Tuesday, February 03, 2015

The Asheville trial




http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0251114/quotes

IMDb


Hart's War (2002)

Quotes


Col. Werner Visser: Strange thing about war wounds- the older you get, the less proud of them you become.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 11/5/2006 9:47 PM
Maybe this splitting headache I have is a good sign. It means that something in my brain is trying to access the damaged part of my brain where my real identity is stored.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 11/5/2006 9:49 PM
The last time Thedia was out here, she was on a business trip and brought an attractive young woman with her. We were eating at that Mongolian restaurant one of the days, I think their last day in town, and the woman, I can’t remember her name, suddenly was down on herself about being overweight although I don’t think she really was. Thedia told me to say something nice to her but I can’t remember what I said. Later, as we were saying goodbye, the young woman gave me a hug and I remember thinking she seemed to want to hug me in spite of a reason not to.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 05 November 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/h/harts-war-script-transcript.html

Hart's War


You're supposed to ask me if I did it, first.
Look, I came here to kill Nazis.
If it was some crackers that I wanted to kill...
I could have stayed in Macon.
Major Fussel ID'd you standing over the body.
Fussel is a Nazi!
No. Fussel is a witness...
and he's enough to hang you.
Look, all I'm saying is if it was a fight...
that got a little out of hand...
then it's not murder.
It's manslaughter.
Do you understand that?
Man, oh, man.
Can I fire you?
Oh, look, Scott, I'm just trying--
If it's a colored guy on trial...
and it's a white man who's been murdered...
there's no such thing as manslaughter.
Don't you know that?
Or is that something that they teach you...
in the third year of law school?
What do you expect from me, anyway?
A ''Hey, yes, sir, boss.''
Or ''Why, thank you, boss. You're mighty kind.''
Is that the way a railroaded colored man acts...
where you're from?
Nobody's railroading you, Scott.
Then how come the only real lawyer...
is the guy that's prosecuting me...
and I'm stuck with you defending me?
That's how the Colonel wanted it.
Yeah, but I ain't being railroaded.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andersonville,_Georgia


Andersonville, Georgia

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Andersonville is a city in Sumter County, Georgia, United States.










http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/h/harts-war-script-transcript.html

Hart's War


Come in. Have a seat.
We've checked German...
Have a drink.
Sure.
Maybe you can help me decipher some of this code...
coming through the BBC tonight, yeah?
I don't think you need my help, Colonel.
Seems pretty clear what they're saying.
It would seem so.
Or perhaps it's all propaganda.
How about that?
Strange thing about war wounds.
The older you grow, the less proud you become of them.
Got another one of these around here somewhere?
Of course.
Good. Why don't you and I take a walk out on your compound...
and have ourselves an old-fashioned duel?



































DSC08695.JPG










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0065399/releaseinfo

IMDb


The Andersonville Trial (1970 TV Movie)

Release Info

USA 17 May 1970



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 05:36 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Tuesday 03 February 2015