Sunday, January 23, 2011

Family




JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Home

I've written several times of this experience in terms of that Star Trek:TNG episode where Capt. Picard is assimilated by the Borg. While I do not consider myself a "Trekkie", I like the Star Trek series because I am a fan in general of science fiction, and because I like any good story that captures my imagination. There was a follow-on episode to those episodes of where Picard is captured and it was titled "Family." While I typically like the episodes with more action, I always get a kick out this episode because Picard's brother reminded me so much of my sister, in terms of obvious sibling rivalry. I also found myself envying Picard's character for being able to go back to a home like that, where he has roots.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 14 September 2005 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: August 8, 2006


Michelle Wie is wearing a glove on her left hand too.

I'm wondering about the kids I must have that are not so talented. I won't know anything about them until I actually remember my real identity.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 8 August 2006 excerpt ends]










2007 film "I Am Legend" DVD video:


US Army Lieutenant Colonel Robert Neville: Keep your eye on this one for me. I'm getting good.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0708713

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Star Trek: The Next Generation (TV series 1987–1994)

Family (#4.2)


Patrick Stewart ... Captain Jean-Luc Picard


Release Date: 29 September 1990 (USA)



http://www.tv.com/star-trek-the-next-generation/family/episode/19062/trivia.html

tv.com

Star Trek: The Next Generation

Season 4, Episode 2

Family


Quotes


Picard: You don't know, Robert. You don't know. They took everything I was. They used me to kill and to destroy. And I couldn't stop them. I should've been able to stop them. I tried. I tried so hard. But I just wasn't strong enough. Not good enough. I should've been able to stop them. I should've been able to...

Robert: So, my brother is a human being after all. This is going to be with you a long time, Jean-Luc. A long time. And you have to learn to live with that.