Tuesday, October 22, 2019

"When we finally got it figured out that we had truly missed the boat"



http://hvom.blogspot.com/2015/07/proof.html

Posted by Kerry Burgess at 11:43 AM

Friday, July 10, 2015

Proof

As best I recall of earlier observation this is the first episode that overtly declares the setting is downtown Seattle. I wondered about that a while back because of an overhead aerial view that I glimpsed and that seemed recognizable and then I looked up the filming location on imdb.com but there was no listing for Seattle. This episode however makes absolutely clear that the setting is Seattle.








http://www.tv.com/shows/proof-2015/redemption-3081729/

tv.com

Proof Season 1 Episode 4

Redemption

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Jul 07, 2015 on TNT

A cop killer has a nightmarish near-death experience. Further investigation reveals the event may carry an important message from beyond.

AIRED: 7/7/15








Proof

Redemption

(from internet transcript)

Guess who was the last person to see Laurel Ayers alive.

Her manager at the taco place?

I asked the guys in Homicide if I could take a look at her case file.

Turns out when Laurel disappeared, the manager was questioned and cleared.

Oh.

Okay.

You know, but young girls run away all the time.

Problems at home, they take off.

You know what I mean?

Yeah, I do.

I wondered if maybe they'd been too ready to write this off as one of those.

So I figured, what the hell? I'm always in the mood for a taco.

He had his keys on the same retractable reel you described.

Was it him?

Only one detective would listen to me, but you only need one.

He got a warrant, took a look inside the receptacle.

Dried blood.

Laurel's dried blood.

Some from the other girls, too.

They arrested him this afternoon.

I asked him to put Frank, my T.O., down as lead detective on the case.

He always wanted to be a homicide detective.

Well, maybe you can take his place.

Well, maybe.

[Chuckles] I know one thing.

I'm gonna be reading up on NDEs and all that life-after-death stuff.

[Chuckles] I hear that, uh, Peter van Owen is a good one.

Well, I prefer nonfiction, but I hear he can be a valuable tool.



- posted by Kerry Burgess 10:21 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Tuesday 10/22/2019