Tuesday, March 12, 2013

"You want to prove that your theories are right? This is your chance."




The purpose to aid and comfort the enemy becomes clear.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: http://hvom.blogspot.com/2011/05/in-policy.html - Posted 30th May 2011 by H.V.O.M


"In policy."




Meanwhile, in other news.

I wonder what is the year of her actual birth. Every time I see a photo of Beyonce, she reminds me of a woman I "remember" working with back in 1994 and 1995.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 30 May 2011 excerpt ends]










http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/SGA_2.08_%22Conversion%22_Transcript


STARGATE WIKI


SGA 2.08 "Conversion"


TEYLA
You are showing a considerable leap in ability, Colonel Sheppard.

SHEPPARD
You can call me John when we're off the clock.

TEYLA
Very well…John.

SHEPPARD
There you go.

TEYLA
Should we continue, or do you…

[He drops his remaining rod, then grabs Teyla's head and kisses her passionately. He pulls away, leaving her in shock.]

SHEPPARD
(confused)
I'm not really sure just what happened.

TEYLA
Colonel…

SHEPPARD
That was interesting.

BECKETT
(over radio)
Colonel Sheppard, please report to the infirmary.

SHEPPARD
(concerned)
Are you okay?

TEYLA
Dr. Beckett will be expecting you.










http://www.tv.com/shows/stargate-atlantis/conversion-470588/


tv.com


Stargate Atlantis Season 2 Episode 8

Conversion


After being infected by a retrovirus, Sheppard's body begins mutating into something insect-like. Beckett and the team race to find a cure before the mutation has gone too far.


AIRED: 9/9/05










http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/SGA_2.08_%22Conversion%22_Transcript


STARGATE WIKI


SGA 2.08 "Conversion"


SHEPPARD
There is another thing I should probably apologize for.

TEYLA
Give it no further thought.

SHEPPARD
(relieved)
Good. I won't.

TEYLA
Nice to have you back…John.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: posted by H.V.O.M at 10:48 PM Thursday, September 15, 2005


Series Finale

Well, it's almost that time. They're supposed to be kicking me out of here tomorrow. This will probably be my last post before I go off the air. They mentioned something about getting me into another shelter, but they haven't said anything else about it. They also said something about being in-patient at the VA again, but what is the point to that? I haven't heard anything in the past few days about any of it.

For the past few hours, I have been thinking of something that happened last time I was on the streets. I was sitting somewhere in Seattle reading Robinson Crusoe, knowing that people with answers were watching me and wondering why they aren't telling me anything, and then a bus went by me. As I looked up, a woman on the bus was looking at me. She was smiling or laughing, I'm not sure which one, it felt like she was laughing. I thought about that for a long time. I thought to myself about how she knew who I was. Why would she be laughing at me? She knows I am living a nightmare, the kind of nightmare people have in their sleep but don't even remember in the morning, and she is laughing at me. That was a new feeling to me, of people laughing at me like that, especially of someone laughing at my misfortune. Not to mention, laughing at me while I am in the middle of experiencing such misfortune, such epic misfortune. What is funny about someone having to stumble around through the dangerous streets waiting for that inevitable moment when some group sneaks up behind you late at night and hits you over the head for the change in your pocket?


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 15 September 2005 excerpt end]










1991 film "The Last Boy Scout" DVD video: [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]

00:26:17


Joe Hallenbeck: I didn't vote for you, son of a bitch. So I'm a low-life.

Alley Thug: That's him. He was with her.










http://dictionary.law.com/default2.Asp?selected=741&bold


felony murder doctrine

a rule of criminal statutes that any death which occurs during the commission of a felony is first degree murder, and all participants in that felony or attempted felony can be charged with and found guilty of murder. A typical example is a robbery involving more than one criminal, in which one of them shoots, beats to death or runs over a store clerk, killing the clerk. Even if the death were accidental, all of the participants can be found guilty of felony murder, including those who did no harm, had no gun, and/or did not intend to hurt anyone.



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felony_Murder_Doctrine


Felony Murder Doctrine

The felony murder rule is a legal doctrine current in some common law countries that broadens the crime of murder in two ways. First, when a victim dies accidentally or without specific intent in the course of an applicable felony, it increases what might have been manslaughter (or even a simple tort) to murder. Second, it makes any participant in such a felony criminally responsible for any deaths that occur during or in furtherance of that felony.










http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/SGA_2.08_%22Conversion%22_Transcript


STARGATE WIKI


SGA 2.08 "Conversion"


TEYLA
Should you be up and about?

SHEPPARD
Hey, I've been cooped up in that damn infirmary for a couple of weeks. Give me a break.

[He walks over and picks up two bantos rods.]

TEYLA
You are looking well. Are you feeling more like yourself?

SHEPPARD
Well, according to my DNA, I'm one hundred percent John Sheppard again although, I've got to say I'm looking forward to getting rid of this thing one day.

[He shows his right forearm, which still has some blue discoloration.]

SHEPPARD
Doc says it'll clear up eventually. So listen…while I've been lying there the past few weeks, I've been remembering things… Some things I might have done that you could call out of character.

TEYLA
You mean when you attacked the security detail?

SHEPPARD
Yeah, that was one of them.

TEYLA
(smiling)
Yes.

SHEPPARD
There is another thing I should probably apologize for.

TEYLA
Give it no further thought.

SHEPPARD
(relieved)
Good. I won't.

TEYLA
Nice to have you back…John.










Posted by H.V.O.M at 7:52 PM Tuesday, March 20, 2012


COMPASS





I did not maintain conscious awareness of the actual name of that homeless shelter I lived in for 300 days in Pioneer Square in downtown Seattle Washington. I've been looking through the streetview images on Google Maps and god I hate that place they call Pioneer Square. So anyway I suddenly noticed that it is listed as 'Compass' on the map and now I see the email address from the woman who worked there as a social worker and I remember that place was called Compass Center.

When I got out of the VA hospital on 27 June 2005 the other social workers drove me to a senior citizen's home called the Theodora which I remember living there and being in a stupor most of the time, which is something I hate and that is not my normal state of mind. After a while there in that place and while I was still taking the drugs the VA hospital prescribed for me, which included blood tests which I assume were to verify I was taking their drugs, they let me stay at a much nicer homeless shelter in Shoreline Washington which was exclusively for military veterans of the United States. They kicked me out of there because Patty Murray is scared of having to go to prison, as she is guaranteed to be confined to United States federal prison, and they sent me down to the Pioneer Square gulag. I saw worse shelters in downtown Seattle and I was glad I didn't have to stay at the other one down there.




[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 20 March 2012 excerpt end]











http://www.law.cornell.edu/anncon/html/art3frag61_user.html#art3_hd176

Cornell University Law School

Legal Information Institute


CRS ANNOTATED CONSTITUTION

Article III -- Table of Contents

Levying War


The first must be brought into open action by the assemblage of men for a purpose treasonable in itself, or the fact of levying war cannot have been committed. So far has this principle been carried, that . . . it has been determined that the actual enlistment of men to serve against[p.823]the government does not amount to levying of war.” Chief Justice Marshall was careful, however, to state that the Court did not mean that no person could be guilty of this crime who had not appeared in arms against the country. “On the contrary, if it be actually levied, that is, if a body of men be actually assembled for the purpose of effecting by force a treasonable purpose, all those who perform any part, however minute, or however remote from the scene of action, and who are actually leagued in the general conspiracy, are to be considered as traitors. But there must be an actual assembling of men, for the treasonable purpose, to constitute a levying of war.”


Aid and Comfort to the Enemy


The Haupt Case.—The Supreme Court sustained a conviction of treason, for the first time in its history, in 1947 in Haupt v. United States.1299 Here it was held that although the overt acts relied upon to support the charge of treason—defendant’s harboring[p.825]and sheltering in his home his son who was an enemy spy and saboteur, assisting him in purchasing an automobile, and in obtaining employment in a defense plant—were all acts which a father would naturally perform for a son, this fact did not necessarily relieve them of the treasonable purpose of giving aid and comfort to the enemy. Speaking for the Court, Justice Jackson said: “No matter whether young Haupt’s mission was benign or traitorous, known or unknown to the defendant, these acts were aid and comfort to him. In the light of this mission and his instructions, they were more than casually useful; they were aids in steps essential to his design for treason. If proof be added that the defendant knew of his son’s instruction, preparation and plans, the purpose to aid and comfort the enemy becomes clear.”1300



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 6:49 PM Pacific Time Seattle USA Tuesday 12 March 2013