Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Buncombe Street and Duncan Street




http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/T/Timecop_1994.html

Timecop


Smart kid.|He read my mind.
With your English,|he doesn't have much choice.
Hey, I know all the good words.
You didn't answer my question.
- Are you gonna take this job?|- I think so.
Is this T.E.C. Thing dangerous?
I don't bake cookies for a living.
Will you have to travel?
Not the way you think.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English

English

English may refer to something of, from, or related to England, a constituent country of the United Kingdom, especially:

The English language

The English people


National varieties of the English language

American English, spoken and written in the United States


British English, spoken and written in the United Kingdom










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: July 13, 2006


She invited me one day to go to this nightclub close to where we lived, near the Greenville airport, not the GSP. We used to go over there a lot in the evenings after work. I can't remember the name of that place but I would recognize it if I saw it. AH...it was The Phoenix. She was first dating a guy that worked for a supermarket. Then she dated and then married Jim French. Jim used to hang out with us at the Phoenix with his then-girlfriend. I met Jim and his co-workers one time, at his place I think. They worked for some outfit that had something to do with airplanes. Never did really know what they did.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 13 July 2006]










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_District_Court_for_the_Western_District_of_North_Carolina

United States District Court for the Western District of North

The United States District Court for the Western District of North Carolina (in case citations, W.D.N.C.) is a Federal district court which covers the western third of North Carolina.

Appeals from the Western District of North Carolina are taken to the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit (except for patent claims and claims against the U.S. government under the Tucker Act, which are appealed to the Federal Circuit).

Jurisdiction

The court's jurisdiction comprises the following counties: Alexander, Anson, Avery, Buncombe, Burke, Caldwell, Catawba, Cherokee, Clay, Cleveland, Gaston, Graham, Haywood, Henderson, Iredell, Jackson, Lincoln, Macon, Madison, McDowell, Mecklenburg, Mitchell, Polk, Rutherford, Swain, Transylvania, Union, and Yancey. It has jurisdiction over the cities of Asheville, Charlotte, and Hickory.





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asheville,_North_Carolina

Asheville, North Carolina

Asheville is a city in and the county seat of Buncombe County, North Carolina, United States. It is the largest city in Western North Carolina, and it continues to grow. The U.S. Census Bureau estimates that Asheville's population in 2009 was 76,636.










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/T/Timecop_1994.html

Timecop


I'm still kicking.|I must be on Broadway.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 10/17/2006 10:16 PM
Could this be why I have the Lincoln On The Green “memory” from Memphis?:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lincoln_College%2C_Oxford

Lincoln College (in full: The College of the Blessed Mary and All Saints, Lincoln) is one of the constituent colleges of the University of Oxford in the United Kingdom. It is situated in the very centre of Oxford, lying on Turl Street next to Exeter and backing onto Brasenose.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 17 October 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 01/09/07 1:34 PM
yeah.....and that letter from


I wrote a while back about how that date was when the First Gulf War ended. What does that mean?


She was the assistant to the President of First Federal Savings and Loan.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 9 January 2007 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: July 24, 2006


That was at Lincoln On The Green in Germantown. I lived on Greenside Drive, overlooking the 9th hole and which intersected with Championship Drive and Troon Drive. Eagle Drive ran parallel with Greenside Drive. Nearby was the major thoroughfare, Winchester Road.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 24 July 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: August 17, 2006


Germantown is that name of the town I lived in outside Memphis. That would have been in 1992, probably the summer. I didn't live there for more than probably 3 months before I moved back to SC. That was where my apartment at Lincoln On The Green was located. I had a neat little apartment overlooking the 9th hole on that golf course.


I was writing a few weeks ago that I remember watching Star Trek: TNG for the first time in that apartment just after I moved in. There seems to be a conflict there in that memory though. I have been thinking that the first episode I saw was where that impostor showed up on the bridge after they lost all the memories. I thought I watched that episode in my house in Country Club Estates in SC.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 17 August 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 05/01/07 7:27 PM
My co-worker, Frank, from the office at First Federal came over to help me move all my stuff into the truck. I got the largest truck they had and it was well too large for all my stuff. At one point as I was driving down the interstate, a truck driver pulled up beside me, honked his horn, and pointed to the back of my truck. I didn't know what he was talking about and I didn't stop. Then the trucker behind him did the same thing as he passed, so I stopped on the interstate and went back to see what they were talking about. At some point earlier, the brakes had locked up on the full trailer that I was towing my 1990 red Mazda RX-7 on and there was a lot of smoke coming from it.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 1 May 2007 excerpt ends]










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buncombe_County,_North_Carolina

Buncombe County, North Carolina

Buncombe County is a county located in the U.S. state of North Carolina. It is part of the Asheville, North Carolina, Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population estimate for 2008 was 229,047. Its county seat is Asheville.


The county was formed in 1791 from parts of Burke County and Rutherford County. It was named for Edward Buncombe, a colonel in the American Revolutionary War, who was captured at the Battle of Germantown.


In 1820, a U.S. Congressman, whose district included Buncombe County, unintentionally contributed a word to the English language. In the Sixteenth Congress, after lengthy debate on the Missouri Compromise, members of the House called for an immediate vote on that important question. Instead, Felix Walker rose to address his colleagues, insisting that his constituents expected him to make a speech "for Buncombe." It was later remarked that Walker's untimely and irrelevant oration was not just for Buncombe—it "was Buncombe." Thus, buncombe, afterwards spelled bunkum and then shortened to bunk, became a term for empty, nonsensical talk.










1973 film "High Plains Drifter" DVD video:


Sarah Belding: Hello, Lewis.

Lewis Belding: I want you to go to that meeting with me, Sarah. It's very important.

Sarah Belding: No. Not now, not ever.

Lewis Belding: They are still your neighbors!

Sarah Belding: Yes, they're my neighbors, and they make me sick. Hiding behind words like faith, peace and trust.

Lewis Belding: Good words. Damn good words.

Sarah Belding: But we hid a murder behind them.

Lewis Belding: Will you never understand, woman? That wasn't anything we wanted to do. When Duncan found out the mine was on government property - it was just a technicality, really, but he was determined to turn us in. Wouldn't listen to reason.

Sarah Belding: Is that why? Is that really why it happened?