Monday, October 15, 2007

071015-N-0000X-001

I dreamed yesterday that I was again reviewing that "Star Trek: The Next Generation" episode "Angels One," as I recently noted, and the title had changed to "Blue Angels One."

Every time I see this photo, that chrome on the jet engine intakes of this U.S. Navy Blue Angels A-4 Skyhawk reminds me of some large mirrors I put on the doors on my 1967 blue Chevrolet. I "remember" that Thedia was annoyed, angry even, that I was putting them on there but I did anyway. Of the A-4 Skyhawk photos I have examined on dodmedia.mil, the Blue Angels jets are the only ones with the chrome on the jet engine intakes.

If I understand certain artificial and symbolic memories correctly, I might have been flying on the Blue Angels jet that flew over the graduation ceremony of the Class of 1982. I am certain I did fly by there at some point and I guess it was for some either the final graduation or some related activity. Although, I could be thinking of some other class graduation I flew over with the USN Blue Angels.















http://www.dodmedia.osd.mil/Assets/Still/1982/Marines/DM-ST-82-07412.JPEG

A Blue Angels A-4E SKYHAWK aircraft is on display along with the exhibit and ceremony for the last SKYHAWK built by McDonnell Douglas Corporation.

Location: LONG BEACH, CALIFORNIA (CA) UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

Camera Operator: SGT FRANK REFUERZO

Date Shot: 27 Feb 1979





























http://www.navy.mil/management/photodb/photos/020524-N-5390M-004.jpg

020524-N-5390M-004 Annapolis, MD (May 24, 2002) -- The U.S. Navy Blue Angels flight demonstration team performs a fly-by formation over the graduating ceremony for the class of 2002 at the U.S. Naval Academy. U.S. Navy photo by Ken Mierzejewski. (RELEASED)


















http://www.navy.mil/management/photodb/photos/051009-N-7559C-001.jpg

051009-N-7559C-001 San Francisco, Calif. (Oct. 9, 2005) - The Navy's Flight Demonstration team, the Blue Angels lead solo, performs the sneak pass, a maneuver that demonstrates the F/A-18 Hornet's ability to sneak into a target area undetected at speeds approaching 700 mph. The Blue Angels perform more than 70 shows at 34 different locations throughout the country each year. U.S. Navy photo by PhotographerUs Mate 2nd Class Ryan Courtade (RELEASED)




















http://www.navy.mil/management/photodb/photos/071015-N-0000X-001.jpg

071015-N-0000X-001 ATLANTIC OCEAN (Oct. 15, 2007) – Cmdr. Harry Thetford views the glass wall aboard amphibious assault ship USS Iwo Jima (LHD 7) that carries the inscription of the name of his cousin, Marine Pfc. Ray Thetford. Pfc. Thetford was among the first wave of Marines to storm the beaches of Iwo Jima and is honored in the museum aboard the ship named after the historic battle. U.S. Navy photo (RELEASED)