Thursday, February 12, 2015

"argosies of magic sails"




JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 07/26/08 6:47 AM

A series of scenes in the dream just now about football. The notion of Princeton University was strongly present in those series of scenes where I seemed to be on a football team but I think something is askew to all that, in that my soccer team is mixed in to those scenes and I was confusing it with my actual participation on an American football team at U.S. Naval Academy. I did see a scene about a football kicker during an American football game. There was a lot of detail I can still visualize but I do not feel all that compelled to describe the scenes. In the next series of scenes though, I seemed to be walking through an open field and there is a paved road running off to my left and there is open field as far as I can see to the other side of it and I guess to my right side although most of the dream seems to visualize over to what was initially my left-side of visualization. Just after that visualization started, and I note that it seems to be chronologically after the series of football scenes, I saw the Four Horsemen of The Apocalypse in that field on the other side of the paved road and to my minor annoyance, they started charging in my direction and I can visualize that lead Horsemen, but I am left with the vague sense that the Four of them were actually cows that had turned to charge at me. I did some fancy maneuvering and got them going in circles because I could maneuver better than they could but at some point I realized that I was not going to be able to keep that tactic up for very long. As I visualize that scene again now that I am awake, they seemed to have surrounded me. In the next scene though I seemed to have broke away from the Four Bovine of The Apocalypse and I was running flat out across the field at a 45 degree angle ahead of my original line-of-sight and direction of travel and I am vaguely aware of something ahead of me but I cannot visualize it well enough or remember it well enough to describe. I can remember that I turned around as I was running and threw something back at the lead Cow of The Apocalypse and I struck it squarely on the head and it dropped dead right there on the spot. At that point, I seemed to look back at a bale of hay in the middle of the field, which was the only one in sight, and I thought to myself that I should have stayed near that bale of hay because it was a piece of that bale that I killed the lead Cow of The Apocalypse. But I was still running in that same direction and I cannot really visualize the other Cows of The Apocalypse althought I guess they were back there somewhere in the dust the first Cow kicked up in a field that did not seem that dusty. The detail become very vague at the point where the dreams ends and I vaguely aware of something about how I could get help in fighting off those other three Cows of The Apocalypse if I said I "believed" and so I did say I believed and then I saw something that I can only describe now vaguely and one of those wagonwheeled-transports, that I think had names such as Conestoga, come traveling by me out in the direction of the other Cows and the wagon seemed to be covered in fire. I think I had stopped running at that point and there are other details about the surroundings that I can still visualize but not well enough to describe and I am left to ponder where I was. As I was writing all this, I remembered there was another series of scenes before the series of scenes about American football and I am left only with the sense of being compelled to remember those scenes and while I can visualize certain details, such as being in a supermarket, I cannot remember enough detail to articulate. I am not certain if those first scenes are connected to the next scenes about the football.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 26 July 2008 excerpt ends]










http://www.cswap.com/2002/The_Time_Machine/cap/en/25fps/a/01_02

The Time Machine


1:02:08
Time travel. Practical application.










http://www.azlyrics.com/p/pinkfloyd.html

AZ LYRICS UNIVERSE

PINK FLOYD

album: "The Division Bell" (1994)



http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/pinkfloyd/highhopes.html


PINK FLOYD


"High Hopes"

Beyond the horizon of the place we lived when we were young
In a world of magnets and miracles
Our thoughts strayed constantly and without boundary
The ringing of the division bell had begun

Along the Long Road and on down the Causeway
Do they still meet there by the Cut

There was a ragged band that followed in our footsteps
Running before time took our dreams away
Leaving the myriad small creatures trying to tie us to the ground
To a life consumed by slow decay

The grass was greener
The light was brighter
With friends surrounded
The nights of wonder

Looking beyond the embers of bridges glowing behind us
To a glimpse of how green it was on the other side
Steps taken forwards but sleepwalking back again
Dragged by the force of some inner tide

At a higher altitude with flag unfurled
We reached the dizzy heights of that dreamed of world

Encumbered forever by desire and ambition
There's a hunger still unsatisfied
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon
Though down this road we've been so many times

The grass was greener
The light was brighter
The taste was sweeter
The nights of wonder
With friends surrounded
The dawn mist glowing
The water flowing
The endless river

Forever and ever



































DSC08787.JPG










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0245562/quotes

IMDb


Windtalkers (2002)

Quotes


Ben Yahzee: I'm Ben Yahzee, I guess the corps paired us up, may I join you?

Joe Enders: You're blocking my view.










http://www.chakoteya.net/movies/movie8.html

Star Trek: First Contact


TROI: Captain, what is it?

PICARD: Picard to Enterprise. Mister Worf, is everything all right up there?

WORF (on intercom): Yes sir. We are experiencing some environmental difficulties on deck sixteen but that is all.

PICARD: What kind of difficulties?










http://www.poetryfoundation.org/poem/174629

POETRY FOUNDATION


Locksley Hall

BY ALFRED, LORD TENNYSON


Droops the heavy-blossom'd bower, hangs the heavy-fruited tree—
Summer isles of Eden lying in dark-purple spheres of sea.

There methinks would be enjoyment more than in this march of mind,
In the steamship, in the railway, in the thoughts that shake mankind.










http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/petergabriel/solsburyhill.html


PETER GABRIEL

"Solsbury Hill"

Climbing up on Solsbury Hill
I could see the city light
Wind was blowing, time stood still
Eagle flew out of the night
He was something to observe
Came in close, I heard a voice
Standing stretching every nerve
Had to listen had no choice
I did not believe the information
(I) just had to trust imagination
My heart going boom boom boom
"Son," he said "Grab your things,
I've come to take you home."










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 20:19:12 -0800 (PST)

From: "Kerry Burgess"

Subject: sunshine

To: "Kerry Burgess"

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=sunshine

sunshine

Radiant cheerfulness

"The sunshine disappeared for a moment, but I think it was from a cloud that had dropped her off beside me. The side of her face sang that song as her flowing hair danced fearlessly across the old barbed-wire squeezing my heart. Again I asked the grumpy pavement to give me an arrow, a directional, anything, that shows me the way home."


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 01 March 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.tv.com/shows/the-six-million-dollar-man/the-return-of-the-bionic-woman-2-33048/trivia/

tv.com


The Six Million Dollar Man Season 3 Episode 2

The Return of the Bionic Woman (2)

Aired Friday 8:30 PM Sep 21, 1975 on ABC

Quotes


Jaime: I realize why you brought me here.

Steve: What do you mean?

Jaime: I grew up in Ojai too, didn't I? (Steve nods) Yeah... and I guess you thought by me seeing the area again, it would... uh... help restore my memory, but it's no good, Steve. Every time I start to think back, there's so much pain. I have pain I can't even tell you about. I wanna look back. There's so much there - and I even feel like there's someone that I left behind... someone that I love. But that pain... it just keeps coming...










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 04/05/11 11:55 PM


"Hey" I said "You can keep my things,
they've come to take me home."


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 05 April 2011 excerpt ends]










http://www.poetryfoundation.org/poem/174629

POETRY FOUNDATION


Locksley Hall

BY ALFRED, LORD TENNYSON


Fool, again the dream, the fancy! but I know my words are wild,
But I count the gray barbarian lower than the Christian child.

I, to herd with narrow foreheads, vacant of our glorious gains,
Like a beast with lower pleasures, like a beast with lower pains!

Mated with a squalid savage—what to me were sun or clime?
I the heir of all the ages, in the foremost files of time—

I that rather held it better men should perish one by one,
Than that earth should stand at gaze like Joshua's moon in Ajalon!

Not in vain the distance beacons. Forward, forward let us range,
Let the great world spin for ever down the ringing grooves of change.

Thro' the shadow of the globe we sweep into the younger day;
Better fifty years of Europe than a cycle of Cathay.

Mother-Age (for mine I knew not) help me as when life begun:
Rift the hills, and roll the waters, flash the lightnings, weigh the Sun.

O, I see the crescent promise of my spirit hath not set.
Ancient founts of inspiration well thro' all my fancy yet.

Howsoever these things be, a long farewell to Locksley Hall!
Now for me the woods may wither, now for me the roof-tree fall.

Comes a vapour from the margin, blackening over heath and holt,
Cramming all the blast before it, in its breast a thunderbolt.

Let it fall on Locksley Hall, with rain or hail, or fire or snow;
For the mighty wind arises, roaring seaward, and I go.



































DSC08789.JPG



































DSC08790.JPG



































DSC08791.JPG



































DSC08794.JPG



































DSC08796.JPG



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 6:58 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Thursday 12 February 2015