Thursday, August 16, 2012

Oh, it means something.




I sense the restraint. It restrains me for many different reasons. One reason I can sense very well is the delay restraint. The delay restraint is what happens to ensure I make the post at the correct minute. The precise minute of the day, at least the timestamp of my blog posting, has to be the same as in the time-traveler record. Otherwise a paradox occurs.

As I wanted to write the other day, on the topic of impatience, I forgot to note about the pointlessness of it all. The time-traveler record is a documentation of the pointlessness of my toilings. I don't even care if that is a real word or not.

I thought that group rushed ahead of me. That wasn't too hard to notice though. They are always staging stuff around me outside.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I am living the publicity nightmare of an impoverished actor.










1993 film "Bodies, Rest & Motion" DVD video:

00:35:28


Nick: Fill 'er up. You live there?

Gas station attendant: Naw. It closes at seven.

Nick: I got no one to shop for. Shit, wind.

Gas station attendant: Yeah.

Nick: So what does it mean?

Gas station attendant: What?

Nick: The wind.

Gas station attendant: High pressure front coming in?

Nick: Not like that. You know what I'm asking. You're an Indian, right?

Gas station attendant: I'm Navajo.

Nick: Yeah. So you're in tune with this stuff, right?

Gas station attendant: Thirteen bucks for the gas.

Nick: All right, here's uh, here's uh, here's twenty. So what does the wind mean, you know, like an omen or something? Uh, change is coming to the people, spirit of freedom is walking the land? That kind of meaning.

Gas station attendant: Fourteen, fifteen, and five makes twenty. The wind? It's just the wind. Like I'm just Navajo.

Nick: So that's it?

Gas station attendant: Yeah.

Nick: Shit. Be better if it meant something.

Gas station attendant: Yeah.










2002 film "Windtalkers" DVD video: [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]

00:20:41

US Marine Corps Sergeant Ryan 'Ox' Anderson: Looks to me that you, uh, got to see a little action there. Me too. Jap sons of bitches snuck up on us shot me right in the ass. You believe that shit? I wasn't running or nothing. So, your, uh, your duty with JASCO have anything to do with these Navajo radiomen?

US Marine Corps Sergeant Joe Enders: I'm not at liberty to say.

US Marine Corps Sergeant Ryan 'Ox' Anderson: I see you got a new stripe there. Me too. So I'm guessing the orders you ain't at liberty to tell me are the same orders I ain't at liberty to tell you. Hell of a thing, huh?

US Marine Corps Sergeant Joe Enders: Ain't a democracy, Sergeant. It's the Marines.










http://www.imsdb.com/scripts/Postman,-The.html

IMSDb

THE POSTMAN


BETHLEHEM
They don't usually look at me.





- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 01:25 AM Pacific Time USA Thursday 16 August 2012