Friday, May 24, 2013

Blink Of An Eye




I watched that "Voyager" episode yesterday morning. Out of the blue I thought of looking up a phrase and that phrase led me to that "Voyager" episode and I was surprised at how unfamiliar was that episode. Watching it yesterday morning I was quite certain I had never watched it before yesterday morning.

I remember now. That was 2 PM I started watching it. Then I went to sleep around 4 PM. I dreamed while asleep extensively, for what must have been several minutes, of Julia Roberts. I met her mother. Julia was driving me in her car somewhere. And now I cannot recall anything about the sleeping dream I had just before waking up. Oh now I remember. Another extensive dream. In that one I started off standing on the deck of a US Navy ship. The ship was supposed to be the USS Taylor FFG 50 in the dream but the deck layout was different. I was facing the hangar deck while standing on the helicopter deck and I had a bulkhead behind me which is wrong. I remember I was standing there and two women who were photographers came onboard. Oh yeah, that reminds me, I think that was what Julia Roberts said was her profession in an earlier dream. I already had the title and basically all the content established of the post that might - maybe - follow this post and that was before I went to sleep yesterday. So anyway I am standing there on the deck and I am aware that I am wearing a jacket over my white US Navy uniform. I have the US Navy Cross ribbon on my US Navy uniform. I start to take off the jacket. Then I make a comment to another person standing next to me that I seem to have been wearing two jackets and that must have been why I was sweating so much. Then I am walking around the ship and I am trying to get to the berthing compartment I was assigned to. Even now if I went aboard the USS Taylor FFG 50 I could find my way there in a matter of minutes. And in the dream I wasn't lost but there was some differences in what I was seeing. For one thing I got trapped behind a ladder in the passageway. The feeling was very claustrophobic. I had heard dialog from a sailor earlier who had commented about fixing a leak somewhere and I was there trapped behind that stairwell ladder and I felt saltwater dripping and I saw a distinct crack in the material coating the inside of the hull and there was a tiny stream of ocean water through it. I seemed to have made my way out of there and the rest of the dream was similar. I was walking around passageways and climbing ladders and looking at details on the bulkheads. There was something somewhat familiar about the structures in the sense of my memory of the passageways on the Taylor but the details were also completely wrong. I recall passing a small window to the corpsman office. Then I passed by a small window that had a placard on it indicating that it was used by the ship's commanding officer and I knew his stateroom was on the other side of the bulkhead and I briefly noted how there seemed to be a two-way mirror there in that I couldn't see in from that side. That was as I started to climb up a ladder and that was all wrong because that was supposed to be a main passageway and the ladder required a lot of effort to get anything beyond that point. There was other stuff that has faded from my mind now.

At some other point I seemed to be talking to Lesa Jewell and nothing about the surroundings was familiar. I seemed to be in a restaurant. I had traveled there perhaps with some kind of special technology. An even younger woman, perhaps her sister, wanted to know if she could drive my vehicle. I cannot recall now if she was referring to the large 4-wheel drive pickup I had seen myself driving at some point in another part of the dreams I had last night or if she was referring to something I seemed to have flown in there. I just cannot now recall those precise details. I think I flew there, as in levitation flight. That visualization escapes me now. Another part in that scene was about some kind of special light bulb I was trying to sell apparently something I had invented. I was selling them for $80, and then I said the price was $79.95, and I wanted the operator of the restaurant to have one for free. A woman, one of the operators of the restaurant, was talking to me and I told her I am a professor of physics. She said to me, "Oh? What topic did you choose?" And I replied "Physics."





http://www.snpp.com/episodes/1F11.html


Bart Gets Famous


Original airdate in N.A.: 3-Feb-94


On "Late Night with Conan O'Brien", Bart tries to talk to the host.

Bart: You know, Conan, I have a lot to say. I'm not just a one-line wonder. Did you know that a section of rain forest the size of Kansas is burned every single --

Conan: Just do the line.

Bart: [glum] I didn't do it.

[Everyone laughs and cheers]

Conan: [laughs] Great material.










http://www.chakoteya.net/Voyager/612.htm

Blink Of An Eye

Stardate: Unknown

Original Airdate: January 19, 2000

[Bridge]

PARIS: That's one planet that never showed up on the multiple choice exam.

TUVOK: Its gravimetric readings are similar to that of a collapsed dwarf star. It also resembles a quasar, in that it has a high rate of rotation, approximately fifty eight revolutions per minute.

JANEWAY: Shall we take a closer look?

CHAKOTAY: That's what we're here for.

JANEWAY: Tom, put us in a high orbit.

PARIS: Aye.

TUVOK: Our warp drive is offline.

CHAKOTAY: Why?

TUVOK: Unknown.

JANEWAY: Back us off.

PARIS: Our impulse engines aren't responding.

JANEWAY: Use the auxiliary thrusters.

KIM: We're in some kind of gravimetric gradient. It's pulling us toward the planet.

[Planet surface - early culture]

SHAMAN: The new one is brighter than Tahal or any of his brothers in the sky.

NATIVE: What does he want from us?

SHAMAN: To answer that, we must learn the nature of this God. We must understand the reason for his arrival. You were making an offering to Tahal.

NATIVE: I placed the fire-fruit on his altar. Then the ground shook. I looked up and the new one was there.

SHAMAN: The fire-fruit. Where is it? The new one doesn't want Tahal to have the fire-fruit. Make an altar for Him as big as Tahal's. The fire-fruit is only for the New One. No more for the people. It is His alone. Ground Shaker, Light Bringer! Take this today, and every day. Accept our offering. Do not harm us.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 02:30 AM Pacific Time Seattle USA Friday 24 May 2013