Sunday, September 08, 2019

Observations convenient



1975 film "Three Days of the Condor" DVD video:

01:48:24

Joubert: It will happen this way. You may be walking. Maybe the first sunny day of the spring. And a car will slow beside you, and a door will open








https://hvom.blogspot.com/2019/08/more-work-predictable.html

Posted by Kerry Burgess at 8:31 PM

Number 878: The Farthest Man From Home

I am Kerry Burgess. This is what I think.

Friday, August 16, 2019

More work. Predictable.

A lot of times I wonder if they're trying to get some attention focused on a person that's around them.

They know I'm a blogger.

They know I've been blogging constantly since the year 2005.

They know I don't need to use any sort of trade-craft.

I'm not using dead-drops, or whatever their lingo, for communicating clandestinely.

[ excerpt ends Posted by Kerry Burgess at 8:31 PM Friday, August 16, 2019 ]








https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/documents/remarks-the-dedication-ceremony-for-new-facilities-the-national-security-agency-fort-meade

The American Presidency Project

RONALD REAGAN

40th President of the United States: 1981 ‐ 1989

Remarks at the Dedication Ceremony for New Facilities at the National Security Agency at Fort Meade, Maryland

September 26, 1986

I'm delighted to be here today—and by the way, I mentioned to General Odom and Bill Casey the unseasonably warm weather predictions for today, but they told me to wear my trench coat anyway. [Laughter] And then when I asked for directions to this great new building, all they would say is: "Mr. President, leave the White House, go to 17th and K, and wait for the phone to ring." [Laughter]

I even offered to bring over some White House cuff links as souvenirs for all of you, but I was told you prefer the NSA cuff links—you can tune in the Redskins game. [Laughter] But, ladies and gentlemen, I didn't come here today to tell you a lot of "speak into the potted plant" jokes. I do have some fairly high-grade intelligence, though. We've just learned that from now on KGB agents have been ordered to do all their work in groups of three: One agent to take notes and write the report and the other two to keep an eye on the intellectual. [Laughter]








http://www.simpsonsarchive.com/episodes/3F09.html

Two Bad Neighbors [ The Simpsons television series episode ]

Original airdate in N.A.: 14-Jan-96

Bart: {Did your Secret Service goons ever whack anyone, George?}

George: [indignant] You know, in my day, little boys didn't call their elders by their first name.

Bart: Yeah? Well, welcome to the 20th century, _George_.

George: {[muttering] I'll kick you right out of the 20th century,} you little --

The next day, Homer speed off to Krusty Burger.

Homer: Oh, man: I've only got one minute 'till they stop serving those breakfast balls!

[stops behind Bush at the drive thru]

George: Let's see, now...what do you folks have here, huh? Hmm, a "Krusty Burger"...that doesn't sound too appetizing. What kind of stew do you have today?

Kid: [through order box] Uh...we don't have stew.

[Homer honks impatiently]

Ray: Sir, why don't you just have the cheeseburger?

George: Aw, that's really more of a weekend thing, Ray.

Homer: Hey, jerk! Move your fanny!

George: That guy's louder than World War II. Ray, go see what the rhubarb is, will you?





[Ray goes back toward Homer's car]

Ray: Sir, could you pop your hood?

[Homer does so; Ray disables the horn]

Homer: Hey: my taxes paid for that horn!








From 4/16/1959 ( premiere US TV series "The Lawless Years" ) To 9/8/2019 is 22060 days

22060 = 11030 + 11030

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 1/14/1996 ( premiere US TV episode "The Simpsons"::"Two Bad Neighbors" ) is 11030 days



From 10/28/1994 ( premiere US film "Stargate" ) To 9/8/2019 is 9081 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 9/13/1990 ( premiere US TV series "Law & Order" ) is 9081 days



From 6/7/1979 ( Anne McClain ) To 9/8/2019 is 14703 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 2/3/2006 ( referenced in previous posts of text by me ) is 14703 days



From 6/7/1979 ( Anne McClain ) To 9/8/2019 is 14703 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 2/3/2006 ( premiere US TV series episode "Battlestar Galactica"::"Scar" ) is 14703 days








http://www.simpsonsarchive.com/episodes/3F09.html

Two Bad Neighbors [ The Simpsons television series episode ]

Original airdate in N.A.: 14-Jan-96

Bart shows up in the Bush garden.

Bart: Why, hello, Mrs. Bush!

Barbara: Hi, Bart! Mr. Bush is upstairs napping.

Bart: You know, your husband's awful grumpy.

Barbara: Oh, that's just his way; he really likes you. You know, it's time for him to get up and work on his memoirs. Why don't you go wake him?

[a loud horn note blasts]

George: [waking suddenly] Great Scot, don't touch that! That's the alpenhorn Helmut Kohl gave me.

Bart: [dropping it] Where'd you get those pyjamas?

George: They're presidential pyjamas. You have to be President, and you're not President!

Bart: Yes I am.

George: [stammers] No, you're not!








http://www.deseretnews.com/top/103/3/My-opponents-youth-and-inexperience-Ronald-Reagans-10-best-quotes.html

Deseret News

Ronald Reagan's 10 best quotes

By Michael De Groote, Deseret News

Published: Monday, Feb. 7 2011 10:25 a.m. MST

#8 My opponent's youth and inexperience

"I want you to know that also I will not make age an issue of this campaign. I am not going to exploit, for political purposes, my opponent's youth and inexperience."

October 21, 1984: In the second presidential debate with candidate Walter Mondale, Reagan was grilled over his age by Henry "Hank" Trewhitt of the Baltimore Sun. "You already are the oldest President in history, and some of your staff say you were tired after your most recent encounter with Mr. Mondale. I recall, yes, that President Kennedy, who had to go for days on end with very little sleep during the Cuba missile crisis. Is there any doubt in your mind that you would be able to function in such circumstances?" Reagan replied, "Not at all, Mr. Trewhitt and I want you to know that also I will not make age an issue of this campaign. I am not going to exploit for political purposes my opponent's youth and inexperience."








excerpt from my private journal as Kerry Burgess: : year 2006, before May

I have also been remembering that time in Ashdown High School when I was running for Class President. Consistent with Tapesty, I was elected my Junior year, but did not get elected my Senior. I was campaigning hard for re-election though, explaining to all that they should vote for experience.








https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerald_Ford

Gerald Ford

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gerald Rudolph Ford Jr. (born Leslie Lynch King Jr.; July 14, 1913 – December 26, 2006) was an American politician who served as the 38th president of the United States from August 1974 to January 1977. Before his accession to the presidency, Ford served as the 40th vice president of the United States from December 1973 to August 1974. Ford is the only person to have served as both vice president and president without being elected to either office

Sea duty

After Ford applied for sea duty, he was sent in May 1943 to the pre-commissioning detachment for the new aircraft carrier USS Monterey (CVL-26), at New York Shipbuilding Corporation, Camden, New Jersey. From the ship's commissioning on June 17, 1943, until the end of December 1944, Ford served as the assistant navigator, Athletic Officer, and antiaircraft battery officer on board the Monterey. While he was on board, the carrier participated in many actions in the Pacific Theater with the Third and Fifth Fleets in late 1943 and 1944. In 1943, the carrier helped secure Makin Island in the Gilberts, and participated in carrier strikes against Kavieng, New Ireland in 1943. During the spring of 1944, the Monterey supported landings at Kwajalein and Eniwetok and participated in carrier strikes in the Marianas, Western Carolines, and northern New Guinea, as well as in the Battle of the Philippine Sea. After an overhaul, from September to November 1944, aircraft from the Monterey launched strikes against Wake Island, participated in strikes in the Philippines and Ryukyus, and supported the landings at Leyte and Mindoro.

Although the ship was not damaged by the Empire of Japan's forces, the Monterey was one of several ships damaged by Typhoon Cobra that hit Admiral William Halsey's Third Fleet on December 18–19, 1944. The Third Fleet lost three destroyers and over 800 men during the typhoon. The Monterey was damaged by a fire, which was started by several of the ship's aircraft tearing loose from their cables and colliding on the hangar deck. During the storm, Ford narrowly avoided becoming a casualty himself. As he was going to his battle station on the bridge of the ship in the early morning of December 18, the ship rolled twenty-five degrees, which caused Ford to lose his footing and slide toward the edge of the deck. The two-inch steel ridge around the edge of the carrier slowed him enough so he could roll, and he twisted into the catwalk below the deck. As he later stated, "I was lucky; I could have easily gone overboard."

Ford was serving as General Quarters Officer of the Deck and was ordered to go below to assess the raging fire. He did so safely, and reported his findings back to the ship's commanding officer, Captain Stuart H. Ingersoll. The ship's crew was able to contain the fire, and the ship got underway again.








From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Friday, June 9, 2006 9:26 PM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Re: Journal June 9, 2006, Supplemental

Kerry Burgess wrote:

I am wondering if I was the Senior Class President at the Naval Academy. That may be why my memory has that occurence where I was the Junior Class President at Ashdown. Tim Reed joked that he had written in Mickey Mouse as a candidate because no one would run against me that junior year at Ashdown. A teacher commented that the ballot, with my name as the only contestant, was representative of the voting in Russia.








excerpt from my private journal as Kerry Burgess: 11/05/07 10:26 PM
What is it about "Mickey Mouse"?

I see that element showing up sometimes. It would make sense, I thought just now as I wrote this, considering that I might be the person nicknamed Ratso.








From 10/18/1993 ( the launch of the US space shuttle Columbia orbiter vehicle mission STS-58 includes me Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps officer and United States STS-58 pilot astronaut and my 2nd official United States of America National Aeronautics Space Administration orbital flight of 4 overall ) To 8/19/2019 is 9436 days

9436 = 4718 + 4718

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 10/3/1978 ( Stephen King "The Stand" ) is 4718 days



Other post by me: https://hvom.blogspot.com/2019/08/and-let-word-go-forth-fu-nasa.html


https://www.yahoo.com/news/plans-detailed-first-u-mission-182608411.html

Yahoo! News

Plans detailed for first U.S. mission to land on moon since Apollo

Reuters August 19, 2019

By Eric M. Johnson

SEATTLE (Reuters) - The first American spacecraft expected to land on the moon in nearly 50 years will be an unmanned robotic lander built by closely held Astrobotic Technology Inc and launched in two years by United Launch Alliance's Vulcan rocket, the companies told Reuters on Monday.








excerpt from my private journal as Kerry Burgess: year 2006, before May

After the results were tabulated, I lost by something like one vote. It was obvious to me that they had changed from voting for me to voting for my opponent, or at least, they had decided to send me that message. We had gotten into an argument the year before when I was Junior class president. By default, I was elected as VP of NHS since I didn't get enough votes of President.








http://www.simpsonsarchive.com/episodes/3F09.html

Two Bad Neighbors [ The Simpsons television series episode ]

Original airdate in N.A.: 14-Jan-96

No sooner have the Bushes departed that another moving truck pulls in along with a car with license plate "Mr. Duh".

Gerry: Hi! Pleased to meet you, I just moved in. My name is Gerry Ford.

Homer: [gasps] Former President Gerald Ford? Put her there! I'm Homer Simpson!

Gerry: Say, Homer, do you like football?

Homer: Do I ever!

Gerry: Do you like nachos?

Homer: Yes, Mr. Ford.

Gerry: Well, why don't you come over and watch the game, and we'll have nachos? And then, some beer.

Homer: Ooh! [they walk across the street] Gerry, I think you and I are going to get along just --

[they both trip]

Both: D'oh!








excerpt from my private journal as Kerry Burgess: 11/05/07 10:29 PM
I caught something else that reminded me of "Mickey Mouse" recently. It might have been Sarah Silverman's show. Was it her or maybe another actress that seemed to have her hair formed like "Mickey Mouse" ears?

I also think I read that Phoebe's character in "Drop Dead Fred" was talking at the end of the movie with a childhood friend of her characters who was named "Mickey." I need to see if that actor has any details associated to me.

11/05/07 10:32 PM
I always love to see that photo of Phoebe on the movie poster for that movie.








excerpt from my private journal as Kerry Burgess: August 21, 2006

So I figure my current paygrade is O-7 and I have 26 years of seniority. I figure that I recently was promoted to O-7. I'm not sure how my space travels as a child and a teenager will affect this. I figure they provide some means to gain compensation for those activities.

I assume that I was an O-5 when I entered Microsoft and then was promoted to Captain sometime after that. Probably after Microsoft turned on me, which I don't know precisely when that was. But I think it is safe to assume that I was promoted to O-6 on June 7, 2000.








excerpt from my private journal as Kerry Burgess: 10/11/07 2:40 AM
I always want to say that it was 1989 when I was the CO of the Blue Angels, but I don't know. I was probably a LCDR as the CO and I think I was still a LT in 1989.

10/11/07 2:41 AM
I have been thinking it was 1991 when I was promoted to LCDR.

10/11/07 2:42 AM
I wonder if I was the plankowner Weapons Officer of the USS Arleigh Burke DDG-51.

10/11/07 2:47 AM
Now I'm thinking I was the CO of the Blue Angels in 1992. I feel compelled to look for details along that line for 1992.

10/11/07 2:50 AM
Did Phoebe and I live in Memphis in 1992?

I miss her so incredibly much.








excerpt from my private journal as Kerry Burgess: 03/14/07 8:09 PM
The date I think I landed on Phoebe at Saturn, was 6/7/76, a Monday. I am thinking that by that time, after leaving Mars, we thought I was on a one-way trip.

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/f/foreigner/long+long+way+from+home_20054849.html

It was a monday
A day like any other day
I left a small town
For the apple in decay

It was my destiny
Its what we needed to do
They were telling me
Im telling you

I was inside looking outside
The millions of faces
But still Im alone
Waiting, hours of waiting
Paying a penance
I was longing for home

Im looking out for the two of us
I hope well be here when theyre through with us

I was inside looking outside
Oh the millions of faces
But still Im alone
Waiting, hours of waiting
I could feel the tension
I was longing for home

Im looking out for the two of us
And I hope well be here when theyre through with us
Im coming home

Monday, sad, sad monday
Shes waiting for me
But Im a long, long way from home

Sad, sad monday
Shes waiting for me
But Im a long, long way from home

Sad, sad monday
Oh shes waiting for me
But Im a long, long way from home








excerpt from my private journal as Kerry Burgess: 10/28/08 9:44 PM

:05:51
- Do you think he'll call this week?
- Why don't you call him?

:05:54
- I can't.
- You can. Guys love that sort of thing.

http://www.cswap.com/1982/Fast_Times_at_Ridgemont_High/cap/en/25fps/a/00_06

Fast Times at Ridgemont High

:06:04
I did it when I was 13.

http://www.cswap.com/1976/Midway/cap/en/25fps/a/00_10

Midway

:10:29
I phoned you from Guam
the day you graduated.

http://www.cswap.com/1977/Close_Encounters_of_the_Third_Kind/cap/en/25fps/a/02_02

Close Encounters of the Third Kind

2:03:13
Welcome back, Navy. Welcome back.

2:03:18
-Craig, Harry Ward.
-''Captain, United States Navy...

2:03:21
...043431 1 .''

2:03:24
Disappeared off Chicken Shoals,








album: "Double Vision" (1978)

https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/foreigner/hotblooded.html

AZ

Foreigner

"Hot Blooded"

Now it's up to you, can we make a secret rendezvous?

Oh, before we do, you'll have to get away from you know who








Whom Gods Destroy [ Star Trek television series episode ]

Original Airdate: 3 Jan, 1969

(from internet transcript)

SPOCK: Captain Garth

GARTH: Lord Garth!








album: "Double Vision" (1978)

https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/foreigner/hotblooded.html

AZ

Foreigner

"Hot Blooded"

Hot blooded, I'm a little bit high

Hot blooded, you're a little bit shy








From 6/7/1976 ( my biological brother Thomas Reagan the civilian and privately financed astronaut in deep space of the solar system in his privately financed atom-pulse propulsion spaceship this day was his first landing the Saturn moon Phoebe and the Saturn moon Phoebe territory belongs to my brother Thomas Reagan ) To 8/13/1982 is 2258 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 1/8/1972 ( premiere US TV movie "The Astronaut" ) is 2258 days



Other posts by me on this topic


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083929/releaseinfo

IMDb

Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982)

Release Info

USA 13 August 1982

Full Cast & Crew

Phoebe Cates ... Linda Barrett








The Astronaut (1972)

ABC Movie of the week

00:40:18

Gail Randolph: [ slaps him ] Stop it! Stop looking at me with his face!



- posted by Kerry Burgess 5:44 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Sunday 09/08/2019