Wednesday, February 25, 2015

I had to stop myself for a minute and ask "Have I got this right?"




My first thought as the film opens, those very first few seconds, I thought to myself, is that is obviously a red Ford Mustang he is driving.

Then I thought, "Wait," this film is supposed to be set in the early 1970s.

So that is obviously, to me, a Ford Mustang he is driving.

But even more obvious is that's a model of the wimpy Ford Mustang from the early 1990s (the same style I have written that I myself owned hypothetically in my theoretical life of that time period, as I think now some kind of alter ego car of that red 1990 Mazda RX-7 I loved so much).

So that gave me pause. I paused and wondered if that could have been a 1970s model convertible that I mistook for an early 1990s Ford Mustang.

But no, I just don't see how I could get that wrong. I do not know of any other American car with "5.0" on that front panel. That tells Ford Mustang right there.

I had to pause the video after he finishes driving and walking into a office with a Richard Nixon picture hanging on the wall.

I really doubt a TriStar movie starring Val Kilmer is going to accidently make that kind of goof.



































DSC08932.JPG



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 01:07 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Wednesday 25 February 2015