Saturday, January 15, 2011

The first meeting.




In the future, people will be grateful because they are alive because I gave them a chance to survive and they or their ancestors took my offered hand and thus survived after the off-world aliens arrive on the planet Earth. I have no control over nothing except to offer a chance to survive. The people who survive to escape this planet Earth after the invasion will live for the rest of the lives knowing precisely what happened to the humans that did not want to survive the invasion, which is in progress even on this very day.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helix

Helix

A helix (pl: helixes or helices) is a type of space curve, i.e. a smooth curve in three-dimensional space. It is characterized by the fact that the tangent line at any point makes a constant angle with a fixed line called the axis. Examples of helixes are coil springs and the handrails of spiral staircases. A "filled-in" helix – for example, a spiral ramp – is called a helicoid. Helices are important in biology, as the DNA molecule is formed as two intertwined helices, and many proteins have helical substructures, known as alpha helices. The word helix comes from the Greek word, "twisted, curved".










1996 film "Star Trek: First Contact" DVD video:


Starfleet Lieutenant Reginald Barclay III: Dr. Cochrane, I know this sounds silly, but can I shake your hand? Thank you, Doctor. I can't tell you what an honor it is to work with you on this project.

Starfleet Lieutenant Commander Geordi La Forge: Reg.

Starfleet Lieutenant Reginald Barclay III: I never imagined that I'd be meeting the man who invented warp drive. I -

Starfleet Lieutenant Commander Geordi La Forge: Reg!

Starfleet Lieutenant Reginald Barclay III: I'm sorry. Right. Thanks.

Dr. Zefram Cochrane: Do they have to keep doing that?

Starfleet Lieutenant Commander Geordi La Forge: It's just a little hero worship, Doc. To tell you the truth, I can't say I blame them. We all grew up hearing about what you did here. Or what you're about to do.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 11:40 AM Sunday, January 02, 2011


Stampede Pass





I must have been lying in bed for over four hours last night and could not fall asleep for that much time and longer because I started thinking during the night last night that Stampede Pass is where I materialized after the L-1011 Stargazer spiraled down from over forty thousand feet after breaking into pieces and then crashed with such force that it virtually vaporized on contact with that ground. I started thinking of how that scene with "Picard" and his wife announcing that dinner was ready could be a detail I created to represent the details I read about the source of the name for Stampede Pass, as well as how "Kirk" mentions that he smell something burning in the kitchen. I thought over many details last night as I hoped to fall asleep and I was thinking of how the dialog with the statue in the 1996 film "Star Trek: First Contact" is about how after I understood that my aircraft was unflyable because, for one reason, a wing had just broken off due to impact with debris from the Pegasus rocket that had just exploded in front of my windshield, I was turned around part ways in my seat as the pilot and I had my had outreached to shake the hand of Kerry Burgess and I spoke that flying with had been an honor but the aircraft was spinning too fast for us to shake hands. When I materialized at Stampede Pass I felt as though I had materialized about one inch or two above the ground and I found myself standing there in the woods on that dirt road with absolutely no idea where I was and I was standing there with my hand still reaching out to shake his hand.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 2 January 2011 excerpt ends]










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aircraft_dynamic_modes

Aircraft dynamic modes


Spiral dive

There are two types of possible lateral dynamic motion. The first is called the spiral mode. If a spirally unstable aircraft, through the action of a gust or other disturbance, gets a small initial roll angle to the right, for example, a gentle sideslip to the right is produced. The sideslip causes a yawing moment to the right. If the dihedral stability is low, and yaw damping is small, the directional stability keeps turning the aircraft while the continuing bank angle maintains the sideslip and the yaw angle. This spiral gets continuously steeper and tighter until finally, if the motion is not checked a steep, high-speed, spiral dive results.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 6:10 PM Thursday, December 30, 2010


Stargazer





Strange how I decided to watch one of these episodes for the first time in recent memory and how this was the episode I chose to watch today. What this reminds me of is that story about how I survived the crash of the L-1011 "Stargazer" on 27 June 1994 because I was propelled through the windshield as I was the pilot of the aircraft. The reality is the none of us actually survived the crash. The aircraft hit the ground at a tremendous speed after spiraling from forty feet above the ground and was virtually vaporized upon impact. I am the recipient of some kind of highly advanced technology that allows me to reemerge in physical form after my physical body is destroyed and I did reemerge that day but after about two days had elapsed in the real world and I was over a thousand miles from the crash point. There is some kind of force that controls that advanced technology that controlling force makes changes to the reemergence process and that was why I did not immediately reemerge. Until 1998, every time I reemerged after my physical body was destroyed, I always returned as the exact same person I was before, with knowledge in my mind up to the very second that my physical body was destroyed.

My return in 1998 was different though. I returned but I am a composite version of Tom Reagan and Kerry Burgess. I am not as tall as Tom Reagan and I am as tall as Kerry Burgess but I do not have the physical scars of Kerry Burgess, such as the gunshot wound scar he had on his shoulder.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 30 December 2010 excerpt ends]










http://www.royal.gov.uk/ImagesandBroadcasts/TheQueensChristmasBroadcasts/ChristmasBroadcasts/ChristmasBroadcast1986.aspx

The official website of The British Monarchy

Christmas Broadcast 1986

The Queen's Christmas Broadcast in 1986 featured unique footage filmed in a stable of the Royal Mews at Buckingham Palace. It stressed society's responsibility towards children.

Every year a Christmas party is held for the children of the people living in the Mews of Buckingham Palace. Everyone seems to enjoy it. Father Christmas arrives and there is the usual build up of excitement and expectation among the children to see what he has brought with him in his sack.

Even the horses in their stables are serenaded by the carol singers and seem to be aware that something quite special is happening - as they were on that happy day back in July when my son and daughter-in-law were married, and they drew the carriages through the cheerful crowds thronging the London streets.

For the children at our Christmas party, the meeting with Father Christmas, and a ride in his sleigh, are perhaps the most exciting part of the evening.

But I hope that a visit to the stables also helps to bring the traditional story alive for them. I hope it also helps them to realise how fortunate they are to have comfortable homes and warm beds to go to, unlike the Holy Family, who had to share with the animals because there was no room at the Inn.

Christmas is a festival for all Christians, but it is particularly a festival for children. As we all know, it commemorates the birth of a child, who was born to ordinary people, and who grew up very simply in his own small home town and was trained to be a carpenter.

His life thus began in humble surroundings, in fact in a stable, but he was to have a profound influence on the course of history, and on the lives of generations of his followers. You don't have to be rich or powerful in order to change things for the better and each of us in our own way can make a contribution.










http://www.orbital.com/NewsInfo/ImagesMultimedia/Images/SpaceLaunch/index.shtml

Orbital

Space Launch Vehicles

Pegasus

http://www.orbital.com/images/high/BigL1011ground.jpg

L1011 and Pegasus on runway