Monday, August 20, 2012

The gulag.




JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 11:51:53 -0700 (PDT)

From: "Kerry Burgess"

Subject: Re: Some other things I would really rather be doing right now.

To: "Kerry Burgess"


Kerry Burgess wrote:
Some other things I would really rather be doing right now.

1. I miss playing SimCity 4 by Maxis. I love that game. I have been buying their product since the first version. I hope in SimCity 5 they bring back the terrain editor that allows adjustment on a tile-by-tile basis. That diametrical tool is interesting, but I prefer a finer control over the terrain because I can better sculpt lakes and beaches. I am also hoping they add to the next version the ability to drive through the city in the point of view of a person in the game. I think SimCopter did something like that but I never tried that game. Lately I've been thinking of a new way to lay out a city structure for one of the mega-sized plots. On one edge, maybe the longest, I'll lay down a zone of Industrial and let it run the whole lenght. I set the tax rates to the maximum for the two polluters so I only get High Tech companies. It doesn't bring in as much revenue as the heaviest polluter, but pollution is light and then I can put high-density residential next to it and have it reach a greater potential. I am also thinking more about those dual-lane city streets. I've tried using the highway structures through the city, but I don't see much value to it, unless I put down a lot of them and then they take up a lot of space that could be generating revenue. Typically, I put down 6x6 blocks of Tech Industry, hi-density residential, and high-density commerical, with two-lane streets around them. I always leave a 3-tile section empty and one corner of the 6x6 block for a bus station, a subway station, and a single tile park. What I'm thinking of doing is putting down the dual-lane road around every 2x2 block of those 6x6 blocks. I've looked at putting down the monorail but that just takes up too much space and I don't like the way it messes up the symmetry. It's too bad the track doesn't share space with a road, maybe only the dual-lane road, in that the track occupies the median. So anyway, I start at the edge and run tech all the way. Then I put down a 6x6 block of high-density residental, maybe with a dual-lane between them, not sure how the symmetry would work out yet. So, from the edge, I have a 6x6 strip of high-tech, then a 6x6 strip of high-density residential. Then I would allow for at least 4 empty tiles for hospitals, schools, etc. I may need to make it 6 tiles, but I'm not sure. Then I would put down another 6x6 strip of high-density residential and then a 6x6 strip of high-density commercial. The cool part about this is that I could then put down another 6x6 strip of high-density commercial and just sort of mirror the three previous sections. With this wide section of commerce, I would have space to put in the rewards elements so that they wouldn't have an adverse impact on my residential sections. I think high-tech industry is equivalent to residential in terms of nimby/yimby. I'm not sure how the dual-lane roads would work out as I am laying out the strips from left to right, but it would be simple to put them down while going up and down, probably with two 6x6 blocks between them. When I am getting the city started, I would put down a lot of the heavy polluters on the left hand side and run them up that side, while running my residential and commerce to the right and away from the pollution. After I raise the taxes to maximum, the polluters will stay in operation as long as something doesn't happen such as losing power and some kind of destruction.


[ JOURNAL ARCHIVE 11 April 2006 excerpt ends]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 11:51:53 -0700 (PDT)

From: "Kerry Burgess"

Subject: Re: Some other things I would really rather be doing right now.

To: "Kerry Burgess"


Kerry Burgess wrote:
Some other things I would really rather be doing right now.


3. I've got a lot of ideas I want to work on with ASP.Net that I can't do now. I can't do it for two big reasons. One, I have absolutely no control over who is monitoring my work. There are many reasons I don't like that. One, is that I don't like people looking over my shoulder as I am trying to work.


[ JOURNAL ARCHIVE 11 April 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 14:24:34 -0700 (PDT)

From: "Kerry Burgess"

Subject: Re: Sleep journal 4/6/06

To: "Kerry Burgess"


Kerry Burgess wrote:

Details about my recent sleep are very fuzzy today. Can't remember for sure when I woke up. 3 am maybe. Or maybe shortly after midnight, can't really remember as I usually can. Remember dreaming something about driving my Jeep. Then I returned to it where it was parked in a parking lot after I was traveling through some passageways, hallways in a transit facility maybe. The only part I remember clearly is where a woman, I assume was my imaginary girlfriend asked me out for drinks or something. I told her we needed to keep it really casual though because all I had to wear was sweatpants. Kind of the downside to dating a homeless person I reflect now as I write this. She told me she would wear something with holes in it. I hope that was her in my dream, although the woman in the dream seemed to be someone unfamilar though. But I have noticed that happening with other people I know. They are represented, somehow, by a different person, but I think of them as someone specific. I feel like that is part of the manipulation. I have noticed something similar in real dreams, but I don't think it is the same here. I think they are disquising themselves in my dream for some reason. Anyway, if it really was her, she actually doesn't have to worry about dressing down if we were to go out. Of course, if I have my way, it would be a moot point because why would I want to go out with her when I am in such an ugly situation? At the minimum, I would want to be back to work so that I have regained some independence. And hey, next time you are in my dreams, dear imaginary girlfriend, how about wearing a bikini? Red would be good, or yellow maybe. That would be sweet!


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 6 April 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 4:18 AM Thursday, September 29, 2011


Star constellations





I wasn't going to write about a dream I just before waking up and getting out of bed but I was later in the shower and I started thinking about a possible explanation for the star pattern I saw in my dream and so I decided to write about that part and to try to write the least about the rest of the dream as I could, which I feel compelled to not write about for no real reason.

The compelling part about the dream is the pattern of stars I saw. The dream seems to have started with me and I was out in the woods somewhere and the light was dark and I had some kind of ability to radiate laser beams from my fingers or somehow create laser beams. As I think more about that as I write this now I thing again that I did not actually see the laser beams but I am vaguely aware that I could see the patterns I created on people with the laser beams. The notion of the laser beam is never really visually established in the dream but that is a notion that is strongly in my mind after waking up. The last thing I seemed to do with my laser beam power was that I saw myself form a pattern of stars on the ground to my left. The power seemed to stop working at that point. I also found my puzzled about how there were five stars in my creation when I expected only four. Since I was wearing those stars on the epaulet on my black jacket then I was thinking of how the United States Marine Corps has never had a five star general officer and I don't think the USMC should ever have a five star general officer.

What I puzzled about was how the pattern of those stars did not seem consistent with how an officer of the United States military would wear a five-star pattern on his uniform. I seemed to be wearing the winter working dress uniform of the United States Navy. What was unusual was how one of the stars was set away from the other four stars.

When I was in the shower and was thinking about that visualization in my mind of those stars that I had created on the ground and then was wearing my shoulder, on the black jacket that is the type United States Navy sailors used to refer to as the "Eisenhower" jacket, I wondered if that pattern was supposed to represent the star constellation we call the Big Dipper.

Ah, yes. That has got to be it. Just now as I wrote that word "Big Dipper" I remember dialog that happened soon later that is consistent with that notion.

So going back to what I was thinking as I decided to write this note, I thought about how my visualization of the star pattern did not match the Big Dipper very well. But then I started to wonder if I was seeing the pattern of the Big Dipper while I was standing on a planet or moon that circled a star that was very distant from our planet Earth.

I keep thinking of reasons why that all could be just a normal dream. But maybe it is not.

After my laser beam power stopped working, I saw some of the people I had been forming laser beam patterns on and they were all getting into cars and leaving in a long procession of army-type vehicles. They all seemed to be from World War 2. I noted the color pattern of one of the vehicles but I cannot think of any comment to make about it.

Then I seemed to be a sentry on a hill in downtown Seattle Washington. I was aware that I was totally alone in my role. I was also aware I was wearing a United States military uniform but I cannot visualize any details about it from the dream. I was there for a long time. Some kind of conflict started among a few local people that had walked up and I was trying to stay out of it.


[ JOURNAL ARCHIVE 29 September 2011 excerpt ends]










[ Bill Gates-Microsoft-Corbis-Nazi the cowardly International Terrorist Organization violently against the United States of America actively instigate insurrection and subversive activity against the United States of America with all Bill Gates-Microsoft-Corbis-Nazi staff partners contributors employees contractors lawyers managers of any capacity as severely treasonous criminal accomplices and that are active unlawful obstructions, combinations, or assemblages, or rebellion against the authority of the United States that actively make it impracticable to enforce the laws of the United States in the United States and in the Severely Treasonous and Criminally Rebellious State of Washington by the ordinary course of judicial proceedings ]


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0259711/quotes

IMDb


Memorable quotes for

Vanilla Sky (2001)


Dr. Curtis McCabe: I'm real. I'm... I'm... mortality as home entertainment? THIS CANNOT BE THE FUTURE. Can it? CAN IT?










http://www.cswap.com/1999/The_Thirteenth_Floor/cap/en/25fps/a/00_24

The Thirteenth Floor


:24:37
Preparing user for download.

:24:47
Ready for download.

:24:50
Mr.Grierson,
117 West Winston, Pasadena....

:25:07
Transference beginning.

:25:08
Download complete.

:25:21
--five cents!

:25:22
--five cents!

:25:36
You owe me $12.05.

:25:42
Listen, young man!

:25:43
I do not have all day!

:25:49
Ferguson, anything wrong?










From 7/1/1953 ( premiere US film "Stalag 17" ) To 5/28/1999 ( premiere US film "The Thirteenth Floor" ) is 16767 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 9/29/2011 ( "After my laser beam power stopped working, I saw some of the people I had been forming laser beam patterns on and they were all getting into cars and leaving" ) is 16767 days



From 12/25/1991 ( as United States Marine Corps chief warrant officer Kerry Wayne Burgess I was prisoner of war in Croatia ) To 9/29/2011 ( "After my laser beam power stopped working, I saw some of the people I had been forming laser beam patterns on and they were all getting into cars and leaving" ) is 7218 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/7/1985 ( premiere US film "Real Genius" ) is 7218 days



From 5/19/1978 ( premiere US TV movie "True Grit" ) To 9/29/2011 ( "After my laser beam power stopped working, I saw some of the people I had been forming laser beam patterns on and they were all getting into cars and leaving" ) is 12186 days

12186 = 6093 + 6093

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 7/9/1982 ( premiere US film "TRON" ) is 6093 days



From 4/25/1957 ( premiere US film "The Garment Jungle" ) To 9/29/2011 ( "After my laser beam power stopped working, I saw some of the people I had been forming laser beam patterns on and they were all getting into cars and leaving" ) is 19880 days

19880 = 9940 + 9940

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/19/1993 ( in Asheville North Carolina as Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess I was seriously wounded by gunfire when I returned fatal gunfire to a fugitive from United States federal justice who was another criminal sent by Bill Gates-Nazi-Microsoft-George Bush the cowardly violent criminal in another attempt to kill me the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) is 9940 days



From 11/18/1996 ( premiere US film "Star Trek: First Contact" ) To 9/29/2011 ( "After my laser beam power stopped working, I saw some of the people I had been forming laser beam patterns on and they were all getting into cars and leaving" ) is 5428 days

5428 = 2714 + 2714

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 4/8/1973 ( Pablo Picasso - deceased ) is 2714 days



From 2/17/1910 ( John Browning files for US patent for the firearm safety mechanism ) To 12/10/2001 ( premiere US film "Vanilla Sky" ) is 33534 days

33534 = 16767 + 16767

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 9/29/2011 ( "After my laser beam power stopped working, I saw some of the people I had been forming laser beam patterns on and they were all getting into cars and leaving" ) is 16767 days



From 3/16/1991 ( date hijacked from me:my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate Columbia South Carolina ) To 9/29/2011 ( "After my laser beam power stopped working, I saw some of the people I had been forming laser beam patterns on and they were all getting into cars and leaving" ) is 7502 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 5/18/1986 ( premiere US TV movie "The Brotherhood of Justice" ) is 7502 days



From 12/19/1954 ( premiere US film "Tonight's the Night" ) To 11/14/2000 ( premiere US film "Unbreakable" ) is 16767 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 9/29/2011 ( "After my laser beam power stopped working, I saw some of the people I had been forming laser beam patterns on and they were all getting into cars and leaving" ) is 16767 days










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/February_1910


February 1910

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


February 17, 1910 (Thursday)

A patent for the first gun safety mechanism was filed by the Browning Arms Company for a small component that would "insure absolutely against the dangerous accidental firing sometimes liable to occur if the trigger is pulled after the magazine has been withdrawn in the belief that all cartridges have been removed". U.S. Patent No. 984,519 was granted on February 14, 1911.



http://www.google.com/patents/US984519?printsec=description#v=onepage&q&f=false

Google


MREARM

J. M. BROWNING et al


Patent number: 984519

Filing date: Feb 17, 1910

Issue date: Feb 14, 1911


UNITED STATES PATENT OFFICE

JOHM M. BROWNING, OF OGDEN, UTAH.

FIREARM

984,519. Specification of Letters Patent. Patented Feb. 14, 1911.

Application filed February 17, 1910










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090775/releaseinfo

IMDb


Release dates for

The Brotherhood of Justice (1986) (TV)

Country Date

USA 18 May 1986










http://www.cswap.com/1996/Star_Trek:_First_Contact/cap/en/25fps/a/00_52


Star Trek: First Contact


:52:05
I think you got him.

:52:11
I don't get it. I thought
you said this was a hologram.

:52:16
I disengaged the safety protocols,
so even a holographic bullet can kill.

:52:22
- What are you doing?
- Looking for the neural processor.

:52:27
It's like a memory chip.

:52:30
It will contain a record of all the
instructions this Borg has received.

:52:36
- It's one of your uniforms.
- Yes, this was Ensign Lynch.

:52:45
Tough luck, huh?










http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/459275/Pablo-Picasso


Encyclopædia Britannica


Pablo Picasso


Pablo Picasso, in full Pablo Ruiz y Picasso (born Oct. 25, 1881, Málaga, Spain—died April 8, 1973, Mougins, France)










1996 film "Star Trek: First Contact" DVD video: [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]

00:54:16


Lily Sloane: Hey! I think you got him.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050424/releaseinfo

IMDb


Release dates for

The Garment Jungle (1957)

Country Date

USA 25 April 1957



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050424/synopsis

IMDb


Synopsis for

The Garment Jungle (1957)


A story about the struggle of the International Ladys Garment Worker Union (ILGWU) to unionize a New York sweat shop, Roxton Fashions, in the Garment District. Lee J. Cobb plays Walter Mitchell the owner of a company that is determined to keep the union out of his shop. His partner does not agree, and only wants the workers to have a living wage.










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/T/Tron.html


Tron


Mr. Dillinger, I'm very|disappointed in you.
I'm sorry.
I can't afford an independent|programmer monitoring me.
You realize how many|systems I've gone into?
How many programs|I've appropriated?
Come on!
A couple of days!
Hi, Dr Gibbs.
Here goes nothing.
You hear what|you just said?
"Here goes nothing".
Actually, we propose|to change something...
into nothing|and back again.
You might have said, "Here goes|something, here comes nothing".
Right.
This is the|big moment.
This'll narrow your theory|that the scan U-V beam...
is superior to|single pulse exposure.
Laser activity will|exist in 30 seconds.
Put on your goggles.|Leave the bay.
Let's see if we've|got the green light.
- Target area shielded?|- They verified safety.
20 seconds.
- Looks good.|- Let her rip.
This is what we've|been waiting for.
10 seconds.
5 seconds.
Perfect!
- Beautiful!|- Hi, Alan.
Having fun|disintegrating things?
Not disintegrating,|digitizing.
A laser dismantles|the molecular structure.
Molecules remain suspended|in the laser beam.
When the computer|plays out the model,
the molecules|fall back into place,
and voilá!|- Great.
Can it send me|to Hawaii?
You've got to purchase|your program 30 days in advance.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089886/releaseinfo

IMDb


Release dates for

Real Genius (1985)

Country Date

USA 7 August 1985





http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089886/quotes

IMDb


Memorable quotes for

Real Genius (1985)


Air Force SP at Gate: IDs?

Chris Knight: Hey, could you snap it up buddy, we just flew in, we're tired, we're hungry, we rented this stupid car...

Mitch: Are you out of your mind?

Chris Knight: Shh. We've got to intimidate these guys. Be cool. It's okay.

Air Force SP at Gate: You're not on the list.

Chris Knight: List. We're not on the list. Yeah, that's because we're classified.

Mitch: Yeah.

Air Force SP at Gate: [on checkpoint phone in background] Security. Yes, sir.

Air Force SP at Gate: Aren't you guys a little young to be technicians?

Chris Knight: Yeah, well, lasers are a young science... okay, there, fine, you made me say it. Now we're both in trouble!










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0139809/quotes

IMDb


Memorable quotes for

The Thirteenth Floor (1999)


Jason Whitney/Jerry Ashton: Hey! What'd you do to the world?

Douglas Hall: Turned it off.










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/V/Vanilla_Sky.html


Vanilla Sky


How do I wake up?
The decision is yours.
And I chose this scenario, didn't I?
Yes, to face your last remaining fear


[ Bill Gates-Microsoft-Corbis-Nazi the cowardly International Terrorist Organization violently against the United States of America actively instigate insurrection and subversive activity against the United States of America with all Bill Gates-Microsoft-Corbis-Nazi staff partners contributors employees contractors lawyers managers of any capacity as severely treasonous criminal accomplices and that are active unlawful obstructions, combinations, or assemblages, or rebellion against the authority of the United States that actively make it impracticable to enforce the laws of the United States in the United States and in the Severely Treasonous and Criminally Rebellious State of Washington by the ordinary course of judicial proceedings ]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Mon, February 13, 2006 1:18:17 PM

Subject: Re: Sleep journal 2/13/06


Kerry Burgess wrote:


Also, it is obvious that I am a control subject in a behavior patterns experiment. I do not appreciate being forced to stand up like some E-5 to a figurative H-bomb test so I can soak up the radiation and smile for the camera. I am an indepedant person with a great deal of initiative and I have a lot of important objectives to meet. So get out of my way and let me get back to work.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 13 February 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.online-literature.com/crane/redbadge/2

THE LITERATURE NETWORK

Literature Network » Stephen Crane » The Red Badge of Courage » Chapter 2


Chapter 2

The next morning the youth discovered that his tall comrade had been the fast-flying messenger of a mistake. There was much scoffing at the latter by those who had yesterday been firm adherents of his views, and there was even a little sneering by men who had never believed the rumor. The tall one fought with a man from Chatfield Corners and beat him severely.

The youth felt, however, that his problem was in no wise lifted from him. There was, on the contrary, an irritating prolongation. The tale had created in him a great concern for himself. Now, with the newborn question in his mind, he was compelled to sink back into his old place as part of a blue demonstration.

For days he made ceaseless calculations, but they were all wondrously unsatisfactory. He found that he could establish nothing. He finally concluded that the only way to prove himself was to go into the blaze, and then figuratively to watch his legs to discover their merits and faults. He reluctantly admitted that he could not sit still and with a mental slate and pencil derive an answer. To gain it, he must have blaze, blood, and danger, even as a chemist requires this, that, and the other. So he fretted for an opportunity.





- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 7:48 PM Pacific Time USA Monday 20 August 2012