Friday, May 31, 2013

Bi-fold sliding




JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 9/26/2006 9:11 PM
I wonder why I have the memory of almost losing my wallet when I went to see this movie. I was at my off-base Charleston, SC, apartment when I went to see the movie with Jim Shea and his girlfriend, Phyllis, both formerly of Hollywood, FL. They didn’t really want to go see it but went along after asking me what I wanted to see. After we got back to the apartment, I realized I had lost my wallet and went back to the theatre to look for it. I was relieved that I was able to find the very seat I had been sitting in and the wallet was still there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_%281989_film%29

Batman is a 1989 Academy Award-winning superhero film based on the Batman character



Almost losing my wallet must symbolic of something greater but I don’t know what it could be and why it would be associated with this movie.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 26 September 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096895/releaseinfo

IMDb


Release dates for

Batman (1989)

Country Date

USA 19 June 1989 (Westwood, California) (premiere)



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096895/fullcredits

IMDb


Full cast and crew for

Batman (1989)


Michael Keaton ... Batman / Bruce Wayne
Kim Basinger ... Vicki Vale










http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=1026708

cd Universe


Don Henley - End of the Innocence Audio CD


End of the Innocence album by Don Henley was released Jun 19, 1989


Label Geffen


Release Date Jun 19, 1989





http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/donhenley/theendoftheinnocence.html


DON HENLEY


"The End Of The Innocence"


And we've been poisoned by these fairy tales
The lawyers dwell on small details
Since daddy had to fly










http://www.siouxlandchamber.com/flight-232-memorial.html


Siouxland Chamber of Commerce


Things To Do & See > Local Attractions > Flight 232 Memorial


Flight 232 Memorial

Commemorating the heroic rescue efforts shown by the Sioux City community after the crash of United Flight 232 in 1989, this statue depicts Colonel Dennis Nielsen carrying a young child to safety. The memorial is part of Sioux City's riverfront development located near the Anderson Dance Pavilion.

The memorial features contemplative areas and a tree-lined approach with plaques narrating the tragic event.










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/B/Batman_1989_CD2.html


Batman


Where does he get those wonderful toys?
- Get in the car. - Which one?
Let's go.
Shields.
How much do you weigh?
About 108, I think.
Hold on.
Grab that thing on my belt.
Don't let go.
No blood.
Who is this guy?
Check his wallet.
- Wait. - What is that?
Some kind of body armor. He's human after all.
Take off the mask.
Shoot her!
Shields open.
You weigh more than 108.
- Really?










From 4/9/1986 To 7/19/1989 is 1197 days










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Where_Is_Everybody%3F


Where Is Everybody?

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Where Is Everybody?" is the first episode of the American television anthology series The Twilight Zone. It was first broadcast on October 2, 1959.


A man finds himself alone walking towards a diner. Inside he finds a jukebox playing loudly, and coffee hot on the stove, but no one else. He inquires for some breakfast, but no chef or waitress is to be found. He is dressed in an Air Force flight suit, but he does not remember who he is or how he got there.










From 2/24/1836 To 6/8/1928 is 33707 days

From 7/20/1873 To 11/2/1965 is 33707 days










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Lewis_(department_store_founder)


John Lewis (department store founder)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

John Lewis (24 February 1836 – 8 June 1928) was the founder of the John Lewis department store on Oxford Street, London.










http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/523393/Alberto-Santos-Dumont


Encyclopædia Britannica


Alberto Santos-Dumon


Alberto Santos-Dumont, (born July 20, 1873, Cabangu, near Palmyra [now Santos-Dumont], Minas Gerais, Braz.—died July 23, 1932, Guarujá, São Paulo), Brazilian aviation pioneer who captured the imagination of Europe and the United States with his airship flights and made the first significant flight of a powered airplane in Europe with his No. 14-bis.




http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alberto_Santos-Dumont


Alberto Santos-Dumont

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Alberto Santos-Dumont (20 July 1873 – 23 July 1932) was a Brazilian aviation pioneer. The heir of a wealthy family of coffee producers, Santos Dumont dedicated himself to aeronautical study and experimentation in Paris, France, where he spent most of his adult life.

Santos-Dumont designed, built, and flew the first practical dirigible, demonstrating that routine, controlled flight was possible. This "conquest of the air", in particular his winning the Deutsch de la Meurthe prize on 19 October 1901 on a flight that rounded the Eiffel Tower, made him one of the most famous people in the world during the early 20th century.










http://www.tv.com/shows/the-twilight-zone/where-is-everybody-12585/recap/


tv.com


The Twilight Zone Season 1 Episode 1

Where is Everybody?


EPISODE RECAP


Suddenly a phone inside the park right across the street begins to ring and he sprints to answer it. When he answers it, though, there is no one there. He frantically tries to reach the operator, but like the luck he has had earlier nothing, not even a ring tone.

Then he places a quarter in the phone booth and hears the operator. As he tries to talk to the operator he realizes that it's a recording. With no luck on the phone he hangs up. He sees the directory for the town called Oakwood. This man thinks about who might be watching the stores and begins to feel watched. He tries to leave the [ phone booth ] but the door is lock. He yells at the people of the town thinking one of them did it, but he sees no one around the town. Finally he figures out that he was trying to open the door the wrong way.










http://www.tv.com/shows/the-twilight-zone/watch/where-is-everybody-12585/


tv.com


The Twilight Zone Season 1 Episode 1

Where is Everybody?


FULL EPISODE: WHERE IS EVERYBODY? (25:00)










http://www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-bifold-wallet-black/p318764


John Lewis


John Lewis Bifold Wallet


Product information

If you have loads of loyalty, bank and credit cards, then this leather wallet is perfect for you. Its bifold design opens up to reveal 5 card slots, two note compartments and two receipt sections.










http://www.nytimes.com/2005/11/06/books/review/06zacharek.html


The New York Times


'Dean and Me': That's Amore

By STEPHANIE ZACHAREK

Published: November 6, 2005

Jerry Lewis and Dean Martin played their last show together on Tuesday, July 24, 1956, at the Copacabana in New York, 10 years to the day after they had first cemented their partnership as a comedy team. "When I awoke on Wednesday afternoon," Lewis writes in "Dean and Me," his memoir of the years he spent as the goofier half of Martin and Lewis, and of the pair's stinging breakup, "I understood how an amputee must feel."










From 11/7/1932 To 7/24/1956 is 8660 days

From 11/2/1965 To 7/19/1989 is 8660 days










http://www.tv.com/shows/the-twilight-zone/where-is-everybody-12585/trivia/


tv.com


The Twilight Zone Season 1 Episode 1

Where is Everybody?

QUOTES


(Opening Narration)

Narrator: The place is here, the time is now, and the journey into the shadows that we're about to watch could be OUR journey.










https://www.google.com/patents/US2037094?printsec=abstract&dq=ininventor:%22Percival+H.+Sherron%22&ei=dkGdUYu7G7HyigKKj4GoDA#v=onepage&q&f=false


Google Patents


TELEPHONE BOOTH

Percival H. Sherron


Abstract


Patent number: 2037094

Filing date: May 31, 1933

Issue date: Apr 14, 1936



http://www.freepatentsonline.com/2037094.html


FPO


Title: Telephone booth United States Patent 2037094


Inventors: Sherron, Percival H.

Publication Date: 04/14/1936

Assignee: Sherron, Percival H.


Description: This invention relates to a telephone booth and has particular reference to means for mounting a telephone therein in different vertical positions so that it will be in convenient location for a standing or seated user.

The invention particularly relates to the type of telephone booth described and claimed in my application, Serial No. 641,592, filed November 7, 1932, which discloses a booth of novel construction and preferably of circular or polygonal form.

The various objects of the invention relating particularly to details of construction will become apparent from the following description read in conjunction with the accompanying drawings










http://www.tv.com/shows/the-twilight-zone/where-is-everybody-12585/recap/


tv.com


The Twilight Zone Season 1 Episode 1

Where is Everybody?


EPISODE RECAP


Suddenly a phone inside the park right across the street begins to ring and he sprints to answer it. When he answers it, though, there is no one there. He frantically tries to reach the operator, but like the luck he has had earlier nothing, not even a ring tone.

Then he places a quarter in the phone booth and hears the operator. As he tries to talk to the operator he realizes that it's a recording. With no luck on the phone he hangs up. He sees the directory for the town called Oakwood. This man thinks about who might be watching the stores and begins to feel watched. He tries to leave the [ phone booth ] but the door is lock. He yells at the people of the town thinking one of them did it, but he sees no one around the town. Finally he figures out that he was trying to open the door the wrong way. He then wanders, aimlessly, into the police station muttering something about the feeling he has about being watched.










http://www.chakoteya.net/movies/movie8.html

Star Trek: First Contact


DATA: Sensors show chronometric particles emanating from the sphere.

PICARD: They're creating a temporal vortex.

RIKER: Time travel!










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 08/02/09 1:13 AM
I have been trying to fall asleep for a while now but I don't feel the least bit sleepy and it is worse because my leg aches. So anyway, I just now suddenly remembered a dream I had just before waking up last time, or at I think it was just before waking up, but I know it was the last time I was asleep and I woke up I guess about 8:00 AM yesterday. There were several sequences in the dream but I only remember now this one scene that I wanted to write about after I got up. As I write this now I think to myself that I woke up after the dream I wanted to write about and I might have gone back to sleep for a short time because I was thinking about how I could no longer visualize the details I wanted to remember from the dream. The dream seemed to be of me in a bank and I was given a key to a safety deposity box and I could clearly see the four digit number on the key and then I could see that I was looking at a wall with the doors of a group of safety deposit boxes and one of those doors matched the number on the key. I found myself thinking after I woke up though that these setting seemed to precisely match what I would see if I was in a post office though and I even thought during the dream that whatever was in my safety deposit box was getting more packed because apparently information was being put into it and that matches precisely to a mailbox in a U.S. Post Office. But yet, the notion lingers that it had something to do with a safety deposit box and that remains as an important notion despite the fact that my visualizations seem to match with the post office. So I was standing there and I clearly saw the number on the key but there was some dialog in my mind that I was not going to open that box at that time and so I was walking through the notional bank office but that visually seemed to be a post office and I was going into another room and I cannot now remember what happened there. It seemed there was another storage locker that I was going in there for but I cannot remember anything else except some scenes as I walked around through the structures in that bank or post office. I found myself wondering several times after waking about that number on that key and I think it was '6943' but there was some uncertainty in my mind after waking up because I could no longer visualize it although I feel certain that I did visualize it clearly during the dream.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 02 August 2009 excerpt ends]










http://www.chakoteya.net/movies/movie4.html

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home


[Plexicorp Factory - Nichol's office]

SCOTT: Well, this a fine place you have here, Doctor Nichols.

NICHOLS: Thank you. I must say, Professor, your knowledge of engineering is most impressive.

McCOY: Back home, we call him the miracle worker.

NICHOLS: Indeed. ...May I offer you something, gentlemen?

SCOTT: Doctor Nichols, I may be able to offer something to you.

NICHOLS: Yes?

SCOTT: I notice you're still working with polymers.

NICHOLS: Still? What else would I be working with?

SCOTT: Ah, what else indeed? I'll put it another way. How thick would a piece of your plexiglass need to be, at sixty feet by ten feet to withstand the pressure of eighteen thousand cubic feet of water?

NICHOLS: That's easy, six inches. We carry stuff that big in stock.

SCOTT: Aye, I've noticed. Now suppose, ...just suppose, ...I was to show you a way to manufacture a wall that would do the same job but be only one inch thick. Would that be worth something to you, eh?

NICHOLS: You're joking?

McCOY: Perhaps the professor could use your computer.

NICHOLS: Please.

SCOTT: Computer... Computer!

(McCoy hands him the computer mouse which Scott tries to use as a microphone)

SCOTT: Ah! Hello computer?

NICHOLS: Just use the keyboard.

SCOTT: The keyboard. ...How quaint.

(Scott rapidly types a formula into the computer that appears on the monitor screen)

NICHOLS: Transparent aluminum?

SCOTT: That's the ticket, laddie.

NICHOLS: It would take years just to figure out the dynamics of this matrix.

McCOY: Yes, but you'd be rich beyond the dreams of avarice.

SCOTT: So, is it worth something to you? Or should I just punch up 'clear'.

NICHOLS: No! No! (a female employee comes into the office) ...Not now Madeline! ...What exactly did you have in mind?

McCOY: Well, a moment alone, please. ...Do you realise of course, if we give him the formula, we're altering the future.

SCOTT: Why? How do we know he didn't invent the thing!

McCOY: Yeah!



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 9:33 PM Pacific Time Seattle USA Friday 31 May 2013