Friday, September 27, 2019

Have Fun while spewing your pollution, motorists.



Earliest I've seen snow around here in the 7 consecutive winters I've lived in Spokane, assuming it actually happens, which I suspect it will.

Before September 2019, the earliest I had seen snowfall around here was October 13, 2017. I was proud of myself for getting still photos of it, unimpressive as it was. There was no accumulation and I don't think I've seen any snowfall accumulation around here before November 5th, back in 2013, but I have watched several instances of snowfall here in the month of October. My technique for imaging makes it almost now, in these present days, look as though it was graupel, something I had never heard of before Spokane, but the way I remember it, the precipitation was wet snowflakes on 10/13/2017. I've seen graupel enough now to know the difference and those were snowflakes.

Unimpressive here, where the average accumulated snowfall is 4 *feet* each winter. Last winter was 53 inches recorded at the Spokane airport.

Impressive in South Carolina, as best I can now recall, being away from there now for many years.

The way I remember it, in South Carolina, that weak snowfall would have caused the residents to storm the grocery stores. As people often insist, after a few flakes begin dropping, the grocery stores across the region would be picked clean of milk and white bread.







twitter_thomas-patrick-krem_09-27-2019_1.jpg





https://twitter.com/KREM2

Twitter

KREM 2 NEWS

Verified account

@KREM2

Covers the latest news, weather & sports around the Inland Northwest. Based in #Spokane, Wash.

KREM 2 NEWS Retweeted

https://twitter.com/ThomasPatrickWx/status/1177689545669656576

Thomas Patrick

Verified account

@ThomasPatrickWx

Meteorologist for Spokane, Washington's CBS affiliate KREM.

2:00 PM - 27 Sep 2019

WINTER STORM WARNING issued until 5pm Sunday. Heavy snow and high winds to hit are mountain passes. Spokane to see a wet/slushy snow Sunday morning.









2017October13_Chloe55-200_DSC01701.jpg, Kerry Burgess 10/13/2017 Spokane



2017October13_Chloe55-200_DSC01709.jpg, Kerry Burgess 10/13/2017 Spokane



- posted by Kerry Burgess 2:49 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Friday 09/27/2019