Wednesday, February 25, 2015

"Oh I never should have said, the books that you read"




Wow. This really takes me back. I have written about this before but I cannot recall the last time I actually listened to this music.

The way I remember it I had a CD of that album back in the early 1990s. The way I remember it I got out of the Navy, was living and working in Greenville South Carolina, moved to a duplex apartment I really liked on a street Wexford, financed too much for that red 1990 Mazda RX-7 sports car, bought a stereo system I really liked along with the "Best of The Doors" and a Depeche Mode collection and sometime not long after I bought that CD for The Sundays that I listened to often in that apartment on Wexford.

I can still remember a photo I took of my television and bookshelf in that first apartment I had in Greenville and I can recall what VCR cassette video was paused on the photo and the only book I can recall on the bookshelf was a software programmers manual for Ada. I always remember that.














https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq9x-ff0fXs&list=PL5zbGEFzJR5kcy5dAsIpQSHHLp4ME_TDz

You Tube


The Sundays - "Here's Where The Story Ends"










http://www.azlyrics.com/s/sundays.html

AZ

THE SUNDAYS

album: "Reading, Writing, And Arithmetic" (1990)



http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/sundays/hereswherethestoryends.html


THE SUNDAYS

"Here's Where The Story Ends"

People I know, places I go
Make me feel tongue tied
I can see how, people look down
They're on the inside

Here's where the story ends

People I see, weary of me
Showing my good side
I can see how, people look down
I'm on the outside

Here's, where the story ends
Ooh here's, where the story ends

It's that little souvenir, of a terrible year
Which makes my eyes feel sore
Oh I never should have said, the books that you read
Were all I loved you for
It's that little souvenir, of a terrible year
Which makes me wonder why
And it's the memories of the shed, that make me turn red
Surprise, surprise, surprise

Crazy I know, places I go
Make me feel so tired
I can see how people look down
I'm on the outside

Here's, where the story ends
Ooh here's, where the story ends

It's that little souvenir, of a terrible year
Which makes my eyes feel sore
And who ever would've thought, the books that you brought
Were all I loved you for
Oh the devil in me said, go down to the shed
I know where I belong
But the only thing I ever really wanted to say
Was wrong, was wrong, was wrong

It's that little souvenir, of a colorful year
Which makes me smile inside
So I cynically, cynically say, the world is that way
Surprise, surprise, surprise, surprise, surprise

Here's, where the story ends
Ooh here's, where the story ends










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Barry_(naval_officer)


John Barry (naval officer)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

John Barry (March 25, 1745 – September 13, 1803) was an officer in the Continental Navy during the American Revolutionary War and later in the United States Navy. He is widely credited as "The Father of the American Navy" (and shares that moniker with John Paul Jones) and was appointed a captain in the Continental Navy on December 7, 1775. He was the first captain placed in command of a US warship commissioned for service under the Continental flag.

After the war, he became America's first commissioned naval officer, at the rank of commodore, receiving his commission from President George Washington in 1797.


Early life and education

Barry was born on March 25, 1745, in Tacumshane, County Wexford, Ireland.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 04:44 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Wednesday 25 February 2015