Monday, October 21, 2019

Meanwhile, on the local tv news...


Something was compelling me to not record any details about the sleeping dream I had just before waking up today. But now that compulsion seems unimportant. I guess because of what I just saw on the local tv news.

There is a type of recurring sleeping dream that I have that I've mentioned before but is a type more difficult for me to describe.

There is a recurring element to it but that recurring element is much more abstract than the other types of recurring sleeping dreams I have, the most prominent being about corridors, hallways, passageways, elevators that won't stop on the correct floor.

This sleeping dream today is difficult for me to describe. But the recurring element is always about something that happens just before I wake up. Yesterday, it was about a battery that died. I forget the specific details now. A battery in an electronic device ran out of energy and then that was the moment I awoke.

I vaguely recall once it was a lightbulb. A lightbulb turned off and then suddenly I awoke. Another time, in my sleeping mind, I seemed to hear a woman saying "Shh, he's waking up" and then suddenly I was awake.

Today, I saw, through the perspective of my own eyes, I saw Dana Marie McNicholl. Local viewers in Spokane knew her as a cheerful reporter for television Channel 2 KREM CBS News Spokane, then Miss Washington State, now back at Channel 2 KREM.

Just before the moment I awoke, she leaned in and kissed me. Then I awoke and dragged my old, crippled-by-this-stupid-desk body out of bed to sit back down for another crippling day at this stupid desk.

Today on the news, she was in a segment I was half-paying attention to as I slave away at one of several reports I'm working on for this blog of mine, this blog that is 100% my own personal initiative and that I could quit at any time and suffer no negative consequences for abandoning it. Her segment seems to have been something about Halloween, the video went through the sequence of a make-up artist turning her pretty face in Pennywise the Clown, from Stephen King's It.

I started thinking the reason I never wanted to marry was because I never met a woman who was beautiful without cosmetics plastered on her face. I don't trust a woman who has to hide behind a mask. Well, I just don't trust anyone.

Lately I've begun to realize that in my sleeping dreams, I am happy.



- posted by Kerry Burgess 4:41 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Monday 10/21/2019