Thursday, January 20, 2011

Why would I want to be a robot without a robot family and why would I want to be a robot?




http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/D/Day_the_Earth_Stood_Still_The.html

Day the Earth Stood Still The


There must be security for all, or no one is secure.
This does not mean giving up any freedom, except the freedom to act irresponsibly.
Your ancestors knew this when they made laws to govern themselves,
and hired policemen to enforce them.
We of the other planets have long accepted this principle.
We have an organization for the mutual protection of all planets,
and for the complete elimination of aggression.
The test of any such higher authority is, of course, the police force that supports it.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Journal May 22, 2006


It is also the historical peak of the Atlantic hurricane season. It reminds me of The Tempest, as in born of a.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 22 May 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Saturday, April 1, 2006 9:32:54 PM

Subject: Sleep journal 4/1/06


I wish I had written down these dreams shortly after I awoke. I don't remember as much detail now. But I think that illustrates how I am sensing the difference between these foreign or manipulated dreams and what would be normal dreams. I think the foreign dreams stay with me longer. I remember more of their detail. I can visualize the details in those dreams longer than I can the dreams I think of as normal. I still don't know if they are reading information to me or if they are simply reciting words that I construct into something that makes sense to me. When I had a recent dream with my so-called imaginary girlfriend the other day, I can still almost hear her voice. I don't know if that means she was literally talking while I was asleep, or that I just have heard her talking enough to be able to assign her voice to any suggestion that the dream manipulator attributes to her.

This morning I dreamed I was traveling down a four-lane road towards Shelton. I was on a bicycle but I was effortlessly traveling at 75 mph. I thought to myself that I should be wearing a helmet.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 1 April 2006 excerpt ends]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Saturday, April 1, 2006 9:32:54 PM

Subject: Sleep journal 4/1/06


I vaguely remember some people or a person being around there but I can't remember any details.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 1 April 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117731/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

Star Trek: First Contact (1996)


The Borg Queen: What's wrong, Locutus? Isn't this familiar? Organic minds are such fragile things. How could you forget me so quickly? We were very close, you and I.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 14:24:34 -0700 (PDT)

From: "Kerry Burgess"

Subject: Re: Sleep journal 4/6/06

To: "Kerry Burgess"


Kerry Burgess wrote:

Details about my recent sleep are very fuzzy today. Can't remember for sure when I woke up. 3 am maybe. Or maybe shortly after midnight, can't really remember as I usually can. Remember dreaming something about driving my Jeep. Then I returned to it where it was parked in a parking lot after I was traveling through some passageways, hallways in a transit facility maybe. The only part I remember clearly is where a woman, I assume was my imaginary girlfriend asked me out for drinks or something. I told her we needed to keep it really casual though because all I had to wear was sweatpants. Kind of the downside to dating a homeless person I reflect now as I write this. She told me she would wear something with holes in it. I hope that was her in my dream, although the woman in the dream seemed to be someone unfamilar though. But I have noticed that happening with other people I know. They are represented, somehow, by a different person, but I think of them as someone specific. I feel like that is part of the manipulation. I have noticed something similar in real dreams, but I don't think it is the same here. I think they are disquising themselves in my dream for some reason.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 6 April 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: ----- Original Message ----
From: Kerry Burgess
To: Kerry Burgess
Sent: Saturday, May 20, 2006 1:38:07 PM
Subject: Re: Journal May 20, 2006


Something is there, something. It is like a shadow. Or something you glimpse in the corner of your eye. It is familar unfamilarity that appears then disappears.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 20 May 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/pinkfloyd/highhopes.html

PINK FLOYD LYRICS

"High Hopes"

Beyond the horizon of the place we lived when we were young
In a world of magnets and miracles
Our thoughts strayed constantly and without boundary
The ringing of the division bell had begun

Along the Long Road and on down the Causeway
Do they still meet there by the Cut

There was a ragged band that followed in our footsteps
Running before time took our dreams away
Leaving the myriad small creatures trying to tie us to the ground
To a life consumed by slow decay

The grass was greener
The light was brighter
With friends surrounded
The nights of wonder

Looking beyond the embers of bridges glowing behind us
To a glimpse of how green it was on the other side
Steps taken forwards but sleepwalking back again
Dragged by the force of some inner tide

At a higher altitude with flag unfurled
We reached the dizzy heights of that dreamed of world

Encumbered forever by desire and ambition
There's a hunger still unsatisfied
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon
Though down this road we've been so many times

The grass was greener
The light was brighter
The taste was sweeter
The nights of wonder
With friends surrounded
The dawn mist glowing
The water flowing
The endless river

Forever and ever










1996 film "Star Trek: First Contact" DVD video:


Starfleet Lieutenant Commander Geordi La Forge: You still looking for the bathroom?

Dr. Zefram Cochrane: I'm not going back.

Starfleet Lieutenant Commander Geordi La Forge: Look, Doc, we can't do this without you.

Dr. Zefram Cochrane: I don't care. I don't want to be a statue.










2006 film "The Queen" DVD video:


Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II: Think I'm going to walk back. I don't feel like stalking.

HRH Prince Charles: Are you sure?

Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II: I'll take the dogs. Walkies? Yes! Who knows the way home?










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0043456/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)


Klaatu: I'm worried about Gort. I'm afraid of what he might do if anything should happen to me.

Helen: Gort? But he's a robot. Without you, what could he do?

Klaatu: There's no limit to what he could do. He could destroy the Earth.



http://www.cswap.com/1951/The_Day_the_Earth_Stood_Still/cap/en/25fps/a/01_10

The Day the Earth Stood Still


1:11:09
I'm afraid of what he might do
if anything should happen to me.

1:11:13
Gort? But he's a robot.
Without you, what could he do?

1:11:17
There's no limit to what he could do.

1:11:19
He could destroy the Earth.

1:11:24
If anything should happen to me,
you must go to Gort.

1:11:27
You must say these words:

1:11:29
Klaatu barada nikto.

1:11:32
Please repeat that.

1:11:35
Klaatu...

1:11:38
barada nikto.

1:11:40
You must remember those words.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083929/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982)


Stacy Hamilton: I want a relationship. I want romance.

Linda Barrett: In Ridgemont? We can't even get cable TV here, Stacy, and you want romance.










http://www.cswap.com/1951/The_Day_the_Earth_Stood_Still/cap/en/25fps/a/01_12

The Day the Earth Stood Still


1:13:25
Get that message to Gort... right away.