Monday, July 23, 2012

Nope, I just can't see how I could have watched that film in the past decade or so.




The scene of the green field and which is pivotal to the entire story line, and first establishes that alternate reality they are searching for, was familiar to me, but only after I just watched the video tonight. I had not been consciously aware of it and I don't think I ever would have remembered it unless I had watched again that video.

As with "Planet of the Apes" and "we weren't programmed to land in water" the scene shows the perspective of flying over the green field and then rising sharply up when a large tree comes into view, where in 1968, the same perspective was of a mesa in the desert and also always makes me think of how the guided missiles of that era had problems with low-level flight guidance and why pilots were better suited for such flights. Anybody watching the 1978 film "Superman" could tell you that.

The second guy who undergoes the process, the less-popular-Baldwin-brother, has an experience where he seems to see himself being born, his actual childbirth.

Remember, people believe that stuff.

They don't call it *propaganda* for no good reason.

I'm also certain Mogge bought into it. The actor Kevin Bacon probably identifies with him, with his sense of trying to be cool. There might be some similar facial resemblance.

He even had a truck back in the mid-1990's or early 1990's that reminds me of that truck Kevin Bacon was driving, although I might be stretching that notion somewhat.

Now they are at the point of how they understand the scoundrel activities they are to blame for and they understand that now they only look stupid and they are now certain to not want to look stupid any more and so they are certain to not admit to their criminal activities.

I have the streamed video paused about the 35 minute point to make this official statement. I find the film familiar but yet it is familiar only in the context of how it might be something I have not actually watched since around the time of its 1990 premiere date. But I do remember key parts without watching it yet. I know that the first guy is guilty because they chased another kid up into a tree, which was established with flying over the green field, and the kid died when he fell out of the tree. So what seems to be the main drama is about how how that actor cannot bring himself to admit his guilt for the activity and so he is haunted by that factor. Julia Roberts, in her character portrayal, I recall to some degree, is guilty because she witnessed, while a child, her father overdose on illegal narcotics. She comes to terms with her guilt early on and is trying to tell that first guy that he needs to take responsibility for his actions. The other characters go through similar experiences. I am not certain how the film ends. I think it ends with the first guy feeling sorry for killing that kid but I cannot recall precise details about how it ends.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 15:46:58 -0800 (PST)

From: "Kerry Burgess"

Subject: Re: 841 days

To: "Kerry Burgess"

Kerry Burgess wrote:
It's been 841 days since I ran the Seattle Marathon. As I was waiting for the race to start, a very attractive young woman kicked my foot and I started talking to her. She was going to college in Provo and I described being out there the previous year for Ironman Utah. She told me that people say to stay out of that lake now because of "dead bodies" in it. I saw her later and she was far ahead of me in the race. I remember also thinking that people were watching me, beyond the normal spectating. I passed by a group of people and heard someone say "there he is." The next day at work, the director my group told me she had been there to watch the finish of the race. She described how she had accidently showed up or something like that, but I wasn't buying it. A cute woman at work that day was wearing clothes that looked suspicously similar to what I had wore for the race.

I think this was the 4th of 5 marathons I finished in a year period. I'm not sure of exact dates offhand but between Dec 2002 and Dec 2003, I completed 5 marathons, 2 sprint triathlons, and I trained for and participated in Ironman CDA, but I dropped out at the midpoint, completing the 2.4 mile swim and then 56 miles of the bike. I had developed serious cramps in my legs during the swim and a cramp in my lower leg was very painful. It was also extremely hot and I let myself get dehydrated. I could have probably taken some advil to relieve the pain in my leg, but being so dehydrated, I was worried about taking anything. I dropped out of the race and didn't really start regretting it until about 3 or days later, so that was an indication to me that I should have dropped out. If I had started regretting it right away, then I probably could have kept going on and at least finished the bike course.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 20 March 2006 excerpt ends]










[ Bill Gates-Microsoft-Corbis-Nazi the cowardly International Terrorist Organization violently against the United States of America actively instigate insurrection and subversive activity against the United States of America with all Bill Gates-Microsoft-Corbis-Nazi staff partners contributors employees contractors lawyers managers of any capacity as severely treasonous criminal accomplices and that are active unlawful obstructions, combinations, or assemblages, or rebellion against the authority of the United States that actively make it impracticable to enforce the laws of the United States in the United States and in the Severely Treasonous and Criminally Rebellious State of Washington by the ordinary course of judicial proceedings ]


http://www.cswap.com/1990/Flatliners/cap/en/25fps/a/00_33

Flatliners


:33:03
Nelson's right, there
definitely is activity beyond death.

:33:08
- Absolutely.
- The experience was strange.

:33:12
- It was almost erotic.
- He's dead and he gets laid.

:33:17
What do you mean, erotic?

:33:20
I don't want you to think
it was wantonly sexual.

:33:24
No, that never
would have occurred to me.

:33:27
It was friendly. It was something
vaguely feminine guiding me.

:33:33
This could be the conquest of our
generation. The last great frontier.

:33:38
First you had the sea, then
America, the West, the Moon ...

:33:43
... Mr. Leary, drugs,
the inner journey ...

:33:45
Our former First Lady
and the outer journey ...

:33:49
- But this is ours!
- We did have disco.

:33:52
- Fuck the baby boomers.
- Watch your mouth.

:33:58
- I found something. Remember?
- I came back from the dead tonight.

:34:03
It doesn't surprise me.
We had Elvis in here last night.

:34:10
Pay when you're ready, okay?

:34:15
- Was it difficult getting back?
- Not that I remember.

:34:21
But you remember everything else?
I think you guys are full of shit.

:34:27
- I'm not buying any of this.
- I wouldn't buy it either ...

:34:32
... unless I'd been there.










1994 film "Star Trek Generations" DVD video:

01:04:12


Starfleet Captain Jean-Luc Picard: You don't have to do this, Soran. I'm sure we can find another way of getting you into this Nexus.










1994 film "Stargate" Ultimate Edition DVD video:


US Air Force major general West: This is the information the probe sent back to us. Freeze and enhance. You can clearly see the Gate on the other side. Both Gates must have functioned as a doorway between our worlds.

US Air Force major general West's aide: These reading's tell us it's an atmospheric match. Barometric pressure, temperature, and most importantly, oxygen.

Dr. Daniel Jackson: These markings are different. They don't match the symbols on our Gate.

US Air Force major general West: That's why we may have to abort. This project is for naught without a reconnaissance mission.

US Air Force major general West's aide: Once on the other side we'd have to decipher the markings on their Gate and, in essence, dial home in order to bring the team back.

US Air Force major general West: Based on this new information, I don't see how we can do that.

Dr. Daniel Jackson: Well, I can do that.

US Air Force major general West: Are you sure?

Dr. Daniel Jackson: Positive.

US Air Force colonel Jack O'Niel: He's full of shit.





- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 10:29 PM Pacific Time USA Monday 23 July 2012