Tuesday, July 17, 2012

A different past. A different future.




So relative to this present day, the present day is the time of this note, I will time-travel to the past to the date 3 March 2003 and I will give certain computer files with text data in it to a recipient, the person waiting for my arrival, and to witness me appear out of thin air, from a point where no person was visible before.

If the data in those files, especially the data published here, is different from the computer files that are time-travel transported to my past then that would mean I am from a future different than what they can expect for their own future.

Of course, that doesn't really work out as a theory for some kind of serious scientific experiment. For one thing, I have caught myself forgetting to include blog posts in the computer file that I keep the journal in. I haven't looked to see if that website has a method for archiving a blog website to a single text file. For another thing, I have caught myself making changes on the published website and then forgetting to immediately update the journal file. I don't know how much difference there is between what I have published on the world-wide internet connected blog I maintain. Even a difference of one letter would call into question the integrity of that scientific experiment.

So I doubt that is a serious objective to any of this.

The real objective, I am still thinking, while every thing going on is just busy work, is that I am transporting a biological vaccine or serum or whatever is the difference between the two. I guess both could apply. One is a cure and one is for prevention, I think.

I've given a lot of thought, just details imagined in my mind, about how that actually works. Sometimes it is not actually my blood that is used but has become a scientific process. I figure out a process of using my intellect to find a cure.

As one individual doctor cannot save the diseased of the world I am also constrained by time, the time it takes me to work out a labor-intensive solution for one person and that only my personal labor can discover. I find the solution for one person and there are several billion other human beings I am not working on directly at that same time.

I have to think about the possibility of me not actually being able to save any one person and then spend the agonizing future being consumed with figuring out what I got wrong and then having to live the agonizing future of actually finding the solution and then knowing there is no one left to give it to.





- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 09:03 AM Pacific Time USA Tuesday 17 July 2012