Thursday, March 07, 2013

"Does the Inertia of a Body Depend Upon Its Energy Content?"




http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/crosbystillsnash/southerncross.html


CROSBY, STILLS & NASH


"Southern Cross"

[Intro. (Acoustic Guitars)]
Oooh ...

Got out of town on a boat goin' to Southern islands
Sailing a reach before a followin' sea
She was makin' for the trades on the outside
And the downhill run to Papeete

Off the wind on this heading lie the Marquesas
We got eighty feet of the waterline nicely making way
In a noisy bar in Avalon I tried to call you
But on a midnight watch I realized why twice you ran away

Think about
Think about how many times I have fallen
Spirits are using me larger voices callin'
What Heaven brought you and me cannot be forgotten

(Around the world) I have been around the world
(Lookin') Lookin' for that woman girl
(Who knows she knows) Who knows love can endure
And you know it will

When you see the Southern Cross for the first time
You understand now why you came this way
'Cause the truth you might be runnin' from is so small
But it's as big as the promise, the promise of a comin' day

So I'm sailing for tomorrow my dreams are a dyin'
And my love is an anchor tied to you tied with a silver chain
I have my ship and all her flags are a' flyin'
She is all that I have left and music is her name

Think about
Think about how many times I have fallen
Spirits are using me larger voices callin'
What Heaven brought you and me cannot be forgotten

(I've been around the world) I have been around the world
(Lookin') Lookin' for that woman girl
Who knows love can endure
And you know it will, and you know it will yes

[Instrumental (Electric Guitars)]
Oooh ...

So we cheated and we lied and we tested
And we never failed to fail it was the easiest thing to do
You will survive being bested
Somebody fine will come along make me forget about loving you
At the southern cross










http://www.chakoteya.net/movies/movie2.html

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan


KIRK: Physician, heal thyself.

McCOY: Is that's all you gotta to say? What about my performance?

KIRK: I'm not a drama critic. ...Well, Mister Saavik, are you going to stay with the sinking ship?

SAAVIK: Permission to speak candidly, sir?

KIRK: Granted.

SAAVIK: I don't believe this was a fair test of my command abilities.

KIRK: And why not?

SAAVIK: Because ...there was no way to win.

KIRK: A no-win situation is a possibility every commander may face. Has that never occurred to you?

SAAVIK: No sir. It has not.

KIRK: How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life, wouldn't you say?

SAAVIK: As I indicated, Admiral, that thought had not occurred to me.

KIRK: Well, now you have something new to think about. Carry on.

McCOY: Admiral? Wouldn't it be easier to just put an experienced crew back on the ship?

KIRK: Galloping about the cosmos is a game for the young, Doctor.

UHURA: Now what is that supposed to mean?










From 10/28/1994 ( premiere US film "Stargate" ) To 5/30/2011 ( --- ) is 6058 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 6/4/1982 ( premiere US film "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan" ) is 6058 days



From 7/16/2004 ( premiere US film "I, Robot" & premiere US TV series "Stargate: Atlantis" ) To 5/30/2011 ( --- ) is 2509 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 9/15/1972 ( premiere US TV series "Ghost Story" ) is 2509 days



From 9/4/1960 ( Damon Wayans ) To 5/30/2011 ( --- ) is 18530 days

18530 = 9265 + 9265

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 3/16/1991 ( date hijacked from me:my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate Columbia South Carolina ) is 9265 days



From 8/19/1952 ( Jonathan Frakes ) To 5/30/2011 ( --- ) is 21468 days

21468 = 10734 + 10734

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 3/24/1995 ( premiere US film "Major Payne" ) is 10734 days



From 9/27/1905 ( Albert Einstein "Does the Inertia of a Body Depend Upon Its Energy-Content?" ) To 11/18/1996 ( premiere US film "Star Trek: First Contact" ) is 33290 days

33290 = 16645 + 16645

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 5/30/2011 ( --- ) is 16645 days





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: http://hvom.blogspot.com/2011/05/in-policy.html - Posted 30th May 2011 by H.V.O.M


"In policy."




Meanwhile, in other news.

I wonder what is the year of her actual birth. Every time I see a photo of Beyonce, she reminds me of a woman I "remember" working with back in 1994 and 1995.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 30 May 2011 excerpt ends]










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memorial_Day


Memorial Day

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


Memorial Day is a United states federal holiday which occurs every year on the final Monday of May. Memorial Day is a day of remembering the men and women who died while serving in the United States Armed Forces. Formerly known as Decoration Day, it originated after the American Civil War to commemorate the Union and Confederate soldiers who died in the Civil War. By the 20th century Memorial Day had been extended to honor all Americans who have died in all wars.


Memorial Day is not to be confused with Veterans Day; Memorial Day is a day of remembering the men and women who died while serving, while Veterans Day celebrates the service of all U.S. military veterans, living or dead.










http://stargate-wiki.org/wiki/Transcript:Rising


STARGATE WIKI


Transcript:Rising


SHEPPARD
Let me guess. You're not going to let me rescue my people.

WEIR
Major, you don't even know if they're alive.

SHEPPARD
You don't leave people in the hands of the enemy. And the fact that we are having this conversation in private lets me know that you know damn well that it's wrong and it will totally undermine your leadership. So as ranking military officer—

WEIR
(interrupting)
All right, just shut up and listen to me for a moment, all right? Come on, what do we know about the Wraith? One of the few things we do know is that they are the enemy that defeated the Ancients. When we first began to use the stargate we found on Earth, we got ourselves into serious trouble. Why?

SHEPPARD
I don't need a history lesson.

WEIR
Because the people in charge didn't consider the ramifications before they reacted.

SHEPPARD
They took our people. How am I supposed to react?

WEIR
And we're defenseless! You said so yourself.

WEIR
How do you know going off on some half-assed rescue mission isn't going to bring them all right back here to our doorstep?

SHEPPARD
(insistent)
Maybe it will…but it's the right thing to do. Why? Because it is.

WEIR
John—

SHEPPARD
(angry)
If we're not going to do this, and I mean right now, let's just turn tail and pack up, because they're coming.

WEIR
You don't know that.

SHEPPARD
Our people are in the hands of the enemy, Doctor. Do you know what that means? It is just a matter of time before the Wraith figure out that this is the base of our operation.

WEIR
I just need more information. I mean, who knows? Maybe we could negotiate a peaceful—

SHEPPARD
(incredulous)
Peaceful? Are you kidding? We weren't there for more than a few hours before they showed up.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1905


1905

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


September 27 – Albert Einstein submits his paper Does the Inertia of a Body Depend Upon Its Energy Content? in which he develops an argument for the famous equation E = mc2.



http://www.aps.org/publications/apsnews/200511/equation.cfm


American Physical Society


Famous Equation Holds Big Birthday Celebration


September 27, 1905 was the day that Einstein's paper containing the equation E=mc,2 arrived at the editorial offices of Annalen der Physik.



http://www.fourmilab.ch/etexts/einstein/E_mc2/www/


DOES THE INERTIA OF A BODY DEPEND UPON ITS ENERGY-CONTENT?

By A. Einstein

September 27, 1905

The results of the previous investigation lead to a very interesting conclusion, which is here to be deduced.

I based that investigation on the Maxwell-Hertz equations for empty space, together with the Maxwellian expression for the electromagnetic energy of space, and in addition the principle that:—

The laws by which the states of physical systems alter are independent of the alternative, to which of two systems of coordinates, in uniform motion of parallel translation relatively to each other, these alterations of state are referred (principle of relativity).

With these principles - as my basis I deduced inter alia the following result (§ 8):—

Let a system of plane waves of light, referred to the system of co-ordinates (x, y, z), possess the energy l; let the direction of the ray (the wave-normal) make an angle with the axis of x of the system. If we introduce a new system of co-ordinates () moving in uniform parallel translation with respect to the system (x, y, z), and having its origin of co-ordinates in motion along the axis of x with the velocity v, then this quantity of light—measured in the system ()—possesses the energy


where c denotes the velocity of light.










http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/Stargate:_The_Movie_Transcript


STARGATE WIKI


Stargate: The Movie


CATHERINE
Colonel O'Neil, I think you owe me an explanation.

[O'Neil stops and turns back.]

CATHERINE
I was told I had complete autonomy.

O'NEIL
Plans change.

CATHERINE
Why are you here? Why did they bring you on this project?

[O'Neil glances around evasively before looking directly at her.]

O'NEIL
I'm here in case you succeed.

[He walks off as Catherine chuckles ruefully.]

EXT—MOUNTAIN COMPLEX, TWO WEEKS LATER, DAWN

INT—RESEARCH LAB

[An exhausted Daniel listens to his dictated notes at a table in front of the cover stones. The table is covered with reference books, paper, candy wrappers, and a coffee mug, as well as the dictaphone.]

DANIEL
(on recording)
Completed search of cuneiform and other pre-dynastic hieroglyphics. No matches whatsoever. I've exhausted all reference material in comparing the symbols on the cartouche against all known writing samples from the period pre- and post-. Still no similarities...I'm never gonna get paid.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crux


Crux

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Crux is the smallest of the 88 modern constellations, but is one of the most distinctive. Its name is Latin for cross, and it is dominated by a cross-shaped asterism that is commonly known as the Southern Cross.


Visibility

Crux is easily visible from the southern hemisphere at practically any time of year.


History

Crux was visible to the Ancient Greeks; Ptolemy regarded it as part of the constellation Centaurus. It was entirely visible as far north as Britain in the fourth millennium BC. However, the precession of the equinoxes gradually lowered its stars below the European horizon, and they were eventually forgotten by the inhabitants of northern latitudes.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 06:10 AM Pacific Time Seattle USA Thursday 07 March 2013