Friday, October 25, 2019

Ironman Utah 758


Actually, I am just too tired and weary to think straight. 754 is correct, just different Ironman triathlon. I don't have any photos of me from Ironman Coeur d'Alene 2003 when I was 754. Ironman Utah was 2002 and I was 758.

My confusion made me look closer at this though, perhaps wouldn't have otherwise.

As with everything else, the results just cause more unanswered questions.

I'm sure the Never Forgetter's are gasping out loud and waving their flags now to bring more attention to their narcissistic self and to something that gives meaning to their pathetic and meaningless lives.










utah 1485-243-005f.jpg, Kerry Wayne Burgess, competitor number 758, Provo, Utah, 06/08/2002



utah 1485-177-007f.jpg, Kerry Wayne Burgess, competitor number 758, Provo, Utah, 06/08/2002








From 8/15/1999 to 9/11/2001 is 758 days








http://ironman.com/assets/files/results/lakeplacid/1999.htm

Results

ISUZU IRONMAN USA LAKE PLACID TRIATHLON

Sunday August 15th, 1999

Lake Placid, New York, 7:00am





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ironman_Triathlon

Ironman Triathlon

An Ironman Triathlon is one of a series of long-distance triathlon races organised by the World Triathlon Corporation (WTC) consisting of a 2.4 miles (3.86 km) swim, a 112 miles (180.25 km) bike and a marathon (26 miles 385 yards, 42.195 km) run, raced in that order and without a break.

The Ironman Triathlon, or The Ironman Triathlon World Championships, or Ironman Hawaii, is both the original Ironman triathlon and the annual world championships of the event, held annually in Hawai'i since 1978, with an additional race in 1982. It was made famous by its grueling length, harsh race conditions, and television coverage.

By 2007 there were 21 Ironman Triathlon qualifying races throughout the world:

US Ironmans

Ironman Arizona in Tempe, Arizona; added in 2005
Ironman Coeur d'Alene in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, USA; added in 2003
Ironman Florida in Panama City Beach, Florida; added in 1999
Ironman Louisville in Louisville, Kentucky; added in 2007
Ironman St. George in St. George, Utah; added in 2010
Ironman USA in Lake Placid, New York; added in 1999
Ironman Wisconsin in Madison, Wisconsin; added in 2002








http://www.adventuresofgreg.com/Log/06-08.html

Adventures of Greg

June 8, 2002 Ironman Utah!

It was insane.

How many times in your life have you actually feared for your life?

On Saturday morning, shortly after the cannon blew at 6:55 AM, I was not so subtly reminded of a dream that I had about six months ago. Someone on a sea-doo was pulling me from a lake. I had drowned. That dream has haunted me ever since.

On Ironman morning as I battled 6-foot swells in Utah Lake, swallowing lung sized gulps of dark brown Utah Lake water, I feared that perhaps that dream just might become reality.

Unfortunately it WAS reality for fellow Ironman swimmer John Boland from Redondo Beach, California who lost his life in Utah Lake that day. The only swimming fatality in the history of Ironman happened in that Lake that day probably no more than a stone's throw away from me.

It was a horror story I shared with about 1400 other swimmers that morning, and if you think I'm exaggerating, find another Ironman competitor or spectator and ask them what happened that morning. Amazingly I have spoken with dozens of fellow survivors since then and we all share almost the exact same story.

[ excerpt ends Adventures of Greg blog ]








From 9/11/2001 to 2/6/2004 ( as Kerry Burgess my final day full-time employment Microsoft Corporation in Seattle beginning 12/07/1998 ) is 878 days









kerry burgess ironman coeur dalene idaho 6-27-2004 .jpg



- posted by Kerry Burgess 9:37 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Friday 10/25/2019