Thursday, February 05, 2015

Carolina




I remember this.

Very probably the night of Friday 28 September 2001 I'm guessing based on associated facts I still recall.

The night in one of my many familiar prior hometowns of Charlotte North Carolina and the night before my pre-sunrise commercial airline flight back to Seattle Washington State and across the lake to my suburban apartment in the downtown of the City of Bellevue.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 09:21:18 -0800 (PST)

From: "Kerry Burgess"

Subject: Captain's sleep journal. Stardate 8456734.7654.908756.123.45328

To: "Kerry Burgess"


He asked me something about processor affinity and I said that I thought it was possible, but on further research, I told him I must have dreamed it. He looked like that was funny.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 05 February 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/h/harts-war-script-transcript.html

Hart's War


Maybe you can help me decipher some of this code...
coming through the BBC tonight, yeah?
I don't think you need my help, Colonel.
Seems pretty clear what they're saying.
It would seem so.
Or perhaps it's all propaganda.





http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/h/harts-war-script-transcript.html

Hart's War


Why don't you and I take a walk out on your compound...
and have ourselves an old-fashioned duel?
That would be fitting, wouldn't it?
But surely you can think of a more clever way...
out of this camp than that, yes?
You think the war will wait for you, is that it, Colonel?
It won't, you know. They never do.
You're drunk.
Yeah.
But I'm seeing things very clearly.
You know, sometimes I think your Lieutenant Scott...
might have been better off in Alabama.
Lynchings are over in minutes.
The kind of justice he's suffering here is far crueler.
Is that why you gave Lieutenant Hart the manual?
I was merely trying to help the lad.
He's got enough to worry about...
without providing you with amusement.
Yes.
He's got you to worry about, hasn't he?
Stay out of our business.
Forgive me, Colonel, but you're hardly...
in a position to hand out orders.
Especially to me.
For now.
Unless, of course, you think that's just...
the sound of propaganda falling out there.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 8:44 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Thursday 05 February 2015