Thursday, February 12, 2015

The Time Machine




2002 film "The Time Machine"


Vox: There was one Eloi who managed to escape. He told me everything. We spent years together, just talking. The conversation's a little spotty now, but I do remember. It's good to have a friend.

Alexander Hartdegen: Then you can help us find the Morlocks, find Mara.

Vox: And if the truth is so horrible, it will haunt your dreams for all time?

Alexander Hartdegen: Well, I think I'm used to that.










http://www.poetryfoundation.org/poem/174629

POETRY FOUNDATION


Locksley Hall

BY ALFRED, LORD TENNYSON


Pilots of the purple twilight dropping down with costly bales;

Heard the heavens fill with shouting, and there rain'd a ghastly dew
From the nations' airy navies grappling in the central blue;

Far along the world-wide whisper of the south-wind rushing warm,
With the standards of the peoples plunging thro' the thunder-storm;

Till the war-drum throbb'd no longer, and the battle-flags were furl'd
In the Parliament of man, the Federation of the world.

There the common sense of most shall hold a fretful realm in awe,
And the kindly earth shall slumber, lapt in universal law.

So I triumph'd ere my passion sweeping thro' me left me dry,
Left me with the palsied heart, and left me with the jaundiced eye;

Eye, to which all order festers, all things here are out of joint:
Science moves, but slowly, slowly, creeping on from point to point:

Slowly comes a hungry people, as a lion, creeping nigher,
Glares at one that nods and winks behind a slowly-dying fire.

Yet I doubt not thro' the ages one increasing purpose runs,
And the thoughts of men are widen'd with the process of the suns.

What is that to him that reaps not harvest of his youthful joys,
Tho' the deep heart of existence beat for ever like a boy's?

Knowledge comes, but wisdom lingers, and I linger on the shore,
And the individual withers, and the world is more and more.

Knowledge comes, but wisdom lingers, and he bears a laden breast,
Full of sad experience, moving toward the stillness of his rest.

Hark, my merry comrades call me, sounding on the bugle-horn,
They to whom my foolish passion were a target for their scorn:

Shall it not be scorn to me to harp on such a moulder'd string?
I am shamed thro' all my nature to have loved so slight a thing.

Weakness to be wroth with weakness! woman's pleasure, woman's pain—
Nature made them blinder motions bounded in a shallower brain:

Woman is the lesser man, and all thy passions, match'd with mine,
Are as moonlight unto sunlight, and as water unto wine—

Here at least, where nature sickens, nothing. Ah, for some retreat
Deep in yonder shining Orient, where my life began to beat;

Where in wild Mahratta-battle fell my father evil-starr'd,—
I was left a trampled orphan, and a selfish uncle's ward.










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=the-americans-2013&episode=s03e01

Springfield! Springfield!



The Americans

EST Men


A week later Jeff gets promoted.
[ Slurps ] [ Indistinct conversations continue ] Screw the CIA.
That's everyone in NE and SAD working on Afghanistan.
I gotta take a leak.
[ Indistinct conversations continue ] [ Sighs ] [ Coin clinks, telephone dings ] [ Sighs shakily ] [ Inhales deeply ] It's me.
I'm doing something terrible.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 13:45:44 -0800 (PST)

From: "Kerry Burgess"

Subject: poet

To: "Kerry Burgess"

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=poet

poet

A quality that suggests poetry, as in grace, beauty, or harmony

"I'm not your poet either."


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 04 March 2006 excerpt ends]














https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQd4gBKkiv0

YouTube


Senna Burnout in Monaco - 1991 Monaco Grand Prix



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 6:00 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Thursday 12 February 2015