Tuesday, May 05, 2015

Vermont




Reading that article just now reminds me of a blog post I made a few days again.

My images clearly are a double rainbow.

The notion of a triple rainbow was never obvious to my conscious mind but reading that article, and the referenced links, stoked the notion that I did image a triple rainbow.

I looked back at my published and unpublished images and I see no evidence I captured a triple rainbow.

Thinking more about it I note to myself I wasn't imaging the section of the sky where the outermost illusion optical of a triple rainbow would appear in the sky. As I wrote, the notion was not obvious in my conscious awareness.

I looked closer at one image and that image made me wonder though if I did capture a true triple rainbow.

My skepticism tells me that was a result of a structure on my patio.

And then I skeptically wonder if that is true. And I wonder if the 5x zoom and the reduced exposure of this image would have been affected by that roof structure.

I won't check it today but on some cloudy day about the same time of day, if I remember, I am going to try to reproduce that angle of that image.

The operative detail is that there might be a shadow on the image that coincidentally causes a shadow in the upper right hand side of the image and that roof structure just happens to cause a rounded-off appearance in the image because it is zoomed in.

My theory is the shadow in the upper-right hand side then causes the mind to *perceive* the arc of the outermost ring that could be a triple rainbow.

The more I look at 9600 though I have to wonder. I mean, that's a $80 digital camera. Sony Cybershot is well beyond my personal expectations for such an inexpensive camera rated at 16 megapixels and that I have used to my personal satisfaction now for two years. But that is hardly the kind of professional quality I would expect from professional photographers. Perhaps a professional photographer would recognize there a triple rainbow. I don't know.

This also reminds me of something I was noting about the images I was capturing in the internet of the Seattle Times website camera of the Seattle Space Needle but I don't recall if I recorded anything about in my notes. I used to look at that all the time stuck in my claustrophobic apartment all those years recently in the Seattle suburbs before I moved away to here on the desert's fringe.

Damn I need some sleep. 01:47 AM. I always remember when I get up and look around corners in my dark apartment and I calculate the time because I just have to force myself to sleep a specific time period ever day. I snapped awake and I was annoyed for a long time because I could not fall back to sleep and I really needed the sleep because I had already been awake for too long and I have not been asleep since then and I still do not feel sleepy.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: - - posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 8:39 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Saturday 25 April 2015 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2015/04/brought-it-up-to-me-like-room-service.html


DSC09600.JPG


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 25 April 2015 excerpt ends]



































DSC09600.JPG



































DSC09721.JPG










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: - posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 7:03 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Monday 25 August 2014 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2014/08/west-point.html


West Point



I had to look it up to find it again. I took the bus from there and I walked around the neighborhood sometimes but I had no idea where it was even located there inside the Seattle city limits. Man, that sure does take me back. Shuffling around those Seattle city streets around that place they had me living as a homeless shelter. I remember how important watching the television news was for me everyday. I remember the first few minutes I was in there after the VA hospital discharged me from the mental health unit on 27 June 2005 and I was still doped up by the psychiatrists and the way I remember it the social workers hurried me out a side door and they drove me in a car to The Theodora and in that first few minutes I walked into the television area and there are a lot of chairs there and the first thing I noted was a National Geographic magazine with the first space shuttle flight on the cover of the magazine from 1981.

I was there at The Theodora for a while and then they told me I could move to the Shoreline Homeless Veterans shelter and then they kicked me out to the Compass Center in downtown Seattle where I lived for 300 days and then the Shoreline homeless shelter let me back in but only if I agreed to take more VA hospital dope, which I did, and then I was there for a while and when I could finally choose a place to live on my own I moved to the Vermont Inn-Apartments in downtown Seattle near the Space Needle and I remember that on Christmas Day 2006 I was still in that homeless shelter in Shoreline but by New Years Eve 2006, just a few days later, I had already moved into the Vermont and I sat there on the roof-top deck and watched the spectacular fireworks from the Space Needle a couple blocks away.










http://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsandDiary/Factfiles/TheDukeofEdinburgh.aspx

The official website of The British Monarchy


90 facts about The Duke of Edinburgh

A list of 90 key facts about The Duke of Edinburgh


3. The Duke had four older sisters; Margarita (1905-1981) who married Count Gotfried of Hohenlohe-Langenburg; Theodora (1906-1969) who married Prince Berthold of Baden


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 25 August 2014 excerpt ends]










http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/1.01_%22Children_Of_The_Gods_Part_1%22_Transcript

STARGATE WIKI


1.01 "Children Of The Gods Part 1"


O'NEILL
(to Skaara)
What'd he say?

SKAARA
They're going to choose.

CARTER
Choose what?

SKAARA
Who will be the children of the gods.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: ----- Original Message ----

From: The Vermont Inn-Apartments

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Monday, November 13, 2006 2:50:12 PM

Subject: inexpensive furnished studio apartments by the Space Needle

The Vermont Inn-Apartments

2721 Fourth Avenue Seattle, WA 98121

November 13, 2006

Dear Kerry,

We have some apartments we rent on a six month minimum lease. They are our least expensive apartments, and are all furnished studio apartments. Our building is approximately twelve years old, and is located in downtown Seattle, about a block and a half from the Space Needle. Our apartments are all top notch as far as being very new, clean, safe and secure. They are all efficiencies (fairly small). They are all for single occupancy (guests are, of course, welcome, but no roommates). The rents currently range from $545 to $695 on these units, depending on the apartment. Most are in the middle of that range ($595-$650). The rents include all utilities! I believe my December vacancies have been filled; subsequently, my next available rental will probably be the beginning of January. Our security deposit is $300 (100% refundable), and we charge first month's rent at move-in (no "first and last").

There is an application and background check with our rentals. The biggest qualifications are: 1) that your rental background (whatever it is) is 100% positive (no evictions, or owing previous complexes money, though first time renters are usually okay) 2) that we can verify that your employment or income puts you in the $10,000 to $32,000 range annually (no more, rarely less) 3) full-time students are not eligible and 4) that you don't have a background (criminal or otherwise) which might make you a risk to any of our other tenants. If you have any additional questions please call (or fax, write, or email) anytime. We show example apartments (depending on availability) from 9 to 8, every day, without an appointment, or you may call for an evening appointment. It's a secured building, so just knock or ring the doorbell when you arrive. Thank you for your interest, and good luck.

Sincerely,

The Vermont Inn-Apartments


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 13 November 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/F/Flight_Of_The_Intruder_CD1_1991.html


Flight Of The Intruder


250... 200.
Things are coming alive.
Yeah, we got restart.
Yeah, you beautiful, wonderful little aerodynamic wonder, you.
Yeah!
Whoo! Flow with it, yeah!
This is X-Ray 201 and 2.
We have your bandit in tow.
He's ours, gentlemen.



































DSC00239.JPG










http://www.komonews.com/weather/blogs/scott/3-rainbows-in-one-photograph-What-does-it-mean-Hint-Theres-water-302607931.html

KOMO


3 rainbows? What does it all mean?!?!? (Hint: There's water)

By Scott Sistek Published: May 5, 2015 at 12:03 PM PDT Last Updated: May 5, 2015 at 12:47 PM PDT


When one (or two) rainbows just won't do, head to Orcas Island during a rain storm.

At least that was the case Monday evening when Donna Means snapped this photo showing three rainbows!

Three rainbows? Aren't those super, super rare?

A triple rainbow, yes. Three rainbows? Not so much.

A true "triple rainbow" -- where you get a reflection of a reflection of the primary rainbow, has only been photographed a handful of times. This is something a bit different.

The two arcs that parallel each other are a traditional double rainbow. That third arc that's a bit askew and seems to go vertically off the water? That's called a "reflection rainbow " being created by a virtual second sun -- namely sunlight reflecting off the calm waters of Harney Channel. (And I'm not sure, but it almost looks like there is a very faint 4th rainbow to the right of the second one -- perhaps a reflection off the reflection bow?)

These kind of "2+1" rainbows are not too uncommon with all the water around here (although it needs to be fairly calm waters. Choppy water won't get the mirror-like sun reflections as well). You just have to be in the right spot at the right time at the right angle (well, not "right angle" as in 90 degrees, but like "correct" angle) to see them.

No word if any of those ferry riders found random pots of gold waiting hidden up on deck.

[ KOMO - Partly to Mostly Bloggin' ]



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 5:08 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Tuesday 05 May 2015