Saturday, May 18, 2013

Out of sight




Wow. This is timely.

Today is not even a Freaked-Out NCIS Tuesday.

I am writing about it now because of how that last new "NCIS" episode will be continued as a two-episode season finale next week.

In the sleeping dream I had I was standing in a room with a dark-haired woman that was no one I recognized from real life.

There was some very vivid details that I cannot now articulate but seemed almost as though I was watching details on television but the notion of television is only my weak attempt at trying to articulate what I was seeing in that sleeping dream. The sleeping dream did not leave me awake feeling as though it had been anything special. There wasn't anything really that vivid about it. I just wonder sometimes about the images I see in sleeping dreams and as with that one I don't understand why my sleeping mind would conjure such imagery.

So at some point, sleeping or waking, I began to wonder if we were on some distant planet where human habitation was well under way.

What happened was she and I seemed to have discovered a new natural resource. I am not certain if I was having a conversation with her at that point. Certain details are vague now. But what was clear is that there was a dialog with someone about 'green' and I knew that was about a valuable resource.

At some point I understood that 'green' was synonymous with how we use 'gold.'

The term 'green' referred to a specific material that could be found laying around and then sold for cash.

So among all the sleeping dreams I had last night and was aware of at some point the only point I recall now was that I was standing in a building, seemed to be an office building, and there was something on the floor that resembled cardboard paper. The surface was white colored.

I cannot recall the details of our dialog at that point but I pointed out to her that the large section of cardboard we stood by was 'green.'

I had ripped apart a piece of the cardboard and I had some kind of detection device she did not have. The device is vague now in my memory. It was something in my hand and when I moved it towards that section of cardboard with the white surface then the detector in my hand was illuminated with a bright green luminescence. The shade of green was not literally bright green. The shade was green and it was bright and it was a darker shade of green.

We were very happy to have discovered 'green.'

I suggested we split in half the section of cardboard and cash in the proceeds. The section of cardboard was irregular shaped and I keep thinking it was formed in the shape of something, an animal or something, but that is never established as best I recall in the sleeping dream.

We begin to split the section of cardboard. She has a machete. She tells me to move my foot so she doesn't hit it with the machete.

I think I woke up at that point and got out of bed. There might have been more dialog about searching for more 'green' and of how only I had the detection device. I was going to split the proceeds with her anyway although the reasons for that are never explained in the dream. I guess I was just feeling generous. Not certain which parts in this last part, as described in this paragraph section, are from the dream or are from the point where I had awoken and was thinking about the sleeping dream. At some point I had started to wonder if that luminescence was from gamma radiation.

I decided to make this note after I started reviewing on the internet 'cardboard' and that quickly led me here and then I decided to make this note because of the parcel the woman receives. I had never even heard of that title before. I thought it was a joke at first reading it a short while ago.





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Adventure_of_the_Cardboard_Box


The Adventure of the Cardboard Box

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The Adventure of the Cardboard Box" is one of the 56 short Sherlock Holmes stories written by British author Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. It is the second of the twelve Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes in most British editions of the canon, and second of the eight stories from His Last Bow in most American versions. The story was first published in the Strand Magazine in 1892.


Synopsis

The tale begins when Miss Susan Cushing of Croydon receives a parcel in the post which contains two severed human ears packed in coarse salt. Inspector Lestrade of Scotland Yard suspects a prank by three medical students whom Miss Cushing was forced to evict because of their unruly behaviour. The parcel was sent from Belfast which is where one of the former boarders was from. Holmes, however, upon examining the parcel himself, is convinced that they are dealing with a serious crime. He reasons that a medical student with access to a dissection laboratory would likely use something other than plain salt to preserve human remains and would be able to make a neater incision than the rough hack used on these ears. Also, the address on the package itself, roughly written and with a spelling correction, suggests to Holmes a certain lack of education about the sender and a lack of familiarity with Croydon. Even the knot in the string suggests to Holmes that they are looking for someone with sailing experience.

It turns out to be an elementary case for Holmes, so much so that he asks Lestrade not to mention his name in connection with it. A few simple questions to Miss Cushing, a few observations, a cable to Liverpool, and a visit to Miss Cushing's sister Sarah (Holmes was denied admittance by the doctor because she was having a "brain fever") convince Holmes that the ears belong to Miss Cushing's other sister, Mary, and her extramarital lover. He is convinced, too, that the dead sister's husband, Jim Browner, is the murderer, and that, going by outdated information, Browner had sent the cardboard box containing the ears to the Cushing's house in Croydon (addressing it merely to "S. Cushing"), not realizing that Sarah was no longer resident there. Browner, who is an unpleasant man when drunk, had meant to horrify Sarah (rather than Susan) as he blamed Sarah for causing the trouble in his family that culminated in his murdering his wife and her lover.

Browner is indeed a sailor, and Belfast was the first port where he had the chance to post the parcel. Lestrade, acting on Holmes's information, is waiting to arrest him when his ship reaches London. He confesses everything. He is presented with considerable sympathy, a simple man so tormented by guilt at his act that he would welcome being hanged. The real villain of the story - morally if not legally - is Sarah Cushing, who tried to seduce Browner herself and, when he rejected her advances, set out to wreck his marriage with her sister Mary.










http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/pinkfloyd/runlikehell.html


PINK FLOYD


"Run Like Hell"

Run, run, run, run [repeat line four times]
You better make your face up in
Your favourite disguise
With your button down lips and your
Roller blind eyes
With your empty smile
And your hungry heart
Feel the bile rising from your guilty past
With your nerves in tatters
As the cockleshell shatters
And the hammers batter
Down your door
You better run



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 9:21 PM Pacific Time Seattle USA Saturday 18 May 2013