Sunday, January 16, 2011

Road and bridge 2340




I saw a Pegasus rocket being deployed in my dream last night. I have forgotten many of the other details now. I was looking up at the sky and the color of blue to the sky suggested that the time of day was either just before sunrise or just after sunset. I clearly saw a contrail quickly traversing the sky and then it seemed to hook up and that formed what seemed to be a ninety degree bend to the white contrail and I was speaking to other people near me that the contrail must be a Pegasus rocket being deployed and that bend in the contrail was the result of the rocket traveling up into the atmosphere above us and higher up relative to its previous course of which the first contrail that was much longer was probably from the L-1011 "Stargazer" aircraft that was carrying the rocket before it deployed. I could clearly see that the contrail ended shortly after the hook but I could still see a bright dot, with the brightness of a star at night, traveling across that darkening sky and I can still visualize that clearly in my mind after being awake for a long time today. I have been trying to remember what was going on around me as I was there on the ground and after being awake a few hours I started to think that maybe I was "Gulliver" and the people I talked to, which made me think of "Data" talking to the "Borg" in the 1996 film "Star Trek: First Contact," were standing near me as they had me restrained by cables or wires or something as I was lying on my back and looking up at the sky. I do remember one of the people or beings or whatever they were responded to my comments about the Pegasus rocket with something similar to "Yeah, you wish." I never was really certain what that meant and I think that was about the time I woke up and got out of bed although there seemed to be some more dialog by me about the payload of that Pegasus rocket. I never really did figure just what all was going on around at that time although the scene of me seeing the contrails in the sky above me is still crystal clear in my mind.










From 3/3/1959 ( my birth date US ) To 7/29/1965 ( premiere US film "Ship of Fools" ) is 2340 days










http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/pinkfloyd/agreatdayforfreedom.html

PINK FLOYD LYRICS

"A Great Day For Freedom"


On the day the wall came down
They threw the locks onto the ground
And with glasses high we raised a cry for freedom had arrived
On the day the wall came down
The Ship of Fools had finally ran aground
Promises lit up the night like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side
No warmth, not even pride remained
And even though you needed me
It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day
As friends and neighbors turn away
And there's a change that, even with regret, cannot be undone
Now frontiers shift like desert sands
While nations wash their bloodied hands
Of loyalty, of history, in shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums
The music played, the morning sun streamed in
I turned and I looked at you
And all but the bitter residues slipped away...slipped away










http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/pinkfloyd/highhopes.html

PINK FLOYD LYRICS

"High Hopes"

Beyond the horizon of the place we lived when we were young
In a world of magnets and miracles
Our thoughts strayed constantly and without boundary
The ringing of the division bell had begun

Along the Long Road and on down the Causeway
Do they still meet there by the Cut

There was a ragged band that followed in our footsteps
Running before time took our dreams away
Leaving the myriad small creatures trying to tie us to the ground
To a life consumed by slow decay

The grass was greener
The light was brighter
With friends surrounded
The nights of wonder

Looking beyond the embers of bridges glowing behind us
To a glimpse of how green it was on the other side
Steps taken forwards but sleepwalking back again
Dragged by the force of some inner tide

At a higher altitude with flag unfurled
We reached the dizzy heights of that dreamed of world

Encumbered forever by desire and ambition
There's a hunger still unsatisfied
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon
Though down this road we've been so many times

The grass was greener
The light was brighter
The taste was sweeter
The nights of wonder
With friends surrounded
The dawn mist glowing
The water flowing
The endless river

Forever and ever










1996 film "Star Trek: First Contact" DVD video:


Starfleet Lieutenant Commander Geordi La Forge: You still looking for the bathroom?

Dr. Zefram Cochrane: I'm not going back.

Starfleet Lieutenant Commander Geordi La Forge: Look, Doc, we can't do this without you.