Monday, October 28, 2019

Snow-can


Six years ago today was the first time I personally observed snow-fall here in Spokane.

I had just moved here from the Seattle suburbs.

I still remember those first quiet months and the profound sense of awareness that formed in my mind.

I had left and still had in my mind the naive sense that I had made my escape.

But then I started looking back at the usual suspects and it was all there. My transition out of Seattle had fooled no one.

Right now outside here in Spokane looks similar to a blizzard beginning to form.

Leaves rustling in the heavy wind, snow is beginning to accumulate, a big white blob on the tv news is rapidly approaching us from the north, as the winds continue to howl outside.

No way in hell I'm going out tomorrow to ride my bicycle with a low temperature tonight of 13 degrees Fahrenheit.



- posted by Kerry Burgess 3:55 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Monday 10/28/2019