Monday, August 06, 2012

I still recall clearly the first time I called him 'Dad.' She had prompted me a while. The guys before I hadn't given any thought to.




I recall very clearly that house we lived in that was down the street from the DeQueen elementary school. I loved that house. Apparently my mother was renting it, with she and my sister moving in there first by ourselves. Later Randy stayed quite often I can recall. I recall a girl named Lisa in my class I liked a lot and that liked me too but I could never think of what to say to her even though I thought of her often when away from school. I recall a snowstorm brewing one winter and then it did hit and we had a lot of snow. I remember a small area of woods nearby I would go out into and that was, while not really a secluded area of forest, my first real sense of the outdoors, although she had dated some guy a while earlier who had taken me deer hunting and that was really my first experience with real firearms that I controlled and while camping in the woods. I didn't get to kill anything. One of the other adults was disapproving the few moments I tried talking to his daughter that was about my age.

She was married for a long time to Denzil after that. I never called him 'Dad.' I did spend some time with Joseph Wayne Burgess during those times in the early 1980s and I was happy to see him again.





I think with a sense of certainty that old memories, for a person of my age, are not unlike the pages from a copier machine. The memories I have from my younger years are copies of memories. I remember reading the copies I made in years after the actual experience.





I recall that a while back I read through the summaries for those episodes I could not watch and that began with the episode about "Nebraska." Only this evening have I been able to watch for the first time the video for those episodes.





http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1804263/synopsis

IMDb


Synopsis for

"The Walking Dead"

Judge, Jury, Executioner (2012)


Randall (Michael Zegen) sits inside the barn with his hands tied behind his back as Daryl interrogates" the young man by punching him repeatedly in the face. Daryl wants information on the men who Randall was running with. Crying and pleading, Randall says the men had "heavy stuff" in terms of ammo. They also had women and kids in their roving community. Randall then says that he isn't like the other men in the group, which had raped two young teenage girls. Horrified, Daryl kicks Randall in the face once more for good measure.

Later, Daryl returns to camp and shares news: 30 men with "heavy artillery" and no respect for women. "He's a threat," Rick says of Randall. "We have to eliminate the threat." Dale objects, telling Rick that he "can't just decide on your own to take a life... There's got to be a process!" Says Rick: "We reconvene at sunset and what happens, happens." Dale wants a civilized world. "The world we know is gone," he later tells Andrea. "But keeping our humanity? That's a choice." Andrea reluctantly agrees to guard Randall for Dale.

Shane then approaches Andrea. "You buy into Dale's side of the story?" Shane asks. "These guys aren't going to go through with this. They're going to pussy out and we're going to have a big problem on our hands." So what is Shane going to do? He not-so-subtley suggests mutiny against Rick and Hershel. "I want to know what it's like to sleep without keeping one eye open," Shane says. Randall, meanwhile, overhears everything. Randall then looks up and spots Carl in the rafters of the barn. "I don't know what people been saying about me, but I didn't do nothing," Randall says. "You help me, I'll take you and your folks back to my people!" Suddenly, the barn door is thrown open and Shane enters. He scolds Carl for getting so close to the prisoner.

Later, Lori approaches her husband about talking to Hershel about staying inside the house -- and then changes to the subject to Randall. Lori will support her husband's plan to kill the prisoner "if you think its best." Outside, Carol approaches Carl and tells him that they will see Sophia in heaven one day. Carl rebuffs his elder, telling the grieving mother that "heaven is just another lie and anyone who believes in it is an idiot." Carol goes directly to Rick and Lori, complaining to the latter that everyone "ignores me or treats me like I'm crazy." She storms away. Rick then confronts Carl. "You owe Carol an apology," the father says. "You made a mistake. Fix it." Carl then asks if that's why Rick is killing Randall -- to fix a mistake. "That's different," Rick insists.

Dale, in the meantime, tries to recruit Daryl and Hershel to his side of sparing Randall. Hershel, in particular, leaves the decision to Rick. The old man wants the intruder away from his daughters and doesn't care how it happens. Carl, meanwhile, wanders away from the camp and finds and a gun stowed away in a motorcycle saddlebag. Carl takes the gun and continues to wander, eventually coming upon a walker. Carl watches the walker, whose feet are stuck fast in he mud on the side of a stream. Carl torments the walker by throwing rocks at it.

Dale approaches Shane to try to "change your mind." Dale admits that the two don't see eye to eye, but that he wants to "talk like men." Shane says that if the group decides to keep Randall alive, he won't argue. But when Randall does hurt someone in the group -- and Shane is confident that he will -- then the blood will be on Dale's hands. Inside the house, Hershel comforts Beth, who is recovering from her recent suicide attempt. Glenn enters the room and soon finds himself in a conversation with Hershel. Hershel talks of his dead wife. "Maggie is a lot like her," Hershel says. "No man is good enough for your little girl... until one is." Hershel then hands Glenn a family heirloom pocket watch. The old man approves. Glenn is shocked. "Thanks," he manages to mutter.





- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 6:34 PM Pacific Time USA Monday 06 August 2012