Saturday, January 22, 2011

Broadway




I have been trying to find the building I "remember" going to often in downtown Asheville NC but I cannot seem to find it. I see the map has buildings downtown labeled for the district court and for the US Marshals Service but I don't see that specific building near that location. I "remember" it was a midrise building and seemed to be one of the tallest or the tallest building downtown. I "remember the building was narrow and there was a point where you could stand in a hallway on one of the upper floors and see the mountains that surround downtown Asheville and you could see out the windows of opposite sides of the building while standing in that hallway. The closest building I can find is on a street named French Broad but I don't know. That building isn't as close to downtown as I am thinking is that other building.

That Marshals Service building is on French Broad Avenue though.










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/T/Timecop_1994.html

Timecop


I'm still kicking.|I must be on Broadway.










I cannot ever seem to recall the name of that company that was in that building that I would go to when they called me up there from my office in Greenville SC. I went there primarily, as I recall to replace cathode ray tubes in their mainframe computer terminals. One time I was changing a CRT in a terminal and I accidentally let the good CRT fall over and break. That time I was there to replace a functioning CRT with a different color CRT and after I took out the functioning monochrome CRT I accidentally let it fall over and break apart. I still had the replacement CRT so I was at least able to complete the assignment.

I think I found it. It doesn't seem to be a tall as I was thinking though. The location is consistent though. One one side of the building is College and the other is North Pack Square. There is some kind of monument across from the building which seems to form the Pack Square. That monument is vaguely familiar.

And Broadway. That narrow west side of the building is on Broadway street.