Monday, August 20, 2012

"Will There Really Be a Morning?"




I must have had at least a dozen dreams I remember from sleeping last and I can recall bits and pieces of some of them but I can only recall the last one enough to describe and I describe it now because of my belief in the world artificial.

My feelings of fatigue might be part of reality artificial but that doesn't change how exhausted I feel despite getting the number of hours of sleep I wanted to get.

I even saw that woman who was the starring female character from the 1999 film "The Thirteenth Floor." I can remember parts of that dream but I don't think it was the one just before I got out of bed.

The part I best remember is I was at an indoor swimming pool with a specific woman I used to know.

She was swimming around in the pool and I guess I was to. I was aware of more than one other person also in the pool.

She seemed to have asked me a riddle and I cannot recall her precise words. I only recall the question in the context of how I responded to her. She seemed to have asked "How do you get a can of Coke at the bottom of the pool?" I created that sentence for her question after being awake for a while. I cannot recall precisely what she said to me. I remember in the context of how she was swimming around and I got her attention to demonstrate my solution to the riddle. I showed her that I was going to pour out a can of Coca-Cola into the pool, which I did not. Another point was that I was just going to drop the open can of Coke into the water and let it sink to the bottom of the pool, which I did not.

Not really sure what that was all about.

The next part I remember is that I was standing next to the door that was the entrance to the indoor swimming pool and I called out, to her I guess, that a group of women in top hats was coming down.

What that meant, I knew in the dream, was that a group of women who were synchronized swimmers was coming down the stairwell to the indoor swimming pool to practice as a group on synchronized swimming in the swimming pool. They were wearing top hats as part of the costumes they wore during their act. I had announced their arrival because I was suggesting that we leave and let them have the swimming pool to themselves.

At that point I noticed I had hand lotion on both of my hands. I was rubbing it in but it would not dissipate.

I didn't hear any songs after waking up but after being awake a while and thinking about that notion I thought of that song:










http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/styx/toomuchtimeonmyhands.html


STYX


"Too Much Time On My Hands"

Sitting on this barstool talking like a damn fool
Got the twelve o'clock news blues
And I've given up hope on the afternoon soaps
And a bottle of cold brew
Is it any wonder I'm not crazy? Is it any wonder I'm sane at all
Well I'm so tired of losing- I got nothing to do and all day to do it
I go out cruisin' but I've no place to go and all night to get there
Is it any wonder I'm not a criminal?
Is it any wonder I'm not in jail?
Is it any wonder I've got

Too much time on my hands, it's ticking away with my sanity
I've got too much time on my hands, it's hard to believe such a calamity
I've got too much time on my hands and it's ticking away from me
Too much time on my hands, too much time on my hands
Too much time on my hands

Well, I'm a jet fuel genius - I can solve the world's problems
Without even trying
I have dozens of friends and the fun never ends
That is, as long as I'm buying
Is it any wonder I'm not the president
(He's not the president)
Is it any wonder I'm null and void?
Is it any wonder I've got

Too much time on my hands, it's ticking away at my sanity
I've got too much time on my hands, it's hard to believe such a calamity
I've got too much time on my hands and it's ticking away from me
Too much time on my hands, too much time on my hands
Too much time on my hands










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102926/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

The Silence of the Lambs (1991)


Jame "Buffalo Bill" Gumb: It rubs the lotion on its skin. It does this whenever it is told.

Catherine Martin: Mister... my family will pay cash. Whatever ransom you're askin' for, they pay it.

Jame "Buffalo Bill" Gumb: It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.

[to his dog, Precious]

Jame "Buffalo Bill" Gumb: Yes, it will, Precious, won't it? It will get the hose!










From 2/24/1962 ( the US NASA Project Echo satellite test ) To 8/20/2012 ( --- ) is 18440 days

18440 = 9220 + 9220

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/30/1991 ( premiere US film "The Silence of the Lambs" ) is 9220 days



From 5/7/1960 ( Soviet Union Premier Khrushchev announces details about the capture of the United States Central Intelligence Agency pilot Gary Powers ) To 8/20/2012 ( --- ) is 19098 days

19098 = 9549 + 9549

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 12/25/1991 ( as United States Marine Corps chief warrant officer Kerry Wayne Burgess I was prisoner of war in Croatia ) is 9549 days



From 7/27/1942 ( premiere US film "Hi, Neighbor" ) To 8/20/2012 ( --- ) is 25592 days

25592 = 12796 + 12796

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 11/14/2000 ( premiere US film "Unbreakable" ) is 12796 days



From 2/22/1983 ( premiere US TV movie "Will There Really Be a Morning?" ) To 8/20/2012 ( --- ) is 10772 days

10772 = 5386 + 5386

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/1/1980 ( premiere US film "The Final Countdown" ) is 5386 days



From 2/27/1998 ( premiere US film "Dark City" ) To 8/20/2012 ( --- ) is 5288 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 4/25/1980 ( in Iran the failure of the United States Operation Eagle Claw ) is 5288 days



From 5/28/1944 ( Rudy Giuliani ) To 3/16/1991 ( date hijacked from me:my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate Columbia South Carolina ) is 17093 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/20/2012 ( --- ) is 17093 days



From 5/28/1999 ( premiere US film "The Thirteenth Floor" ) To 8/20/2012 ( --- ) is 4833 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/26/1979 ( premiere US TV series "The Dukes of Hazzard"::series premiere episode "One Armed Bandits" ) is 4833 days










http://www.snpp.com/guides/quimby.html

The Simpsons Archive

The Quimby File


[7F21] [to the Comic Book Convention crowd]

"Is, uh, this on?" "uh, Young people of Springfield, as your mayor I'd like to welcome you to our annual funny book convention. And thank you for pumping almost three hundred dollars into the local economy."

[waves to crowd]

"Your youthful high spirits have emparted a glow into this old warhorse, you might say I feel like Radiation Man."

Jimbo: That's Radioative Man jerk

"I, uh, stand corrected. Well, have fun and be sure to clear out by six for the shriners."

[to one of his bodyguards]

"Get that punk's name, no one makes a fool of Diamond Joe Quimby."










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118929/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

Dark City (1998)


Dr. Schreber: I call them the Strangers. They abducted us and brought us here. This city, everyone in it... is their experiment. They mix and match our memories as they see fit, trying to divine what makes us unique. One day, a man might be an inspector. The next, someone entirely different. When they want to study a murderer, for instance, they simply imprint one of their citizens with a new personality. Arrange a family for him, friends, an entire history... even a lost wallet. Then they observe the results. Will a man, given the history of a killer, continue in that vein? Or are we, in fact, more than the sum of our memories?










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0217869/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

Unbreakable (2000)


Elijah Price: It has begun. Tell me something, David. When you woke up this morning... Was it still there? The sadness?

David Dunn: No.

Elijah Price: I think this is where we shake hands.

[handshake]

Elijah Price: [flashback occurs upon shaking] I worked in that building 25 years, I know all its secrets.

David Dunn: Secrets?

Elijah Price: Like, if there ever was a fire on floors 1, 2 or 3, everyone in that hotel would be burned alive.

[after flashbacks end]

Elijah Price: You know what the scariest thing is? To not know your place in this world. To not know why you're here... That's... That's just an awful feeling.

David Dunn: What have you done...?

Elijah Price: I almost gave up hope. There were so many times I questioned myself...

David Dunn: You killed all those people...

Elijah Price: But I found you. So many sacrifices, just to find you.

David Dunn: Jesus Christ...

Elijah Price: Now that we know who you are, I know who I am. I'm not a mistake! It all makes sense! In a comic, you know how you can tell who the arch-villain's going to be? He's the exact opposite of the hero. And most times they're friends, like you and me! I should've known way back when... You know why, David? Because of the kids. They called me Mr Glass.










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/U/Unbreakable.html


Unbreakable


This is Eastrail 177.
Nextstop, Philadelphia.
Are you alone?
- Yeah. - Yeah.
Someone left this magazine.
Want to take a look at it?
Could I take a look at that one?
Thanks.
- You like sports? - It's my fiƮeld.
I represent athletes. I'm an agent.
Are you looking for any male synchronized swimmers?
- I'm thinking about getting into that. - Is that right?
I'm afraid ofwater.
Think that's a problem?
You represent someone in Philadelphia?
I'm meeting this player from Temple University.
He's a cornerback.
This kid is 6'1 ", 2 1 0 pounds.
He runs a 40 in 4.3 seconds. He's gonna be a god.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VFA-14


VFA-14

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


The Strike Fighter Squadron 14 (VFA-14) "Tophatters" are a United States Navy fighter attack squadron based at Naval Air Station Lemoore. They fly the F/A-18E Super Hornet, and are the Navy's oldest active squadron, having formed in 1919.


History

Since its inception the squadron has flown 23 different type aircraft, had its designation changed fourteen times, operated from 20 different aircraft carriers (and several battleships) and had 81 commanding officers (the 82nd is now in command).

Over the years the squadron has been assigned many different missions, including patrol and observation in its early years, and scouting, attack, fighter, bombing and forward air control missions when it became associated with carrier-based operations. The squadron adopted the classic Top Hat as its squadron patch and called themselves the "High Hats".


In May 1963, the Tophatters transitioned to the McDonnell F-4B Phantom II


In January 1974, after four highly successful Mediterranean deployments, the squadron transitioned to the Navy's newest fighter, the Grumman F-14A Tomcat


After their last F-14 cruise VF-14 and VF-41 relocated to NAS Lemoore and began the transition to the F/A-18 Super Hornet










From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 12/19/1979 ( premiere US film "The Electric Horseman" ) is 5160 days





From 3/4/1959 ( the birthdate London England time of my biological brother Thomas Reagan ) To 4/19/1973 ( premiere US film "Soylent Green" & premiere US film "High Plains Drifter" ) is 5160 days





http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/petergabriel/solsburyhill.html


PETER GABRIEL

"Solsbury Hill"

Climbing up on Solsbury Hill
I could see the city light
Wind was blowing, time stood still
Eagle flew out of the night
He was something to observe
Came in close, I heard a voice
Standing stretching every nerve
Had to listen had no choice
I did not believe the information
(I) just had to trust imagination
My heart going boom boom boom
"Son," he said "Grab your things,
I've come to take you home."

To keep in silence I resigned
My friends would think I was a nut
Turning water into wine
Open doors would soon be shut
So I went from day to day
Tho' my life was in a rut
"Till I thought of what I'd say
Which connection I should cut
I was feeling part of the scenery
I walked right out of the machinery
My heart going boom boom boom
"Hey" he said "Grab your things
I've come to take you home."
(Back home.)

When illusion spin her net
I'm never where I want to be
And liberty she pirouette
When I think that I am free
Watched by empty silhouettes
Who close their eyes but still can see
No one taught them etiquette
I will show another me
Today I don't need a replacement
I'll tell them what the smile on my face meant
My heart going boom boom boom
"Hey" I said "You can keep my things,
they've come to take me home."










http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/8zedbtdt(v=vs.80).aspx


Randomize Function (Visual Basic)


Remarks

Randomize uses Number to initialize the Rnd function's random-number generator, giving it a new seed value. If you omit Number, the value returned by the system timer is used as the new seed value.

If Randomize is not used, the Rnd function (with no arguments) uses the same number as a seed the first time it is called, and thereafter uses the last-generated number as a seed value.

Note

To repeat sequences of random numbers, call Rnd with a negative argument immediately before using Randomize with a numeric argument. Using Randomize with the same value for Number does not repeat the previous sequence.

Security Note

Because the Random statement and the Rnd function start with a seed value and generate numbers that fall within a finite range, the results may be predictable by someone who knows the algorithm used to generate them. Consequently, the Random statement and the Rnd function should not be used to generate random numbers for use in cryptography. For more information, see RandomNumberGenerator.










http://www.e-reading.org.ua/bookreader.php/80261/King_-_The_Stand.html


Stephen King

The Stand - The Complete & Uncut Edition [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]


“You wheeled that all the way out here?” Stu asked.

“I wheeled it until I saw something I wanted to paint. I go different ways on different days. It’s good exercise. If you’re going east, why don’t you come back to Woodsville and spend the night at my house? We can take turns wheeling the barrow, and I’ve got yet another six-pack of beer cooling in yonder stream. That ought to get us home in style.”

“I accept,” Stu said.

“Good man. I’ll probably talk all the way home. You are in the arms of the Garrulous Professor, East Texas. When I bore you, just tell me to shut up. I won’t be offended.”

“I like to listen,” Stu said.

“Then you are one of God’s chosen. Let’s go.”

So they walked on down 302, one of them wheeling the barrow while the other drank a beer. No matter which was which, Bateman talked, an endless monologue that jumped from topic to topic with hardly a pause. Kojak bounced alongside. Stu would listen for a while, then his thoughts would trail off for a while, following their own tangents, and then his mind would come back. He was disquieted by Bateman’s picture of a hundred little enclaves of people, some of them militaristic, living in a country where thousands of doomsday weapons had been left around like a child’s set of blocks. But oddly, the thing his mind kept returning to was Glen Bateman’s dream, the man with no face on top of the high building—or the cliff-edge—the man with the red eyes, his back to the setting sun, looking restlessly to the east.

He woke up sometime before midnight, bathed in sweat, afraid he had screamed. But in the next room, Glen Bateman’s breathing was slow and regular, undisturbed, and in the hallway he could see Kojak sleeping with his head on his paws. Everything was picked out in moonlight so bright it was surreal.

When he woke, Stu had been up on his elbows, and now he lowered himself back to the damp sheet and put an arm over his eyes, not wanting to remember the dream but helpless to avoid it.

He had been in Stovington again. Elder was dead. Everyone was dead. The place was an echoing tomb. He was the only one alive, and he couldn’t find the way out. At first he tried to control his panic. Walk, don’t run, he told himself over and over, but soon he would have to run. His stride was becoming quicker and quicker, and the urge to look back over his shoulder and make sure that it was only the echoes behind him was becoming insuperable.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/February_1962


February 1962

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


February 24, 1962 (Saturday)

The United States government began its first telephone and television transmissions via satellite, bouncing signals off of Echo 1, which had been launched on August 12, 1960.



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Echo


Project Echo

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


Project Echo was the first passive communications satellite experiment. Each of the two American spacecraft, launched in 1960 and 1964, was a metalized balloon satellite acting as a passive reflector of microwave signals. Communication signals were bounced off them from one point on Earth to another.



http://books.google.com/books?id=b2mMzS0hCkAC&pg=PA294&lpg=PA294&dq=echo+satellite+%22february+24,+1962%22&source=bl&ots=kLXUDml_hX&sig=PPEa4rWFe20NFxA976BbcuCEQlM&sa=X&ei=sY8yULHZLsabiALFk4GwBQ&ved=0CBEQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=echo%20satellite%20%22february%2024%2C%201962%22&f=false


Google Books


The Telecommunications Illustrated Dictionary, Second Edition

edited by J.K. Peterse


ECHO 1A A Telecommunications and geodesic satellite launched into an orbit of 1600 km by the U.S. on August 12, 1960. ECHO 1 is historically important because it provided the first government satellite telephone links and television broadcasts on February 24, 1962.










http://history.nasa.gov/SP-4308/ch6.htm

SP-4308 SPACEFLIGHT REVOLUTION

6

The Odyssey of Project Echo


In 1964, 10 nations (plus the Vatican) formed the International Telecommunications Satellite Consortium, or Intelsat. In the next 12 years, Intelsat built something close to the integrated system of global communications that Arthur Clarke had suggested. By the late 1960s, Intelsat's membership included 80 countries. Individual nations owned and operated their own ground stations and reaped dividends in proportion to their investment shares, while a large, new American joint-stock company, ComSatCorp, whose operations were private but heavily subsidized by the U.S. government, managed the financial and operations end of the satellite communications system. (NASA simply launched the satellites and was reimbursed for its costs.) By the early 1970s, Intelsat's sophisticated network was enabling rapid long-distance telephoning and distribution of TV programs as never before. One NASA historian has written, "Before these satellites existed, the total capability for transoceanic telephone calls had been 500 circuits; in 1973 the Intelsat satellites alone offered more than 4000 transoceanic circuits. Real-time TV coverage of events anywhere in the world-whether Olympics, wars, or coronations-had become commonplace in the world's living rooms." 83

Arthur Clarke's prophecy of "global TV" and "citizens of the world" had arrived. By the 1980s, satellite television had grown so popular, especially in rural and mountainous areas where standard TV reception was poor or cable TV business did not reach, that hundreds of thousands of people in the United States and around the world were installing their own personal satellite dishes in their backyards, thereby receiving into their homes directly from space a seemingly boundless number of channels and programs, only a small fraction of which they would have had access to through their local ultra-high frequency (UHF), VHF, or even cable stations. By the early 1990s, many people and governments around the world were relying for their news not on local or even national stations, but on Ted Turner's Cable News Network (CNN) via satellite from Atlanta.

In just a few decades, Arthur Clarke's idea for a global communications system (for which the British radio journal paid him the equivalent of a measly $40) exploded into a multibillion-dollar industry, leading Clarke to pen a facetious little article, "A Short Pre History of Comsats, Or: How I Lost a Billion Dollars in My Spare Time."84 None of this, not even Clarke's humorous lament, would have been possible with just the passive reflectors.

Others besides Clarke also came to recognize the missed opportunities. In 1962 and 1963, when members of the Project Echo Task Group first learned in detail about the capabilities of the inaugural active comsats Telstar and Relay, they were a little disappointed that they had spent so much time on the passive reflector. "I remember thinking, damn, we worked on the wrong [196] one!" recalls Norman Crabill. "Except I really didn't because I had learned a lot. Whether it was active or passive, I had a job to do."85 In the late 1950s and early 1960s, before the advent of the silicon chip, which completely altered the scale of electronic devices and made possible the miniaturized amplifiers required for actively transmitting satellites, the passive reflector seemed to be the only "do-able" technology. Because of their work on passive satellite technology, Crabill and many other Langley researchers had prepared themselves well for the management of more significant unmanned spaceflight and satellite programs, such as Lunar Orbiter and the Viking landing on Mars.










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/W/Wizard_of_Oz_The_CD2.html


Wizard of Oz


Do you presume to criticize the great Oz?
You ungrateful creatures!
Think yourselves lucky that I'm giving you audience tomorrow...
...instead of 20 years from now!
The great Oz has spoken!
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
The great Oz has spoken!
Who are you?
I am the great and powerful...
,,,Wizard of Oz,
You are?
I don't believe you!
No, I'm afraid it's true, There's no other wizard except me,
You humbug!
Yeah!
Yes, that's exactly so, I'm a humbug,
You're a very bad man!
No, my dear, I'm a very good man,
I'm just a very bad wizard.
What about the heart that you promised Tin Man?
And the courage that you promised Cowardly Lion?
And Scarecrow's brain?
Why, anybody can have a brain, That's a very mediocre commodity,
Every pusillanimous creature that crawls on the earth,,,
,,,or slinks through slimy seas has a brain!
Back where I come from we have universities,,,
,,,seats of great learning, where men go to become great thinkers,
When they come out, they think deep thoughts,,,
,,,with no more brains than you have,
But they have one thing you haven't got: A diploma!
Therefore, by virtue of the authority vested in me,,,
,,,by the Universitatus Committeeatum E Pluribus Unum,,,
,,,l hereby confer upon you,,,
,,,the honorary degree of Th,D,
' Th,D,'?
Yeah, that's ' Doctor of Thinkology,'
' The sum of the square roots of any two sides of an isosceles triangle,,,
',,,is equal to the square root of the remaining side,'
joy! Rapture!
I've got a brain!
How can I ever thank you enough?
Well, you can't, As for you, my fine friend, you are a victim of disorganized thinking,
You're under the unfortunate delusion,,,
,,,that simply because you run away from danger you have no courage,
You are confusing courage with wisdom,
Back where I come from we have men who are called heroes,
Once a year they take their fortitude out of mothballs,,,
,,,and parade it down the main street of the city,
And they have no more courage than you have,
But they have one thing that you haven't got:
A medal!
Therefore, for meritorious conduct,,,
,,,extraordinary valor, conspicuous bravery against wicked witches,,,
...I award you the Triple Cross.
You are now a member of the Legion of Courage!
Shucks, folks, I'm speechless!
As for you, my galvanized friend, you want a heart!
You don't know how lucky you are not to have one,
Hearts will never be practical until they can be made unbreakable,
But I still want one.
Back where I come from there are men who do nothing all day but good deeds,
They are called...
,,,good-deed-doers and their hearts are no bigger than yours,
But they have one thing you haven't got: A testimonial!
Therefore, in consideration of your kindness,,,
...I take pleasure at this time in presenting you...
,,,with a small token of our esteem and affection,
And remember, my sentimental friend,,,
,,,that a heart is not judged by how much you love,,,
,,,but by how much you are loved by others,
It ticks! Listen!
Look, it ticks!










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118929/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

Dark City (1998)


Husselbeck: Everything Detective Walenski committed to paper should be here.

Inspector Frank Bumstead: The only thing that should be committed is Wolenski.





- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 1:33 PM Pacific Time USA Monday 20 August 2012