Saturday, May 11, 2013

But they won't slow down the roundabout




http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080684/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (1980)


Han Solo: You said you wanted to be around when I made a mistake, well, this could be it










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/S/Star_Wars_Episode_5_(Empire_Strikes_Back)_CD1.html


Star Wars Episode 5 (Empire Strikes Back)


We're gonna get pulverized if we stay out here much longer.
- Ain't gonna argue with that. - Pulverized?
I'm going closer to one of the big ones.
- Closer? - Closer?
This is suicide! There's nowhere to go.
There. That looks pretty good.
What looks pretty good?
Yeah. That'll do nicely.
Excuse me, ma'am, but where are we going?
I hope you know what you're doing.



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080684/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (1980)


Princess Leia: I hope you know what you're doing.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120873/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

U.S. Marshals (1998)


Catherine Walsh: Never one to be afraid of the obvious. I admire that in a man, Sam.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 14:24:34 -0700 (PDT)

From: "Kerry Burgess"

Subject: Re: Sleep journal 4/6/06

To: "Kerry Burgess"


Kerry Burgess wrote:

Details about my recent sleep are very fuzzy today. Can't remember for sure when I woke up. 3 am maybe. Or maybe shortly after midnight, can't really remember as I usually can. Remember dreaming something about driving my Jeep. Then I returned to it where it was parked in a parking lot after I was traveling through some passageways, hallways in a transit facility maybe. The only part I remember clearly is where a woman, I assume was my imaginary girlfriend asked me out for drinks or something. I told her we needed to keep it really casual though because all I had to wear was sweatpants. Kind of the downside to dating a homeless person I reflect now as I write this. She told me she would wear something with holes in it. I hope that was her in my dream, although the woman in the dream seemed to be someone unfamilar though. But I have noticed that happening with other people I know. They are represented, somehow, by a different person, but I think of them as someone specific. I feel like that is part of the manipulation. I have noticed something similar in real dreams, but I don't think it is the same here. I think they are disquising themselves in my dream for some reason. Anyway, if it really was her, she actually doesn't have to worry about dressing down if we were to go out. Of course, if I have my way, it would be a moot point because why would I want to go out with her when I am in such an ugly situation? At the minimum, I would want to be back to work so that I have regained some independence. And hey, next time you are in my dreams, dear imaginary girlfriend, how about wearing a bikini? Red would be good, or yellow maybe. That would be sweet!


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 06 April 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080684/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (1980)


Han Solo: Hey, Your Worship, I'm only trying to help.

Princess Leia: Would you please stop calling me that?

Han Solo: Sure, Leia.

Princess Leia: You make it so difficult sometimes.

Han Solo: I do, I really do. You could be a little nicer, though. Come on, admit it. Sometimes you think I'm all right.

Princess Leia: Occasionally, maybe... when you aren't acting like a scoundrel.

Han Solo: Scoundrel? Scoundrel? I like the sound of that.

[Han starts to massage Leia's hand]

Princess Leia: Stop that.

Han Solo: Stop what?

Princess Leia: [timidly] Stop that. My hands are dirty.

Han Solo: My hands are dirty, too. What are you afraid of?

Princess Leia: Afraid?

Han Solo: You're trembling.

Princess Leia: I'm not trembling.

[Han moves in closer]

Han Solo: You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.

Princess Leia: I happen to like nice men.

Han Solo: I'm nice men.

Princess Leia: No, you're not.










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/S/Star_Wars_Episode_5_(Empire_Strikes_Back)_CD1.html


Star Wars Episode 5 (Empire Strikes Back)


Your Highness, we must take this last transport. It's our only hope.
Send all troops in Sector 12 to the south slope to protect the fighters.
Imperial troops have entered the base.
Imperial troops have entered...
Come on. That's it.
Give the evacuation code signal.
And get to your transports.
Wait for me.
Begin retreat!
Fall back!
- Distance to power generators? - 17.28.
Target. Maximum firepower.
Transport, this is Solo. Take off. I can't get to you.
I'll get her out on the Falcon. Come on.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080684/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (1980)


[C-3PO and R2-D2 are first seen walking in the underground base on Ice Planet Hoth]

C-3PO: I didn't ask you to turn on the thermal heater. I merely commented that it was freezing in the princess's chamber...

R2-D2: [Chirps his objection]

C-3PO: But it's SUPPOSED to be freezing! How we are ever going to dry out her clothes, I really don't know!










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 7:31 PM FRIDAY, JULY 27, 2007


I also pondered over how she is wearing that silver bracelet and I have on that silver identification band that all the racers wore during the event.


http://www.asiorders.com/view_user_event.asp?EVENTID=3488&ID=8462793&FROM=photos&BIB=878


http://gallery.phoebe-cates.com/v/current/current54.jpg.html


http://gallery.phoebe-cates.com/v/current/current05.jpg.html



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De-Lovely


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 27 July 2007 excerpt ends]










http://www.chakoteya.net/movies/movie8.html

Star Trek: First Contact


[Montana settlement bar]

COCHRANE: Let me make sure that I understand you correctly, ...Commander. A group of cybernetic creatures from the future have travelled back through time to enslave the human race, and you're here to stop them.

RIKER: That's right.

COCHRANE: Hot damn, you're heroic. Ha, ha, ha.










Something not cleared up? Maybe you're scared. Scared of the paradox. Take a chance. Use your knowledge of the future. That's why you have me now. We're sensing the same thing, you and I.

The solution is a reflex action. I could draw a symbol and that would trigger a reflex action in my mind. After that initial reflex action happens, just as with breathing then I can learn to control the action and all because of the confidence from the initial reflex action. But it won't happen until I see the image I need to see. The action is completely locked in my mind. The action is not even a physical component of my biological presence.





http://www.chakoteya.net/NextGen/260.htm

Attached

Stardate: 47304.2

Original Airdate: Nov 8, 1993


[Cavern]

CRUSHER: There's a ledge about thirty metres up. That should lead to another tunnel that connects up to the surface.

PICARD: Right.

(Picard starts up the rock face)

PICARD: I heard that. They were not words exactly. A sudden sense of fear. A sense of fear of heights.

CRUSHER: So much for that being a fluke.

PICARD: It was a strange sensation. Suddenly having these thoughts appear in my mind.

CRUSHER: If you sensed a fear of heights, you sensed pretty accurately.

PICARD: Come on, you've done this before. It's just like on a holodeck. One step at a time, just climbing steadily and slowly.

CRUSHER: Right.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080684/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (1980)


Princess Leia: You're not actually going IN to an asteroid field?

Han Solo: They'd be crazy to follow us, wouldn't they?










http://stargate-wiki.org/wiki/Transcript:Hide_and_Seek


STARGATE WIKI


Transcript:Hide and Seek


MCKAY
Ever seen a twenty kiloton nuclear explosion?

SHEPPARD
I have.

[Everyone stares at Sheppard.]

SHEPPARD
(dismissively)
Not up close.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 5:51 PM Wednesday, September 21, 2011


I had hoped I could watch for the first time the DVD for the 1960 film "The Time Machine" and not stop to make any shatteringly relevant comments but nope, no such luck.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 21 September 2011 excerpt ends]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 05/04/09 11:14 PM
I had another dream about being in that house I owned in Greer, SC, and that dream seemed to be early into my sleep period. An odd observation about that dream is that I seemed to dream about that dream a one or two hours later or maybe slightly more later than that. It seems to have been several hours before I got up. In that later dream I seemed to be thinking over that first dream and then I was dreaming or thinking or both about this time right now as I write about both dreams. In that first dream I walked through that short hallway and into the master bedroom on the main level of the house that I was using as an office while my bedroom was in one of the bedrooms upstairs. So anyway I had just walked into that room and I was turned towards the door in that room that connects to the deck on that back of the house and then suddenly there was a very bright light. In the dream I knew that a nuclear bomb had just exploded and then I was face down on the floor with my face covered by my hands or pressed into my arms and I guess I was wearing only a pair of shorts and I was aware that the hair on my body was standing up as though I was receiving an electrical shock. I have thought several before this dream that for certain people in the proximity of a nuclear blast the only reaction their senses will register after the blast and depending on their distance from the blast will be a sense of electric shock. So I was there on the floor and I was thinking the flash should only last a second or two but after what seemed to be quite a few seconds I peeked out very slightly from the my body covering my eyes and I could still see there was a blinding white light flooding the area. I was also thinking during that time in the dream or I was thinking this later in that later dream that I could also hear a sound and I guess it was the sound of the bomb traveling through air. But I am not certain what that means other than the obvious of what I was thinking during the dream. So I was still there and I was wondering if I was going to die because the fire slowly roasted me alive and I was wondering if another bomb was going to drop directly on my location and incinerate me first.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 04 May 2009 excerpt ends]





1960 film "The Time Machine" DVD video:

00:41:33


Filby: That's the last alert! Hurry! Hurry!

H. George Wells: Listen - listen, this is important.

Filby: Look. An atomic satellite zeroing in. That's important. Come on! Come on!

H. George Wells: But I've got to talk to you!

Filby: Come on!

H. George Wells: Filby? Filby!

Filby: Hurry! Hide till the all clear.

H. George Wells: But, but, Filby, I've got to talk to you!

H. George Wells: [ narrating ] The labor of centuries gone in an instant. But then mother earth, aroused by man's violence, responded with volcanic violence of her own. Only my speed through time saved me from being roasted alive










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080684/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (1980)


C-3PO: Sir, the possibility of successfully navigating an asteroid field is approximately 3,720 to 1.

Han Solo: Never tell me the odds.










http://www.online-literature.com/crane/redbadge


THE LITERATURE NETWORK


Stephen Crane


The Red Badge of Courage



http://www.online-literature.com/crane/redbadge/2


THE LITERATURE NETWORK


Literature Network » Stephen Crane » The Red Badge of Courage » Chapter 2


Chapter 2


The youth felt, however, that his problem was in no wise lifted from him. There was, on the contrary, an irritating prolongation. The tale had created in him a great concern for himself. Now, with the newborn question in his mind, he was compelled to sink back into his old place as part of a blue demonstration.

For days he made ceaseless calculations, but they were all wondrously unsatisfactory. He found that he could establish nothing. He finally concluded that the only way to prove himself was to go into the blaze, and then figuratively to watch his legs to discover their merits and faults. He reluctantly admitted that he could not sit still and with a mental slate and pencil derive an answer. To gain it, he must have blaze, blood, and danger, even as a chemist requires this, that, and the other. So he fretted for an opportunity.










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=41359

The American Presidency Project

Ronald Reagan

XL President of the United States: 1981 - 1989

Radio Address to the Nation on the Observance of Armed Forces Day

May 21, 1983

My fellow Americans:


The answers to these questions are not found in simple slogans, but again, in paradoxes.










http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/duranduran/thereflex.html

DURAN DURAN LYRICS

"The Reflex"

"You've gone too far this time"
But I'm dancing on the valentine
I tell you somebody's fooling around
With my chances on the dangerline
I'll cross that bridge when I find it
Another day to make my stand
High time is no time for deciding
If I should find a helping hand

[CHORUS]
So why don't you use it?
Try not to bruise it
Buy time don't lose it
The reflex is an only child he's waiting in the park
The reflex is in charge of finding treasure in the dark
And watching over lucky clover isn't that bizarre
Every little thing the reflex does
Leaves you answered with a question mark

I'm on a ride and I want to get off
But they won't slow down the roundabout
I sold the Renoir and the TV set
Don't want to be around when this gets out










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080736/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

The Final Countdown (1980)


Commander Dan Thurman: For Christ's sake! What is this, some half-assed Princeton debating society?










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088763/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

Back to the Future (1985)


Marty McFly: [Reading a letter he has just written] Dear Doctor Brown, On the night I travel beck in time you will be shot by terrorists. Please do whatever is nessisary to prevent this terrible tragedy from occurring. Your friend, Marty.

[Writes the words "Do not open until 1985" on the envelope]










http://movie.subtitlr.com/subtitle/show/410049


The Andromeda Strain (2008) [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]


The idea that Andromeda might be a coded message from the future.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0338337/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

Paycheck (2003)


Jimmy Rethrick: I am the future.










http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/p/paycheck-script-transcript-ben-affleck.html


Paycheck [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]


He believed if you could see
around a curve that went on forever
you would end up back
where you started,
looking at yourself.
Except you're not looking
at yourself now, in the present.
No, you are not.
You're looking at the future.
Imagine what will happen if Jennings
figures it out and tries to profit from it.










http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/p/paycheck-script-transcript-ben-affleck.html


Paycheck [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]


What are these pictures of?
Michael, look at the rest
of the pictures.
Look at the last one.
Oh, my God. It's the future.
The machine predicts a war,
and we go to war to avert it.
It predicts a plague. We herd
all the sick together, create a plague.
Whatever future this predicts,
we make happen.
We give over control
of our lives completely.
I did this.
Seeing the future will destroy us.
If you show someone their future,
they have no future.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0343818/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

I, Robot (2004)


Detective Del Spooner: So what hospital are you going to? I'll meet you there and sign you and your buddies' casts.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thank_God,_It's_Doomsday

Thank God, It's Doomsday

"Thank God, It's Doomsday" is the nineteenth episode of The Simpsons' sixteenth season. The episode aired for the first time on May 8, 2005, in the US.


This causes many of Springfield's residents to believe that Homer is right in predicting that at 3:15 p.m. on May 18, the apocalypse will come, and so the believers follow him to the Springfield Mesa to wait for it.



http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/Made-up_words

Simpsons


Throughhole

A type of road of relatively unknown description; it could be a combination of a thruway and a tunnel.

In the episode "Thank God It's Doomsday" there are two references to a road leading out of Springfield called the Warren Harding Memorial Throughhole.



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_G._Harding

Warren G. Harding

Warren Gamaliel Harding (November 2, 1865 – August 2, 1923) was the 29th President of the United States



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 10:09 PM Pacific Time Seattle USA Saturday 11 May 2013