Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Wilhelm Conrad Roentgen




http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=1150

The American Presidency Project

William J. Clinton

XLII President of the United States: 1993 - 2001

Remarks at a Reception for Hillary Clinton in New York City

October 22, 2000

Thank you very much. I want to thank Susie, who has been such a wonderful friend to Hillary and me for so many years now. And I want to thank Amy and Jeffrey and Harvey and all the others who spearheaded this event tonight. It's a beautiful testimonial to Hillary, and I'm delighted that it could be in this wonderful old theater.

I want to thank Sir Elton John for being good enough to come and be with us tonight and congratulate him on his smashing success in the last few days. This will be the second time he has performed during the Clinton administration; the first was at the state dinner for his Prime Minister, Tony Blair, where he and Stevie Wonder commemorated a truly historic night of Anglo-American partnership.

I want to say, too, very briefly, because we are all here basically to have a good time and see each other—and I hope that Hillary and I can visit with all the rest of you before you leave—because there are so many of you here who have been not only important political supporters of ours but very good friends over the last 8 years and, in some cases, from long before.

Hillary and I are delighted that her mother and Chelsea could be here tonight. This is sort of a family day we've had in New York, and I have been to Binghamton and Watertown and Alex Bay today in my capacity as Cheerleader in Chief in this election. [Laughter]










http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/d/delirious-script-transcript-john-candy.html


Delirious


Donna? Donna McKenzie, Lincoln High?
- Yeah!
- Oh, God, I couldn't have been that drunk.
- What else did I write last night?
- (squeals)
You were wonderful!
All those years,
your locker was right next to mine
- and I never even talked to you.
- I know.
How could I ever have been
in love with Greg Petula? Ugh! Barf!
Barf!
I was wrong about you.
- You're not a jerk.
- Oh, thanks.
Lincoln High!
Gimme an L, gimme an I! Lincoln High!










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=1150

The American Presidency Project

William J. Clinton

XLII President of the United States: 1993 - 2001

Remarks at a Reception for Hillary Clinton in New York City

October 22, 2000


Now, you all know where they are on the Brady bill and the waiting period. That's why Charlton Heston has a starring role in this election. Did you hear what he said yesterday? The most important election for gun owners since the Civil War. Some guy said they ought to lynch Gore. He said he'll supply the rope. Look, this is serious. It isn't true that Al Gore and Joe Lieberman want to take anybody's guns away, but they don't want kids and criminals to have guns. That's what this is about. It's also about, they want to get rid of 100,000 police. We're trying to put 100,000 teachers in the classrooms. They want to get rid of them.










http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/509157/Wilhelm-Conrad-Rontgen


Encyclopædia Britannica


Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen


Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen, Röntgen also spelled Roentgen (born March 27, 1845, Lennep, Prussia [now Remscheid, Germany]—died February 10, 1923, Munich, Germany)










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Thursday, October 07, 2010 Posted by H.V.O.M at 9:55 AM


1993





I arranged for Kerry Burgess and her to meet. Deputy US Marshal Kerry Burgess had been shot in the shoulder by gunfire from a fugitive in 1993 and she was caring for him in the months as he recovered from the injury.

The fugitive was killed by the return gunfire from Deputy US Marshal Kerry Burgess.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 7 October 2010 excerpt ends]










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0042270/releaseinfo

IMDb


Release dates for

Boobs in the Woods (1950)

Country Date

USA 28 January 1950










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=1150

The American Presidency Project

William J. Clinton

XLII President of the United States: 1993 - 2001

Remarks at a Reception for Hillary Clinton in New York City

October 22, 2000



http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/509157/Wilhelm-Conrad-Rontgen


Encyclopædia Britannica


Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen


Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen, Röntgen also spelled Roentgen (born March 27, 1845, Lennep, Prussia [now Remscheid, Germany]—died February 10, 1923, Munich, Germany)



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballistic_trauma


Ballistic trauma

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


The term ballistic trauma refers to a form of physical trauma sustained from the discharge of arms or munitions. The most common forms of ballistic trauma stem from firearms used in armed conflicts, civilian sporting and recreational pursuits, and criminal activity.


The degree of tissue disruption caused by a projectile is related to the size of the temporary versus permanent cavity it creates as it passes through tissue.


Non-fatal gunshot wounds frequently have severe and long-lasting effects, even after the victim has made a successful recovery. Typically, the consequences involve some form of major disfigurement and/or permanent disability.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099587/trivia

IMDb


Flight of the Intruder (1991)

Quotes


[In the briefing room]

Cdr. Camparelli: "Movie officer, what's the film tonite?"

Pilot: "They Shoot horses, Don't They, Sir!"

Cdr. Camparelli: "Any skin?"

Pilot: "No Sir."

Cdr. Camparelli: "Cancel it!"










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2012 9:26 AM

To: 'Chad Trammell'

Subject: FW: Winnipeg


I think that was right after 9-11-2001. I don't recall for certain. Hell, that could have been a few months later. The way I remember it I was still living in that Limestone apartment building in Bellevue when I communicated with her and I specifically remember discussing the 9-11-2001 attacks. I moved out of that Bellevue apartment and moved to an Issaquah apartment and I think that was around March or April 2002 when I moved out to Issaquah. I remember that my rent payments were going to be drastically lower in Issaquah and I could then afford a car and that is when I got a loan for a brand-new 2002 Jeep Wrangler. Some time later is when I think Thedia was trying to get me to brag about being gunshot in 1993 and when I guessed she had tricked me so could rifle through my glovebox to see the name on the vehicle registration. She brought a cute girl with her that time and that I had never met before and that "fine bitch" insisted on giving me a hug and she said something odd just before that. I was so depressed later that day I couldn't even drag myself out of my apartment to go meet them for dinner.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 05 December 2012]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Sunday, February 17, 2013 8:42 AM

To: 'Chad Trammell'

Subject: Bugs on a windshield.


I can still visualize sitting there in that restraunt and Thedia (my surrogate mother) was sitting there with her elbow on the table as she held up a hundred dollar bill as she called over the waitress to get the bill for the meal. A few minutes later was when, as we all got in my black 2002 Jeep Wrangler, she asked me to go back inside to get her eyeglasses off the table, and I quickly went back inside the restraunt.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 17 February 2013]










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=46366

The American Presidency Project

William J. Clinton

XLII President of the United States: 1993 - 2001

Inaugural Address

January 20, 1993


But when most people are working harder for less; when others cannot work at all; when the cost of health care devastates families and threatens to bankrupt our enterprises, great and small; when the fear of crime robs law-abiding citizens of their freedom; and when millions of poor children cannot even imagine the lives we are calling them to lead, we have not made change our friend.





http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=46466

The American Presidency Project

William J. Clinton

XLII President of the United States: 1993 - 2001

Teleconference Remarks on Family and Medical Leave Legislation

January 29, 1993


Thank you so much for being with us today, and have a wonderful time. And keep those kids making that good noise.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Sunday, February 17, 2013 8:42 AM

To: 'Chad Trammell'

Subject: Bugs on a windshield.



http://www.cswap.com/2001/Training_Day/cap/en/2_Parts/a/00_03

Training Day


:03:34
What's wrong?

:03:38
Feels like football tryouts.

:03:40
I wish it was tomorrow
so I'd know if I made the squad.

:03:44
Listen, it's not tomorrow, it's today.

:03:48
-I know it's gonna work out.
-You do?

:04:15
Good morning, sir.

:04:20
No, thank you, ma'am.

:04:22
Get some chow in you.
My dollar.

:04:25
Thank you, sir, but I ate.

:04:27
Fine. Don't.

:04:35
It's nice here.

:04:38
May I read?

:04:40
-I'm sorry, sir. I--
-Thank you.

:04:43
-I'll get something to eat.
-Hell, no you won't. You fucked up.

:04:47
I'm trying to read. Please shut up.





http://www.cswap.com/2001/Training_Day/cap/en/2_Parts/a/00_05

Training Day


:05:18
Tell me a story, Hoyt.

:05:21
-Like my story?
-Not your story, a story.

:05:26
Since you can't shut up
so I can read, tell me a story.

:05:30
-I don't know any.
-You don't?

:05:32
-No.
-I'll tell you one.

:05:34
This is a newspaper, right?
It's 90 percent bullshit.

:05:39
But it's entertaining. So I read it.

:05:41
It entertains me. You won't let me
read it, so you entertain me.

:05:46
Tell me a story now. Go.

:05:49
-There was a DUI stop.
-A DUI stop?


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 17 February 2013]










http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/t/training-day-script-transcript-denzel.html


Training Day [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]


-You got him. It's amazing.
It is. That you're out there...
...with a fine bitch for a year and
the best story you can tell me...
...is a drunk stop.










http://articles.latimes.com/1992-03-30/news/mn-232_1_drug-law


Los Angeles Times


Clinton Tells of Marijuana Use in '60s : Democrats: He says he tried the drug one or two times while a student in England. He had not been directly asked about it before and does not believe episode will hurt his candidacy, he adds.

March 30, 1992 DOUGLAS JEHL TIMES STAFF WRITER

NEW YORK — Arkansas Gov. Bill Clinton acknowledged Sunday that he had experimented with marijuana while a 22-year-old student in England in the late 1960s, an admission that could raise doubts about his past candor in answering questions about his personal conduct.

For five years, the 45-year-old Clinton has answered questions about whether he had ever used drugs by saying he had never broken a U.S. law. During a televised debate here with Democratic presidential rival Edmund G. (Jerry) Brown Jr., a questioner for the first time asked Clinton explicitly whether he had ever broken either a state, federal or a foreign drug law.

"When I was in England I experimented with marijuana a time or two," he answered on the WCBS-TV broadcast, "and I didn't like it. I didn't inhale










http://historymatters.gmu.edu/d/6444/

HISTORY MATTERS


Mr. WELCH. Senator, may we not drop this? We know he belonged to the Lawyers Guild, and Mr. Cohn nods his head at me. I did you, I think, no personal injury, Mr. Cohn.

Mr. COHN. No, sir.

Mr. WELCH. I meant to do you no personal injury, and if I did, beg your pardon.

Let us not assassinate this lad further, Senator. You have done enough. Have you no sense of decency sir, at long last? Have you left no sense of decency?

Senator MCCARTHY. I know this hurts you, Mr. Welch. But I may say, Mr. Chairman, on a point of personal privilege, and I would like to finish it—

Mr. WELCH. Senator, I think it hurts you, too, sir.

Senator MCCARTHY. I would like to finish this.

Mr. Welch has been filibustering this hearing, he has been talking day after day about how he wants to get anyone tainted with communism out before sundown. I know Mr. Cohn would rather not have me go into this. I intend to, however, Mr. Welch talks about any sense of decency. If I say anything which is not the truth, then I would like to know about it.

The foremost legal bulwark of the Communist Party, its front organizations, and controlled unions, and which, since its inception, has never failed to rally to the legal defense of the Communist Party, and individual members thereof, including known espionage agents.










http://www.nytimes.com/1992/03/30/news/30iht-bill_1.html


The New York Times


Clinton Tried Marijuanaas aStudent, He Says

Published: March 30, 1992

WASHINGTON— Governor Bill Clinton of Arkansas, the front-runner for the Democratic presidential nomination, said Sunday that he briefly experimented with marijuana while a student in England more than 20 years ago.

In a television interview, Mr. Clinton, 45, was asked if he ever violated international law. "When I was in England," he said, "I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and didn't like it. I didn't inhale










http://www.tv.com/shows/coke-time-with-eddie-fisher/april-29-1953-1231222/


tv.com


Coke Time with Eddie Fisher Season 1 Episode 1

April 29, 1953


The premiere episode of Coke Time with Eddie Fisher


AIRED: 4/29/53










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=1150

The American Presidency Project

William J. Clinton

XLII President of the United States: 1993 - 2001

Remarks at a Reception for Hillary Clinton in New York City

October 22, 2000



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101701/releaseinfo

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Release dates for

Delirious (1991)

Country Date

USA 9 August 1991



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066543/releaseinfo

IMDb


Release dates for

The Walking Stick (1970)

Country Date

USA 10 June 1970 (New York City, New York)










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/F/Flight_Of_The_Intruder_CD1_1991.html


Flight Of The Intruder


Mr. Lieutenant?
Oh.
Excuse me. Thank you.
I was looking for Mrs. McPherson.
Sharon's gone.
Her husband was killed.
I know.
You're here on a duty call.
They send you here to stroke the widow?
Who are you?










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=1150

The American Presidency Project

William J. Clinton

XLII President of the United States: 1993 - 2001

Remarks at a Reception for Hillary Clinton in New York City

October 22, 2000



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099587/releaseinfo

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Release dates for

Flight of the Intruder (1991)

Country Date

USA 18 January 1991



http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000234/bio

IMDb


Biography for

Charlize Theron

Date of Birth

7 August 1975, Benoni, Gauteng, South Africa



http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0571566/bio

IMDb


Biography for

Linsey Dawn McKenzie

Date of Birth

7 August


Harrow, Middlesex, England, UK


Won SCORE Magazine Model Of The Year (2004). After nearly ten years of posing










"Flight of the Intruder"

Stephen Coonts

St. Martin's Paperbacks


Pocket Books edition / October 1987

St. Martin's Paperbacks edition / July 2006


Page 358

"Jake," the skipper said, "when we're in that hearing tomorrow, I want you to make damn sure you tell the truth. Tell the God's truth and let the chips fall where they will and maybe somehow we'll all be able to live with this."

In the passageway Jake apologized to Cowboy, who momentarily put his arm around the smaller man's shoulders. "Nothing to apologize for. I just wish you'd wasted that building and the entire goddamn National Assembly.

Jake went to his room and locked the door. He thought about pouring a drink but decided against it. A warm can of Coke would do instead.

The untidy room and the pale green walls and the sounds of the ship weighed on him. He wanted Callie McKenzie with him and not just for a night or a weekend. He didn't even have a photograph of her. He dug through the stuff on his desk until he came up with a writing tablet with white, lined paper. Halfway through the first page, he suddenly wanted to buy an engagement ring for her the next time he was in port. If he could get off the ship. Then he remembered he'd seen some rings in the window of the ship's store. Maybe it was still open.










http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19930808&slug=1714886

The Seattle Times

Sunday, August 8, 1993

England -- Playing The Palace: Royal Open House Has Begun

By William Tuohy

Los Angeles Times

LONDON - Like many of her noble subjects, Britain's Queen Elizabeth II is bowing this summer to the sometimes cruel realities of modern economics.

Over the years, most of the stately homes in Britain have admitted the paying public to help finance upkeep. The list includes parts of Windsor Castle and the Princess of Wales' ancestral estate, Althorp House.

But never - until now - has the world's most famous royal residence and headquarters of the British monarchy been opened for public tours.

For eight weeks (beginning yesterday), however, that all is changing as Buckingham Palace hosts an anticipated 450,000 visitors willing to pay an adult admission of $12 for a peek at 18 of the more than 600 rooms in the palace.

The queen's motive for inviting the public to view the sumptuous staterooms of Buckingham Palace is a variation on the one that has opened all those other stately homes: She hopes to help pay for restoration of Windsor Castle, which was badly damaged in a fire last November.

The mother of all queues

The decision is being widely applauded here as giving her subjects a chance to see their monarchical heritage up close. And the anticipated lineup for the 7,000 tickets to be sold daily is already being referred to as "the mother of all queues."

"It's going to be the No. 1 attraction," said Isabel Coy, an official with the British Tourist Authority. "It's our living heritage. The real Royal Family runs a business from there. It's only open for a limited time, so there's a sort of exclusive cachet."



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 06:10 AM Pacific Time Seattle USA Wednesday 01 May 2013