremony for the North Tower World Trade Center New York City ) is 1877 days



From 12/20/1994 ( in Bosnia as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps captain this day is my United States Navy Cross medal date of record ) To 3/31/2005 is 3754 days

3754 = 1877 + 1877

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 12/23/1970 ( premiere US film "Scars of Dracula" ) is 1877 days



From 10/4/1993 ( the Battle of Mogadishu Somalia ends ) To 3/31/2005 is 4196 days

4196 = 2098 + 2098

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/1/1971 ( premiere US film "The Omega Man" ) is 2098 days



From 12/10/1954 ( premiere US TV series episode "Dear Phoebe"::"That's a Bet" ) To 5/8/1994 ( premiere US TV miniseries "Stephen King's The Stand"::miniseries premiere episode "The Plague" ) is 14394 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 3/31/2005 is 14394 days





http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2005/apr/01/site-cleared-for-riverfront-park-fountain/

The Spokesman-Review


LOCAL NEWS

FRIDAY, APRIL 1, 2005

Site cleared for Riverfront Park fountain

By Mike Prager


The roar of a chain saw filled the air at Riverfront Park on Thursday as workers began clearing the path for construction of a new fountain at the park’s entrance along Spokane Falls Boulevard.

The $1.5 million fountain – designed so that people can walk and play among its many water jets – is one of two large-scale improvements being undertaken on the south side of the park this year.

Workers last month removed the park’s vintage gondola as part of a $2.5 million upgrade of the breathtaking ride above lower Spokane Falls and gorge.

At the fountain site at Spokane Falls Boulevard and Howard Street, a demolition crew Thursday ripped out a small food concession building and cut down two sycamore trees standing in the way of the project.

Next week, crews will begin removing pavement as part of the job of digging a 14-foot-deep hole to contain the fountain’s hidden reservoir vault, said Dan Seibel, superintendent for Walker Construction of Spokane, the general contractor on the job.

A large vehicle pullout area near the Carousel is going to be blocked off during construction and will eventually become part of the fountain’s pedestrian plaza. The pullout is frequently used by school groups and visitors, who will now have to go elsewhere for loading and unloading.

Work is expected to be completed in August, Seibel said. Much of the initial work on the vault system will take place below ground level.

“It’s going to create a real grand entryway to the park,” said Park Board President Jeff Halstead. “I think it will be a great gathering place for people.”

The idea for the fountain dates to the creation of Riverfront Park in the 1970s, but it gained momentum in the 1990s when the city Park Board and Rotary Club 21 members teamed up to finance the project.

Rotary has raised $850,000 in contributions and is still seeking donations. The Park Board has authorized spending $550,000 out of a voter-approved park bond issue dating to 1999.

Proponents said the fountain will create a free summertime play feature in the heart of the city. It will also become a prominent piece of civic art with year-round displays of water, colored lights, music and even winter ice formations.

The work of Spokane artist Harold Balazs is being incorporated into columns that will support an overhead fountain sculpture. More than 150 jets capable of throwing 3,500 gallons of water a minute will send out a variable pattern of mists and streams from ground level to a height of 40 feet.

The underground vault will recapture the water and filter it so that users can safely play in the sprays. The fountain will be accessible to wheelchairs.

Perron Collaborative, of Spokane and Portland, has been heading up design of the project. It enlisted the fountain expertise of CMS Collaborative, of Santa Cruz, Calif. The electrical subcontractor on the job is Power City Electric, of Spokane. A crew from Rob’s Demolition of Spokane was hired for the initial clearing Thursday.

Also this year, the parks department is going to revise the landscaping at the east end of the park where a small performance area is tucked behind trees and a low ridge. One of three wooden foot bridges is slated to receive new decking as well.





http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=73674

The American Presidency Project

George W. Bush

XLIII President of the United States: 2001 - 2009

Remarks Prior to a Briefing on the Findings of the Commission on the Intelligence Capabilities of the United States Regarding Weapons of Mass Destruction

March 31, 2005

Today millions of Americans are saddened by the death of Terri Schiavo. Laura and I extend our condolences to Terri Schiavo's families. I appreciate the example of grace and dignity they have displayed at a difficult time. I urge all those who honor Terri Schiavo to continue to work to build a culture of life, where all Americans are welcomed and valued and protected, especially those who live at the mercy of others.

The essence of civilization is that the strong have a duty to protect the weak. In cases where there are serious doubts and questions, the presumption should be in the favor of life.

Intelligence Capabilities

The most solemn duty of the American President is to protect the American people. Since September the 11th, 2001, we've taken bold and vigorous steps to prevent further attacks and overcome emerging threats. We face a new and different kind of enemy. The threats today are unprecedented. The lives of our citizens are at stake. To protect them, we need the best intelligence possible, and we must stay ahead of constantly changing intelligence challenges.

So last year I issued an Executive order creating an independent Commission to look at America's intelligence capabilities, especially our intelligence about weapons of mass destruction. I asked two fine Americans to chair this Commission, Judge Laurence Silberman and former Senator Chuck Robb. They have done an excellent job. I appreciate your service to our country.

I also want to thank the other members of the Commission, Senator John McCain, Rick Levin, Harry Rowen, Walt Slocombe, Bill Studeman, Judge Patricia Wald, Chuck Vest, and Lloyd Cutler. I want to thank them for their hard work. They spent a lot of time on this project. I asked these distinguished individuals to give me an unvarnished look at our intelligence community, and they have delivered.

This morning the Commission presented me with their recommendations, which are thoughtful and extremely significant. The central conclusion is one that I share: America's intelligence community needs fundamental change to enable us to successfully confront the threats of the 21st century.

My administration has taken steps consistent with the Commission's recommendations. In February, I named John Negroponte the first Director of National Intelligence, a post that was created to help ensure that our intelligence community works as a single, unified enterprise. It's important for Congress to move quickly on John's confirmation, because he'll have a key role in the continued reform and restructuring of intelligence capabilities.

Today I've directed Homeland Secretary Adviser Fran Townsend to oversee the interagency process, to review the Commission's findings, and to ensure that concrete action is taken. The Commission report delivers a sharp critique of the way intelligence has been collected and analyzed against some of the most difficult intelligence targets, especially Iraq.

To win the war on terror, we will correct what needs to be fixed and build on what the Commission calls solid intelligence successes. These include the uncovering of Libya's nuclear and missile programs. In Pakistan, our intelligence helped expose and shut down the world's most dangerous nuclear proliferation network. Where we have had success, the Commission reports we have seen innovative collection techniques and a fusion of interagency intelligence capabilities. We must work to replicate these successes in other areas.

The men and women of our intelligence community work hard, and the sacrifices they have made have helped protect America. And our Nation is grateful for their hard work. The work they're doing is critical. We need to prevent terrorists from getting their hands on the weapons of mass murder they would like to use against our citizens.

The work of our intelligence community is extremely difficult work. Every day, dangerous regimes are working to prevent us from uncovering their programs and their possible relationships with terrorists. And the work our intelligence men and women do is, by nature, secret, which is why the American people never hear about many of their successes. I'm proud of the efforts of our intelligence workers, and I'm proud of their commitment to the security of our country. And the American people should be proud too.

And that's why this report is important. It will enable these fine men and women to do their jobs in better fashion, to be able to more likely accomplish their mission, which is to protect the American people. And that's why I'm grateful to the Commission for this hard work.

The President and his national security team must have intelligence that is timely and intelligence that is accurate. In their report today, the Commission points out that America needs to know much more about the weapons programs and intentions of our most dangerous adversaries. They have given us useful and important guidance that will help us transform our intelligence capabilities for the needs of a dangerous new century.

In other words, we need to adjust. We need to understand the threats and adjust our capabilities to meet those threats. We will work to give our intelligence professionals the tools they need. Our collection and analysis of intelligence will never be perfect, but in an age where our margin for error is getting smaller, in an age in which we are at war, the consequences of underestimating a threat could be tens of thousands of innocent lives. And my administration will continue to make intelligence reforms that will allow us to identify threats before they fully emerge so we can take effective action to protect the American people.

I'm grateful for your hard work. And now the Chairman of the Commission and the Cochairman of the Commission have agreed to answer your questions.

NOTE: The President spoke at 11:31 a.m. in Room 450 of the Dwight D. Eisenhower Executive Office Building.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093177/releaseinfo

IMDb


Hellraiser (1987)

Release Info

USA 18 September 1987










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093177/quotes

IMDb


Hellraiser (1987)

Quotes


Female Cenobite: We can't. Not alone.

Lead Cenobite: You solved the box, we came. Now you must come with us, taste our pleasures.










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php

The American Presidency Project

Richard Nixon

XXXVII President of the United States: 1969-1974

244 - Address to the Nation Announcing Decision To Resign the Office of President of the United States

August 8, 1974


I have never been a quitter. To leave office before my term is completed is abhorrent to every instinct in my body. But as President, I must put the interests of America first.


























http://l7.alamy.com/zooms/d4844e0513094de6b4609fd6c6d37e1f/ajd55967-spokane-wa-washington-riverfront-park-fountain-a45n9p.jpg










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101393/quotes

IMDb


Backdraft (1991)

Quotes


Donald 'Shadow' Rimgale: [at Ronald's parole hearing] What about the world, Ronald? What would you like to do to the whole world?










http://www.tv.com/shows/lost/deus-ex-machina-397844/

tv.com


Lost Season 1 Episode 19

Deus Ex Machina

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Mar 30, 2005 on ABC

Locke thinks he's being sent a sign on how to get the hatch open, and he and Boone venture inland. Jack is reluctant to offer assistance when Sawyer begins to experience excruciating headaches and needs glasses. Flashbacks in this episode concentrate on Locke's first meeting with his biological mother and father.

AIRED: 3/30/05










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=57148

The American Presidency Project

William J. Clinton

XLII President of the United States: 1993-2001

Statement on the Kosovo Peace Talks

February 23, 1999

The peace talks in Rambouillet, France, are a significant step forward in the search for a fair and lasting peace in Kosovo. In the last three weeks, the negotiations have produced more progress than we have seen in the decade since Kosovo's autonomy was stripped away by the Government in Belgrade.

By agreeing in principle to a strong plan that would provide substantial self-government for the people of Kosovo, the negotiators on the Albanian side have shown courage and leadership. The agreement by the Serb side to substantial autonomy for Kosovo also represents an important, but incomplete, recognition that only by allowing the people in Kosovo control over their day-to-day lives can there be a lasting peace.

The Kosovar negotiators have asked for time to consult with their constituents before formally signing the peace plan. I believe that the Kosovar Albanian people will strongly support what their negotiators have done, because the agreement represents the opportunity for a better life after years of repression and fear. The Serbs should be prepared to return to the negotiations on March 15 with a commitment to sign the full agreement—including the indispensable provisions on the withdrawal of most Serb security forces from Kosovo and the deployment of a NATO-led peace implementation force.

In the meantime, it is imperative that all sides avoid provocations that would imperil this progress. NATO Secretary General Javier Solana retains the authority given to him by the NATO Council to act if necessary.

I want to thank Secretary Albright and all her negotiators for their tireless efforts that led to hopeful developments, and commend British Foreign Secretary Robin Cook and French Foreign Minister Hubert Vedrine, the cochairs of Rambouillet, for their leadership.










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=75242

The American Presidency Project

Calvin Coolidge

XXX President of the United States: 1923 - 1929

Address at Bennington, Vermont: "Vermont is a State I Love"

September 21, 1928

My Fellow Vermonters:

For two days we have been traveling through this state. We have been up the East side, across and down the West side. We have seen Brattleboro, Bellows Falls, Windsor, White River Junction and Bethel. We have looked toward Montpelier. We have visited Burlington and Middlebury. Returning we have seen Rutland.

I have had an opportunity of visiting again the scenes of my childhood. I want to express to you, and through the press to the other cities of Vermont, my sincere appreciation for the general hospitality bestowed upon me and my associates on the occasion of this journey.

It is gratifying to note the splendid recovery from the great catastrophe which overtook the state nearly a year ago. Transportation has been restored. The railroads are in a better condition than before. The highways are open to traffic for those who wish to travel by automobile.

Vermont is a state I love. I could not look upon the peaks of Ascutney, Killington, Mansfield, and Equinox, without being moved in a way that no other scene could move me. It was here that I first saw the light of day; here I received my bride, here my dead lie pillowed on the loving breast of our everlasting hills. I love Vermont because of her hills and valleys, her scenery and her invigorating climate. But most of all because of her people. They are a race of pioneers who have almost beggared themselves in the service of others. If the spirit of Liberty should vanish from other parts of our Union and the support of our institutions should languish, it could all be replenished from the generous store held by the people of the brave little state of Vermont.












http://www.chakoteya.net/movies/movie7.html

Star Trek Generations (1994)


PICARD: Captain, look! I need your help. I want you to leave the Nexus with me. ...We have to go back to a planet, Veridian Three. ...We have to stop a man called Soran from destroying a star. Millions of lives are at stake.

KIRK: You said history considers me dead. Who am I to argue with history?

PICARD: You are a Starfleet Officer. You have a duty...

KIRK: I don't need you to lecture me. I was out saving the galaxy when your grandfather was in diapers. Besides which, I think the galaxy owes me one.












http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=106410

The American Presidency Project

Dwight D. Eisenhower

XXXIV President of the United States: 1953-1961

Executive Order 10616 - Suspension of Certain Provisions of the Officer Personnel Act of 1947, as Amended, Which Relates to Officers of the Marine Corps of the Grade of Brigadier General

June 21, 1955

By virtue of the authority vested in me by section 426 (c) of the Officer Personnel Act of 1947, as amended by section 1 (h) of the act of June 30, 1951, 65 Stat. 109, it is ordered as follows:

1. The operation of those provisions of Title III of the Officer Personnel Act of 1947, as amended, which relate to the service-in-grade requirements of officers of the Marine Corps of the grade of brigadier general for eligibility for consideration by a selection board for temporary promotion to the grade of major general is hereby suspended until June 30 of the fiscal year following that in which the national emergency proclaimed by Proclamation No. 2914 of December 16, 1950, shall end.

2. This order shall become effective on July 1, 1955.

DWIGHT D. EISENHOWER

THE WHITE HOUSE,

June 21, 1955.































bluetreeny_2016June03.jpg



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 1:35 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Friday 03 June 2016