Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Long term memory




The process to actively inhibit my long-term memory could not destroy that memory. Otherwise I would not learn anything. Who wants a US Marine Corps officer who cannot learn anything new?

I could get those memories back if I knew where to get the medication. As it is now I have to relearn how to access that memory in my mind as it exists now. Those are just normal memories subject to storage mechanism the same as any other memory. Some things I remember well some details I remember nothing about. I read an example of the natural process of memory inhibition: a person needs to remember where they parked their car but they don’t need to remember every single occurrence in the past of where they parked their car.

So the security drug would leave my short-term memory and my long-term intact, as intact as physically possible for my human brain.

Finally, there would have to be a final step in the process. See, I would have been consuming the security drug that blocks my memory when not taking the drug and leaves me with memory only of when I was off the drug. The security drug did not make me forget I was taking the drug. During the time I was not taking the security drug, in order to manage the working memory I have now, I would have still be aware that I had been consuming a security drug for my memory. I would have had to know that. So something had to make me forget even about that security drug.





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reversible_inhibitor


Reversible inhibitor

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For acetylcholine esterase (AChE), reversible inhibitors are those that do not irreversibly bond to and decactivate AChE.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acetylcholinesterase


Acetylcholinesterase

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Acetylcholinesterase, also known as AChE or acetylhydrolase, is a serine protease that hydrolyzes the neurotransmitter acetylcholine. AChE is found at mainly neuromuscular junctions and cholinergic brain synapses, where its activity serves to terminate synaptic transmission. It belongs to carboxylesterase family of enzymes.


Biological function

During neurotransmission, ACh is released from the nerve into the synaptic cleft and binds to ACh receptors on the post-synaptic membrane, relaying the signal from the nerve. AChE, also located on the post-synaptic membrane, terminates the signal transmission by hydrolyzing ACh. The liberated choline is taken up again by the pre-synaptic nerve and ACh is synthetized by combining with acetyl-CoA through the action of choline acetyltransferase.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acetylcholine


Acetylcholine

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Acetylcholine (ACh, pron. ah-See-tul-KO-leen) is an organic, polyatomic cation that acts as a neurotransmitter in both the peripheral nervous system (PNS) and central nervous system (CNS) in many organisms, including humans.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurotransmitter


Neurotransmitter

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Neurotransmitters are endogenous chemicals that transmit signals from a neuron to a target cell across a synapse. Neurotransmitters are packaged into synaptic vesicles clustered beneath the membrane in the axon terminal, on the presynaptic side of a synapse.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synapse


Synapse

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In the nervous system, a synapse is a structure that permits a neuron (or nerve cell) to pass an electrical or chemical signal to another cell (neural or otherwise). Santiago Ramón y Cajal proposed that neurons are not continuous throughout the body, yet still communicate with each other, an idea known as the neuron doctrine. The word "synapse" comes from "synaptein", which Sir Charles Scott Sherrington and colleagues coined from the Greek "syn-" ("together") and "haptein" ("to clasp").

Synapses are essential to neuronal function: neurons are cells that are specialized to pass signals to individual target cells, and synapses are the means by which they do so. At a synapse, the plasma membrane of the signal-passing neuron (the presynaptic neuron) comes into close apposition with the membrane of the target (postsynaptic) cell. Both the presynaptic and postsynaptic sites contain extensive arrays of molecular machinery that link the two membranes together and carry out the signaling process. In many synapses, the presynaptic part is located on an axon, but some presynaptic sites are located on a dendrite or soma. Astrocytes also exchange information with the synaptic neurons, responding to synaptic activity and, in turn, regulating neurotransmission.

There are two fundamentally different types of synapses:

In a chemical synapse, the presynaptic neuron releases a chemical called a neurotransmitter that binds to receptors located in the postsynaptic cell


Role in memory

Main article: Hebbian theory

It is widely accepted that the synapse plays a role in the formation of memory. As neurotransmitters activate receptors across the synaptic cleft, the connection between the two neurons is strengthened when both neurons are active at the same time, as a result of the receptor's signalling mechanisms. The strength of two connected neural pathways is thought to result in the storage of information, resulting in memory. This process of synaptic strengthening is known as long-term potentiation.

By altering the release of neurotransmitters, plasticity of synapses can be controlled in the presynaptic cell. The postsynaptic cell can be regulated by altering the function and number of its receptors. Changes in postsynaptic signaling are most commonly associated with N-methyl-d-aspartic acid receptor (NMDAR)-dependent long-term potentiation (LTP) and long-term depression (LTD), which are the most analyzed forms of plasticity at excitatory synapses.










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/G/Gremlins.html


Gremlins


This is what's left of my imported Bavarian snowman.
Your dog broke it this morning!
I'm terribly sorry.
Tell me how much I owe you--
I don't want money.
I want your dog.
Barney?



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087363/trivia?tab=qt

IMDb


Gremlins (1984)

Quotes


Ruby Deagle: I want your dog.

Billy Peltzer: Barney?

Ruby Deagle: Give him to me. I'll take him to the kennel, they'll put him to sleep. It will be quick and painless compared to what I would do to him.

Billy Peltzer: What could you do?

Ruby Deagle: I'll catch the beast myself. He'll get what he deserves, a slow painful death.Maybe I'll put him in my spin-drier on high heat.

Mr. Anderson: That would do it all right!

[Barney then jumps from the bank counter and smashes Mrs Deagle's snowman head and starts barking at her]



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 3:50 PM Pacific Time Seattle USA Tuesday 21 May 2013