Saturday, May 16, 2015

Self-Defense




http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/04/25/1085393/-Dan-Rather-got-it-right-George-W-Bush-DID-go-AWOL#

DAILY KOS


WED APR 25, 2012 AT 01:33 PM PDT


That George W. got special treatment at a time when draftees were likely to end up slogging through the jungles of Viet Nam shouldn't come as too much of a surprise to anyone who knows how America routinely gives special treatment to the offspring of the 1%.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 21:43:45 -0800 (PST)

From: "Kerry Burgess"

Subject: Issaquah

To: "Kerry Burgess"

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2001966828_whycostco28.html

Monday, June 28, 2004

[...]the former president arrives here Wednesday to autograph copies of his book, his first scheduled stop will be the discount retail warehouse Costco in Issaquah.

[When I just read something Bill Clinton read about not wanting to "pile on" to Cheney's shooting incident, I remembered this. The day I went back to Microsoft to ask for my job back, he was at this Costco, which I could see from the window at my cube. I thought that was quite the coincidence, and I hoped it was a good sign, albeit something extraordinary that defied my logic. I remember now too that it was on the other side of the street from that Costco where I went face first into the concrete after my bike slipped on a slick bridge. I had a black eye for a week. I still remember the date for some reason: Feb 1, 2002. I think I remembered it because I had another accident on Dec. 23, 2001, when I was biking around Lake Washington. At the 30 mile point of that 60 mile trip, I hit a patch of ice and went down hard and fast. One minute I was riding along, the next minute I was looking at my feet as I went sliding across the road. Damn that hurt. I dislocated my shoulder because my elbow hit first or right about the same time as my knee. I could barely raise my arm if at all for weeks after that. It was pretty uncomfortable riding the remaining 30 miles back home. And the whole way there and for a time afterwards, I could almost hear something, it was unusal, the way you can feel like there is something on your tongue as that saying goes, but with this, I could almost hear a "thud" sound for a while after, the sound of me hitting the ground.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 19 February 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=39910

The American Presidency Project

Ronald Reagan

XL President of the United States: 1981 - 1989

Remarks at the Midyear Meeting of the National Association of Realtors

May 10, 1984


and if I've told this story to you before










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=46366

The American Presidency Project

William J. Clinton

XLII President of the United States: 1993 - 2001

Inaugural Address

January 20, 1993


But when most people are working harder for less; when others cannot work at all; when the cost of health care devastates families and threatens to bankrupt our enterprises, great and small; when the fear of crime robs law-abiding citizens of their freedom; and when millions of poor children cannot even imagine the lives we are calling them to lead, we have not made change our friend.





http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=46466

The American Presidency Project

William J. Clinton

XLII President of the United States: 1993 - 2001

Teleconference Remarks on Family and Medical Leave Legislation

January 29, 1993


Thank you so much for being with us today, and have a wonderful time. And keep those kids making that good noise.










http://www.tv.com/shows/battlestar-galactica/battlestar-galacticathe-mini-series-1603714/

tv.com


Battlestar Galactica Episode 1

Battlestar Galactica:The Mini-Series

AIRED: 12/8/03



http://www.oocities.org/elzj78/bsgminiseries.html


BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: Miniseries (2003)


Adama: Accidents happen, in the service.

Apollo: Dad, listen, I-

Adama: You know, all the things you talked to me about the last time we were together-

Apollo: I really don't want to do this.

Adama: -at the funeral, they still ring in my ears after two years.

Apollo: Good! Good. Cause you know what? They were meant to.

Adama: Zack had a choice. You both did.

Apollo: "A man isn't a man until he wears the wings of a Viper pilot." Doesn't that sound at all familiar to you?

Adama: That's not fair, son.

Apollo: No, it's not fair. Because one of us wasn't cut out to wear the uniform.

Adama: He earned his wings, just like we all do.

Apollo: One of us wasn't cut out to be a pilot, one of us wouldn't have even made it into flight school if his old man, his daddy, hadn't have pulled some strings.

Adama: That's an exaggeration. I did nothing for him that I wouldn't have done for anyone else.

Apollo: You're not even listening to me. Why can't you get this through your head? Zack did not belong in that plane. He shouldn't have been there. He was only doing it for you. Face it, you killed him.










From 9/27/1984 ( from my official United States Navy documents: "UA from class from 0600-0800" ) To 8/7/1985 is 314 days

314 = 157 + 157

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 4/8/1966 ( premiere US TV series "Court Martial" ) is 157 days



[ See also: http://hvom.blogspot.com/2015/02/real-genius-1985.html ]


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089886/releaseinfo

IMDb


Real Genius (1985)

Release Info

USA 7 August 1985










http://www.tv.com/shows/court-martial/silence-is-the-enemy-197643/

tv.com


Court-Martial Season 1 Episode 1

Silence is the Enemy

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Apr 08, 1966 on ABC

AIRED: 4/8/66










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=38654

The American Presidency Project

Ronald Reagan

XL President of the United States: 1981 - 1989

Radio Address to the Nation on Armed Forces Day and Defense Spending

May 18, 1985

My fellow Americans:

Not too long ago one of our Ambassadors visited an American armored cavalry regiment stationed on the NATO line in Germany. As he returned to his helicopter, he was followed by a young 19-year-old trooper. The trooper asked him if he could get a message to the President. Well, the Ambassador said that sometimes getting messages to the President was part of his job. And the young trooper then said, "Will you tell him we're proud to be here, and we ain't scared of nothin."










http://www.oocities.org/elzj78/bsgminiseries.html


BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: Miniseries (2003)


Adama: You know, when we fought the Cylons, we did it to save ourselves from extinction. But we never answered the question: why? Why are we as a people worth saving?










http://www.chron.com/CDA/archives/archive.mpl?id=1988_564466

HOUSTON CHRONICLE ARCHIVES

Paper: HOUSTON CHRONICLE

Date: FRI 08/19/1988

Debate renewed over military choices

By R.G. RATCLIFFE

Staff

NEW ORLEANS - Questions about the military service of Indiana Sen. Dan Quayle renewed memories Thursday of the agonizing choices young men made during the Vietnam era.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 10:01 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Saturday 16 May 2015