Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Excursion 10/23/2019, part 1



So today begins my latest excursion.

The work started quickly.

Today thoughts formed in my mind that caused me to slightly change my process.

Today I decided to make my start of my excursion from a different point outside my apartment.

Typically, I haul my hybrid-bicycle down three flights of stairs and then coast to the main street and then stop there. I stop there to activate certain devices on my bicycle. One device is for tracking my route with GPS and that same device also records my heart-rate from the device strapped across my chest under my shirt. I'm stopped there and I activate my safety lights. I capture a few digital images to record the moment.

Today, I started at a spot about 300 feet away. That's when I made my first observation.

The point of my excursions is to go out and look around and see what I see.

I record details that seem interesting to me and then I travel back here to my apartment to this desk and then I check the code pattern and I look for any matches that seem compelling to me.

I often find compelling matches.

*You* would never find compelling matches because you're a dim-wit dullard. You have only wishful thinking.

*I* don't care. All I have is 3/1/2004 and I have 878 and I have a detached curiosity that wants to explain how that happened to me.

Typically, I do not check the code pattern before leaving for the day's excursion.

And that is how it was today.

I looked around at stuff I noticed during my journey and I filed it away in my mind to check on when I get home.

Today my first observation was when I rolled up to the point where I activated my devices before I started cranking my bicycle the 23 miles one-way to lakeside downtown Coeur d'Alene and those glorious 878 days when I finished successfully as a competitor in the Ironman triathlon. 3/1/2004 and its continued bafflement to my conscious mind every day. There *must* be answers there somewhere. I can't afford a car so the only way I can now get out there is the occasional bicycle excursion. And today might have been the last time, if ever again, until next spring when the snow finally melts.

Today, my front wheel had almost run over the small, silver wire before I noticed it, right at the point I had intended to stop and activate my devices on my bicycle.

My first thought seeing that wire: Ringworld.

What *inspires* me, having read for the first time by me in only recent months from now, about that book, other than the eponymous architectural creation, was the Slaver stasis boxes.

In Ringworld, the Slaver stasis field technology had been incorporated into spaceships and that feature was memorable to me and the wire in front of my bicycle today reminded me of scenes in the book.

So that's the first detail I checked when I got back home in the chilly, sunset twilight hours today.

I actually feel something similar to disappointment about the results.

I had hoped for something that was more compelling.

What I found is interesting, and I can make it work.

But yet, something annoys me about it.

I'm not looking hard enough. Or simply there is really nothing there.

There's still a lot more work for me to do on it. I filed away several ideas while out there today and there is still a lot more work that has to be done before a complete report can be published here by me.

Of the content in this note, which right now, unless I change my mind, is the first of several blog posts leading up to my final post on this topic, much of the content here is not referenced in the code pattern, where the code pattern is not being published by me until I've looked at all details, rather much of the content here is what the results of my code pattern search made me think of.

So far, there are only two items in the code pattern that are directly referenced here. One is 10/6/2008. That topic I worked on half-assedly a long time ago during this endless string of weary days at my stupid, crippling-my-physical-body desk and because of my observation today, I am putting more effort into deciphering it.

The second item is 11/3/2015 and that's an item that I worked on recently and published here my observations.

Those two items are unconnected in the code pattern for the calendar day 10/23/2019.

One thing leads to another. I found 11/3/2015 only because of what the results for Ringworld caused me to think. Otherwise that's a detail that would have been non-obvious to my mind. I wouldn't have thought to check for it if I had been completely satisfied, which I wasn't, with the results for 11/18/1976, the only calendar day I have for Larry Niven's Ringworld novel.

Also, I haven't been checking for code patterns every time I go out for a bicycle ride. I've documented also that bicycle rides are not the only time I am finding compelling associations with the code pattern.

If today's results are compelling then perhaps what makes it even more compelling is how *purely* random it is.

This sort of observation is the *only* sort where I know for *fact* is not conspiracy.

No person told me to change today my established routine.

Pedaling back churning around in my mind was an unimaginable scenario where on one fateful day in the not-so-distant future across this country, a hundred thousand individuals at the same time make the wrong decision leading to an unimaginable cascade chain of events with disastrous results that may never be fully understood.









DSCN8435.jpg, Kerry Burgess 10/23/2019 Coeur d'Alene



DSCN8436.jpg, Kerry Burgess 10/23/2019 Coeur d'Alene



DSCN8437.jpg, Kerry Burgess 10/23/2019 Coeur d'Alene








From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Wednesday, March 1, 2006 8:19 PM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: sunshine

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=sunshine

sunshine

Radiant cheerfulness

"The sunshine disappeared for a moment, but I think it was from a cloud that had dropped her off beside me. The side of her face sang that song as her flowing hair danced fearlessly across the old barbed-wire squeezing my heart. Again I asked the grumpy pavement to give me an arrow, a directional, anything, that shows me the way home."

[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 01 March 2006 excerpt ends]









G0012450.jpg, Kerry Burgess 10/23/2019 Coeur d'Alene



G0012451.jpg, Kerry Burgess 10/23/2019 Coeur d'Alene








album: "Appetite For Destruction" (1987)

https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/gunsnroses/sweetchildomine.html

AZ

Guns N' Roses

"Sweet Child O' Mine"

She's got a smile that it seems to me
Reminds me of childhood memories
Where everything
Was as fresh as the bright blue sky

Now and then when I see her face
It takes me away to that special place
And if I stared too long
I'd probably break down and cry

Sweet child o' mine
Sweet love of mine

She's got eyes of the bluest skies
As if they thought of rain
I'd hate to look into those eyes
And see an ounce of pain

Her hair reminds me of a warm safe place
Where as a child I'd hide
And pray for the thunder and the rain
To quietly pass me by

Sweet child o' mine
Sweet love of mine

Sweet child o' mine
Sweet love of mine

Sweet child o' mine
Sweet love of mine

Where do we go?
Where do we go now?
Where do we go?

Where do we go?
Where do we go?
Where do we go now?

Where do we go?
Sweet child o' mine
Where do we go now?

Where do we go?
Where do we go?
Where do we go now?

Where do we go?
Where do we go now?
Where do we go?
Where do we go now?

Where do we go?
Where do we go now, now, now, now, now, now, now now?

Sweet child, sweet child o' mine









4336__orig.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prisoner_of_War_Medal








https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087363/quotes

IMDb

Gremlins (1984)

Quotes

Kate Beringer: Now I have another reason to hate Christmas.

Billy Peltzer: What are you talking about?

Kate Beringer: The worst thing that ever happened to me was on Christmas. Oh, God. It was so horrible. It was Christmas Eve. I was 9 years old. Me and Mom were decorating the tree, waiting for Dad to come home from work. A couple hours went by. Dad wasn't home. So Mom called the office. No answer. Christmas Day came and went, and still nothing. So the police began a search. Four or five days went by. Neither one of us could eat or sleep. Everything was falling apart. It was snowing outside. The house was freezing, so I went to try to light up the fire. That's when I noticed the smell. The firemen came and broke through the chimney top. And me and Mom were expecting them to pull out a dead cat or a bird. And instead they pulled out my father. He was dressed in a Santa Claus suit. He'd been climbing down the chimney... his arms loaded with presents. He was gonna surprise us. He slipped and broke his neck. He died instantly. And that's how I found out there was no Santa Claus.








From 6/23/1956 ( premiere US TV series episode "Gunsmoke"::"How to Die for Nothing" ) To 10/6/2008 ( ) is 19098 days

19098 = 9549 + 9549

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 12/25/1991 ( in non-aviator related duties boots on the ground as United States Marine Corps chief warrant officer Kerry Wayne Burgess I was prisoner of war in Croatia ) is 9549 days



From 3/2/1990 ( as Kerry Burgess my the official United States Navy documents includes: departing overseas from USS Wainwright CG 28 anchored in Monaco I returned to the continental United States and to Charleston South Carolina Naval Base for processing and honorable discharge from active duty United States Navy ) To 10/6/2008 ( ) is 6793 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 6/8/1984 ( premiere US film "Gremlins" ) is 6793 days



From 2/11/1969 ( Jennifer Aniston ) To 10/6/2008 ( ) is 14482 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 6/27/2005 ( in Seattle the Patty Murray press conference at the Puget Sound Veterans Affairs Health Care System hospital at the same moment as Kerry Burgess I was discharged from the United States of America Puget Sound Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric unit in Seattle ) is 14482 days



From 5/8/1958 ( premiere US film "Dracula" ) To 10/6/2008 ( ) is 18414 days

18414 = 9207 + 9207

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 1/17/1991 ( the date of record of my United States Navy Medal of Honor as Kerry Wayne Burgess chief warrant officer United States Marine Corps circa 1991 officially the United States Apache attack helicopter pilot ) is 9207 days



From 7/3/1950 ( premiere US TV series "Visit with the Armed Forces" ) To 10/6/2008 ( ) is 21280 days

21280 = 10640 + 10640

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 12/20/1994 ( in non-aviator related duties boots on the ground in Bosnia as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps captain this day is my United States Navy Cross medal date of record ) is 10640 days



From 6/12/1981 ( Ronald Reagan - Remarks on Signing a Resolution and a Proclamation Declaring National P.O.W.-M.I.A. Recognition Day, 1981 ) To 10/6/2008 ( ) is 9978 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 2/26/1993 ( premiere US film "Falling Down" ) is 9978 days



From 6/12/1981 ( premiere US film "Raiders of the Lost Ark" ) To 10/6/2008 ( ) is 9978 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 2/26/1993 ( premiere US film "Falling Down" ) is 9978 days



From 7/9/1938 ( ) To 6/12/1981 ( Ronald Reagan - Remarks on Signing a Resolution and a Proclamation Declaring National P.O.W.-M.I.A. Recognition Day, 1981 ) is 15679 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 10/6/2008 ( ) is 15679 days



From 7/9/1938 ( ) To 6/12/1981 ( premiere US film "Raiders of the Lost Ark" ) is 15679 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 10/6/2008 ( ) is 15679 days



From 7/13/1962 ( the Telstar satellite performs the first two-way telephone conversation ) To 6/16/2005 ( as Kerry Burgess my official records United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital includes: Date of Admission, psychiatric unit ) is 15679 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 10/6/2008 ( ) is 15679 days



From 5/13/1992 ( the Intelsat 6 successful rescue during US space shuttle Endeavour orbiter vehicle mission STS-49 includes me Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps officer and United States STS-49 pilot astronaut and my 1st official United States of America National Aeronautics and Space Administration orbital flight of 4 overall ) To 10/6/2008 ( ) is 5990 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/28/1982 ( premiere US TV series episode "Nova"::"Aging: The Methuselah Syndrome" ) is 5990 days



From 3/12/2002 ( premiere US TV series episode "JAG"::"Hero Worship" ) To 10/6/2008 ( ) is 2400 days

2400 = 1200 + 1200

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 2/14/1969 ( premiere US TV series episode "Star Trek"::"Requiem for Methuselah" ) is 1200 days



From 11/22/1996 ( premiere US film "Star Trek: First Contact" ) To 10/6/2008 ( ) is 4336 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 9/16/1977 ( premiere US TV series "Logan's Run" ) is 4336 days



http://www.defense.gov/releases/release.aspx?releaseid=12266

U.S. Department of Defense

Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense (Public Affairs)

News Release

IMMEDIATE RELEASE No. 845-08

October 06, 2008

DoD Revises Purple Heart Eligibility Criteria to Allow Award to POWs Who Die in Captivity

"Updated"

The Department of Defense announced today it has expanded the Purple Heart eligibility criteria allowing prisoners-of-war who died in captivity to receive the award.

The revised department policy presumes, for service members who die in captivity as a qualifying prisoner-of-war, that their death was the "result of enemy action," or the result of wounds incurred “in action with the enemy” during capture, or as a result of wounds incurred as a “result of enemy action” during capture, unless compelling evidence is presented to the contrary.

The revised policy allows retroactive award of the Purple Heart to qualifying prisoners-of-war since Dec. 7, 1941. Posthumous award will be made to the deceased service member’s representative, as designated by the secretary of the military department concerned, upon application to that military department.








posted by Kerry Burgess - H.V.O.M at 6:56 PM Monday, August 14, 2006

Master Cowards

I had another revelation the other day. I understand why Bank of America gave me a supposedly random pincode when I opened an account with them in 2002. I was living in Issaquah at the time, having moved there from Bellevue to be closer to my new office there in Issaquah, and to get away from the craziness I thought was localized to Bellevue at the time. I soon began to suspect that someone was trying to look through the curtains. I had some clues from early on at Microsoft that it was someone at Microsoft. So anyway, after I opened that account, they gave me a pincode of 7938 to an account I don't use anymore. A few days ago, I read that Brian Dennehy's birthday is 7/9/1938. I immediately understood why they did that. In the 1982 movie "Rambo," Brian Dennehy portrays the corrupted Sheriff that is tormenting "Rambo."








http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106856/quotes

IMDb

Falling Down (1993)

Quotes

Bill Foster: What about the brief case? You forgot the brief case! I'm going home! So clear a path, you motherfuckers! Clear a path! I'M GOING HOME!









YAH-64_1982_01759-1_cr apache .jpg from internet








http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/76.htm

Requiem For Methuselah [ Star Trek television series episode ]

Original Airdate: 14 Feb, 1969

[Lab two]

Dr. MCCOY: Physically human but not human. These are earlier versions of Rayna, Jim. She's an android.

FLINT: Created here by my hand. Here, the centuries of loneliness were to end.

SPOCK: Your collection of Leonardo da Vinci masterpieces, Mister Flint, they appear to have been recently painted on contemporary canvas with contemporary materials. And on your piano, a waltz by Johannes Brahms, an unknown work in manuscript, written in modern ink. Yet absolutely authentic, as are your paintings.

FLINT: I am Brahms.

SPOCK: And da Vinci?

FLINT: Yes.

SPOCK: How many other names shall we call you?

FLINT: Solomon, Alexander, Lazarus, Methuselah, Merlin, Abramson. A hundred other names you do not know.

SPOCK: You were born?

FLINT: In that region of earth later called Mesopotamia, in the year 3834 BC, as the millennia are reckoned. I was Akharin, a soldier, a bully and a fool. I fell in battle, pierced to the heart and did not die.

MCCOY: Instant tissue regeneration coupled with some perfect form of biological renewal. You learned that you were immortal and

FLINT: And to conceal it. To live some portion of a life, to pretend to age and then move on before my nature was suspected.

SPOCK: Your wealth and your intellect are the product of centuries of acquisition. You knew the greatest minds in history.








https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0042163/releaseinfo

IMDb

Visit with the Armed Forces (1950–1951)

Release Info

USA 3 July 1950








https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0594156/

IMDb

Gunsmoke (1955–1975)

How to Die for Nothing

TV-PG 30min Western Episode aired 23 June 1956

Season 1 Episode 31

Trail herder Howard Bulow swears to shoot Marshal Dillon in the back after he kills his drunken brother in self-defense.

Cast

James Arness ... Matt Dillon

Release Date: 23 June 1956 (USA)








https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0594156/quotes/

IMDb

Gunsmoke (TV Series)

How to Die for Nothing (1956)

Quotes

[first lines]

Marshal Matt Dillon: [narrating] Men die for a lot of reasons. I've even heard of worthy ones, like a man who's willing to face it for the good that might come after. But he's a far different breed than most of this Boot Hill trash. These men die for fools' reasons - a spilt drink, a wrong card, an imagined insult. But the worst is a man who dies for nothing... for no reason at all.








From 5/31/2008 ( referenced below here in text by me, Kerry Burgess ) To 11/3/2015 ( ) is 2712 days

2712 = 1356 + 1356

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 7/20/1969 ( my biological brother Thomas Reagan the United States Navy Commander circa 1969 was United States Apollo 11 Eagle spacecraft United States Navy astronaut landing and walking on the planet Earth's moon ) is 1356 days


Other post by me on this topic includes: https://hvom.blogspot.com/2019/10/bubbas-flying-farther.html





10800_DSC01525 krem.jpg, illustration by Kerry Burgess



10800_DSC01524 krem.jpg, illustration by Kerry Burgess









20161116_131111.jpg, Kerry Wayne Burgess circa 1989, United States Navy, USS Wainwright CG-28








Kerry Burgess, excerpt from my private journal: 05/31/08 12:58 PM

Damnit.

Something just flashed into my mind about a dream I had when I last was asleep, having woken up in the past hour or so.

But what was it I just saw?

Something about flying the Apache attack helicopter?

There was something very detailed in my dream but something just flashed into my mind for a fraction of a second and I could not keep it long enough to focus on it.








https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ringworld

Ringworld

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ringworld is a 1970 science fiction novel by Larry Niven, set in his Known Space universe and considered a classic of science fiction literature. Ringworld tells the story of Louis Wu and his companions on a mission to the Ringworld, a massive alien construct in space








Ringworld

Larry Niven

Chapter 22 - Seeker

"Seeker?"

"He calls himself that. When someone asks him why, he can explain that he's on his way to the base of the Arch, and tell them about his adventures on the way ... you see?"

"Yeah."

"He started trying the motors in all the old cars. He said that the drivers used to turn off their motors when they were caught by the traffic police field, so that their motors wouldn't be burned out."

Louis and Speaker and Nessus looked at each other. Half those floating cars may have been still active!

"We found a car that worked," said Teela. "We were chasing you, but we must have missed you in the dark. But luckily the traffic police field caught us for speeding."








https://hvom.blogspot.com/2019/07/the-weeping-woman.html

Posted by Kerry Burgess at 9:29 PM

Number 878: The Farthest Man From Home

I am Kerry Burgess. This is what I think.

Wednesday, July 24, 2019

The Weeping Woman

Ringworld

Larry Niven

Chapter 22

"He's old, Louis. He got a massive dose of something like boosterspice, long ago. He says he took it from an evil magician. He's so old that his grandparents remembered the Fall of the Cities.

"Do you know what he's doing?"

Her smile became impish. "He's on a kind of quest. Long ago he took an oath that he would walk to the base of the Arch. He's doing that. He's been doing it for hundreds of years."

"The base of the Arch?"








Ringworld

Larry Niven

CHAPTER 9 -- Shadow Squares

(from internet transcript)

Louis searched the sky ahead until he found another shadow square. He was watching its approach when the lightning struck again.

It looked like lightning. It came like lightning, without warning. There was a moment of terrible light, white with a violet tinge. The ship lurched --

Discontinuity.

-- lurched, and the light was gone. Louis reached under his goggles with two forefingers to rub dazzled eyes.

"What was that?" Teela exclaimed.

Louis's vision cleared slowly. He saw that Nessus had exposed a goggled head; that Speaker was at work in one of the lockers; that Teela was staring at him. No, at something behind him. He turned.

The sun was a wide black disc, smaller than it had been, outlined in yellow-white flame. It had shrunk considerably during the moment in stasis. The moment must have lasted hours.








Ringworld

Larry Niven

CHAPTER 23 -- The God Gambit

(from internet transcript)

You could see the black thread, if your eye was within an inch of it; but then your eye would water and the thread would disappear. The thread was that close to being invisibly thin. It was much too much like Sinclair monofilament; and Sinclair monofilament was dangerous.

"Try the Slaver gun," said Louis. "See if you can cut it, Speaker."

A string of sparkling lights appeared within the cloud.

Probably it was blasphemy. You fight with light? But the natives must have planned to destroy the strangers much earlier. When the Christmas lights appeared within the cloud of black thread, maniac shrieks answered from all directions. Men robed in particolored blankets poured from the buildings around, screaming and waving ... swords and clubs?

The poor leucos, thought Louis. He flicked his flashlight-laser beam to high and narrow.

Light-swords, laser weapons, had been used on all the worlds. Louis's training was a century old, and the war he had trained for hadn't happened after all. But the rules were too simple to forget.

The slower the swing, the deeper the cut.

But Louis swung his beam in wide quick swipes. Men stumbled back, their arms wrapped around their abdomens, their golden fur faces betraying nothing. With many enemies, swing fast. Cut half an inch deep, cut many of them. Slow them down!

Louis felt pity. The fanatics had only swords and clubs. They hadn't a chance ...



- posted by Kerry Burgess 9:57 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Wednesday 10/23/2019