Thursday, October 24, 2019

Excursion 10/23/2019, part 7


Today was my first alternate day for my excursion that happened yesterday.

Yesterday became my first choice because my replacement bicycle tire tube arrived in time, arrived on a day that was the earliest I could get on Amazon.com

If I had waited for the thorn-resistant tubes then today would have been the day I went over there, assuming the tubes fit. They're really much larger than regular tubes.

All that because of the flat-tire I had on my disastrous excursion of 10/04/2019, made all the more miserable because of my stubborn refusal to take the metro bus back home. Would have still been annoying because it happened at a point where there are no bridges across the river for a few miles in either direction.

I've rarely had flat-tires. I never had a flat-tire on my beloved 2002 silver titanium Litespeed road bicycle. Seems most likely because I upgraded to Kevlar tires, a memory that made me think to check 10/04/2019 for "The Andromeda Strain" which I have yet to check.

Can't recall ever having a flat on my 1995 Schwinn road bicycle. The Litespeed replaced my Schwinn and I put thousands of miles on each, with the Litespeed being my successful Ironman triathlon bicycle. In 2002 I finished the Seattle-to-Portland course in about 16 hours on my Schwinn and that was 200 miles non-stop and that after countless hours of training around Seattle.

Wait, I did flat with that Schwinn. Must have been 1995. The first time I took it out on a 100-mile ride by myself one Saturday morning in Charlotte, North Carolina. With only about 6 miles to go, I hit a gravel-pile at an intersection on Independence Boulevard and the front tire instantly went flat. For some silly reason, I literally carried that bicycle through the neighborhood the remaining six miles back to my apartment.

My guess was that was a pinch-flat. I'm vaguely recalling that back then I wasn't using a floor-pump for my bicycle tires.

Back then, I was guessing that under-inflation was better for preventing pinch-flats so I pumped up the tires as much as I could with a hand-pump and with that hand-pump I couldn't get it very close to maximum recommended pressure.

Soon after, I started using a floor-pump and inflating the maximum pressure before I rode out. The results are compellingly successful.

Until 10/04/2019.

But that was *not* because of my floor-pump.

That was *because* that day 10/04/2019 was the *third* time I rode out *without* checking my tire pressure. I didn't even look down to visually inspect the tire pressure when my weight was fully borne upon the wheels.

Thoughts *formed* in my conscious mind to *not* check the tire pressure.

That's the first flat I've had on that bicycle.

Before that, the most recent flat tire was on a mountain bike, before I replaced it with an equally inexpensive hybrid from Amazon.com

That flat-tire in 2017 was completely unavoidable. That was a goat-head thorn, or whatever it's called, I had never heard of it before until I started looking for it on the internet.

Those things are unbelievably damaging to bicycle tires.

The recent flat was about the same place, on the same street, and my first thought was it was probably a pinch-flat, my mind guiltily admitting my failure to properly inflate my tires.

I checked that tube a few days ago. I've rarely had flats and I cannot recall ever examining the tubes back when I was a serious bicyclist, but I was expecting something different with this flat tube.

The problem was easy to find when pumping some air into it. It appears to be clearly a puncture wound. It's small and round with distinct edges. For a pinch flat, I would expect to see a slit in the material. I examined the tire itself several times, with my reading glasses, I could find no corresponding puncture in its material. The explanation is probably out there somewhere on the internet but that's a puzzlement for another day to add to the list.

What would I have observed *today* if I had gone out there instead of yesterday?

I've written all this above here, because of the code pattern I just calculated, before I started looking around on the internet to check on the usual suspects and to see if anything interesting has happened today out in the real world.

I remain in communication with no other person or persons.

The results of my search caused me to think of other items in the code pattern to search.

One one computer screen, I am reading the text of "Wayward Pines" and the party for Ethan, who's been missing for fifteen months and everyone's boozed up at his house. On the other computer screen at my desk, I've just encountered "City on the Edge of Forever" in new work to decipher a code pattern I started working on a long time ago. "The connection was bad because they were in the mountains."

There's probably even more interesting suspects out there today on the internet but I am now really, really tired and weary and this stuff takes a lot of work by me.








https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0034583/quotes

IMDb

Casablanca (1942)

Quotes

Captain Renault: Realizing the importance of the case, my men are rounding up twice the usual number of suspects.








From 6/7/1976 ( my biological brother Thomas Reagan the civilian and privately financed astronaut in deep space of the solar system in his privately financed atom-pulse propulsion spaceship this day was his first landing the Saturn moon Phoebe ) To 10/24/2019 ( ) is 15844 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/20/2009 ( premiere US film "Knowing" ) is 15844 days



From 6/7/1976 ( my biological brother Thomas Reagan the civilian and privately financed astronaut in deep space of the solar system in his privately financed atom-pulse propulsion spaceship this day was his first landing the Saturn moon Phoebe ) To 10/24/2019 ( ) is 15844 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/20/2009 ( premiere US TV series episode "Battlestar Galactica"::series finale episode "Daybreak" ) is 15844 days



From 11/10/1967 ( premiere US TV series episode "Star Trek"::"Metamorphosis" ) To 10/24/2019 ( ) is 18976 days

18976 = 9488 + 9488

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 10/25/1991 ( premiere US TV series episode "Flesh 'n' Blood"::"Pulling Out the Weeds" ) is 9488 days



From 12/20/2013 ( illustrated below by me, Kerry Burgess, with my essential image DSC00874.jpg ) To 10/24/2019 ( ) is 2134 days

2134 = 1067 + 1067

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 10/4/1968 ( premiere US TV series episode "Star Trek"::"The Paradise Syndrome" ) is 1067 days



From 6/7/1979 ( Anne McClain ) To 10/24/2019 ( ) is 14749 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/21/2006 ( the debut of Twitter ) is 14749 days





https://twitter.com/NASA/status/1187527207679332352

Twitter

NASA

Verified account

@NASA

#Artemis, Goddess of the Moon, will light the way forward for the first woman to step foot on the lunar surface in 2024. Let her light up your life too with these new downloadable “Woman on the Moon” backgrounds for mobile phone and personal computer. Get yours here: https://go.nasa.gov/32KYU0k

5:32 PM - 24 Oct 2019









twitter_nasa_10-24-2019_1.jpg








https://twitter.com/Astro_Jessica/status/1187497630101839874

Twitter

Jessica Meir

Verified account

@Astro_Jessica

NASA Astronaut. Comparative physiologist. Explorer. Nature lover. Current resident of the International @Space_Station.

We’re growing Mizuna lettuce on @Space_Station! We’ll need to be more sustainable and grow our own food for future, longer duration missions on #Artemis and Mars. So excited for harvest...I eat salad every day on Earth, but it's been 29 days without one! Happy #NationalFoodDay!

3:34 PM - 24 Oct 2019









twitter_jessica-meir_10-24-2019_1.jpg








https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1157938/

IMDb

Flesh 'n' Blood (1991– )

Pulling Out the Weeds

24min Comedy Episode aired 25 October 1991

Season 1 Episode 5

Release Date: 25 October 1991 (USA)








http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/31.htm

Star Trek - Metamorphosis - television series Season 2 Episode 9 - Aired Nov 10, 1967 on NBC

Episode Summary

When their shuttle is diverted to a planetoid, Kirk, Spock, and McCoy encounter Earth's Warp Drive pioneer, Zefram Cochrane, who appears to have survived there alone for 150 years.

(from internet transcript)

Captain KIRK: Mister Cochrane, you say you were brought here a hundred and fifty years ago? You don't look a day over thirty five.

Zefram COCHRANE: I haven't aged. The Companion sees to that.

SPOCK: Captain. These instruments, they date from the time indicated. From your ship, Mister Cochrane?

COCHRANE: I cannibalised it. The food, water, gardens, everything else I need the Companion gives me. Apparently, it creates it out of the native elements.








https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/nasa-invites-media-to-boeing-orbital-flight-test-launch-for-commercial-crew

NASA official

Oct. 24, 2019

MEDIA ADVISORY M19-116

NASA Invites Media to Boeing Orbital Flight Test Launch for Commercial Crew

Media accreditation is open for Boeing’s uncrewed Orbital Flight Test (OFT) to the International Space Station, as part of NASA’s Commercial Crew Program.

The launch of Boeing’s Starliner spacecraft on a United Launch Alliance Atlas V rocket is targeted for Dec. 17 from Space Launch Complex 41 at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station (CCAFS) in Florida.

The flight test will provide valuable data on the end-to-end performance of the Atlas V rocket, Starliner spacecraft, and ground systems, as well as in-orbit, docking, and landing operations. The data will be used as part of NASA’s process of certifying Boeing’s crew transportation system for carrying astronauts to and from the space station.

Media prelaunch and launch activities will take place at neighboring NASA’s Kennedy Space Center and CCAFS.

Media accreditation deadlines are as follows:

International media without U.S. citizenship must apply by 11:59 p.m. EDT Sunday, Oct. 27, for access to Kennedy media activities.

U.S. media must apply by 4 p.m. EST Friday, Nov. 15.

All accreditation requests should be submitted online at:

https://media.ksc.nasa.gov

For questions about accreditation, please email ksc-media-accreditat@mail.nasa.gov. For other questions, contact Kennedy’s newsroom at 321-867-2468.

Reporters with special logistics requests for Kennedy, such as space for satellite trucks, trailers, tents, electrical connections or work spaces, must contact Tiffany Fairley at tiffany.l.fairley@nasa.gov by Friday, Nov. 15.

NASA’s Commercial Crew Program is working with the American aerospace industry through a public-private partnership to launch astronauts on American rockets and spacecraft from American soil for the first time since 2011. The goal of the program is safe, reliable and cost-effective human space transportation to and from the International Space Station and low-Earth orbit, which could allow for additional research time and increase the opportunity for discovery aboard humanity’s testbed for exploration.

For launch countdown coverage, NASA's launch blog, and more information about the mission, visit:

https://www.nasa.gov/commercialcrew

-end-








http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/58.htm

The Paradise Syndrome [ Star Trek television series episode ]

Original Airdate: Oct 4, 1968

(from internet transcript)

SPOCK: The nurse has given you something to ease the pain. Why were you being stoned?

MIRAMANEE: Kirok could not get back into the temple.

SPOCK: Naturally, since he did not come from there.

MIRAMANEE: I saw him come, come.

CHAPEL: Does he recognise us?

MCCOY: His brain is unimpaired. Everything else is functionally normally except his memory.

SPOCK:: Can you help him?

MCCOY: It'd take time.









DSC00874.jpg, Kerry Burgess 12/20/2013 Spokane



DSC00815.jpg, Kerry Burgess 12/20/2013 Spokane








From 4/21/1926 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: my biological paternal grandmother Queen Elizabeth II ) To 9/7/1966 ( premiere US TV series "The Man Who Never Was" ) is 14749 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/21/2006 is 14749 days



From 1/17/1991 ( the date of record of my United States Navy Medal of Honor as Kerry Wayne Burgess chief warrant officer United States Marine Corps circa 1991 officially the United States Apache attack helicopter pilot ) To 3/21/2006 is 5542 days

5542 = 2771 + 2771

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 6/4/1973 ( the United States patent granted for the automatic teller machine ) is 2771 days



From 4/6/1967 ( premiere US TV series episode "Star Trek"::"The City on the Edge of Forever" ) To 3/21/2006 is 14229 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 10/17/2004 ( premiere US TV series episode "Dead Like Me"::"Last Call" ) is 14229 days



From 11/18/1996 ( premiere US film "Star Trek: First Contact" ) To 3/21/2006 is 3410 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/5/1975 ( Jolene Blalock ) is 3410 days



From 6/3/1934 ( the American Musicological Society was organized and incorporated in New York ) To 3/21/2006 is 26224 days

26224 = 13112 + 13112

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 9/26/2001 ( premiere US TV series "Star Trek: Enterprise"::series premiere episode "Broken Bow" ) is 13112 days


http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-11-07/business/sns-rt-us-twitter-ipo-timeline-20131107_1_dick-costolo-twitter-ceo-co-founder-jack-dorsey

Chicago Tribune

Twitter: From side project to sociocultural sensation

November 07, 2013 Alexei Oreskovic Reuters

(Reuters) - Twitter Inc, the 140-character messaging service favored by everyone from the Pope to U.S. President Barack Obama, began as a side-project but rapidly morphed into one of the most powerful social and cultural media forces of our time.

In its market debut on Thursday, Twitter soared as much as 92 percent as investors snapped up shares in the microblogging site in a frenzy that recalled the days of the dot-com bubble.

Here are some milestones in Twitter's growth:

March 21, 2006: Co-founder Jack Dorsey sends the first tweet: "just setting up my twttr."









star-trek-first-contact-1996_01h-45m-01s.jpg








https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0448011/quotes

IMDb

Knowing (2009)

Quotes

[last lines]

Rev. Koestler: [hugging John] This isn't the end, son.

John Koestler: I know.








Kerry Burgess, Twitter archive file, Monday February 11, 2019 02:27:24

Nope. That is most definitely The End for you, fictional bible-thumping coward of mortality. The chemical molecules that made you think you were the most special, self-centered animal in the Universe - THAT YOU ARE COMPLETELY IGNORANT OF - is just so much meaningless vapor now









knowing-2009_01h-53m-52s.jpg









knowing_01h19m11s.jpg



knowing_01h19m13s.jpg



knowing_01h19m16s.jpg



knowing-2009_01h50m05s.jpg








DSCN8564.jpg, Kerry Burgess 10/23/2019 Coeur d'Alene




G0012479.jpg, Kerry Burgess 10/23/2019 Coeur d'Alene



- posted by Kerry Burgess 9:07 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Thursday 10/24/2019