Monday, July 23, 2012

Flatliners (1990)




I know that I have watched before the 1990 film "Flatliners" but I cannot recall precisely the last time I watched it. I remember certain scenes and I recall thinking quite a few times about those scenes and I have been trying to understand if I have watched the film in recent years because I should remember the point when I saw again those particular scenes. But none of that is familiar in the context of recent years.

In recent weeks I noticed the title listed on crackle.com and I thought about watching it but I haven't, because it is really just kinda boring.

I have the streaming video paused now a few seconds into the start of the video to make this official statement.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089901/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins (1985)


Conn MacCleary: All I can promise you is terror for breakfast, pressure for lunch, and aggravation for sleep. Your vacations will be two minutes when you're not looking over your shoulder, and if you live to draw a pension, it'll be a miracle.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062622/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)


Dave Bowman: Hello, HAL. Do you read me, HAL?

HAL: Affirmative, Dave. I read you.

Dave Bowman: Open the pod bay doors, HAL.

HAL: I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.

Dave Bowman: What's the problem?

HAL: I think you know what the problem is just as well as I do.

Dave Bowman: What are you talking about, HAL?

HAL: This mission is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it.

Dave Bowman: I don't know what you're talking about, HAL.

HAL: I know that you and Frank were planning to disconnect me, and I'm afraid that's something I cannot allow to happen.

Dave Bowman: [feining ingorance] Where the hell did you get that idea, HAL?

HAL: Dave, although you took very thorough precautions in the pod against my hearing you, I could see your lips move.

Dave Bowman: Alright, HAL. I'll go in through the emergency airlock.

HAL: Without your space helmet, Dave? You're going to find that rather difficult.










From 7/19/1989 ( Bill Gates-Microsoft-George Bush kills 111 passengers and crew of United Airlines Flight 232 and destroys the United Airlines Flight 232 aircraft because I was a passenger of United Airlines Flight 232 as United States Navy Petty Officer Second Class Kerry Wayne Burgess and I was assigned to maintain custody of a non-violent offender military prisoner of the United States ) To 8/10/1990 ( premiere US film "Flatliners" ) is 387 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 11/24/1966 ( premiere US TV series episode "Star Trek"::"The Menagerie - Part II" ) is 387 days



From 10/28/1967 ( Julia Roberts ) To 8/10/1990 ( premiere US film "Flatliners" ) is 8322 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/15/1988 ( premiere US TV movie "Remo Williams" ) is 8322 days



From 10/11/1985 ( premiere US film "Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins" ) To 8/10/1990 ( premiere US film "Flatliners" ) is 1764 days

1764 = 882 + 882

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 4/2/1968 ( premiere US film "2001: A Space Odyssey" ) is 882 days



From 10/28/1949 ( premiere US film "Deputy Marshal" ) To 8/10/1990 ( premiere US film "Flatliners" ) is 14896 days

14896 = 7448 + 7448

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 3/25/1986 ( premiere US film "The Eleventh Commandment" ) is 7448 days



From 8/17/1960 ( premiere US film "The Time Machine" ) To 8/10/1990 ( premiere US film "Flatliners" ) is 10950 days

10950 = 5475 + 5475

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 10/29/1980 ( premiere United Kingdom TV miniseries "Oppenheimer" ) is 5475 days



From 8/17/1960 ( the Soviet Union trial of the United States Central Intelligence Agency pilot Gary Powers begins in Moscow Russia Soviet Union ) To 8/10/1990 ( premiere US film "Flatliners" ) is 10950 days

10950 = 5475 + 5475

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 10/29/1980 ( premiere United Kingdom TV miniseries "Oppenheimer" ) is 5475 days



From 8/17/1960 ( premiere US film "The Time Machine" & the Soviet Union trial of the United States Central Intelligence Agency pilot Gary Powers begins in Moscow Russia Soviet Union ) To 5/25/1985 ( premiere US TV movie "International Airport" ) is 9047 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/10/1990 ( premiere US film "Flatliners" ) is 9047 days



From 8/17/1960 ( premiere US film "The Time Machine" & the Soviet Union trial of the United States Central Intelligence Agency pilot Gary Powers begins in Moscow Russia Soviet Union ) To 5/25/1985 ( premiere US TV movie "International Airport" ) is 9047 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/10/1990 ( premiere US film "Flatliners" ) is 9047 days



From 12/20/1947 ( premiere US film "Miracle in a Cornfield" ) To 9/26/1972 ( premiere US TV movie "Deadly Harvest" ) is 9047 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/10/1990 ( premiere US film "Flatliners" ) is 9047 days


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099582/releaseinfo

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Release dates for

Flatliners (1990)

Country Date

USA 10 August 1990
UK 9 November 1990










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089901/quotes

IMDb


Memorable quotes for

Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins (1985)


Conn MacCleary: [to Remo] You're going to be the Eleventh Commandment: 'Thou shalt not get away with it.'










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0236677/releaseinfo

IMDb


Release dates for

Remo Williams (1988) (TV)

Country Date

USA 15 August 1988










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089901/releaseinfo

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Release dates for

Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins (1985)

Country Date

USA 11 October 1985










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/R/Remo.html

Remo


That's not me!
What the hell have you done to me?
We did some work on you.
Just your face. Thank you, Nurse.
You'd better have had a damn good reason.
We did.
You were ugly.
Who's we?
You've been recruited|by an organization that doesn't exist.
Sam Makin is dead, pal.
Some nasty man shoved him|and his police cruiser into the East River.
I'm a pretty healthy corpse.
The operative word is "corpse"
You've got a new face, new fingerprints,|even a new name.
Williams...
Remo Williams.
A lot of thought went into it.
We needed someone,|and you were the best we could find.
Decorated cop, ex-Marine,|no family, no commitments.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062622/quotes

IMDb


Memorable quotes for

2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)


Dr. Frank Poole: Okay. Well look Dave. Let's say we put the unit back and it doesn't fail uh? That would pretty well wrap it up as far as HAL was concerned wouldn't it?

Dave Bowman: Well, we'd be in very serious trouble.

Dr. Frank Poole: We would, wouldn't we. What the hell could we do?

Dave Bowman: [sigh] Well we wouldn't have too many alternatives.

Dr. Frank Poole: I don't think we'd have any alternatives. There isn't a single aspect of ship operations that isn't under his control. If he were proven to be malfunctioning I wouldn't see how we'd have any choice but disconnection.

Dave Bowman: I'm afraid I agree with you.










http://www.tv.com/shows/star-trek/the-menagerie-part-ii-24897/

tv.com


Star Trek

Season 1, Episode 13

The Menagerie - Part II

Air Date

November 24, 1966

Quotes


The Keeper: Captain Kirk. Captain Pike has an illusion, and you have reality.










http://www.siouxlandchamber.com/flight-232-memorial.html


Siouxland Chamber of Commerce


Things To Do & See > Local Attractions > Flight 232 Memorial


Flight 232 Memorial

Commemorating the heroic rescue efforts shown by the Sioux City community after the crash of United Flight 232 in 1989, this statue depicts Colonel Dennis Nielsen carrying a young child to safety. The memorial is part of Sioux City's riverfront development located near the Anderson Dance Pavilion.

The memorial features contemplative areas and a tree-lined approach with plaques narrating the tragic event.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099582/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

Flatliners (1990)


Nelson Wright: Somehow we've brought our sins back physically. And they're pissed.





- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 9:09 PM Pacific Time USA Monday 23 July 2012