Monday, February 23, 2015

"Attached" - 08 November 1993




I can't believe what I'm hearing. I have no idea when was the last time I actually watched this episode. I want to say I've seen before that 22 year old episode but nothing really seems familiar about it. I would say I was familiar with the plot and that seems true but the scenes don't seem familiar. As with just about the entire collection of episodes of "Deep Space Nine" many of this television series episodes are forgettable but this one doesn't seem to be. Although when I think about it. Very early this morning today I watched only about the first half of this episode having run out of cans of beer about that point. Not sure when I will watch the rest, those episodes are available for free for only a short time. I've referenced before here the dialog but I didn't read through it before and was earlier only searching for certain words.










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=king-ralph

Springfield! Springfield!


King Ralph (1991)


Look, my duties are
mostly for show, right?
I hope you're
not counting on me...
to solve
large national problems.
I don't have a lot
of experience with that.










http://www.startrek.com/database_article/attached

STAR TREK


Star Trek: The Next Generation

Episode: TNG 260 - Attached

Season 7 Ep. 8

Air Date: 11/08/1993










http://www.chakoteya.net/NextGen/260.htm

Attached [ Star Trek: The Next Generation ]

Stardate: 47304.2

Original Airdate: 8 Nov, 1993


CRUSHER: I think our link is getting stronger.

PICARD: Maybe if we put some distance between us, that might weaken it. Not that I'm growing tired of hearing your most intimate thoughts.

CRUSHER: Certainly not.

(they separate, then start to stagger)

CRUSHER: Jean-Luc.

PICARD: What happened?

CRUSHER: I was suddenly overcome with a wave of nausea.

PICARD: Me, too.

CRUSHER: There's nothing wrong with either of us. Maybe the air is toxic.

(she moves away again, then back quickly)

PICARD: The same thing. But when you moved back toward me it got better. Well, it seems as if we're stuck with each other. (some way further on)

PICARD: What is it?

CRUSHER: I'm not sure whether we should go over this hill or that one. The topography on this map is a little vague.

PICARD: Let me see. This way.

CRUSHER: You don't really know, do you?

PICARD: What?

CRUSHER: I mean, you're acting like you know exactly which way to go, but you're only guessing. Do you do this all the time?

PICARD: No, but there are times when it is necessary for a captain to give the appearance of confidence.

(they walk on a little way then he looks at her)

CRUSHER: I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I just couldn't resist.

PICARD: I'm beginning to realise that you seem to always have some acerbic remark on the tip of your tongue.

CRUSHER: Well at least I've trained myself not to say it anymore. When I was a little girl, my mouth was always landing me in trouble with my parents, my teachers.

PICARD: Your friends. There was someone called Tom Norris?

CRUSHER: That's right. I had one date with him which I brought to an abrupt halt with the words, is that a beard or

BOTH: Is your face dirty?

PICARD: There's something more. You're laughing, but actually you're embarrassed by that incident.

CRUSHER: Yes. I thought I was being cute but I really hurt him. That was a long time ago. I learned a valuable lesson.

PICARD: This sharing of thoughts and feelings is quite compelling.

CRUSHER: Very.



































DSC08916.JPG










http://www.chakoteya.net/NextGen/260.htm

Attached [ Star Trek: The Next Generation ]

Stardate: 47304.2

Original Airdate: 8 Nov, 1993


[Bridge]

RIKER: We've received word from Ambassador Mauric. He's ready to see you and Doctor Crusher.

[Picard's quarters]

PICARD: Inform him we're on our way. Thank you for breakfast.

CRUSHER: Wait until tomorrow. I have something very special planned. It's a Vulcan dish. That's all I'll say.

[Transporter room]

WORF: Captain. Doctor. I have the coordinates of Ambassador Mauric's chambers.

PICARD: Let's not keep them waiting, Mister Worf.

WORF: Enterprise to Kes Security Relay Station One. We're ready to commence transport.

KES [OC]: Acknowledged, Enterprise. We have lowered our defense shield.

WORF: Confirmed.

PICARD: Energise.

(Picard and Crusher are beamed away, and Worf starts to leave)

KES [OC]: This is Security Relay Station One. We are ready to receive your Captain and Medical Officer.

WORF: This is the Enterprise. We have completed the transport sequence. You should have them.

KES [OC]: Negative, Enterprise. They are not here.



































DSC08907.JPG










http://www.chakoteya.net/NextGen/260.htm

Attached [ Star Trek: The Next Generation ]

Stardate: 47304.2

Original Airdate: 8 Nov, 1993


[Cell]

(Picard wakes up on a hard floor)

PICARD: Beverly. Beverly.

CRUSHER: What happened?

PICARD: I don't know.

CRUSHER: The last thing I remember we were beginning to transport.

PICARD: I would assume we must be on Kesprytt. We're in some kind of prison cell. The question is, why? I can't imagine that Ambassador Mauric would have any reason to detain us.

CRUSHER: Jean-Luc.

PICARD: What is it?

CRUSHER: Let me see.

PICARD: What?

(there's something sticking out of the back of his neck)

CRUSHER: It looks like an implant. It seems to be connected directly to the brainstem.

(She's got one under her hair as well)

PICARD: Some kind of coercive device?

CRUSHER: Whatever it is I doubt it's designed for our health.

(the doors open and security in dark one-piece suits with hoods enter)

PICARD: What is going on here?

CRUSHER: If you tell us why you've taken us hostage, we might be able to

LORIN: (female) You are not hostages. You are prisoners.

PICARD: Prisoners on whose authority?

LORIN: You are being held under the authority of the Prytt Security Ministry. The charges are conspiring with the enemy.



































DSC08908.JPG



































DSC08909.JPG










http://www.chakoteya.net/NextGen/260.htm

Attached [ Star Trek: The Next Generation ]

Stardate: 47304.2

Original Airdate: 8 Nov, 1993


PICARD: Enemy? You mean the Kes.

LORIN: We're not fools. We are aware of the Federation attempt to establish a military alliance with the Kes. It will not be tolerated.

PICARD: Your information is incorrect. We have no plans to enter into any

LORIN: There is no point in trying to mislead us, Captain. The devices which have been implanted in your cerebral cortexes will soon be calibrated to your psi-wave pattern. At that time, we will be able to get all the information we need.



































DSC08910.JPG










From 6/8/1946 ( premiere US film "Treasures from Trash" ) To 11/8/1993 is 17320 days

17320 = 8660 + 8660

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 7/19/1989 ( Bill Gates-Microsoft-George Bush murders 111 passengers and crew of United Airlines Flight 232 and destroys the United Airlines Flight 232 aircraft because I was a passenger of United Airlines Flight 232 as United States Navy Petty Officer Second Class Kerry Wayne Burgess and I was assigned to maintain custody of a military prisoner of the United States ) is 8660 days



From 4/9/1986 ( --- ) To 11/8/1993 is 2770 days

2770 = 1385 + 1385

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/18/1969 ( premiere US film "Take the Money and Run" ) is 1385 days



From 4/3/1958 ( Alec Baldwin ) To 4/9/1986 ( --- ) is 10233 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 11/8/1993 is 10233 days



From 7/16/1963 ( Phoebe Cates the Harvard University graduate medical doctor and the world-famous actress and the wife of my biological brother Thomas Reagan ) To 7/22/1991 ( premiere US TV series episode "American Masters"::"A. Einstein: How I See the World" ) is 10233 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 11/8/1993 is 10233 days



From 4/10/1972 ( the beginning date of record of the 2nd United States Navy Medal of Honor for my biological brother Thomas Reagan circa 1972 the United States Navy Commander ) To 11/8/1993 is 7882 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 6/2/1987 ( premiere US film "The Untouchables" ) is 7882 days



From 4/13/1945 ( premiere US film "Two O'Clock Courage" ) To 4/19/1973 ( premiere US film "High Plains Drifter" ) is 10233 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 11/8/1993 is 10233 days



From 4/13/1945 ( premiere US film "Two O'Clock Courage" ) To 4/19/1973 ( premiere US film "Soylent Green" ) is 10233 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 11/8/1993 is 10233 days



From 8/23/1920 ( premiere US film "While New York Sleeps" ) To 9/4/1976 ( George Walker Bush the purveyor of illegal drugs strictly for his personal profit including the trafficking of massive amounts of cocaine into the United States arrested again by police in the United States ) is 20466 days

20466 = 10233 + 10233

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 11/8/1993 is 10233 days



From 3/4/1935 ( Franklin Roosevelt - Message to Congress on the United States Merchant Marine ) To 3/16/1991 ( my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate Columbia South Carolina ) is 20466 days

20466 = 10233 + 10233

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 11/8/1993 is 10233 days



From 2/24/1962 ( the US NASA Project Echo satellite test ) To 3/2/1990 ( premiere US film "The Hunt for Red October" ) is 10233 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 11/8/1993 is 10233 days



From 11/8/1993 To 9/11/2001 ( the scheduled terrorist attack by force of violence to destroy the New York City World Trade Center and the Headquarters of the United States Department of Defense "The Pentagon" by Bill Gates-Microsoft-Corbis-George Bush the cowardly violent criminal with massive fatalities and destruction ) is 2864 days

2864 = 1432 + 1432

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 10/4/1969 ( premiere US film "The Undefeated" ) is 1432 days



From 12/25/1971 ( George Walker Bush the purveyor of illegal drugs strictly for his personal profit including the trafficking of massive amounts of cocaine into the United States confined to federal prison in Mexico for illegally smuggling narcotics in Mexico ) To 11/8/1993 is 7989 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 9/17/1987 ( Ronald Reagan - Remarks at a Fund-raising Luncheon for Senator John Heinz in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania ) is 7989 days



[ See also: http://hvom.blogspot.com/2015/02/allegiance-thursday.html ]
[ See also: http://hvom.blogspot.com/2015/02/attached-08-november-1993.html ]


http://www.chron.com/CDA/archives/archive.mpl?id=1993_1164693

Paper: HOUSTON CHRONICLE

Date: TUE 11/09/1993

Governor hopeful Bush: Look past personalities

By ALAN BERNSTEIN, R.G. RATCLIFFE

Staff

Fledgling gubernatorial candidate George W. Bush, priming for battle with personally popular incumbent Ann Richards, urged voters on Monday to look beyond personalities in the governor's race.

"Our leaders should be judged by results, not by entertaining personalities or clever sound bites," Bush told about 300 supporters in Houston as he formally launched his campaign for governor.



http://www.tv.com/shows/star-trek-the-next-generation/attached-19146/

tv.com


Star Trek: The Next Generation Season 7 Episode 8

Attached

Aired Unknown Nov 08, 1993 on CBS

Stardate: 47304.2 While on a a diplomatic mission, Dr. Crusher and Picard are captured and imprisoned. As a result, they are linked together via a telepathic device.

AIRED: 11/8/93










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/H/Hunt_For_Red_October_CD1.html


Hunt For Red October


You ever do this before?
Once. On a calm day... off Hawaii.
The pilot will have a difficult time keeping steady.
Don't take chances getting grounded.
Keep that rod in front of you.
In air like this,
the rotors will put out enough static electricity
to light up Chicago.
That's why I joined the Navy.
A diver's in the escape trunk
in case this guy goes in the drink.
Someone must have a burr up his ass
to go for a stunt like this.
All right. Ready! Ready!
Get your hook up!
Commander, if I got to bring you back up,
I'm going to shake the wire.
I'll give you a thumbs up, like this.
Remember to cross your arms.
Got it? OK. Out you go. Passenger's out the door.
Passenger's halfway down, drifting forward.
Start forward.
All right, Tommy. Get the hook on his cable.
On his cable. Now, watch it.
Don't touch him. OK, here he comes.
Oh, no!
It would be easier without that bloody crosswind.
Where is he? I can't see him.
Don't touch him!
Jack! Jack! Jack!
This is never going to work.
OK, reel him back in.
Tony, what's going on back...
What happened? Dallas, have you got a swimmer standing?
Emergency stop! Man overboard!
Port side! Send out the diver!










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099810/quotes

IMDb


The Hunt for Red October (1990)

Quotes


Jack Ryan: [to himself, imitating Ramius] "Ryan, some things in here don't react well to bullets." Yeah, like me. I don't react well to bullets.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094226/releaseinfo

IMDb


The Untouchables (1987)

Release Info

USA 2 June 1987 (New York City, New York) (premiere)



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094226/fullcredits

IMDb


The Untouchables (1987)

Full Cast & Crew


Kevin Costner ... Eliot Ness
Robert De Niro ... Al Capone










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094226/quotes

IMDb


The Untouchables (1987)

Quotes


Ness: Never stop, never stop fighting till the fight is done.

Capone: What'd you say? What're you saying?

Ness: I said, "Never stop fighting till the fight is done."

Capone: What?

Ness: You heard me, Capone. It's over.

Capone: [sneering] Get out, you're nothing but a lot of talk and a badge.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 08/16/08 12:20 AM


I was thinking of how my wife Phoebe was showing off to my grandmother a collection of art I had created for her over the years such as medallions and so on. In one case though I had given her the medal of a Navy Cross I had received during the Vietnam War and I created an elaborate cover story for explaining where I got that item and I never did tell her that the item was a Navy Cross medal and I am not certain if she ever figured that out. So anyway, the story was elaborate and I told her among the details that I was overseas sometime around the timeframe of 1970 or earlier or later and I got that item from a shoebox a woman gave that included some items such as a wristwatch and other items and that woman was named Charlie. My grandmother pondered that detail and never did elaborate on what that meant to her but they did talk a lot afterwards and I guess my grandmother was interested in all the other stories associated with the art I had created for my wife.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 16 August 2008 excerpt ends]










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094226/quotes

IMDb


The Untouchables (1987)

Quotes


Capone: I want you to get this fuck where he breathes! I want you to find this nancy-boy Eliot Ness, I want him DEAD! I want his family DEAD! I want his house burned to the GROUND! I wanna go there in the middle of the night and I wanna PISS ON HIS ASHES!










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 6:31 PM Thursday, March 08, 2012


Fluke Variable


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 08 March 2012 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 6:29 PM Friday, March 02, 2012


I'm on a Mexican radio whoa-oh radio





Dump the Broad Street, Dr. Rush.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 02 March 2012 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 4:33 PM Saturday, March 03, 2012


I wonder if I am seeing the track forming for a Hurricane Hugo.





Triangles and radio antennas and stainless screws and parks near where I used to live.

It's following me and I am seeing those details in my dreams when I sleep.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 03 March 2012 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 12:19 AM Monday, March 05, 2012


Well, you're going to get what you want. The people you cowardly want to follow will literally cause your demise.





In the few minutes after I had constructed the information for this note I had decided to drop the whole thing and just ignore the impulse to make this note and to unpause the DVD and to continue watching the DVD.

After those few minutes passed though I decided to make this post and there was one specific reason I decided to make this post. The specific reason is the dialog about the Mexican food.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 05 March 2012 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 1:36 PM Tuesday, March 06, 2012


Insanity school.





I think I just graduated.

In a dream I awoke from while sleeping this morning I saw myself again in United States Marine Corps training. I saw my name and rank of Chief Warrant Officer 2 on a scorecard. My name wasn't so much visible but I had the sense that was my listing. The Chief Warrant Officer 2 was clearly visible though and I knew in the dream that was about me.

I was disappointed because my standing on the exam was 5th place of 8.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 06 March 2012 excerpt ends]










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=red-dawn

Springfield! Springfield!


Red Dawn (1984)


You got a family?
I don't know.
They got caught behind the lines
down in Texas.
I like to think they're alive,
but I hear stories
about what they're doing to civilians.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 6:04 PM Tuesday, March 06, 2012


What the hell happened to my mind?





God, that is confusing. I read back through my notes, specifically now that time period, and I keep referring to myself as different people. Sometimes I am writing as though I am Thomas Reagan, other times, I am someone else. I don't think that until the summer of 2011, did I start to think of myself again as the real Kerry Burgess. I have been trying to determine if there was another one of those days where I just woke up and starting thinking of myself as someone different.

Oh sure, that is a serious mental health problem. To have such identity problems.

But why did I break out of it? My understanding of that kind of serious mental health problem is that the condition only gets worse. I got better. So what caused it? Something caused it and then I broke out of whatever caused my mental health problem. I stopped taking that medication from the University of Washington and the Seattle VA hospital in the year 2006. Up until the year 2005 when I started taking their medication, because I was cooperating, I never for one minute had any thoughts that I was Thomas Reagan. I always knew I was the real Kerry Wayne Burgess. I had no problems with my sense of identity.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 06 March 2012 excerpt ends]










http://www.chakoteya.net/NextGen/260.htm

Attached [ Star Trek: The Next Generation ]

Stardate: 47304.2

Original Airdate: 8 Nov, 1993


CRUSHER: So much for that being a fluke.

PICARD: It was a strange sensation. Suddenly having these thoughts appear in my mind.

CRUSHER: If you sensed a fear of heights, you sensed pretty accurately.

PICARD: Come on, you've done this before. It's just like on a holodeck. One step at a time, just climbing steadily and slowly.

CRUSHER: Right.










http://www.chakoteya.net/NextGen/260.htm

Attached [ Star Trek: The Next Generation ]

Stardate: 47304.2

Original Airdate: 8 Nov, 1993


CRUSHER: I think our link is getting stronger.

PICARD: Maybe if we put some distance between us, that might weaken it. Not that I'm growing tired of hearing your most intimate thoughts.

CRUSHER: Certainly not.

(they separate, then start to stagger)

CRUSHER: Jean-Luc.

PICARD: What happened?

CRUSHER: I was suddenly overcome with a wave of nausea.

PICARD: Me, too.

CRUSHER: There's nothing wrong with either of us. Maybe the air is toxic.

(she moves away again, then back quickly)

PICARD: The same thing. But when you moved back toward me it got better. Well, it seems as if we're stuck with each other.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 7:03 PM Monday, October 08, 2007


From 7/21/1987 to 4/16/1996 ("This Is a Long Drive for Someone with Nothing to Think About") is: 3192 days

3192 = 1596 + 1596

From 3/3/1959 to 7/16/1963 is: 1596 days

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_Is_a_Long_Drive_for_Someone_with_Nothing_to_Think_About

This Is a Long Drive for Someone with Nothing to Think About is the first proper full-length album by indie rock band Modest Mouse. The album was released under Up Records on April 16, 1996, on both Compact Disc and vinyl LP. The vinyl LP release contains two extra tracks.

Track listing

"Dramamine" – 5:42
"Breakthrough" – 4:06
"Custom Concern" – 4:28
"Might" – 1:31
"Lounge" – 6:33
"Beach Side Property" – 6:59
"She Ionizes & Atomizes" – 4:21
"Head South" – 4:22
"Dog Paddle" – 2:02
"Novocain Stain" – 3:42
"Tundra/Desert" – 5:24
"Ohio" – 6:01
"Exit Does Not Exist" – 4:57
"Talking Shit About a Pretty Sunset" – 5:50
"Make Everyone Happy/Mechanical Birds" – 6:04
"Space Travel Is Boring" – 1:53


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 08 October 2007 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 11:48 PM Thursday, May 08, 2008


http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/modestmouse/spacetravelisboring.html

MODEST MOUSE LYRICS

"Space Travel Is Boring"

Won herself a pass to some far off moon
It was second class but what's to lose
And looking out her window she could more than assume
That you can't see air or time
She's the only rocketeer in the whole damn place
They gave her a mirror so she could talk to a face
She still got plenty lonely but that's just the case
With time, time, time
Started hearing voices sometime in June
She knew she could go crazy but didn't think that soon
Now she doesn't feel lonely but she'd just as soon
Try, try, try try
Man shot to the moon
I read a paperback and want to come home soon
I'm shot to the moon
Been there a half an hour, I want to come home soon


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 08 May 2008 excerpt ends]










http://www.army.mil/cmh/html/moh/vietnam-m-z.html


NORRIS, THOMAS R.

Rank and organization: Lieutenant, U.S. Navy, SEAL Advisor, Strategic Technical Directorate Assistance Team, Headquarters, U.S. Military Assistance Command. Place and date: Quang Tri Province, Republic of Vietnam, 10 to 13 April 1972. Entered service at: Silver Spring, Md. Born: 14 January 1944, Jacksonville, Fla. Citation: Lt. Norris completed an unprecedented ground rescue of 2 downed pilots deep within heavily controlled enemy territory in Quang Tri Province. Lt. Norris, on the night of 10 April, led a 5-man patrol through 2,000 meters of heavily controlled enemy territory, located 1 of the downed pilots at daybreak, and returned to the Forward Operating Base (FOB). On 11 April, after a devastating mortar and rocket attack on the small FOB, Lt. Norris led a 3-man team on 2 unsuccessful rescue attempts for the second pilot. On the afternoon of the 12th, a forward air controller located the pilot and notified Lt. Norris. Dressed in fishermen disguises and using a sampan, Lt. Norris and 1 Vietnamese traveled throughout that night and found the injured pilot at dawn. Covering the pilot with bamboo and vegetation, they began the return journey, successfully evading a North Vietnamese patrol. Approaching the FOB, they came under heavy machinegun fire. Lt. Norris called in an air strike which provided suppression fire and a smoke screen, allowing the rescue party to reach the FOB. By his outstanding display of decisive leadership, undaunted courage, and selfless dedication in the face of extreme danger, Lt. Norris enhanced the finest traditions of the U.S. Naval Service.



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_R._Norris


Nickname: Tommy, Ratso

Place of birth: Jacksonville, Florida

Allegiance: United States Navy

Battles/wars: Vietnam War

Awards: Medal of Honor

Other work: FBI agent

Thomas R. Norris, USN (Retired) (born 14 January 1944) is a retired a U.S. Navy SEAL awarded the Medal of Honor for his ground rescue of two downed pilots in Quang Tri Province, Vietnam on April 10-April 13, 1972. At the time of the action, Lieutenant Norris was a SEAL Advisor with the Strategic Technical Directorate Assistance Team.










http://www.chakoteya.net/NextGen/260.htm

Attached [ Star Trek: The Next Generation ]

Stardate: 47304.2

Original Airdate: 8 Nov, 1993


CRUSHER: Well, at least this means we won't starve to death.

PICARD: It means they plan on keeping us here for a while.

CRUSHER: I'm beginning to think negatively, Jean-Luc.

(she takes the cover off the plate)

CRUSHER: My tricorder!

PICARD: Does it work?

CRUSHER: Yes. Except something's been added to the main directory.

PICARD: It's a map.

CRUSHER: An escape route. That guard must be working for the Kes.

PICARD: Possibly. Or it could be part of a very carefully laid trap.

CRUSHER: If you ask me, I'd like to take my chances out there.

PICARD: Agreed. Is there a way to open the cell door?

CRUSHER: Yes, the code's been entered.

(the door opens, there's no one around, and off they go)

[Observation lounge]

MAURIC: Commander, on behalf of my government, I would like to take this opportunity to present my profound apologies regarding this unfortunate incident.

RIKER: That's very kind, Ambassador. But I don't think anyone here holds you or the Kes government responsible for what's happened.

TROI: Our primary concern is not to assign blame, but to recover our missing officers.

MAURIC: I agree. We are prepared to insert a hostage rescue team










http://www.azlyrics.com/k/killers.html

AZ

THE KILLERS

album: "Day & Age" (2008)



http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/killers/spaceman.html


THE KILLERS


"Spaceman"


That was one lonely night



































DSC08477.JPG



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 1:42 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Monday 23 February 2015