Thursday, May 23, 2013

Fire Birds (1990)




http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099575/quotes

IMDb


Memorable quotes for

Fire Birds (1990)


Brad Little: [demonstrating Apache's capabilities to Preston] You could crash this thing at twenty G's and survive but I am NOT going to prove it to you!










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099575/quotes

IMDb


Memorable quotes for

Fire Birds (1990)


[Jake is trying to rescue Guthrie from Stoller]

Jake Preston: You're not touching her you filthy piece of shit!










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 08/03/09 1:02 PM
There was a lot of stuff in a dream just before I woke up but I only remember fairly clearly one part and I wish I could remember it all. I also just now remember as I write this that I was dreaming of work again. I woke up at some point in the middle of my sleep period and I had been dreaming extensively of all this work I am now doing and I have that type of dream often, as I have noted. So anyway, it was not until after I had been awake for a few minutes that what the dream visuals reminded me of is of a parachute tandem jump but in the dream it was different and I don't think that is what it represents as I doubt I have ever made a tandem jump as it appeared in the dream. The reason I started thinking about a tandem jump is because there was a guy behind me and there was some kind of device that had us both attached as though it was connected to our clothing and that was in turn linked together. As I wrote that last sentence, I started thinking it could actually represent we were on a 'chain gang.' So anyway, in the dream, we were in some large room not unlike a warehouse or an auditorium and I am aware there were other people around. The point I remember clearly and that started me thinking about a tandem parachute jump was the I saw my foot and my lower leg in the air as I was falling to the ground but what I was doing in the dream was that I had knocked the feet out from that guy I was attached to and I was causing him to fall to the ground so I could cause all my weight to land on top of him as he hit the ground so I could injure him as much as possible. The next scene is in some kind of room and it almost seems to be some kind of machinery room but I cannot visualize any specifics so I can describe why I feel that is where we are and I am left with the vague sense that it is some kind of tool and machinery room on an aircraft carrier. I am also left with the vague sense that new person in that room is the actor Edward James Olmos but that person is really only an indistinct figure. The dream at this part seems to be that I am getting the lock taken off me and I can visualize the lock as the kind of brass lock with the U-hinge that the U.S. Navy uses and the guy that had been attached to me as well as the other person in the room both have a large set of keys and they are trying to figure out which key will open the lock. I look down and read that there is a '9913' stamped on the lock that restrains me and it is that Olmos-figure that has the key stamped '9913' and that does indeed unlock my lock. I don't remember anything else after that in the dream and I guess that is when I woke up and got out of bed.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 3 August 2009 excerpt ends]










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099575/quotes

IMDb


Memorable quotes for

Fire Birds (1990)


Jake Preston: Oops. You blew it.










From 9/21/1968 ( premiere US TV series "Adam-12" ) To 8/3/2009 ( "they are trying to figure out which key will open the lock" ) is 14926 days

14926 = 7463 + 7463

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 4/9/1986 ( --- ) is 7463 days



From 1/19/1993 ( in Asheville North Carolina as Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess I was seriously wounded by gunfire when I returned fatal gunfire to a fugitive from United States federal justice who was another criminal sent by Bill Gates-Nazi-Microsoft-George Bush the cowardly violent criminal in another attempt to kill me the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/3/2009 ( "they are trying to figure out which key will open the lock" ) is 6040 days

6040 = 3020 + 3020

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 2/8/1974 ( premiere US TV series "Good Times" ) is 3020 days



From 8/1/1980 ( premiere US film "The Final Countdown" ) To 8/3/2009 ( "they are trying to figure out which key will open the lock" ) is 10594 days

10594 = 5297 + 5297

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 5/4/1980 ( premiere US TV series episode "Galactica 1980"::series finale episode "The Return of Starbuck" ) is 5297 days



From 8/1/1980 ( premiere US film "The Final Countdown" ) To 8/3/2009 ( "they are trying to figure out which key will open the lock" ) is 10594 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 11/4/1994 ( premiere US film "Frankenstein" ) is 10594 days










1980 film "The Final Countdown" DVD video:


US Navy chief petty officer: It's a code.

US Navy commander Dan Thurman - USS Nimitz CVN 68 executive officer: Can you break it, Chief?

US Navy chief petty officer: I think someone's putting us on.

US Navy commander Dan Thurman - USS Nimitz CVN 68 executive officer: Why?

US Navy chief petty officer: Because I learned this code at Great Lakes. It's ancient.










http://www.chakoteya.net/movies/movie8.html

Star Trek: First Contact


(there is more thudding)

CRUSHER: Computer. Activate the EMH programme.

EMERGENCY MEDICAL HOLOGRAM: Please state the nature of the medical emergency.

CRUSHER: Twenty Borg are about to break through that door. We need time to get out of here. Create a diversion.

EMERGENCY MEDICAL HOLOGRAM: This isn't part of my programme. I'm a doctor, not a doorstop.

CRUSHER: Well do a dance. Tell a story. I don't care. Just give us a few seconds.










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=34289

The American Presidency Project

Ronald Reagan

XL President of the United States: 1981 - 1989

Remarks at the Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences Commencement Ceremony

May 16th, 1987

Thank you all very much. And Secretary Weinberger, Chairman Olch, Dean Sanford, members of the graduating class, and ladies and gentlemen, I must tell you before I start how relieved I was when Dean Sanford told me that I was going to walk on after the procession. I thought that I was going to come in with the dean, and with his reputation, I'd been afraid that the good news was that we might perch on the backstage rafters and rappel in— [laughter] —and the bad news, that we'd jump from 10,000 feet. [Laughter] But it's a pleasure to be here to welcome you the graduates of this the West Point and Annapolis and Colorado Springs for physicians into your new profession as military and Public Health Service doctors.

You know, I hope you won't mind if I pause for a minute, but that reminds me of something. At my age, everything reminds you of something. [Laughter] People will be calling you doctor. And there are all kinds of doctors. I'm even one kind of doctor. Last week down at Tuskegee University, at the commencement there, I was awarded an honorary degree. I am a doctor of laws now. And I told them at that time that they had compounded a sense of guilt I had nursed for some 55 years, because I always was suspicious that the first degree I got, when I graduated from college, was honorary. [Laughter] You know, I was devoted to some other activities, such as football and swimming and campus dramatics. And I've often wondered, since, if I'd spent more time and worked harder as a student how far I might have gone. [Laughter]

But seriously, there's no doubt about what you, with your hard work, have accomplished. The British poet Robert Louis Stevenson, once said: "There are men and classes of men that stand out; the soldier and the sailor, not unfrequently, and the physician almost as a rule."










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=34289

The American Presidency Project

Ronald Reagan

XL President of the United States: 1981 - 1989

Remarks at the Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences Commencement Ceremony

May 16th, 1987


When I hear about the can-do spirit of America's doctors in uniform, it reminds me of a story about a group of marines. I hope those of you in the other services will forgive me for telling this, but the get-it-done spirit applies to all of America's physicians in uniform. These marines had been sent to the Army airborne school for training. And came the day for the first jump, the training officer told them that the planes would come in at 1,500 feet, they would jump from the plane, hit the ground, and move south. The marines seemed a little disturbed by this, and they went into a huddle. Then one of them as a spokesman for the group went to the officer and asked couldn't the plane come in at 500 feet instead of 1,500? And the officer explained that if they took the plane in too low, it wouldn't give them time for the parachutes to open. And he said, "Oh, you mean we're wearing parachutes?" [Laughter]










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095016/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

Die Hard (1988)


Dwayne T. Robinson: Oh, I hope that's not a hostage.










From 2/17/1959 ( the United States Vanguard II satellite launched into orbit of the planet Earth ) To 4/9/1986 ( --- ) is 9913 days










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/F/Final_Countdown_The_1980_CD2.html


Final Countdown The


What the hell's going on down there?
He says one more attempt to trick him and the girl is dead.
There'll be no tricks. He can use the radio room if he frees the girl.
Says he doesn't believe you.
Why don't you tell him what's going on here, Commander?
You're an expert on what's gonna happen tomorrow
tell him about it, for God's sakes.
Go on, tell him! We got nothing to lose!
Go ahead, tell him.
26 November, six carriers left the Coral Isles north ofJapan.
The carriers were the Akagi, Kaga, Shokaku
Zuikaku, Hiryu, Soryu.
Tomorrow at dawn, these carriers will send 353 planes
to attack Pearl Harbor.
How in the hell do you know all that?










From 4/9/1986 ( --- ) To 5/25/1990 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - premiere US film "Back to the Future Part III" & premiere US film "Fire Birds" ) is 1507 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 12/18/1969 ( premiere US film "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" ) is 1507 days



From 7/13/1949 ( premiere US film "The Great Gatsby" ) To 5/25/1990 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - premiere US film "Back to the Future Part III" & premiere US film "Fire Birds" ) is 14926 days

14926 = 7463 + 7463

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 4/9/1986 ( --- ) is 7463 days



From 9/17/1961 ( premiere US TV series "Car 54, Where Are You?" ) To 4/9/1986 ( --- ) is 8970 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 5/25/1990 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - premiere US film "Back to the Future Part III" & premiere US film "Fire Birds" ) is 8970 days



From 3/4/1951 ( premiere US film "Navy Bound" ) To 9/24/1975 ( premiere US film "Three Days of the Condor" ) is 8970 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 5/25/1990 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - premiere US film "Back to the Future Part III" & premiere US film "Fire Birds" ) is 8970 days



From 8/12/1970 ( premiere US TV movie "Lost Flight" ) To 5/25/1990 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - premiere US film "Back to the Future Part III" & premiere US film "Fire Birds" ) is 7226 days

7226 = 3613 + 3613

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 9/24/1975 ( premiere US film "Three Days of the Condor" ) is 3613 days



From 3/10/1964 ( my biological uncle Prince Edward the Earl of Essex the son of my biological grandmother Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II ) To 5/25/1990 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - premiere US film "Back to the Future Part III" & premiere US film "Fire Birds" ) is 9572 days

9572 = 4786 + 4786

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 12/10/1978 ( premiere US film "Superman" ) is 4786 days



From 7/19/1989 ( Bill Gates-Microsoft-George Bush kills 111 passengers and crew of United Airlines Flight 232 and destroys the United Airlines Flight 232 aircraft because I was a passenger of United Airlines Flight 232 as United States Navy Petty Officer Second Class Kerry Wayne Burgess and I was assigned to maintain custody of a non-violent offender military prisoner of the United States ) To 5/25/1990 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - premiere US film "Back to the Future Part III" & premiere US film "Fire Birds" ) is 310 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 9/8/1966 ( premiere US TV series "Star Trek" ) is 310 days



From 9/27/1963 ( premiere US TV series "The Great Adventure" ) To 4/18/1988 ( the United States Navy Operation Praying Mantis - my biological brother US Navy Fleet Admiral Thomas Reagan and I US Navy FC2 Kerry Wayne Burgess are both at the same time onboard the United States Navy warship USS Wainwright CG 28 when it evaded a Harpoon anti-ship missile from hostile Iran-Bill Gates-Microsoft-George Bush-Axis of Evil-Soviet Union-Communist forces but 2 United States Marine Corps aviators launched from USS Wainwright CG 28 killed this day ) is 8970 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 5/25/1990 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - premiere US film "Back to the Future Part III" & premiere US film "Fire Birds" ) is 8970 days



From 6/20/1941 ( the United States Army Air Forces established ) To 8/2/1990 ( Bill Gates-Nazi-Microsoft-George Herbert Walker Bush the cowardly violent criminal-Iraq invades Kuwait in a scheduled international terrorist attack with extensive damage and many fatalities ) is 17940 days

17940 = 8970 + 8970

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 5/25/1990 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - premiere US film "Back to the Future Part III" & premiere US film "Fire Birds" ) is 8970 days



From 8/1/1980 ( premiere US film "The Final Countdown" ) To 5/25/1990 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - premiere US film "Back to the Future Part III" & premiere US film "Fire Birds" ) is 3584 days

3584 = 1792 + 1792

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 9/29/1970 ( premiere US TV series pilot "San Franciso International Airport" ) is 1792 days



From 7/16/1963 ( Phoebe Cates the wife of my biological brother Thomas Reagan ) To 2/5/1988 ( premiere US film "Cherry 2000" ) is 8970 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 5/25/1990 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - premiere US film "Back to the Future Part III" & premiere US film "Fire Birds" ) is 8970 days



From 8/20/1910 ( United States lieutenant James Fickel fires the first shot from an airplane in flight ) To 10/2/1959 ( premiere US TV series "The Twilight Zone"::series premiere episode "Where Is Everybody?" ) is 17940 days

17940 = 8970 + 8970

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 5/25/1990 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - premiere US film "Back to the Future Part III" & premiere US film "Fire Birds" ) is 8970 days


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099088/releaseinfo

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Release dates for

Back to the Future Part III (1990)

Country Date

USA 25 May 1990
UK 11 July 1990



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099575/releaseinfo

IMDb


Release dates for

Fire Birds (1990)

Country Date

USA 25 May 1990



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099575/fullcredits

IMDb


Full cast and crew for

Fire Birds (1990)


Nicolas Cage ... Jake Preston
Sean Young ... Billie Lee Guthrie










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0043843/releaseinfo

IMDb


Release dates for

Navy Bound (1951)

Country Date

USA 4 March 1951










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0073802/releaseinfo

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Release dates for

Three Days of the Condor (1975)

Country Date

USA 24 September 1975 (New York City, New York)










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/B/Back_to_the_Future_III.html


Back to the Future III


MARTY: What's happening?|D0C: It's Clara! She's on the train!
Clara? Perfect.
She's in the cab! I'm going back for her!
The windmill!
Doc! We're going past 50! You'll never make it!
Then we'll have to take her back with us!|Keep calling out the speed!
Clara, climb out here to me!
- I don't know if I can!|- You can do it!
D0C: Just don't look down!
That's it!
Sixty miles an hour!
[Dramatic instrumental music]
You're doing fine! Nice and steady!
Come on!
- Just a little further!|- I can't! I'm scared!
MARTY: Seventy!|D0C: Keep coming, Clara!
D0C: Come on! You're doing fine!
Come onl Nice and easyl
Don't look downl That's itl You're doing finel
The red log is about to blow!
[Clara screaming]
Clara!
[Marty exclaiming]
CLARA: Emmett!
CLARA: I'm trying to reach you!
D0C: Clara, hold on!|CLARA: I can't!
I'll slip you the Hoverboard!










http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/nmc/masterCatalog.do?sc=1959-001A

NASA


Vanguard 2

NSSDC/COSPAR ID: 1959-001A


Launch Date: 1959-02-17

Launch Vehicle: Vanguard

Launch Site: Cape Canaveral, United States


Funding Agency

Department of Defense-Department of the Navy (United States)


Description

Vanguard 2 was an earth-orbiting satellite designed to measure cloud-cover distribution over the daylight portion of its orbit.



http://history.nasa.gov/SP-4202/chap12.html


Launched on 17 February 1959, SLV-4 succeeded in establishing in orbit the 20-inch, 23.7-pound satellite now known as Vanguard II.



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weather_satellite


Weather satellite

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


The weather satellite is a type of satellite that is primarily used to monitor the weather and climate of the Earth.


History

As early as 1946, the idea of cameras in orbit to observe the weather was being developed. This was due to sparse data observation coverage and the expense of using cloud cameras on rockets. By 1958, the early prototypes for TIROS and Vanguard (developed by the Army Signal Corps) were created. The first weather satellite, Vanguard 2, was launched on February 17, 1959.










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/B/Back_to_the_Future_III.html


Back to the Future III


I told you to watch your back, smithy.
You're early.
It's a Derringer. Small but effective.
The last time I used it, fella took two days to die.
Bled to death inside. It was real painful.
That means you'll be dead|by about supper time Monday.
Excuse me. I don't know|who you think you are, but we're dancing.
Look what we have here.
TANNEN: Ain't you gonna introduce me?|I'd like a dance.
I wouldn't give you the pleasure.|You'll have to go ahead and shoot.
- All right.|- I'll dance with him.
TANNEN: Boys, keep the blacksmith company|while I get acquainted with the filly!
[Tannen whoops excitedly]
Yeah!
I don't dance very well|when my partner has a gun in his hand.
You'll learn.
Maybe I'll just take|my $80 worth out of her!
Leave her alone!
[Laughing]
Yeah, I bet there's something you can do|that's worth $80.
I believe you've underestimated me, mister.
Have I?










http://movie.subtitlr.com/subtitle/show/397409


Cherry 2000 (1987)


Well, she sure took a lot of water.
Can you fix her?
I'm sorry, kid.
Total internal meltdown.
They don't come any finer than this.
Level of response, sensitivity ...
It's a thing of the past.
I'm sorry.
What about her chip?
I wouldn't let you go without that.
You got her basic memory right here -
Her vocal patterns, reflex action, personality.
They don't make them like this anymore.
You do know how rare and valuable this is?
Yeah.
I know.
I know how it is. You're like me.
You're a romantic.
Most of these birds, they don't care.
It's all apple pandowdy to them.
But we both know ...
each one of these honeys is special -
Got her own special magic, her own special way.
Isn't that true?
Let me show you something. Come here.
Got to face it, Sam. This is 2017.
Even the best tracker couldn't find a Cherry ...
in these parts.
What am I gonna do, slim?
It's a Cherry or nothing.
Let me show you a couple things.
Now, this is our Bambi 14 model.
Brand-new, never been used.
Coming up is our Cindy 990.
Strictly domestic, actually -
Housework, taxes, things like that.





http://movie.subtitlr.com/subtitle/show/397409


Cherry 2000 (1987)


I just want to talk to E. Johnson about a job.
Who are you?
Sam Treadwell - from Anaheim.
I'm E. Johnson.
Excuse me.
I think I made a mistake.
What the -
I grew up in the Zone, mister.
I've been a guide in the territory since I was a kid.
I can distinguish ...
between poisonous and nonpoisonous reptiles.
And I know the roads.
I used to ride with Six Fingered Jake ...
when he had all his digits.
He was the best tracker in the business.
Maybe I was a bit rash.
Now, what is it you want?
Not so fast.
She's a Cherry 2000.
I want you to go into Zone 7 ...
and get me one just like her.
This isn't a dating service.
I thought you never say no.
I haven't ... yet.





http://movie.subtitlr.com/subtitle/show/397409


Cherry 2000 (1987)


Ok, let's just get ...
a few things straight, Treadwell.
I do the tracking.
You just sit there and don't touch anything.
Fine. Let's just get out of here.
How can you see?
I mean how can you see to drive?
I drive by feel, mostly.
By feel.
Mostly.
What the hell are you doing? What's wrong?
Why did we stop?
Put this on.
Don't you wear one?
It might mess up my hair.
Are you lost? I think we're -
Mister, I'd appreciate it if you'd just shut up ...
until we get through the barricades.
What barricades?
Keep your head low, and try not to get shot.










http://www.century-of-flight.net/Aviation%20history/airplane%20at%20war/Aviation%20at%20the%20Start%20of%20the%20First%20World%20War.htm


CENTURY of FLIGHT


On August 20, 1910, at Sheepshead Bay racetrack near New York City, Lieutenant James Fickel fired the first shot from an airplane--a rifle at a target from an altitude of 100 feet (30 meters) with Glenn Curtiss piloting. On November 14, 1910, Eugene Ely made the first takeoff from a warship, the cruiser Birmingham, anchored near Hampton Roads, Virginia, in the Curtiss Hudson Flyer. On January 18, 1911, he made the first carrier landing onto a 125-foot (38-meter) platform on the warship Pennsylvania, anchored in San Francisco Bay. In 1912, an Army officer, Captain C.D. Chandler, fired a 750-round-per-minute, air-cooled recoilless machine gun successfully from a Wright B flyer over College Park, Maryland, near Washington, D.C. But, in spite of these achievements, no country had developed an air attack or bomber by this time.



http://www.hill.af.mil/library/factsheets/factsheet_print.asp?fsID=5829&page=1


DEPARMTENT OF THE AIR FORCE


U.S. Air Force Fact Sheet

UNITED STATES AIR FORCE CHRONOLOGY


20 August 1910

Lt. Jacob Fickel fires the first shot from an airplane at a race track near New York City.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 7:31 PM FRIDAY, JULY 27, 2007


I also pondered over how she is wearing that silver bracelet and I have on that silver identification band that all the racers wore during the event.


http://www.asiorders.com/view_user_event.asp?EVENTID=3488&ID=8462793&FROM=photos&BIB=878


http://gallery.phoebe-cates.com/v/current/current54.jpg.html


http://gallery.phoebe-cates.com/v/current/current05.jpg.html



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De-Lovely


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 27 July 2007 excerpt ends]










http://www.tv.com/shows/the-twilight-zone/where-is-everybody-12585/trivia/


tv.com


The Twilight Zone Season 1 Episode 1

Where is Everybody?

QUOTES


Mike: (unknowingly addressing a mannequin) Look, I don't want you to think I'm nuts or anything. It's nothing like that. It's just that, well... it's just that I don't seem to remember who I am.










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/B/Back_to_the_Future_III.html


Back to the Future III


Take a look and see|what just breezed in the door.
I didn't know the circus was in town.
Must have got that shirt off a dead Chinese.
[Men laughing]
[Spits]
What will it be, stranger?
I'll have...
MARTY: ... ice water.|0LD MAN: Ice water?
[Men laughing]
BARMAN: Water?
You want water, you better dunk your head|in the horse trough out there.
In here, we pour whiskey.
- Excuse me.|- For what?
MARTY: I'm trying to find a blacksmith.
TANNEN: Hey, McFly!
Thought I told you never to come in...
You ain't Seamus McFly.
You look like him, though,|especially with that dog-ugly hat.
[All laughing]
You kin to that hay barber?
- What's your name, dude?|- Marty...
Eastwood.
Clint Eastwood.
[Laughing]
- What kind of stupid name is that?|- He's the runt of the litter.










1978 film "Superman" DVD video:


Jonathan Kent: What was that? Now, wouldn't that beat all get-out? Will you - you...

Martha Kent: Pa...

Jonathan Kent: Oh, my.

Martha Kent: All these years, as happy as we've been how I've prayed and prayed the good Lord see fit to give us a child.

Jonathan Kent: Honey, will you hand me that rag up there.

Martha Kent: You take things easy now, Jonathan. Remember what Doc Frye said about that heart of yours.

Jonathan Kent: Now the first thing we've got to do when we get home is find out who that boy's proper family is.

Martha Kent: He hasn't got any. Not around here, anyway.

Jonathan Kent: Martha, are you thinking what I think you're thinking?

Martha Kent: We could say he's the child of my cousin in North Dakota. And just now orphaned.

Jonathan Kent: Oh, Martha.

Martha Kent: Jonathan, he's only a baby.

Jonathan Kent: Martha. Now, you saw how we found him.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: posted by H.V.O.M at 9:47 PM Wednesday, September 07, 2005


Runnin' Down A Dream
It was a beautiful day, the sun beat down
I had the radio on, I was drivin'
trees flew by, me and Del were singin' little Runaway
I was flyin'
Yeah runnin' down a dream
that never would come to me
workin' on a mystery, goin' wherever it leads
runnin' down a dream
I felt so good like anything was possible
I hit cruise control and rubbed my eyes
the last three days the rain was un-stoppable
it was always cold, no sunshine
Yeah runnin' down a dream
that never would come to me
workin' on a mystery, goin' wherever it leads
runnin' down a dream
I rolled on as the sky grew dark
I put the pedal down to make some time
there's something good waitin' down this road
I'm pickin' up whatever's mine
Yeah runnin' down a dream
that never would come to me
workin' on a mystery, goin' wherever it leads
runnin' down a dream


Damn, I love that song. I remember very well when it was released. It was 1989, I had about six months left in the navy. I spent those last six months deployed to the Mediterranean, departing the U.S. shortly after Hurricane Hugo. I listened to that Full Moon Fever cassette over and over, almost constantly. This song was like my theme song for the foreseeable future for when I got out of the navy. This song made me think of freedom


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 07 September 2005 excerpt ends]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 11/10/09 4:52 AM
There was a time long ago when it seemed very important for me to write about my "memories" of listening that to "Full Moon Fever" album on cassette when it was new in 1989. I listened to it over and over while we were deployed to the Med on the USS Wainwright CG 28 on my last deployment before leaving the Navy in 1990.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 10 November 2009 excerpt ends]










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099088/quotes

IMDb


Memorable quotes for

Back to the Future Part III (1990)


Buford's Gang Member #2: Hey, take a gander at them moccasins! What kinda skins is them? What's that writin' mean?

Buford's Gang Member #1: "Nee-kay"? What is that, some sorta Injun talk or somethin'?










http://www.tv.com/shows/lost/walkabout-350765/


tv.com


Lost Season 1 Episode 4

Walkabout


AIRED: 10/13/04



http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Walkabout_transcript


LOSTPEDIA


Episode 4 - "Walkabout"


Act 2


[Flashback - We hear the sound of a phone ringing, and see Locke in an office, answering it.]

LOCKE: Yes?

GL12: Colonel Locke, is this line secure?

[Locke looks around like he's checking if anyone's listening.]

LOCKE: Line secure GL12, go ahead.

GL12: Target area is acquired. Maneuvers are a go for 1300 hours. Repeat: we are a GO.

LOCKE: Roger that. We'll convene at the usual rendezvous point at 1300 hours.

RANDY: [Locke's boss] Locke. I told you I need those TPS reports done by noon today. Not 12:30; not 12:15; noon.

[Wide shot of a bunch of cubicles.]

LOCKE: I heard you the first time, Randy.

RANDY: And no personal calls during office hours, Colonel.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 03:07 AM Pacific Time Seattle USA Thursday 23 May 2013