Friday, March 29, 2013

Gemini




03/28/2013 01:10 AM
According to AstroViewer Online 3.1.6

http://www.astroviewer.com/interactive-night-sky-map.php


On 29 September 2011 the stars Castor and Pollux, forming Gemini, or The Twins, both rose above the horizon of the Seattle night sky just after midnight.

Both stars would have become visible in the night sky just after midnight on 29 September 2011.

03/28/2013 01:16 AM
The Queen constellation, which is what AstroViewer labels Cassiopeia, is always visible in the night sky in Seattle. The Queen nebula is just about opposite in the sky from the Big Dipper and I think that is the "old woman" I saw in that dream that morning. which is something I thought of only this morning.

In the sleeping dream that morning she said to me "At least we can go somewhere we can spit."

03/28/2013 01:29 AM
As best I can tell September 29th is the only day of the year when Castor and Pollux have just become visible right at midnight. As the days progress after September 29th Castor and Pollux are higher in the sky at the point of midnight.

03/28/2013 01:52 AM
On 24 March 2013 the first star for the Eridanus constellation, The River, did not rise into the sky in Seattle until almost 11 AM, during the daytime.

03/28/2013 01:54 AM
The River rises in the sky just before Orion rises.

AstroViewer labels Orion as Hunter.

03/28/2013 02:03 AM
The Andromeda Galaxy is going to rise above the horizon of the Seattle sky again about 02:28 AM. Andromeda ducked under the horizon about 12:28 AM this morning.

03/28/2013 02:12 AM
As best I can tell the first star in the Pegasus constellation to rise above the horizon the Seattle sky is 2 Pegasi.

That star is just about to rise in the sky this morning. Looks to be at 02:23 AM when it starts to rise above the horizon.

AstroViewer sometimes has that first star listed as Jih, which Wikipedia names as Kappa Pegasi. Kappa Pegasi is a triple star so maybe 2 Pegasi is part of it. I don't know.

03/28/2013 02:18 AM
Ah, now I see.

2 Pegasi is a star by itself. Jih is the first star of Pegasus that rises into the sky. It rises just about the same time as 2 Pegasi and I didn't notice at first that I was hovering my mouse cursor over the wrong star. They rise about the same time and they are close to each other but not that close after Jih rises far enough onto the screen to be visible as part of Pegasus.

03/28/2013 03:00 AM
The star Antares rose above the horizon today at 01:25 AM. According to Wikipedia Antares is the "heart of the scorpion," the Scorpius constellation, which is something I don't think I was ever aware of until now.

03/28/2013 03:31 AM
Andromeda is the "chained princess." I didn't know that until today.

"My boss gave me a box" with a chain in it for my dog tags. She has me on a short leash.

03/28/2013 03:33 AM
Andromeda is the daughter of Cassiopeia.

AstroViewer lists Cassiopeia as the latin name and Queen as the English name of that constellation.

"I didn't recognize my boss's boss" is something close to what I wrote about that sleeping dream I had many years ago.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 4:18 AM Thursday, September 29, 2011


Star constellations





I wasn't going to write about a dream I just before waking up and getting out of bed but I was later in the shower and I started thinking about a possible explanation for the star pattern I saw in my dream and so I decided to write about that part and to try to write the least about the rest of the dream as I could, which I feel compelled to not write about for no real reason.

The compelling part about the dream is the pattern of stars I saw. The dream seems to have started with me and I was out in the woods somewhere and the light was dark and I had some kind of ability to radiate laser beams from my fingers or somehow create laser beams. As I think more about that as I write this now I thing again that I did not actually see the laser beams but I am vaguely aware that I could see the patterns I created on people with the laser beams. The notion of the laser beam is never really visually established in the dream but that is a notion that is strongly in my mind after waking up. The last thing I seemed to do with my laser beam power was that I saw myself form a pattern of stars on the ground to my left. The power seemed to stop working at that point. I also found my puzzled about how there were five stars in my creation when I expected only four. Since I was wearing those stars on the epaulet on my black jacket then I was thinking of how the United States Marine Corps has never had a five star general officer and I don't think the USMC should ever have a five star general officer.

What I puzzled about was how the pattern of those stars did not seem consistent with how an officer of the United States military would wear a five-star pattern on his uniform. I seemed to be wearing the winter working dress uniform of the United States Navy. What was unusual was how one of the stars was set away from the other four stars.

When I was in the shower and was thinking about that visualization in my mind of those stars that I had created on the ground and then was wearing my shoulder, on the black jacket that is the type United States Navy sailors used to refer to as the "Eisenhower" jacket, I wondered if that pattern was supposed to represent the star constellation we call the Big Dipper.

Ah, yes. That has got to be it. Just now as I wrote that word "Big Dipper" I remember dialog that happened soon later that is consistent with that notion.

So going back to what I was thinking as I decided to write this note, I thought about how my visualization of the star pattern did not match the Big Dipper very well. But then I started to wonder if I was seeing the pattern of the Big Dipper while I was standing on a planet or moon that circled a star that was very distant from our planet Earth.

I keep thinking of reasons why that all could be just a normal dream. But maybe it is not.

After my laser beam power stopped working, I saw some of the people I had been forming laser beam patterns on and they were all getting into cars and leaving in a long procession of army-type vehicles. They all seemed to be from World War 2. I noted the color pattern of one of the vehicles but I cannot think of any comment to make about it.

Then I seemed to be a sentry on a hill in downtown Seattle Washington. I was aware that I was totally alone in my role. I was also aware I was wearing a United States military uniform but I cannot visualize any details about it from the dream. I was there for a long time. Some kind of conflict started among a few local people that had walked up and I was trying to stay out of it. The next part I remember from the dream is that I was sitting in a room and there were people around me and one was the old woman whose dialog is consistent with the notion that I was seeing the star pattern of the Big Dipper constellation. Then a woman stood up and she was also wearing the winter dress uniform of the United States Navy and I saw the postal clerk rating symbol on her uniform. Then I saw a person walk into the room I was in from the room next door with the half-window walls and where I had been aware that a conference was going on that all of us had been waiting for to get finished and that person who walked out of that room was a person that I understood in the dream to by my brother Thomas Reagan and he seemed to be about eight years old. He was also wearing the winter working dress uniform of the United States Navy and I noticed just after I saw the woman's rating symbol that he was also wearing the postal clerk rating symbol. But he had the E-1 rate white symbol patch on one sleeve and the E-2 rate white stripe patch on the other sleeve, which is definitely not a uniform standard of the United States Navy. After thinking about that after waking up I decided that detail is supposed to represent the E-1 and E-2 aircraft of the United States Navy.

As he walked up to me, I asked him where he had been because I have been standing on that hill everyday. There was some unspoken dialog about me having food during that time.

There was some other stuff that happened in the dream but I decided to end this note with his response to me about how he had heard I had picked up more stars. I distinctly remember his words to me at that point. He asked me "Is it worth it?"

At that point, I took off two stars from the jacket epaulet on my shoulder, which seemed to be the type used for award stars on United States military medals and ribbons, and I was aware that left me with three stars on my shoulder.

So as I was wondering after getting out of the shower is that I could have just had a normal dream. But I could have just dreamed that final star symbol I need.


[ JOURNAL ARCHIVE 29 September 2011 excerpt ends]










03/29/2013 12:22 AM
What if it's a time-of-day alignment.

The alignment of constellations in the sky at a specific moment in time.

03/29/2013 12:25 AM
My so-called four-side triangle.

I wrote once about a four-side triangle.

If you look at it from a certain angle then it appears to be a three-sided triangle and so that is why I called it a four-sided triangle.

03/29/2013 12:28 AM
At the time I also wrote about that notion in terms of the alignment of stars in the sky.

03/29/2013 12:51 AM
As best I can tell, the date 30 May 2011 is the day that the planet Saturn was directly aligned with the star Gamma Virginis.

That seems to be incredibly rare. I don't know how often that happens. Saturn has an orbital period of about 30 Earth-years so I guess that is how often it would occur as observed from the Seattle night sky.

03/29/2013 12:55 AM
That alignment happened about 10 PM that night. I can cycle backwards to 2 AM and I can see a distinct difference in the proximity of the graphics for the planet Saturn and that star.

03/29/2013 12:58 AM
Well, that's not entirely accurate.

I turned off the label for the constellation name and I can better see the graphics now for the planet and the star.

Even through June 10th the two are very close together.

03/29/2013 01:00 AM
There seems to be some wobbling on the 31st but the two stay close together.

03/29/2013 01:09 AM
Well, that's a pointless exercise.

The planet Saturn on 21 July 2004 seems to be perfectly aligned with Delta Geminorum in the Gemini constellation but according to the Wikipedia page on Delta Geminorum the last time Delta Geminorum occulted the planet Saturn was on 30 June 1857.

That makes sense though. The graphics just aren't detailed enough for that kind of precise observation.

Delta Geminorum is also known as Wasat which is an Arabic word for "middle," and is also referenced as "middle ground."

03/29/2013 01:27 AM
The planet Jupiter is within the constellation Gemini on 14 May 2014.

I wrote once about a dream where I saw something about my US military pension and there was details about it in the newspaper. I was boarding a flight for the planet Jupiter.

The day 15 May 2014 is precisely 30 years after 15 May 1984.

I keep thinking that as a time-traveler I leave non-obvious clues and that was incorporated into the 1994 film "Stargate."

"Dr. Jackson" complains he is never going to get paid and then he finds the answer in the newspaper the security guard is reading with his feet raised up on his desk.

03/29/2013 01:35 AM
As best I can tell the planet Jupiter enters the boundaries of the Gemini constellation on 09 December 2013. Ah, the planet Jupiter is wobbling along the boundaries of Gemini. It crosses the same boundary more than once. I am at 21 July 2013 and it seems to have passed through the west side.

03/29/2013 01:42 AM
So the planet Jupiter makes a transit across the Gemini constellation from 21 July 2013 to 01 October 2013.

Jupiter is moving west-to-east and it crosses the east-side boundary and then it starts moving back inside the boundaries of the Gemini constellation.

03/29/2013 01:45 AM
The planet Jupiter stays within the boundaries of Gemini up through 25 May 2014, as I cycle through the star chart one day at a time at 6 PM Seattle, and then it crosses back over the east-side boundary and it moving to the east-side again.

03/29/2013 01:52 AM
After that the planet Jupiter and the Gemini constellation are moving apart although slowly.

Two years later and the two have definitely not crossed paths again.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 04/04/08 8:02 PM
I had a very lucid dream just before I woke up that I was trying to catch a airline flight to some place. I might have been trying to go home but I cannot remember any details from the dream, other than what I describe that suggest I was going home. Even the one detail that does suggest that I was going home does not really have the kind of emotional attachment to it that I would describe as suggestive of going home. The dream started off with something about a group of Native Americans that I cannot remember enough detail about to articulate, other than I seemed to walk through of group of Native Americans that were walking some place. There are some other details that I also cannot fully articulate but that I can visualize somewhat and it seems I was out fishing in a lake with some relatives and I caught a fish and it seemed to the only one we had caught. Then I heard someone that I could see say to who ever was listening that we should not eat the fish out of that lake. It did not look very appetizing anyway and seemed to have bruises on it after it had been cleaned. The I was walking some where and that is when I seemed to be trying to catch the airline flight. There are some other details between there that I cannot remember now. I remember that I was carrying some luggage and also several items from the dry cleaners that I had just picked up. One of the items was slipping out the bundle because I did not have the hanger in my hand along with the others. Then I remember from the dream that I walked by Ron Howard as he was walking by me and he seemed to say to someone that I had not seen him or that I had not recognized him. Then I was still walking along through the city, which is vaguely familiar but I am not certain, and I was thinking to myself that I was going to miss the flight because I was running out of time. Then the thought occurred to me that it would not matter if I missed the flight because, due to the arrangements that had already been made, they would put me onto the next flight. This is now the second time the thought has occurred to me as I write this that I am beginning to forget important details from that dream I had just before I woke up in the past hour or so. Then I was in the airport and I was checking in but I am confused about the person who was checking my ticket. I cannot remember enough detail to say for certain but I might have walked behind the counter of a Starbucks and a woman there was checking me in for the flight. She looked at my ID and there is now something I have forgotten but she was saying something about my ID matches my military pension that was published in the paper and she was using a newspaper that I had brought along as the source and I was thinking that I was glad I had brought along a copy of that newspaper. I am not certain why details about me were printed on that newspaper. There was also some detail available to my mind at this point in the dream, and I do not know the source, where I can almost visualize the association with the Jupiter moon Callisto. But I cannot visualize the source of that phrase. I have to guess that the boarding desk had a sigh with something about the Jupiter moon Callisto as though that was the destination of the flight or it was the location I was departing. I think it was the location I was departing because I also have some vague sense of the date 11/28/1976 and I think that detail represents that I was departing the Jupiter moon Callisto for my flight back to Earth. I do not remember any other detail after that in the dream.


[ JOURNAL ARCHIVE 04 April 2008 excerpt ends]










http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/Stargate:_The_Movie_Transcript


STARGATE WIKI


Stargate: The Movie


INT—RESEARCH LAB

[An exhausted Daniel listens to his dictated notes at a table in front of the cover stones. The table is covered with reference books, paper, candy wrappers, and a coffee mug, as well as the dictaphone.]

DANIEL
(on recording)
Completed search of cuneiform and other pre-dynastic hieroglyphics. No matches whatsoever. I've exhausted all reference material in comparing the symbols on the cartouche against all known writing samples from the period pre- and post-. Still no similarities...I'm never gonna get paid.

[Daniel shuts off the recording. He goes over to the coffee pot to refill his cup, only to find the carafe is practically empty.]

INT—CORRIDOR JUST OUTSIDE LAB

[Daniel shuffles out of the lab tiredly with the carafe. A guard sits by a desk with his feet propped up, reading a newspaper.]

GUARD
(admonishing)
Uh-uh-uh.

[Daniel flashes his ID badge, and the guard settles back with his paper. Daniel goes to the water fountain and refills the carafe, glancing around and noticing the front page of the guard's paper has an article title "Orion Upclose" with a quarter page photograph of the constellation. He stops filling the carafe and moves over to the paper. He grabs that page out of the guard's hands and rushes back into the lab. The guard is still sitting there as Daniel's head appears again in the lab door window.]

DANIEL
Can I borrow this?

INT—RESEARCH LAB

[Daniel grabs a marker and starts filling in the lines between the stars of the constellation. He then climbs the stair-ladder to compare his drawing with one of the glyphs. They match.]

DANIEL
Orion.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 04/04/08 10:14 PM
Battlestar Galactica (Repeat)

58 SCIFIP: Friday, April 4 9:00 PM
Science fiction

Crossroads
Gaius Baltar's trial takes many surprising turns; a series of coincidences creates new alliances aboard Galactica.

Cast: Edward James Olmos, Mary McDonnell, Katee Sackhoff, Jamie Bamber, James Callis, Tricia Helfer, Grace Park

Original Air Date: Mar 25, 2007


[ JOURNAL ARCHIVE 04 April 2008 excerpt ends]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 04/04/08 10:15 PM
Didn't "Kara" tell "Apollo" to not "freak out?"

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 04/04/08 10:26 PM
I find the dialog about having been to Earth especially humorous.


[ JOURNAL ARCHIVE 04 April 2008 excerpt ends]










http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battlestar

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]


http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battlestar/season4/galactica-401.htm

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

4X01 - HE THAT BELIEVETH IN ME

ORIGINAL AIRDATE (SciFi): 04-APR-2008


Starbuck, getting out of her Viper: Chief, I'm gonna need you to develop my gun camera footage ASAP. I've got a hell of a set of vacation pictures.

(She approaches him; nobody moves or speaks.)

Starbuck: I'll take my post-flight checklist. I want to sign out so I can get in the showers.

Chief: ...I don't have one for you.

Starbuck: What's up?

(Helo, Racetrack and Sharon stare. Lee runs up and grabs her tightly.)

Starbuck: Okay. Okay, me too. It's okay, it's okay.

(Hangar Balcony: Adama watches with Tigh.)

Tigh: Do you believe in miracles?

Adama: No.

(Sam runs up to her and hugs her too; Lee steps out of his way.)

Anders: I told everyone that you were too frakkin' mean to kill!

Starbuck: Okay, I'm okay, I'm okay. I'm okay.

(Doubletake.)

Starbuck: What the hell are you doing in a jock smock?

Anders: I just finished Viper transition a week ago, and I started ACM...

Starbuck, confused: How the...

(Sam laughs and touches her face.)

Adama, from above: Starbuck!

Starbuck, grinning up: I did it, Boss. I found Earth!










http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/Stargate:_The_Movie_Transcript


STARGATE WIKI


Stargate: The Movie


CATHERINE
Jackson, I'd like you to meet General West.

[West approaches and puts out his hand. Daniel shakes it.]

DANIEL
Oh, hello. Oh, right. General.

[West moves to his seat. Daniel tries to put down his things, nodding to another military man.]

DANIEL
Hello. Okay.

WEST
So, you think you've solved in fourteen days what they couldn't solve in two years?

DANIEL
(surprised)
Two years?

WEST
Any time.

[O'Neil enters. Daniel starts passing around several of his rolled papers. ]

DANIEL
Um, I have some stuff for you to look at. Just, um, pass-pass them down. Um, you'll have to share them, cause I um...
(chuckles nervously)
...Sorry, I—Sorry, I don't have enough of those. But, anyway...

[He sits and starts looking at his own copy, starting to sound more confident.]

DANIEL
Okay, all right, we're obviously looking at a picture of the cover stones. Now, on the outer track, these figures that you would believe to be words to be translated were, in fact...

[He stands again and shuffles his papers, pushing some larger pieces aside and into some people next to him to roll out a star chart.]

DANIEL
—sorry about that—were in fact star constellations. Now these constellations were placed in a unique order forming a map or an address of sorts. Seven points to outline a course to a position.

[Daniel turns to the metal wall behind him, on which a picture of the cover stones has already been taped. He tapes up another paper and begins to draw on it. O'Neil lights a cigarette.]

DANIEL
And uh...to find a destination within any three dimensional space, you need six points to determine the exact location.

[Daniel draws a cube and places a dot in the center of each of the six "sides" of the cube and then draws lines between them all to intersect at a spot in the cube.]

WEST
You said you needed seven points.

DANIEL
Well, no, six for the destination. But to chart a course, you need a point of origin.

[He draws a point some distance from a cube and then a line to where all the cube spots intersect.]

MYERS
Except there's only six symbols in the cartouche.

DANIEL
Well, the seventh actually isn't inside the cartouche, it's just below it, here designated by a little pyramid with two funny neat little guys and funny little line coming out of the top.

[He circles an upside down v that has a symbol above its apex and two human-like figures on each side of the "v" shape and then proceeds to draw it again roughly on the wall next to his chart while he talks. When finished, he laughs at his bad drawing. No one else laughs.]

DANIEL
Anyway...

CATHERINE
He did it.

MYERS
No. That symbol isn't anywhere on the device.

DANIEL
Uh-what device? Um?

[West looks to O'Neil, who shrugs.]

WEST
Show him.

[Shore squeezes Catherine's hand as they both smile. Kawalski stands and goes over by Daniel, pressing a button. The metal "wall" Daniel has been using as a dry erase board is actually a blast shield that rises. Daniel looks out of the window into the room beyond. The Stargate sits there. A metal ramp is in front of it, and various personnel are working around it. Catherine comes up to stand beside Daniel.]

DANIEL
What is that?

CATHERINE
It's your Stargate. Come, Jackson.

[She moves away. After another moment, Daniel follows.]

COMPUTER VOICE
Personnel, report to command center.

INT—CONTROL ROOM

[Myers, Daniel, and Catherine enter the control room.]

MYERS
Monitors up.

WOMAN
Monitors are up.

MYERS
Mitch, you want to bring up the details on the center monitor, please.

MITCH
Yep. I've got details...on.

[He punches a few keys. A computer monitor shows an image of the Stargate with seven blank boxes to the right. It reads "idle".]

[The Stargate spins around. Shore has now joined the others in the room. On one screen close up images of all the constellation glyphs can be seen. Daniel notices one glyph in particular, the "pyramid" with a circle above it.]

DANIEL
Hold it!

[They stop the Stargate spinning.]

DANIEL
Wait. Do you have a...um...sorry.

[He looks around, spotting a marker in Mitch's pocket and grabbing it.]

MITCH
Hey, hey, hey, don't...!

[Daniel has already begun drawing his little stick figures on the actual monitor screen.]










From 4/4/2008 ( --- ) To 5/14/2014 ( --- ) is 2231 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 12/12/1971 ( David Sarnoff - deceased ) is 2231 days










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Sarnoff


David Sarnoff

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

David Sarnoff (February 27, 1891 – December 12, 1971) was a Belarusian-born American businessman and pioneer of American radio and television. Throughout most of his career he led the Radio Corporation of America (RCA) in various capacities from shortly after its founding in 1919 until his retirement in 1970.

He ruled over an ever-growing telecommunications and consumer electronics empire that included both RCA and NBC, and became one of the largest companies in the world. Named a Reserve Brigadier General of the Signal Corps in 1945, Sarnoff thereafter was widely known as "The General."





http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/524429/David-Sarnoff


Encyclopædia Britannica


David Sarnoff


David Sarnoff, (born Feb. 27, 1891, Minsk, Russia—died Dec. 12, 1971, New York, N.Y., U.S.), American pioneer in the development of both radio and television broadcasting.

As a boy in Russia Sarnoff spent several years in preparing for a career as a Jewish scholar of the Talmud. He emigrated with his family in 1900 and settled first in Albany, N.Y., and then in New York City. While going to school, he helped support the family by selling newspapers, running errands, and singing the liturgy in a synagogue. In 1906 he left school to become a messenger boy for a telegraph company and with his first money bought a telegraph instrument. He soon became proficient in Morse operation and found work as a radio operator for the Marconi Wireless Telegraph Company.

After service on shore and at sea over the next few years, Sarnoff became operator of the most powerful radio station in the world, established by John Wanamaker atop his Manhattan department store. There, on April 14, 1912, Sarnoff picked up the distress signal from the sinking Titanic; he remained at his instrument for 72 hours, receiving and passing on the news. Rewarded by the Marconi company with rapid promotion, he became an important official of the company and in 1916 first proposed the “radio music box,” or commercially marketed radio receiver. The proposal was several years in gaining acceptance, but in 1921, as general manager of the newly formed Radio Corporation of America (RCA), he demonstrated its market potential in broadcasting the boxing match between Jack Dempsey and Georges Carpentier (July 2, 1921); the broadcast created a sensation. Within three years RCA sold more than $80,000,000 worth of receiving sets. In 1926 he formed the National Broadcasting Company (NBC).

By that time Sarnoff had perceived the potential of television, which the contributions of several inventors were making technically feasible. In 1928 he launched an experimental NBC television station; by 1939 he was able to give a successful demonstration of the new medium at the New York World’s Fair. Development was delayed by World War II, during which Sarnoff, a reserve officer, served on General Dwight D. Eisenhower’s staff as a communications consultant and was promoted to brigadier general. He became president of RCA in 1930 and chairman of the board in 1947, retiring in 1970.





http://earlyradiohistory.us/amwana.htm

Approximately 1,500 persons died when the Titanic sank on April 15, 1912, including some of the most prominent persons in the world. During the three days it took until the Carpathia steamed into New York harbor with 711 survivors, there was intense interest in learning the details of the accident, plus who had lived and who had died. Because broadcasting didn't exist at this time, newspapers handled some of the breaking news by posting information on bulletin boards located outside their offices, which quickly drew huge crowds of interested persons.

The use of radio for long-distance communication during the disaster created extensive publicity about the tremendous value of a technology that was still very new to most people. When it became known that the Carpathia was transmitting survivor lists, which were being relayed by other stations, many sites which had radio receivers were also mobbed. The receiving sites included the American Marconi station located atop the New York Wanamaker department stores. David Sarnoff, the New York station's manager (and future president of the Radio Corporation of America), produced some of the best known, and unfortunately, most exaggerated accounts of this event. (His stories were generally believed to be factual until 1976, when Carl Dreher's biography, An American Success, began to set the record straight. Kenneth Bilby's 1986 biography, The General, also helped provide a more accurate view of Sarnoff's actual activities).

Sarnoff's progressively more expansive accounts falsely credited himself as being the first person in the United States to hear about the Titanic, and also as the sole source supplying the entire nation with information. Actually, American Marconi merely had an agreement to supply the Hearst Corporation newspapers with information received at the Wanamaker-New York station, and at least three qualified operators were on hand at the station. Contrary to Sarnoff's claim, U.S. President Taft never ordered other stations to shut down to clear the airwaves for Sarnoff's station -- in fact, the only case where President Taft ever became involved was related to charges that Marconi operators had ignored the President's request for information about an aide who had been on the Titanic.





http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/technology/bigdream/masarnoff.html


PBS


More About Sarnoff, Part One


Unrelenting persistence provided David Sarnoff with entree into the practice of wireless telegraphy; tragic accident earned him recognition in the field. On April 14, 1912, the day the S.S. Titanic sank in the frozen North Atlantic, Sarnoff was working as a telegrapher at the Marconi Wireless station atop the Wanamaker Hardware building in New York. His actions at the telegrapher's station following the sinking earned him considerable cache within the confines of Marconi Wireless.

The carefully manipulated Sarnoff legend places young Davey at the telegraph, the first to hear news of the Titanic's sinking. More likely, Sarnoff rushed to the telegraph after learning about the accident from newspaper vendors. But there is no disputing that he sent and received wireless messages for seventy-two straight hours, gathering names of survivors as anxious relatives of Titanic passengers congregated on the streets below. Sarnoff impressed his superiors with his persistence and ambition. A promotion soon followed.

Shortly thereafter, Sarnoff decided to abandon his career as a telegrapher, pursuing instead the business end of the wireless industry. His goal now was to acquire both money and power.

He decided to pitch his idea for the radio music box to his superiors at Marconi. They, too, turned it down. But their rejection failed to quell his faith in his vision--or his determination to see it realized.

Sarnoff's next chance came in 1920, with the formation of the Radio Corporation of America (RCA). Created to prevent domination of American strategic communications by a foreign company like the British-owned Marconi, RCA was controlled largely by General Electric, which provided the startup funds. So it was to GE that Sarnoff next pitched his radio music box idea. To his delight, GE agreed to front $2000 for RCA to develop a prototype.





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Sarnoff


David Sarnoff

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

David Sarnoff (February 27, 1891 – December 12, 1971) was a Belarusian-born American businessman and pioneer of American radio and television.


Over the next 13 years Sarnoff rose from office boy to commercial manager of the company, learning about the technology and the business of electronic communications on the job and in libraries. He also served at Marconi stations on ships and posts on Siasconset, Nantucket and the New York Wanamaker Department Store. In 1911 he installed and operated the wireless equipment on a ship hunting seals off Newfoundland and Labrador, and used the technology to relay the first remote medical diagnosis from the ship's doctor to a radio operator at Belle Isle with an infected tooth. The following year, he led two other operators at the Wanamaker station in an effort to confirm the fate of the Titanic.

Learning early the value of self-promotion and publicity, Sarnoff falsely advanced himself both as the sole hero who stayed by his telegraph key for three days to receive information on the Titanic's survivors










http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battlestar

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]


http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battlestar/season4/galactica-401.htm

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

4X01 - HE THAT BELIEVETH IN ME

ORIGINAL AIRDATE (SciFi): 04-APR-2008


Starbuck, getting out of her Viper: Chief, I'm gonna need you to develop my gun camera footage ASAP. I've got a hell of a set of vacation pictures.

(She approaches him; nobody moves or speaks.)

Starbuck: I'll take my post-flight checklist. I want to sign out so I can get in the showers.

Chief: ...I don't have one for you.

Starbuck: What's up?

(Helo, Racetrack and Sharon stare. Lee runs up and grabs her tightly.)

Starbuck: Okay. Okay, me too. It's okay, it's okay.

(Hangar Balcony: Adama watches with Tigh.)

Tigh: Do you believe in miracles?

Adama: No.

(Sam runs up to her and hugs her too; Lee steps out of his way.)

Anders: I told everyone that you were too frakkin' mean to kill!



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 02:29 AM Pacific Time Seattle USA Friday 29 March 2013