Sunday, October 14, 2007

Mutiny























Every time I see that photo from the pilots seat of a U.S. Navy Blue Angels jet, I remember a visualization in a dream I had a while back, as illustrated.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 03/30/07 3:08 AM

A very detailed dream about being on a Luge course at an Olympic competition. I can remember that I made two timed runs through the course. I can remember very clearly the first part of the course going down a large hill and going very fast. But the weird part is that I was going backwards and that I had to make a 90-degree turn about half-way through the course, which was very tricky. There was a wall there at the turn that I would have hit if I hadn't got it right. I can remember making course adjustment to my sled as I was traveling backwards and approaching the turn that would be to my left as my back was to it and it was a turn that I couldn't even actually see. I can remember that my time was in the range of 13-something, which I guess means the course took me over 13 minutes. I had no idea if that was good enough time to earn a gold medal. Then I was back at the course start I guess to make a third run. But I didn't see any point to it so I went into some kind of nearby building to return my sled. But at that point, my sled was some kind of copper-colored rocket. There were three people in the room and one was Thedia. Another was a woman I remember as Donna, who was friend of Thedia's when we lived in that rented house on Dequincy in De Queen. I don't know who was the 3rd person as he was talking to Donna and had his back to me. I went back outside to make my third and final run and I remember that Donna was announcing my name over the PA but she kept getting my middle name wrong. First she called me Kerry Abner Burgess and then she called me Kerry Charlie Burgess, and she was saying something else but I think at the end, she just like the mike open and wasn't saying anything. I was at the start of the Luge course while she was talking and I was configuring my sled but now it included a chair from a kitchen table. It seemed that the chair would drag behind me on ropes. Instead of having the chair with its back flat to the ice while the legs were horizontal to the ice, the back of the chair was vertical to the ice while the legs were horizontal to the ice. Throughtout the dream, I have the indescribable sense of the blue sky, which I can almost visualize and which I could seen parts of the horizon of the sky and their is some indescribable notion connected to that visualization about jet aircraft.





From 7/4/1946 (postal code 07446) to 6/7/1976 is 3 days, 359 months

'33-59'

http://zip4.usps.com/zip4/zcl_1_results.jsp

ZIP Code™ Matches in RAMSEY, NJ

07446





From 5/1/1967 to 7/29/1983 ("Private School") is: 5933 days

'59-33'

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086143/

Private School (1983)

Plot Summary: Christine (Phoebe Cates), a student at an exclusive all-girls private school, is in love with Jim, who attends an academy for boys nearby

Release Date: 29 July 1983 (USA)

Phoebe Cates ... Christine Ramsey





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutiny

Mutiny is the act of conspiring to disobey an order that a group of similarly-situated individuals (typically members of the military; or the crew of any ship, even if they are civilians) are legally obliged to obey. The term is commonly used for a rebellion among members of the military against their superior officer(s), turning the strongest arm of the law into a danger for the legal order.

During the Age of Discovery, mutiny particularly meant open rebellion against a ship’s captain. This occurred, for example, during Magellan’s journey, resulting in the killing of one mutineer, the execution of another and the marooning of two others, and on Henry Hudson’s Discovery, resulting in Hudson and others being set adrift in a boat.


United States
The United States’ Uniform Code of Military Justice defines mutiny thus:

Art. 94. (§ 894.) Mutiny or Sedition.
(a) Any person subject to this code (chapter) who—
(1) with intent to usurp or override lawful military authority, refuses, in concert with any other person, to obey orders or otherwise do his duty or creates any violence or disturbance is guilty of mutiny;
(2) with intent to cause the overthrow or destruction of lawful civil authority, creates, in concert with any other person, revolt, violence, or other disturbance against that authority is guilty of sedition;
(3) fails to do his utmost to prevent and suppress a mutiny or sedition being committed in his presence, or fails to take all reasonable means to inform his superior commissioned officer or commanding officer of a mutiny or sedition which he knows or has reason to believe is taking place, is guilty of a failure to suppress or report a mutiny or sedition.
(b) A person who is found guilty of attempted mutiny, mutiny, sedition, or failure to suppress or report a mutiny or sedition shall be punished by death or such other punishment as a court-martial may direct.
Uniform Code of Military Justice, Art. 94; 10 U.S.C. § 894 (2004). [Note -- items in parentheses replace the items immediately preceding, as provided in the codified statutory version of the Uniform Code, located at title 10, chapter 47 of the United States Code.]

U.S. military law requires obedience only to lawful orders. Disobedience to unlawful orders is the obligation of every member of the U.S. armed forces, a principle established by the Nuremberg trials and reaffirmed in the aftermath of the My Lai Massacre. However, a U.S. soldier who disobeys an order after deeming it unlawful will almost certainly be court-martialed to determine whether the disobedience was proper.





From 4/14/1981 (STS-1 landing) to 5/4/1984 ("The Bounty") is: 159 weeks, 3 days

'1-59-33'

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086993/

The Bounty (1984)

Release Date: 4 May 1984 (USA)

Plot Summary: The familiar story of Lieutenant Bligh, whose cruelty leads to a mutiny on his ship.

Mel Gibson ... Fletcher Christian Master's Mate
Anthony Hopkins ... Lieutenant William Bligh





From 1/3/1956 (Mel Gibson) to 3/3/1959 is 3 years, 59 days

'33-59'

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000154/

Mel Gibson
Date of Birth: 3 January 1956

"The Sullivans" (1976) TV Series .... Ray Henderson
The Bounty (1984) .... Fletcher Christian Master's Mate