Monday, March 26, 2012

The Terminator (1984)




I have had the DVD's for the racketeering productions the 1984 film "The Terminator" and the 1991 film "Terminator 2: Judgment Day" but I have not watched either until here, in our present, tonight.

Right now I am watching for the first time the DVD for the racketeering production the 1984 film "The Terminator." I might watch here, in our present, tonight, the DVD for the sequel but I'm not certain yet. I have watched the first one countless times. The way I remember it I saw it many times was I was assigned to the USS Taylor FFG 50 and when we were out to sea.

So the reason I have paused the DVD for the 1984 film "The Terminator" is because I thought again of how that dialog by the street punks who are looking through the telescope is similar to what I was hearing from a homeless guy when I was in that Pioneer Square homeless shelter in downtown Seattle. Oh, sure, you say, that place was full of crazy people. I mean, one day two of them got kicked out, much to my surprise to learn, for smoking crack cocaine in the cubicle next to mine where I slept at night.

Only now watching the opening scenes does that seem specific to me, and because the dialog was directed towards me, and the old guy who said it was someone I would see sometimes picking up garbage on the sidewalks in downtown Seattle, as though that was his job.

So then there is the dialog with the street punks and they are saying the same thing to the "Terminator" and then one of them stabs the "Terminator" with a knife and then the "Terminator" seems to use his fist to tear out the heart of the guy who stabbed him with the knife.

I have seen that film countless times but I completely forgot about that detail with the knife. I was also not consciously aware of the guy driving the garbage truck.

I think about that again here, in our present, tonight, because I was in that Pioneer Square gulag starting about four months or so after they discharged me from the military veterans hospital where they took all kinds of x-rays of me from my head all the way down to my waist.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088247/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

The Terminator (1984)


[the Terminator arrives naked and encounters some punks]

Punk Leader: Nice night for a walk, eh?

The Terminator: Nice night for a walk.

Punk: Wash day tomorrow? Nothing clean, right?

The Terminator: Nothing clean. Right.

Punk Leader: Hey, I think this guy's a couple cans short of a six-pack.










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/T/Terminator_1_Special_Edition.html


Terminator [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]


LOS ANGELES 2029 A.D.
THE MACHINES ROSE FROM THE ASHES OF THE NUCLEAR FIRE.
THEIR WAR TO EXTERMINATE MANKIND HAS RAGED FOR DECADES,
BUT THE FINAL BATTLE WOULD NOT BE FOUGHT IN THE FUTURE.
IT WOULD BE FOUGHT HERE, IN OUR PRESENT.
TONIGHT...
LOS ANGELES 1984 1 :52a.m.
What the hell...? Goddamn son-of-a-bitch...
What the hell...?
Hey, my turn.
Hey, what's wrong with this picture?
Nice night for a walk?
Nice night for a walk.
Wash day tomorrow. Nothing clean, right?
Nothing clean. Right.
I think this guy's a couple of cans short of a six-pack.
your clothes, give them to me.
- Now. - Fuck you, asshole.
Hey, buddy, did you just see a real bright light?
- See that guy? - Hold it right there.
- He's rabbiting. - Hey! I said hold it! Go.
That son-of-a-bitch took my pants.
- What day is it? The date. - 1 2th May.
- Thursday. - What year?
He's got my gun. Let's go.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088247/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

The Terminator (1984)


Detective Vukovich: I hate these press cases, especially the weird press cases. Where you going?

Lieutenant Traxler: To make a statement. Maybe make these jackals work for us. If I can get on the tube by 11:00, maybe she'll call us. Well, how do I look?

Detective Vukovich: Like shit, boss.

Lieutenant Traxler: Yo momma.