Sunday, May 19, 2013

Numbers




http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/05/18/18346753-winning-ticket-for-huge-powerball-jackpot-sold-in-florida?lite


U.S.NEWS on NBCNEWS.com


3 hours ago [ RETRIEVED 11:05 PM 18 May 2013 Pacific Time USA ]


Winning ticket for huge Powerball jackpot sold


By Becky Bratu, Staff Writer, NBC News

Do you have the lucky ticket? A winner for the huge Powerball jackpot was sold at a supermarket


The winning Powerball numbers drawn late Saturday were 10, 13, 14, 22, 52 with Powerball number 11.


The jackpot of the 43-state lottery game surged ahead of the drawing and had been estimated at $600 million -- the second-largest pot in U.S. lottery history. Powerball officials later revised that to more than $590 million.










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/T/Timecop_1994.html


Timecop


- You know what I think?

- No, sir, I don't.










http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Numbers_transcript


LOSTPEDIA


Episode 18 - "Numbers"


Act 1


HURLEY: Dude, we just trying to-

SAYID: Do you really think she would give up something she needs for survival to a total stranger?

JACK: All I'm asking is for you to tell me how to find her. That's it.

SAYID: I was brought unconscious to her camp. When I escaped I was disoriented. I don't know how to find her.

HURLEY: Don't know, dude? Or don't want to?

JACK: Sayid, look, you've got her maps and her papers. Now you thought that they were pointing to something.

SAYID: Well, I was wrong.

JACK: Well, maybe they're pointing to her?

SAYID: Look! I don't even know what these papers mean. For all I know they could be the ravings of her disturbed mind - song lyrics mixed with equations. [He hands the papers to Hurley and shows a map to Jack.] If this map is pointing to her, then you should know she resides here, in this area. She gave it a name: Territoire Fonce, Shannon translated it. It means dark territory. Does that sound like a place you'd like to visit?

[Shot of Hurley looking at the papers.]

JACK: So, you won't help?

SAYID: I didn't say that. [Shot of Hurley seeing his winning lottery numbers written by Danielle.] I'll build a distress beacon, but I suggest you find another power source. There must be something in the cockpit.

JACK: We're not going in the cockpit.

[Flashback - Shot of a TV with people square dancing, a caller saying: Swing your partner dosado. Channel switches to an aerobics workout, then a cooking show.]

CARMEN: What are you doing in there?

HURLEY: Uno momento, Mama, just checking something out.

CARMEN: I hope you're not watching those g-string mujeres again.

HURLEY: Look, mom, we've talked about this. You want me living here -- you've got to respect my privacy. And no, I'm not.

[He changes the channel to the lottery show.]

CARMEN: Look at you. It's Saturday night. A grown up man sitting at home watching TV. You should go out, try to find yourself a nice woman.

HURLEY: Yeah, I'll get right on that.

CARMEN: At least try eating better. You're gaining weight again.

MARY JO: -- with mega number 42. And that makes tonight's mega-lotto-jackpot 4 8 15 16 23 [Shot of Hurley standing up. Shot of the winning ticket.] With the mega number 42. Whoever has those numbers has won, or will share, in a near record jackpot.

LOTTO OFFICIAL: That's right Mary-Jo because this is the 16th week without a winner.

[Hurley faints.]










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/T/Timecop_1994.html


Timecop


I'm an ambitious|Harvard-educated visionary...
who deserves to be|the most powerful man in the world...
and you, you're a fuckin' idiot|who never figured out...
that the only way to make anything of|all that fancy kicking is on Broadway.
Thanks for clearing that up.










http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Numbers_transcript


LOSTPEDIA


Episode 18 - "Numbers"


Act 3


[Flashback - We see Hurley in his accountant's office.]

KEN HALPERIN: I would think you'd be happy. Every one of your stocks is up. Your interest in orange futures skyrocketed after those tropical storms hit Florida. And, you are now the majority shareholder for a box company in Tustin.

HURLEY: A box company?

KEN: Mmhmm. They make boxes, lucrative business. Everybody needs boxes. Which reminds me, your sneaker factory in Canada . . .

HURLEY: I have a sneaker factory in Canada?

KEN: Well, not any more. It was destroyed in a fire last month.

HURLEY: Of course it was.

KEN: You might have read about it -- eight something people died. But, the good news is we over-insured it. It's going to yield you a windfall of cash. And, when we add in the generous settlement from the LAPD for your false arrest you've almost doubled your net worth in a few short months. I still can't imagine how the police mistook you for a drug dealer.

HURLEY: Bad luck.

KEN: Hugo, you are not the first lottery winner to believe the money's brought them nothing but trouble. It's all in your head.

HURLEY: What, you don't believe in jinxes? You know, curses?

KEN: I'm an accountant, I believe in numbers. Hey, where'd you get them, anyway?

HURLEY: What?

KEN: The winning numbers. What'd you use, somebody's birthday, phone number?










http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Numbers_transcript


LOSTPEDIA


Episode 18 - "Numbers"


Act 4


LENNY: You used those numbers to play the lottery?

HURLEY: Uh, -- yeah.

LENNY: Well, you shouldn't have done that. You've opened the box!

HURLEY: I what?

LENNY: Ah, you shouldn't have used those numbers!

HURLEY: Why not?

LENNY: It doesn't stop! You've got to get away from those numbers! You've got to get far, far away!

[Lenny is freaking out and an orderly comes over to calm him down.]

ORDERLY: All right, hey, hold on. Lenny, Lenny. Calm down. Lenny.

LENNY: Do you hear me?!? No, don't you understand?!? You've got to get away from it or it won't stop!










http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Numbers_transcript


LOSTPEDIA


Episode 18 - "Numbers"


Act 5


HURLEY: You must be the French chick.

DANIELLE: Who are you?

HURLEY: Hurley. I, uh -- Sayid? That guy you tortured, he...

DANIELLE: You were on the plane.

HURLEY: Look, I came here to find -- [He reaches for his pocket; Danielle aims her rifle.] oh, easy, easy, easy. I'm just getting your notes. Please, tell me why you wrote this. What do these numbers mean? Please.

DANIELLE: I don't know.

HURLEY: What? You don't know? Okay, that thing in the woods, maybe it's a monster, maybe it's a pissed off giraffe, I don't know! The fact that no one is even looking for us, yeah, that's weird, but I just go along with it because I'm along for the ride, good old fun time Hurley! Well guess what? Now, I want some friggin' answers!

DANIELLE: [lowering her rifle] Our ship picked up a transmission -- a voice repeating those numbers. We changed course to investigate. After we shipwrecked my team continued to search for the transmission source. It was weeks before we found the radio tower.

HURLEY: There's a radio tower on this Island?










http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Numbers_transcript


LOSTPEDIA


Episode 18 - "Numbers"


Act 6


CHARLIE: I just told you the biggest secret of my life. I thought you'd want to reciprocate.

HURLEY: Okay. Back home I'm worth 156 million dollars.

CHARLIE: Fine. Don't tell me.

HURLEY: Dude.

CHARLIE: I bare my soul, and all I get is bloody jokes!

[Shot of the hatch and the container it's attached to. The camera pushes in to reveal the numbers etched in to the side: 4 8 15 16 23 42.]










http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/31.htm

Metamorphosis

Stardate: Unknown

Original Airdate: Nov 10, 1967


[Cochrane's home]

KIRK: All the comforts of home indeed, Mister Cochrane. Where'd you get the antiques?

COCHRANE: You mean my instruments? I imagine things have changed a lot since I crashed.

KIRK: Not that much.

(Hands a piece over to Spock to examine.)

NANCY: Must you keep it so terribly hot in here?

COCHRANE: The temperature's a constant seventy two degrees. Let me get you something cool to drink.

MCCOY: Do you feel hot?

NANCY: I feel infuriated, deeply put upon, and absolutely outraged.

MCCOY: It was quite a hike here. You're tired. Just take it easy for a while.

NANCY: I'll rest later, Doctor.

MCCOY: Temperature, Captain. First sign.

KIRK: Yes, I know. It means we're running out of time.

SPOCK: Captain, Doctor.

(From the doorway, the three see a swirly thing which then disappears. Cochrane comes in with a tray of drinks.)

KIRK: What was that?

COCHRANE: Well, sometimes the light plays tricks on you. You'd be surprised what I've imagined I've seen around here sometimes.

SPOCK: We imagined nothing, Mister Cochrane. There was an entity out there and I suspect it was the same entity which brought us here. Please explain.

COCHRANE: There's nothing to explain.

(He hands a drink to Nancy.)

NANCY: Thank you.

KIRK: You'll find I have a very low tolerance level where the safety of my people are concerned. We find you out here, where no human has any business being. We were virtually hijacked in space and brought here. Now I'm not just requesting an explanation, Mister. I'm demanding one.

COCHRANE: All right. It was the Companion.

KIRK: The what?

COCHRANE: That's what I call it. As a matter of fact, Captain, I didn't crash here. I was brought here in my disabled ship. I was almost dead. The Companion saved my life.

SPOCK: You were injured?

COCHRANE: I was dying, Mister Spock.

KIRK: You seem perfectly all right now. What was the matter?

COCHRANE: I was an old man.

KIRK: You were what?

COCHRANE: Well, I don't know how it did it, but the Companion rejuvenated me, made me young again, like I am now.

SPOCK: I prefer to reserve judgment on that part of your story, sir. Meanwhile, would you please explain exactly what this Companion of yours is?

COCHRANE: I told you, I don't know what it is. It exists, it lives, and I can communicate with it.

MCCOY: That's a pretty far out story.

KIRK: Mister Cochrane, do you have a first name?

COCHRANE: Zefram.










http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Numbers_transcript


LOSTPEDIA


Episode 18 - "Numbers"


Act 1


JACK: Okay, well, look I'll ask Sayid, but even if he can make something like that he's not going to have anything to power it with.

HURLEY: Didn't Sayid say that crazy French chick has batteries?

[Scene switches to Hurley and Jack at Sayid's tent.]

SAYID: Absolutely not.

JACK: I'm not asking you to go. I'll do it.

SAYID: No, you won't.

HURLEY: Dude, we just trying to-

SAYID: Do you really think she would give up something she needs for survival to a total stranger?










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/T/Timecop_1994.html


Timecop


What are you hangin' around for?
Database 309, shut down.
Secondary system team|to back storage.
This time,|stay away from trouble.
Do I know you?
I guess not.
Hey! Bobby Morgan is still|waiting for a second chance.
- Destination, please.|- Home.
Dad!
Dad, Mom said you'd|barbecue hot dogs.
Yeah.
- What kind of day did you have?|- Busy.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 12:16 AM Pacific Time Seattle USA Sunday 19 May 2013