Friday, March 08, 2013

Kicking the trawler.




Last time I was asleep, sometime yesterday, I remember daylight, I was asleep and I had another of those vivid nightmares.

Without much success since then I have been trying to decide if that kind of dream is new or if it is something I have had for a long time and I am just now giving some conscious thought about it. Don't know.

The consistent part is that I am immobilized with fear but that isn't much to write homeless about.

I can remember long ago having similar dreams of frustration where I was trying to pull the trigger on a handgun and I must have had that dream a million times, an exaggeration but I had that dream often, and I cannot recall ever actually succeeding but I feel certain there might have been one or two times I succeeded. And then in recent years I find my hand stuck in my pocket and I can't get it out. Those are the worst.

So the recent nightmares are not that amazing I would think. Probably something about sleep paralysis, something I know next to nothing about but that I think has something to with how the human mind keeps a person from moving while asleep so they won't fall out of bed and land on the floor. So I think my brain is trying to move my hand and it cannot and that is interpreted by the part of my mind that is dreaming while asleep.

The recent nightmares are different somehow in that I am terrified of something outside. Even that isn't a big deal but I am thinking more about it recently and that could also explain why I dream more about it.

The recent nightmare had something about mailmen and pouches and I don't know if there was dialog in the dream about it but somehow that got me thinking about kangaroos. So just at that point I was sleeping and I could have sworn I heard someone sliding back the screen on the window from the outside and that terrified me and my back was to the window and I seemed to lie there for an impossibly long time and I could not turn over to look at the window. Finally I was able to turn and look.

Then I remembered a few hours ago one day months ago when there was still daylight outside and I heard a scratching on the screen on the window and I jumped out of bed to look at it and the difference is that did not frighten me. That time I saw a squirrel hanging on the screen on my window and two familiar cats sitting on the ground staring up at it. The scene was familiar somehow but I didn't write anything about it because I wasn't writing anything about the reality artificial world and that scene simply reinforced the notion this world is not real. I thought the cats would tear into the squirrel when it jumped down to ground but they just stiffened up around it and one cat sniffed at the squirrel's tail and the cat was holding close position to it and I don't remember much else about that.

What I think about in recent terms is about apparitions that are floating in through open windows in this area and possessing the minds of human beings and I think about how winning against those spirits is possible if you are aware that it's happening.

So anyway, the reason I wanted to write this part here is a new thought occurred to me today. I had a sense of profound about that sliding window. A sliding window. A message through a sliding window. I wrote all this before I started searching through the dialog for "Contact," with the exception of "man of the cloth."










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118884/quotes

IMDb


Memorable quotes for

Contact (1997)


Alien: You're an interesting species. An interesting mix. You're capable of such beautiful dreams, and such horrible nightmares. You feel so lost, so cut off, so alone, only you're not. See, in all our searching, the only thing we've found that makes the emptiness bearable, is each other.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118884/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

Contact (1997)


Palmer Joss: You could call me a man of the cloth, without the cloth.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: June 30, 2007

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 06/30/07 10:28 AM
Nothing new after awaking. Feeling empty.

Had a dream that prominently featured vending machines. They installed some new machines in some place I can still visualize but don't recognize. In that last part, one machine started spitting out all of it quarters after it gave me my change and I went to somebody's office in that building to let them know it was malfunctioning.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 30 June 2007 excerpt ends]










http://www.cswap.com/1997/Contact/cap/en/2_Parts/b/00_41

Contact


:41:27
I'm okay to go.

:41:31
I'm okay to go.

:41:33
Initiate drop sequence.

:41:37
On my mark.

:41:40
10...

:41:41
...9...

:41:43
...8...

:41:46
...7...

:41:47
...6...

:41:49
...5...

:41:50
...4...

:41:51
...3...

:41:53
...2...

:41:54
I'm okay to go.

:41:59
Oh, God!

:42:10
Ellie to Control.

:42:12
Ellie to Control,
do you read me!

:42:19
Ellie to Control,
do you read me!

:42:27
I'll try...

:42:29
...to keep recording!

:42:31
I'm going through...

:42:33
...some kind of a tunnel!

:42:50
There's a light source ahead!

:42:52
Brilliant...

:42:53
...blue-white.

:42:56
Residual radiation?

:43:09
It's a star.

:43:10
I must have...

:43:12
...gone through a wormhole.

:43:19
It's Vega!

:43:31
I'm in another wormhole now!

:43:36
I had no idea!

:43:37
A series of them!

:43:41
They're alive.

:43:43
It's like...

:43:44
...some kind of a transit system.

:43:48
A subway!

:43:49
Oh, God!

:43:56
I have to keep talking.

:44:01
It's a triple...

:44:02
...no, a quadruple system.

:44:05
Beautiful!

:44:09
They're alive!

:44:18
Another wormhole!

:44:20
This one's much more violent!

:45:52
Some...

:45:54
...celestial event....

:45:57
No!

:45:59
No words!

:46:01
No words...

:46:04
...to describe it!

:46:08
Poetry!

:46:10
They should have sent...

:46:13
...a poet.





http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118884/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

Contact (1997)


Ellie Arroway: Some celestial event. No - no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should've sent a poet.










From 11/19/1962 ( Jodie Foster ) To 7/16/2004 ( premiere US TV series "Stargate: Atlantis" ) is 15215 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 6/30/2007 ( --- ) is 15215 days



From 11/14/1955 ( premiere US TV series episode "December Bride"::"The Laundromat Show" ) To 7/11/1997 ( premiere US film "Contact" ) is 15215 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 6/30/2007 ( --- ) is 15215 days



From 12/20/1994 ( in Bosnia as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps captain this day is my United States Navy Cross medal date of record ) To 6/30/2007 ( --- ) is 4575 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 5/13/1978 ( premiere US film "Jennifer" ) is 4575 days



From 3/16/1991 ( date hijacked from me:my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate Columbia South Carolina ) To 6/30/2007 ( --- ) is 5950 days

5950 = 2975 + 2975

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 12/25/1973 ( premiere US film "Magnum Force" ) is 2975 days










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/November_1962


November 1962

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


November 19, 1962 (Monday)

A message in Morse code was transmitted from EPR (Evpatoria Planetary Radar) in the Soviet Union, directed at the planet Venus and using the second planet "as a passive reflector". The "message", however, was simply the Russian word "Mir" which can refer to the Earth, or to peace. The medium was to repeat a pattern of signals of 30 seconds for "dash" and 10 seconds for "dot" (— —)(• •)(• — •).


Born: Jodie Foster, American actress and film director, twice winner of Academy Award for Best Actress; as Alicia Christian Foster, in Los Angeles










http://www.cswap.com/1997/Contact/cap/en/2_Parts/a/00_30

Contact


:30:39
Perfect cast!
Come on, fishy!

:30:42
Frank, look at the size...

:30:44
...of that son-of-a-bitch!

:30:58
Welcome back, Dr. C.

:31:00
How'd it go?

:31:02
How was the trip?

:31:04
I've had better.

:31:06
Drumlin!
Is this a personal vendetta now?

:31:09
There's been enormous pressure
from other scientists as well.

:31:13
It doesn't matter.
Hadden's funding us for 2 more years.

:31:16
The government doesn't want their
telescopes used by the high priestess...

:31:21
...of the desert anymore.

:31:24
What?

:31:25
Staring at TV static for hours,
listening to washing machines.

:31:28
These stories get out!

:31:30
I was seeking patterns in the chaos!

:31:32
It doesn't matter,
we're a joke to them.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070355/quotes

IMDb


Memorable quotes for

Magnum Force (1973)


Pilot: Excuse me, Captain. This may seem silly, but - can you fly?

Harry Callahan: Nope. Never even had a lesson.










http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/SGA_1.01_%22Rising_Parts_1_And_2%22_Transcript


STARGATE WIKI


SGA 1.01 "Rising Parts 1 And 2"


INT—ATLANTIS JUMPER BAY

INT—PUDDLE JUMPER

[McKay and Sheppard enter the ship. It lights up as they move inside. Sheppard walks to the pilot seat and touches the console. It immediately lights up.]

MCKAY
You think you can fly it?

SHEPPARD
What do you say we find out?

[He sits in the pilot's chair.]










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helicopter


Helicopter

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A helicopter (or chopper, helo or whirlybird) is a type of rotorcraft in which lift and thrust are supplied by rotors. This allows the helicopter to take off and land vertically, to hover, and to fly forwards, backwards, and laterally.


In the United States, Russian-born engineer Igor Sikorsky and W. Lawrence LePage were competing to produce the U.S. military's first helicopter.


Anti-torque features

Most helicopters have a single main rotor, but torque created as the engine turns the rotor causes the body of the helicopter to turn in the opposite direction to the rotor. To eliminate this effect, some sort of anti-torque control must be used.

The design that Igor Sikorsky settled on for his VS-300 was a smaller tail rotor. The tail rotor pushes or pulls against the tail to counter the torque effect










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tail_rotor


Tail rotor

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The tail rotor,is a smaller rotor mounted so that it rotates vertically or near-vertically at the end of the tail of a traditional single-rotor helicopter. The tail rotor's position and distance from the center of gravity allow it to develop thrust in the same direction as the main rotor's rotation, to counter the torque effect created by the main rotor.










http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/SGA_1.01_%22Rising_Parts_1_And_2%22_Transcript


STARGATE WIKI


SGA 1.01 "Rising Parts 1 And 2"


FORD
It looks like you've got the hang of it.

SHEPPARD
I tell you what, Lieutenant. I know a lot of fighter pilots who'd kill to fly this thing. It's like it reads your mind.










http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/SGA_1.01_%22Rising_Parts_1_And_2%22_Transcript


STARGATE WIKI


SGA 1.01 "Rising Parts 1 And 2"


INT—WRAITH DINING ROOM

WRAITH QUEEN
Your will is strong. This one (gestures to Toran)
begged for its life.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biological_basis_of_love


Biological basis of love

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The theory of a biological basis of love has been explored by such biological sciences as evolutionary psychology, evolutionary biology, anthropology and neuroscience. Specific chemical substances such as oxytocin are studied in the context of their roles in producing human experiences and behaviors that are associated with love.


Neurochemistry

Studies in neuroscience have involved chemicals that are present in the brain and might be involved when people experience love. These chemicals include: nerve growth factor, testosterone, estrogen, dopamine, norepinephrine, serotonin, oxytocin, and vasopressin.


Brain imaging

Brain scanning techniques such as magnetic resonance imaging have been used to investigate brain regions that seem to be involved in producing the human experience of love.

In 2000, a study led by Semir Zeki and Andreas Bartels of University College London concluded that at least two areas of the brain become more active when in love. These were foci in the media insula, which the brain associates with instinct, and part of the anterior cingulate cortex, which is associated with feelings of euphoria.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077769/releaseinfo

IMDb


Release dates for

Jennifer (1978)

Country Date

USA 13 May 1978 (New York City, New York)



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077769/plotsummary

IMDb


Plot Summary for

Jennifer (1978)


Ostracized at a snooty private school because of her rural, poor background, a scholarship student is tormented to the point where her only remaining recourse is revenge










http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/SGA_1.01_%22Rising_Parts_1_And_2%22_Transcript


STARGATE WIKI


SGA 1.01 "Rising Parts 1 And 2" Transcript


WRAITH QUEEN
Our feeding ground has not been so rich in ten thousand years.










http://www.cswap.com/1997/Contact/cap/en/2_Parts/a/00_11

Contact


:11:07
Arecibo, right?

:11:10
Does it show?

:11:13
Cracker Jack?

:11:14
No, thanks.

:11:15
Mind if I sit down?

:11:19
I hear the locals,
they call it "El Radar."

:11:22
Convinced it has some
dark military purpose.










http://www.cswap.com/1997/Contact/cap/en/2_Parts/a/01_04

Contact


1:04:10
There it was all the time,
staring you in the face.

1:04:15
Buried within the message itself
is the key to decoding it.

1:04:19
Within the layering of the matrix,
we have these basic equations:

1:04:24
So with this very elementary foundation,
they have given us a kind of...

1:04:28
...general scientific vocabulary.

1:04:30
We now have the symbols
for true and false--

1:04:33
This was the key...

1:04:34
...that allowed us to decipher
their language...

1:04:37
...for physics, geometry, chemistry.
Next frame, Ellie.

1:04:42
Yes, and when we apply this
to the rest of the message...

1:04:46
...we find this.

1:04:51
Those look like engineering schematics,
almost like blueprints.

1:04:56
Yes.

1:04:57
It is our belief that
the message contains instructions...

1:05:01
...for building something,
some kind of machine.

1:05:04
A machine?
That does what, Doctor?

1:05:07
We don't know.
It might be some type...

1:05:10
...of advanced communication device,
or a teaching machine of some kind.

1:05:16
Or it might be...

1:05:18
...some kind of a transport.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 08/03/10 1:48 AM
I feel certain that location is somewhere in this state and that is why I still feel strongly compelled to stay in this state. This states is the namesake of George Washington, after all.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 08/03/10 1:49 AM
I am also somewhat challenged in that my range of mobility is severely limited by the fact that I am walking just about anywhere I go.

Maybe they will send me a Metro bus route to follow to the meeting place.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 03 August 2010 excerpt ends]



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 01:40 AM Pacific Time Seattle USA Friday 08 March 2013